Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Refurbishing Challenge

Cookingpup99Cookingpup99 Posts: 443 Member
A natural disaster has struck Willow Creek and now all the houses have been destroyed. The people of Willow Creek live in ruins but there is nothing they can do about it. Your founder moves in to Willow Creek with the ambition to make it once again a beautiful place with beautiful houses. Each Generation will move to a new lot through marriage, refurbishing and building the houses.

Starting Up:

1. Pick any empty lot to move your founder into. You can either make them a partner in which case you stay on the lot for the first generation, or you can just make a founder in which case you must find a wife/husband and move into their house.
2. Before beginning to play, you must go into Manage World and go to every house quickly deleting most but not all walls, roofs and some furniture.

Rules:

1. NO MONEY CHEATS
2. To end this challenge you must go around every house and redo them.
3. No Mods that could give an advantage.
4. Custom Content is allowed.
5. Every house must have a painting or piece of furniture created on the workbench by the family.
6. You must not switch households during this challenge. *
7. You can create new sims to move into the world.
8. All houses must be full as your sims need to move into them.
9. If your sim marries someone who is not currently in the world or lives in Oasis Springs then they must move in with your sim. Obviously this then puts you back as you cannot redo another house, so you will just have to work on the current house.
10. Each house must have two floors, a bathroom, at least 2 bedrooms, at least 4 windows and be fully decorated.

Have fun and let me know what you think about it :)

*You can switch back to the heir's parents household but you must not go into build and buy mode and must switch back when the day is up.
Post edited by Cookingpup99 on

Comments

• Cookingpup99Cookingpup99 Posts: 443 Member
    *Bump* Anyone up for it?
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    I actually really like the sound of this. I've always loved building and decorating in the game. Could be a lot of fun to restore the houses to suit the style/personality of each descendant when they marry and move.

I've got two stories going at the moment, but I might start this next time I'm more in the mood to build/decorate without a specific idea in mind.

Nice challenge i think :)
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
    edited January 2015
    @Carewren123‌ Thank you :) I might change it a little as there are a lot of houses so I might just put it to 10 houses, like the usual 10 generation legacy.

EDIT: I've just read some of your Apocalypse Story, it's great! I can't wait to read more!!!
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    Oh, thank you so much. It's always nice to hear when someone is enjoying something you made/wrote.

I'll definitely bookmark this thread and probably post some pics here when I have some to share for the challenge. Yeah I don't see myself starting a third story blog, so yeah I'll just share some pics here :)
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
    @Carewren123‌ Your welcome :) It'll be cool to see what you create :)
    So I've started this, as you can see in my signature. I need the next heir so I'm holding a vote... goo along and have a look! I really need an heir :)