Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I wish the original poster could update the OP because some of the things mentioned in the list have happened already :)
  • evagonblaevagonbla Posts: 14 New Member
    Hi there!
    What I need to fix the game: a command where you control household sims which aren't in the current lot, which allows us to order that sims "finish daily task" or "do homework", because that's the main reason my sims fast never go out or all my clubs hang out in its members' homes.
    Building mode: I badly need smaller stairs: zigzag, spiral, even ladders. Round rooms and roofs. Laundry.
    CAS: feather, butterfly, dragon wings (for fairies, angels, demons, etc); demon, cat, dragon, horse tails and rabbit ribbons. Also cat, horse, rabbit ears and freedom to edit ears with aliens' shape in human sims. Customes from other EA games. More heights (I suggest: Gegant, Tolkien elf, hobbit, dwarf, gobbling). Longer hairstyles. More and better curly hairs. ;) Yes, I play fantasy sims.
    Game play: more surprises, new jobs (photograh and model could have been easily added in CL), new hobbies for all ages (karate and ballet), more sports and different gym machines.
    As for general, I think this is all I need, if I'm asked about packs: toddlers (family live), beach retreat world (don't forget mermaids, please), pets (with farming, hunt and vet), and supernatural (vampires, werewolves, fairies and witchery as skill and work, not life state, witchery should include elementals as highter evolution).
  • emokitten2768emokitten2768 Posts: 29 Member
    My idea for the game that would make it a little better would be if you got a notification if a friend or family member that isn't in the home passed away had a baby or got married. (I know they have mods that do that but I don't use mods sof it would be a good addition)
  • AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    I would like it if there were smaller lot sizes than are currently available. This way if someone wants to have a "tiny house" or studio apartment type of living arrangement they can. I may be wrong but it seems like there were smaller lot sizes available for all of the previous generations of the Sims games.

I also really wish mirrors could be put in bathrooms with counters that have sinks without using the move objects cheat much like with the previous games. I know a few mirrors allow that but most don't.

Id also love if there was an option for microwaves that can go below a small partial cabinet above the stove where the stove hood normally goes as my house has that in real life and id love to be able to replicate that in my Sims houses.

I would love to have a pantry type thing similar to the walk-in closets we got from one of the expansions as many houses and larger apartments ive been in have had them.

I think it would be nice to have an automatic roofing option similar to how the cabinets work where you can do it yourself or have it be automatic.

I find it frustrating that outside "rooms" have a foundation and require stairs when you get it from the gallery if your house has a foundation. If there was any way to make it not be like that I would really appreciate it.

• KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    Pray Will Wright returns. Only he can fix this mess.
  • HonestlyBenjaminHonestlyBenjamin Posts: 381 Member
    I'd like disasters where your house could be flooded and you have to move into someone elses house
    Why would that be fun? Its like playing a city building game and unleashing all the disasters on it after you have spent hours working on it.

It would make the game challenging of course there would have to obviously be things you could do to prevent such as flood defenses
  • goldann25goldann25 Posts: 37 Member
    I would like to see something on the computer/phone that would tell you wheneed the next festival is.
  • ericschumann85ericschumann85 Posts: 105 Member
    I stopped playing sims 4 after get to work. I felt the get to work was very scripted for police officer and doctor etc. It didn't' feel like an open world. it felt like boring click this and then click that. I didn't feel i was challenged. But i did like creating a business and selling things. creating custom things with wood and selling it etc.

I just feel the 'story' of my sims is playing out currently like i have no feeling for them. no connection. just sims that have a predictable approach.
    some additional things that would make the game much more interesting and long play for me.

1) CRIMINAL SIMS - House Robbery with criminal sims in game and cops that you have to call to stop them or you fight them. (aka sims 2)
    2) GENERATIONS - miss talking to toddlers to teach to talk and walk and potty train. if you missed these things they didn't do as well. I like that and miss it quite a bit.
    3) GRAVE STONES for ghosts. So we can choose NOT to have ghosts.
    4) CUSTOM CREATION -

* world templates to add more lots to game. i like the worlds we have but i want more.
    * Video game arcade videos (aka custom Arcade machines)
    * custom wallpapers
    * custom art (painter)
    * custom photos (photography).

5) Create a CLUB BAND - and like a club get together and perform at clubs with drums, guitar, bass, singing. maybe bands can get a band photo to promote and maybe they hire a social media person for promotion. or play for the politicians. perhaps the new bar that hires them because they want a band.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Unchained babies, toddlers, and being able to cook at a restaurant, and maybe being able to build apartments...
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • HonestlyBenjaminHonestlyBenjamin Posts: 381 Member
    More types of traits and more life stages like toddler and older child
  • Lukkas_LeonhartLukkas_Leonhart Posts: 44 Member
    edited January 2017
    please, bring back the interaction "watch tv in bed" (we have multitask now) and the cuddling animation...

Kt3JZRl.jpg

emggzJJ.jpg
    Post edited by Lukkas_Leonhart on
    jzHHpy3.jpg
  • Cyberking619Cyberking619 Posts: 8 New Member
    They should really bring back the little details they had in The Sims 2. ( Getting baby bottles from the fridge, teens getting acne is hygiene too low, diapers falling on the ground when changed, and being able to bathe babies in the sink, etc. :) )
  • chrissynanachrissynana Posts: 6 New Member
    I really need higher resale value for some items. I would like to start a herbal store and sale the lotions and stuff you make. The resale value is too low to sell them so please increase. For all the work you have to do to kind all the ingredients don't you think it's fair to make money from them? please!!

I would also like a remake of sims 1 superstar

I would also like reputations ...something to make deeper and unexpected experience

I really miss when you had to buy new clothes to have new outfits......it was a easy way to apply more gameplay

and yes more gameplay....I hear simmers all the time say "will you cant do that in real life." well people play games to escape real life so not a good excuse

so much potential use it please!!!
  • Bnrgames1165Bnrgames1165 Posts: 28 New Member
    they should add inherited traits or have randomly chosen traits if your sims have been in bad moods for a majority of their pregnancy
  • SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    This is a really good list, I'm happy to see so many of us feel the same way about TS4--that it's broken and unplayable ATM.

I think the major issue with the game is the Live mode aspect. I love building, and I love the CAS, but when it comes to actually PLAYING the game, I get extremely bored and feel unchallenged. What we need is for the game to be more difficult overall--and I can already hear the people furiously typing their remarks about how they like the challenge of the game as is, and that's fine! Some of us like playing in a mode where we know what's going to happen, when it's going to happen, and our Sims go through life more or less unchallenged. What I want is varying degrees of difficulty, even if it's just "normal" and "hard".

This game was literally dead to me after City Living came out. I religiously bought it on release and played it right away, as I have with all other packs, but found that this new EP did nothing to make the game more fun for me. I need more randomness, more tragedy, more struggling, and more challenges put in front of me to enjoy this game! So after several months of hiatus, I decided (on a whim of boredom) to look at Sims mods. I installed mods to inflate the bills, mods to make fires more dangerous and happen more often, and a mod that made alien abductions more likely, among other things.

I jumped into my newly modded Sims 4 and immediately started a Legacy challenge. All was well, until my level 1 cooking Sim tried to make mac n' cheese. The oven burst into flames and she instantly caught on fire. By the time I had put her out, the fire had destroyed the fridge and was moving along to the rest of my outdoor camp. The fire was spreading as fast as she could put it out, and she got caught on fire at least four more times. By the time the fire was completely out, it had destroyed everything except the sink and a barstool. It was the most fun I've had playing the Sims in a LONG time.

Now, it isn't just fires and alien abductions that were drastically nerfed in this iteration of the Sims. In the Sims 4, it's way too easy to make money, you literally don't spend money on anything other than furniture and tiny bills every week, we don't have burglars, our Sims never catastrophically fail at work and have to build themselves back up... there is literally no challenge to this game. We don't go through life untouched by disaster and struggle, so why should our Sims? The ability of a Sims player isn't defined by how well they can build houses, how many challenges they complete, or how much money they can make, it's defined by how they deal with every curveball that the game throws at them.

I think the opportunities added by TS3 were a good addition, though they did get annoying over time. I would love to see a system like that implemented, but instead of constantly getting good opportunities we need bad things to happen as well. We NEED burglars and for fires to be more likely to happen. Yes, we do need the realism of toddlers added back into the game. We need the moods of our Sims to actually behave like real moods--nobody is happy or inspired or focused all the time. Let's be realistic, we're lucky if we can stay focused for one forum post. Sometimes people wake up and they're sad, or angry, or scared. When there are bills to pay, Sims should get tense from it! Babies shouldn't be so boring to take care of, and they shouldn't always be either happy or sad. Babies that are hungry should be uncomfortable, and babies should randomly get angry or sad and have to be calmed down by a parent (or left to throw their tantrum).

Lastly, HALF of my mods are bug fixes. Lag fixes, janitors on community lots, generic lots actually bring in NPC's, less random people stalking my house, and item placement fixes, to name a few. I'm happy that the Sims team rolls out new patches and free content for us at least semi-regularly. But what about the things that people HATE? What about the creepy stalkers constantly walking up and knocking on your door, or the people you waved at on the street magically getting your phone number and calling you 4 times a day to invite you to parties and out to dinner? What about the real bugs and persistent issues that have been there from the start of the game?

Really EA, we just want you to listen to us. Please. We are the people who buy your product. You won't monopolize the life simulation games forever, and all you're doing is pushing us away and releasing more Young Adult themed expansion packs! Just give us what we want and we'll recommend your game to people! We'll buy your expansion packs, and most importantly we'll play your game.
    Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!
  • AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
    I would like to see Rooflights, those would be great for making greenhouses.
  • thesimsserbiathesimsserbia Posts: 510 Member
    I dont know why we bother to writhe enythingI think they do listnening to us but at the end they do what they want!...we asking apartments,some option to put our sims in one place but to separate them and we get apartment with somthing that we cant change,we r limithet to one world,with sily bulding..sily apartments with to meny limitation! we asking seasons and i think they gonna give us on one lot rain on other lot snow and on other lot fog r what ever! we asking pet and i think we gonna get in som cote -cat r dog and there we can feed them and pet..i think that..ewrything we ask we get but in som sily way,like they do joke with us!
  • llPrincessllllPrincessll Posts: 15 Member
    I'd love it if they bring the story mode back to the franchise, like in The Sims Bustin' Out, or The Sims 2 on console. You were also able to play with friends in multiplayer mode on those two games. Now, the entire franchise is focused on "freemode" in single player. So theirs nothing to do, and no friends to play alongside you with.
  • SimsterlingSimsterling Posts: 12 New Member
    I miss my toddlers, the sims aren't as complex as they used to be in TS2, graphics are gorgeous however
  • MaeraMaera Posts: 1,575 Member
    Attraction system. Want/Wish category on top of the whims we currently have. More trait slots as well as more fleshed out/deep emotional states & how traits affect the way your sim behaves. Make it semi-open world...where you can travel between lots on the street your on, or the 'zone' you're currently in.
  • MaeraMaera Posts: 1,575 Member
    Snowie wrote: »
    Now, it isn't just fires and alien abductions that were drastically nerfed in this iteration of the Sims. In the Sims 4, it's way too easy to make money, you literally don't spend money on anything other than furniture and tiny bills every week, we don't have burglars, our Sims never catastrophically fail at work and have to build themselves back up... there is literally no challenge to this game. We don't go through life untouched by disaster and struggle, so why should our Sims? The ability of a Sims player isn't defined by how well they can build houses, how many challenges they complete, or how much money they can make, it's defined by how they deal with every curveball that the game throws at them.

OMG! Yes, please, all of this!! I miss the challenge of previous Sims games; especially Sims 2. There's no real risk or any tangible consequences, which means no real/tangible challenge = no real/tangible fun/feeling of achievement.
  • PoooksterLOVEPoooksterLOVE Posts: 161 Member
    TODDLERS !!
    tumblr_nsyr7fdhfz1qeekseo1_500.gif
  • llPrincessllllPrincessll Posts: 15 Member
    I finally convinced one of my friends to play The Sims 4. She bought it and downloaded it through origin, then played it non stop for a week straight. I mentioned the game to her just now, and her response was so golden, that I rushed here to share it;

"I'm at a loss of things to do on sims now. All i do is build, make sims, then watch them like tv".

As her fist time ever paying The Sims and not knowing what the game was at all, I can easily assume she will not becoming an active member of the community. Most of us Sims fans know how quickly the game becomes boring, thus why theirs tons of mods out there to prolong the inevitable boredom. I have every Sims 4 content that EA released so far, and still I find myself turning the game off for days - weeks even, hoping something inspires me to play my expensive game again. I even bought my costly laptop to play The Sims. So you can assume I invested a lot for this game.

But in all honesty, I only became a Sims fan when I played it for the first time on PS2; The Sims Bustin' Out and The Sims 2. I was so addicted I'd wake up every morning to play it, and hardly slept at night playing it. But not only were I able to play with friends back then too, The Sims also had a purpose and goals. With The Sims Bustin' Out, there was a whole story mode with Malcolm Landgraab. The Sims 2 was about completing the missions at each home. As soon as The Sims came to PC, it was all about Freeplay. Freeplay can be fun and all, but now the game lacks any in depth. It's like a ship without the crew. I miss multiplayer, story-mode, toddlers, realistically sized teens, and romantic reputations. Not to mention the open world.

Many MMORPG games that are larger than The Sims is open world. If lots were the only thing with loading screens, then the map could become open world without any performance loss. Or the hidden objects feature could be supplemented so that the game doesn't have to load and render every lot in the world. Most players don't realize why The Sims 3 had longer loading times because the game loading the entire world. But theirs ways around it as I mentioned earlier. Besides, The Sims 4 have massive and powerful tools now to make almost anything possible.

I will like my town to feel more like a town, and ALIVE. Right now it's like watching The Truman Show and everything is just so perfect and it's the same thing each day (eat, sleep, bathroom). I'd like a story-mode where our actions choose our Sims lives (similar to The Desperate Housewives game). Where every dramatic action I take, has a cause and effect. And we will only have control over our main character. That way, life can be unpredictable and based on life progression. For example, if I choose to have an affair and he/she finds out, the results are random and based on The Sims' traits (divorce, moving out, forgiveness, custody war, etc). I think Free-play should still be an option for those who doesn't want their actions to influence their life progression and want to play more than just one character, the same as the game is now. I also think woohoo would be more interesting if it had a risky component.
  • thesimsserbiathesimsserbia Posts: 510 Member
    8xvgr6.jpg
    what is under the tree