Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sims 3 Game Launcher Won't Open. Any Help?

Okay let me start by saying I love downloading things for the Sims, usually from modthesims, the shop, or thesimsresource and non of them have ever given me an issue before.

The last few weeks I've noticed it's not only that my game freezes a lot (mainly because my computer is exceedingly slow and full of Sims downloads), but the screen that I'm supposed to see when I try to open a Sims 3 pack doesn't open at all. I thought at the very least that would pull open the launcher, but I don't even get that. The icon wouldn't work, Origin won't work, using the expansions that I have doesn't work. None of these have opened the game at all, but where it gets even funnier, all of my game icons are gone for both TS3 and TS2 which I haven't touched in months.

I'm not sure why icons are disappearing and acting as though they're uninstalled even though when I pull up the Control Panel they still show they are installed. I'm just looking for some help because I don't want to uninstall and reinstall all of my EP's, Stuff Packs, and the base game again knowing it won't work. Any help is appreciated.

Also, because I have a feeling someone will ask me what I'm using to run my games, it varies between my Dell laptop (Windows 8) and my tower (Windows 7) which is the computer having all the problems, as far as I can tell. Also, I'm using my mother's account, if I don't respond quickly or the response doesn't sound like what I wrote, it's probably my mom writing.

Comments

• TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    You need to get the computer scanned for viruses because anything like a search window can cause them to get in.I use AVG to get rid of Viruses and they can come on browser updates,OS updates and even in corrupted updates for any computer software.It can also be a sign of the hard drive needing to get defragmented because that can slow the computer down too.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited January 2015
    prpfd2 wrote: »
    Okay let me start by saying I love downloading things for the Sims, usually from modthesims, the shop, or thesimsresource and non of them have ever given me an issue before. <br />
    <br />
    The last few weeks I've noticed it's not only that my game freezes a lot (mainly because my computer is exceedingly slow and full of Sims downloads), but the screen that I'm supposed to see when I try to open a Sims 3 pack doesn't open at all. I thought at the very least that would pull open the launcher, but I don't even get that. The icon wouldn't work, Origin won't work, using the expansions that I have doesn't work. None of these have opened the game at all, but where it gets even funnier, all of my game icons are gone for both TS3 and TS2 which I haven't touched in months. <br />
    <br />
    I'm not sure why icons are disappearing and acting as though they're uninstalled even though when I pull up the Control Panel they still show they are installed. I'm just looking for some help because I don't want to uninstall and reinstall all of my EP's, Stuff Packs, and the base game again knowing it won't work. Any help is appreciated.<br />
    <br />
    Also, because I have a feeling someone will ask me what I'm using to run my games, it varies between my Dell laptop (Windows 8) and my tower (Windows 7) which is the computer having all the problems, as far as I can tell. Also, I'm using my mother's account, if I don't respond quickly or the response doesn't sound like what I wrote, it's probably my mom writing.

hi @prpfd2 no reason to scan your system first try resetting your sims 3 game data files by pulling my documents/electronic arts/sims 3 to desktop and run and SAVE a test game

if this doesnt fix all problems please update which remain

if this does fix all problems you can move your old files into new BUT test each move by opening launcher to see if any one file is corrupted

more about your files http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Sims+3+Folder+Contents+FAQ