Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• JanoJano Posts: 100 Member
    I would like a royal family, you could have royal weddings with announcements and sims lining the streets while the newly weds wave from the balcony and then the royal birth of the future monarch.
  • ZitiacheZitiache Posts: 8 New Member
    Sorry if this isn't the right place, but just a small suggestion. You know how snobs get the "Classy Content" buff when watching the news? I would think they would get that buff for the new channels in City Living (Public Access, Politisim, World Culture) but apparently they're just neutral.
  • brinadaniellebrinadanielle Posts: 96 Member
    yes ! I miss Sims University and Generations. Maybe Sims University could come with a new world and generations could come with a couple of new destination worlds one for vacation, and one for the boarding schools.
    I really miss the family events of generations.
  • ArianaZanetaArianaZaneta Posts: 12 New Member
    Part-time jobs and self employment. Sims with aspirations like botanist and angling ace should have an option of a job that is related to their aspirations while they are leveling up so that they can make more money like in Sims 3
    It would also be great if they would add fence post lights back in. It would make lighting the yards so much easier
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Sims2 type of screenshot management. Cars, including the ability to repair a junker either for use or sale. Wrought iron building decorations as in New Orleans French Quarter, was in Sims1, which included a neighborhood like that to visit which had a lot of cool shops and a traveling street performer who wandered the streets and came into the shops. Street side vendor carts where you could get everything from burgers and hot dogs, to pastries, to ice cream, various drinks etc.- also a Sims1 feature. More vacation destinations, as in Sims2. Medieval clothes, furniture, the castle kit like Sims2, ability to have and use weapons (maybe that could take care of the marauding vampire townies that keep on breaking into my homes), quests to go on, etc. Victorian stuff pack-vampires only scratches the surface on that era. Body Shop, like in Sims2. The end of the current hostility to CC - integrated smoothly and easily in Sims2, so what's the problem now?
  • RetinaStormRetinaStorm Posts: 185 Member
    i would leave to see a junk yard were you can send your sims to rummage through stuff and remove parts off old ovens etc to either give the appearance of a mismatch oven thats been repaired off old pieces of junk or even find parts that will upgrade the item they have
    I want simple things back like favorite food/music, laundry, being able to feed the fish in the fish tank. I still play the Sims 3 sometimes because of little things like that. Also better control over hair color (highlights, roots,tips) and being able to layer the tattoos
  • ModerockerModerocker Posts: 159 Member
    edited February 2017
    I know that EA can add more to the base game (i.e. toddlers, teeth, and color swatches) through latest patches, but is there anyway they can add on to the different packs? I think it would be great to add new content to the packs to keep it exciting and fresh!
    6unzx1t.gif
    Since grocery stores don't exist, we should be able to sell the produce we grow to restaurants because honestly it's really annoying that you have to sell everything thing individually from your inventory. I really want a sell all option again.
  • namine39namine39 Posts: 41 Member
    a 4th trait slot would be nice.. technially it says we have 4 traits. but its the trait from the aspiration and then u have 3 actaul traits. i wish there was atleast a 4th trait slot. because only having 3. it seems like ur limited :/ and to me it would add more to their personality.
  • hans-martijnhans-martijn Posts: 4 New Member
    Deleting the walls on the side of the roofs, octagonal/round roofs and the roofs not sticking into rooms anymore.
  • S1MSLYS1S__QARDS1MSLYS1S__QARD Posts: 206 Member
    Build mode:
    The spacing between objects should be smaller
    windows and doors and mirrors at all heights and length/widths of the same design for different wall heights and length/Widths

Game-play:
    Ignore objects obstruction cheats so sims can use objects are pass through to get to a objects without a problem (i.e the cant move/use footstep speech bubble NO MORE)
  • worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
    edited February 2017
    The biggest thing I want to make a return is the ignore button for chance cards (both work and school) in TS2. To me, an ignore button should've been base game. If there can't simply be an option to enable/disable chance cards in the gameplay options menu, I think this at the very least would suffice. It would be a great compromise for those who like and those who dislike chance cards. Those who like them will still have them, and those who dislike them can easily press the ignore button for no consequence whatsoever.

Some players such as myself prefer a more laid back style of gameplay. I'm not the risk taking kind of person. I much preferred the opportunities in TS3 over the chance cards in TS2, and as such I did not particularly care for the return of chance cards. Not only did they return, but the ignore button was also gone, pretty much forcing us to make a choice. This wouldn't be so bad if there was a set correct answer for each chance card, but there isn't. The outcome seems to be determined after you make your choice. Especially at higher career levels where my sims work only two or three days a week, I find myself saving before they go to work in fear of a bad chance card. A performance loss at that stage can flush an entire week's worth of work down the drain.

I go into more detail on this in the petition to bring back the ignore button I've linked to in my signature.
  • Ksimmer1217Ksimmer1217 Posts: 19 Member
    Now that there is a vampire pack, I think there should be a vampire hunter trait.
    I would like pets, and generations also just because this game needs to be more involved like teaching your sims how to drive.
    I want other interactive careers like veterinarian (comes with the pets pack), fashion/modeling, teacher, etc.
  • ThijzzemansThijzzemans Posts: 4 New Member
    Cloud saving.
    I lost my biggest creation :(
  • Dee WestDee West Posts: 66 Member
    These are my suggestions:
    - Alarm Clocks
    - wake up more than 1 hour before they go to work
    - faster eating, bathing, and toilet runs
    - relaxing in bed
    - a workbench to make bouquets with the flowers
    - a workbench to make something with crystals and metals (maybe jewelry)
    - shelves big enough to display large crystals, fossils, insects, and frogs
    - fish not go bad in the refrigerator or give them a timer like the food (I hate when I fish away from my neighborhood and the fish are going bad before I can get back)
    - Or a container to put fish in so they don't go bad
    - more recipes to use all the fruits and vegetables
    - insects can be caught in parks
    - after you identify a plant the bushes are also identified (Get a ton of the same plants when looking for new ones)
    - the collector butterfly (it a pain trying to find collectables)
    - more fruits and vegetables
    - sprinklers (it takes forever to water plants)
    - toddlers
    - less multiple births
    - larger neighborhood with venues
    - have children's skill rollover to teen and so on
    - ethnic jewelry (don't know what it's called like the India headband)
    - ethnic clothing (like sarong)
    - piercings
    - be able to put your own pictures (like with music)
    - fully adjustable lifespans
    - elevators or escalators
    - dating service online
    - favorites and astrological signs
    - stackable display containers for insects and frogs
    - other tabs for career, camping, and etc.
    - weather and cars would be nice
    - able to know how much time is left when you are on vacation
    - some kind of indicator what wrong with the baby
    - job: daycare
    - more starter homes
    - future (like the one in sims 3)
    - cuddling in bed
    - robbers
    - firemen/women
    -
    I'll keep adding everything I want as I think of them.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Forgotten Hollow should be bigger, especially when more Supernatruals come out. It's got space all over the place, some sort of mine that bats come out of that reeks of 'hidden area' but isn't, and even a bridge that goes nowhere, so it could definitely be bigger.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    Part-time jobs and self employment. Sims with aspirations like botanist and angling ace should have an option of a job that is related to their aspirations while they are leveling up so that they can make more money like in Sims 3

+1 for the part time jobs. I cannot beg, plead, nag and whine for these things to come back enough. I have always had sims with part time jobs since Sims 1. I want these back in a major way.
    EiFlric.png
    More empty lots in each new world we get, even if we don't get free worlds.

We kind of do have self-employment, like businesses and programming and writing and painting. They're all ways to make money at home.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • nicolethebowlnicolethebowl Posts: 121 Member
    Whenever my sim bakes it take her forever to put down what she made and she always grabs a serving out of what she made when she's a vampire who doesn't need to eat
  • namine39namine39 Posts: 41 Member
    my suggestion is kiddie pools for toddlers and kids. i tink its great that they added toddlers to the game, i wish they wouldve added like kiddie pools, they have pools, and hot tubs, so im sure they can make kiddie pools. that are like shallow and can be used for toddlers and kids. and they would still have to put on the floaties, like umm the better their movement skill is. the better they can swim, and swim wifout floaties. and also a teen/young adult/adult/elder can go into the kiddie pool(not swim in it. but like stand in it) to help the toddler swim.
  • NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    Bring back Celebrity levels and paparazzi like you had in Sims 3: Late Night, it was a lot of fun locking paparazzi out of your home and lurking around your home, waiting to catch you in the act and publicly humiliate your Sims, oh and use mischief interactions on Paparazzi members. xD

Another suggestion, no load screens when visiting neighbours, only when going to another neighbourhood or world is when a loading screen would be accurate.
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10
    I've been having some issues with invisible sandwiches lately. Like, my Sim stops eating but the action doesn't go away, nor can I throw away the plate which is frequently on the floor and empty. I have to select the plate to eat again, but my Sim doesn't pick up the food, they make the eating motion without food. Only then can the plate be cleaned away.

Oh, and sometimes I get half-cooked food in my home inventory if a meal is only half-cooked somewhere, but I can't throw it away. I have to put it on the floor and have the Sim finish cooking it - which sometimes means they need to run to a public grill.
  • chrissyhornchrissyhorn Posts: 2 New Member
    I do miss being able to hop in my car and drive around, though that would require a base game overhaul. I do love that apartment living was finally added in the new San Myshuno neighborhood, along with city life, but I do have to admit I was hoping for a bit more. Previously in Apartment Life, you were able to have more neighbors (and more floors?). Along that line, I really wish the neighborhoods themselves had more open lots. The neighborhoods are so much smaller, and much of the fun was filling up a neighborhood with many different categories of buildings, as well as watching your kids and grandkids spread out.

I would really like to see weather come back, as well as laundry, and I would definitely enjoy more vacation locales. I thoroughly enjoyed the adventures I could go on in past editions. And of course PETS!