Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• severnfyresevernfyre Posts: 4 New Member

Best regards to you all. After much reflection on the deliberations at hand, and with consideration for each person’s ideals, I had hoped to reach a place that would open more playable operations and still allow the people who helped raise the game to its current status.

From the mass of comments I imagine this is probably going to be a very unpopular attitude, but I consider re-skinning a game is a waste of money. Completely revamping a classic for those that want that is a strategic way of giving that fun back, but I would like to speak to those of us who would love to step outside the cookie cutter cluster and really feel something new, but with the “sense” of familiarity and yet independent in its own realm. If I want the same game that I own, but I want it updated, then what I want is what I have. I might reason that I want better quality graphics, faster load times, and a plethora of features that heretofore have been out of my control. “No, seriously I would love that last part.” However, I have long since left the realm of Part 2. It isn’t part two, it’s the same thing with the same types, doing almost the exact same thing in a different place. It’s for people who loved the first thing and thought they would see something new, only different and not at all like the first thing. Now the positive thing about part two anything is when it’s a continuation, its familiar .. not identical. Like Clerks 2. It is like watching the same movie and thinking something different will happen. Anything created, and worth spending time at, should have its own place, its own unique character which sets it apart from its predecessor. Much like Alan Rickman, he didn’t stay in a single genre, neither should this game. “Rickman love.” You might not like every movie he made, but you liked him. Note, “this metaphor only works for Rickman fans”

I will admit that I had hoped to see some familiar things in this game the past two years myself. I hesitated, waiting until I thought they added something I wanted to see, had to have, or finally couldn’t resist. That never happened, they started turning it into the same game with some differing items, and the bash festival began. They did do some serious back-end work that your everyday gamer might not interpret as cool, but I digress. I finally joined up and just hoped they would change it all.

I will tell you if I had SIMs the Entertainment edition, with actors, TV studios, Movie lots And locations, Theaters, Radio stations, and Expos that just showed up for a week here and there that my sim can go to or even have a booth at, I’d be a gutton. I can be a director, announcer, usher, camera person, engineer, production person, or project assistant, hairstylist, wardrobe and makeup or executive of my own self-made company in the game with my own employees.. Maybe even SIMs Traveler edition, with infinite destinations, spelunking in caves, climbing mountains, new architecture, everything from hotels and hostels to airbnbs and friends’ homes “you know you want the infinity pool and swim up bar” oh, and hobbies,luggage, food and traveling in planes, boats, trains, ubercabs or rockets. It’s almost boundless.

I personally think tying it to Every Single Mechanism in a former game is not just re-skinning, its bloatware. More than that, it is expecting me to purchase something I already own, like the movie I bought on vhs, I mean dvd, I mean bluray, I mean 3D.. The enhancements are great, but I feel seriously depleted paying upwards $300 to buy it over and over, and nothing in the actual movie changed, just the quality, “or in Turners case the colorization”. So it turned out that this isn’t Coke classic, but you’ve seen the machine, there are other options. It is a great game that needs a new direction or directions Maybe you don’t want The Simicon Valley edition with little black vs white hats and peer to peer hosting, video game and build your own bot companies with the nerfhearder group. Instead you would love a SIMS Family edition, with the tots through college, the schools, buses, online learning from little eprograms, Libraries, bookstores, cafes teaching jobs, daycares and puppies, lots of puppies. This is a community of people who I really think want the game to be awesome, their own personal ideas of awesome, but nonetheless awesome. if at all possible on any level that EA could produce these in a starter base game way, with proprietary DLCs for the realms, but offer crossover stuff packs, to take it one step further, would allow the merging of realms, for those that like to have two or three.

I think that would be magic. Benzi chibna looble bazebni gweb..Perhaps my ideas are not entirely plausible, with respect to the work involved for the company as a whole, but my overall thought in a nutshell is that it would cater to those that want specifics and are willing to make choices about what they like best. It may need more help than telling them what is wrong. I could spend the next 20 years adding the Ranch experience and Dragons and Spells Edition, but at some point I am going to really hate having to reinstall.. In the face of such hopelessness as some players feel, there is little sense in not at least trying to accomplish all of our wildest dreams. *quasi Kevin smith.. Best regards
  • SimaniacgirlSimaniacgirl Posts: 34 Member
    I think first of all, they could make a patch that adds in toddlers. It would at least repair some of the damage done and prove they do listen.

Secondly, I think they need to communicate more and by this, I mean give detailed explanations and better answers than "we hear you". This sentence feels dismissive. But maybe they're not allowed to talk and that means it's not the team's fault but EA's.

Thirdly, I feel they should make an EP that adds a lot of family play and much needed depth. Maybe do this in a Seasons EP. I always found that seasons add a lot of life into Sims and holidays often mean family time. Maybe they could release a countryside type of neighbourhood with farms. Some ideas of what they could add into the game are holidays, season-specific activities, tabletop games, etc. One major idea I had was a market where Sims could have a stall to sell their crops and other things maybe. I modified the original Sims 1 idea, if you recall, there was a gardener you could sell your crops to. I took this concept and turned it into a mini-business. I think such an EP would have something for everyone. Heck, I'm not that much of a family player but I had them in mind when thinking of this because I feel sorry they were so let down so it's clearly something that could improve the game! I would buy this EP for sure, as I love seasons, businesses and I sometimes play legacies.

Anyway, this was what I thought could improve Sims 4.
  • OzzieneOzziene Posts: 96 Member
    Unlimited sims in a household, especially in CAS.
    The sims 4 scientist and the creator of "Pixile Images"
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    By listening to what your fans want.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • John65A9John65A9 Posts: 59 Member
    Can we get a Wedding Stuff Pack?
  • kitoraemkitoraem Posts: 889 Member
    edited September 2016
    The worlds. They seem so bare from a birds eye view. I use to like making sections like in TS3 with my worlds, like a run down part of town, a section with all the community lots etc.

I also miss seasons, I can imagine it making TS4 extra beautiful... And I miss how you could decorate for christmas and celebrate holidays in TS3. I miss the Santa from the first ever sims!
    May we all chill like wizards
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    More, exciting expansion packs which offer amazing things. It would really liven up gameplay.
  • JaxpanicJaxpanic Posts: 23 New Member
    LaAbby wrote: »
    All lifestages back in for one, family tree, open neighborhood at least, a better map overview, and much much more. (sandbox play back in to)

But most of all, I wish they'd recover their "vision" and look back at what made The Sims a Sims game.

exactlly!
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Sims 5. :o
    p6tqefj
  • janstujanstu Posts: 12 New Member
    Hi,

I have been playing the Sims for a number of years. You could say I have a Sims "problem" in that I go through major Sims playing clusters of time. I REALLY liked Sims 3 so when the Sims 4 was announced I thought, "Wow! An even better Sims!" So, I bought the new Sims 4 game when the Career expansion came out. Kudos on the careers! However, after playing the career expansion over and over again, I would really like another expansion as fun as those. I will not pay for "Dining Out" or "Getting Together" when dining involves taste buds so "How dull!" in Sims and partying involves multiple players since the Sims are such limited beings. How about Sims 4 "Island Paradise," Sims 4 "World Adventures," and Sims 4 "Into the Future?"

Rather than packs of clothes and junk to download, how about dialogue packs? How many times can you spray under a child's bed for monsters or say the same dialogue over and over and over again. Very boring!!!

Please get back to some creative and thoughtful expansions and also some dialogue packs so it doesn't get boring?

I am not sure where to post this post. I am new to the forums even though I have been playing for a number of years.

Thanks for reading!
  • KlueniiKluenii Posts: 90 Member
    When a sim in a household that you are not controlling dies, would it be difficult to allow their urn to be placed in the family inventory or in the inventory of their next of kin? I am trying to play a legacy but for story progression I have played other households so they will marry and have babies to continue their line and it's so frustrating that I cannot add the tombstone to the graveyard I have set up. It seems like it wouldn't be too difficult of a process just to add that urn to the family inventory so they can have it to add to a family cemetery or release the spirit to the netherworld, etc.

If you're ok with mods/cheats this may be the answer you're looking for in regards to the tombstones ht.tps://goo.gl/photos/Y12mA7R6jfZCvkfG9 I had the same issue, and that was the solution I recently worked out. My post count is still to low to properly link, but take the . out of the http and a full walkthrough is detailed there.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited September 2016
    There wouldn't be the acrimony if the game wasn't entitled Sims4 as a lot of Simmers were wanting a bigger and better Sims1, 2 or 3. It isn't that but a Sims offshoot really. This my own opinion.

I do enjoy it (though mostly building houses) but do go back to 2 and 3 when the mood takes me.

Just over 4000 downloads of them today!

• alsvalsv Posts: 36 Member
    I really think it would be awesome if ours Sims developed traits as pets from Sims 3! Something like: a Sim who spend a lot of time outdoors develops the Love Outdoors trait. A Sim who is Family-Oriented, but doesn't interact with his/her family loses the trait.
  • rachluvsdaverachluvsdave Posts: 80 Member
    Okay so I just finished watching the livestream apartments/penthouses sneak peak and noticed that while they were playing the gaming console the fun increased but not the social. What's the point? Why have group activities if they don't increase your social? It's the same with a lot of the existing items as well. I rarely use them because they seem a waste of time if my sims don't build relationships or social. Not to mention fishing should most certainly be a group activity. I grew up going fishing with my family and it was most definitely a social and relationship building activity. In a game that boasts multitasking there should most certainly be more attention to detail put into group activities and items.
  • Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    Kluenii wrote: »
    When a sim in a household that you are not controlling dies, would it be difficult to allow their urn to be placed in the family inventory or in the inventory of their next of kin? I am trying to play a legacy but for story progression I have played other households so they will marry and have babies to continue their line and it's so frustrating that I cannot add the tombstone to the graveyard I have set up. It seems like it wouldn't be too difficult of a process just to add that urn to the family inventory so they can have it to add to a family cemetery or release the spirit to the netherworld, etc.

If you're ok with mods/cheats this may be the answer you're looking for in regards to the tombstones ht.tps://goo.gl/photos/Y12mA7R6jfZCvkfG9 I had the same issue, and that was the solution I recently worked out. My post count is still to low to properly link, but take the . out of the http and a full walkthrough is detailed there.

I took that link, and nothing is there, except a page that says tombstone recovery.
    @Ulfric_Grimbrand the page describes how to go through the process to recover tombstones. I don't know if it is a process that can be fully modded due to the variances involving the type of death.so it's not a link to a recovery mod. I apologize if that was misleading. For someone who really wants to recover the stones and has the patience to go through the steps involved they can start with remove old age as that is the most likely trait and if old age doesn't work try other likely causes of death. The page should have detailed steps and images showing the process to recover any number of tombstones for ghosts using a combination of MC Command and the cheat console.
  • Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    If you give me the full on Sims 2 Open for Business expansion for the sims 4, and I mean not just manage a restaurant but being able to have a any kind of shop you like including a bakery in your own garage or a cardealership etc. I would definitely consider reïnstalling TS4 because during TS2 era that was basically the expansion I played the most by FAR. I could even live without toddlers if you would give us an expansion like this.
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    I haven't seen it here yet so i apologize if i'm "reposting" someone else's fix idea:
    they need to patch in a fix to the terrible horrible family inventory.
    in sims 3, when a Sim dies, their belongings go directly to their offspring. but here, it goes to the family inventory and then you realize you have 586 roses from your late-late-late grandfather sim who died like 6 generations ago and you cant even delete it all at once! you have to push the mouse button 586 times to get it all deleted!
    AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO IS ANNOYED BY THIS?!

-Yarden.
  • deaduendecilladeaduendecilla Posts: 7 New Member
    If any an Open neighborhood would be nice, i know most of assets for the other "Unloaded" lots still show. So i assume an Open Neighborhood shouldn't be too harsh of a transition.

I don't think an open hood is possible but they probably could cut the loading screens when you visit your neighbor.

Same here, I know a lot of people ask for the same thing, so one more post, open world or open neighborhoods would be nice. I miss this from SIMS3, And I rather prefer a big loading screen in the beginning that a loading screen every little movement we do.
  • deaduendecilladeaduendecilla Posts: 7 New Member
    Opportunity system from sims 3, I miss this opportunity challenges they made the game really funny, and with a lot to options to do,
  • rachluvsdaverachluvsdave Posts: 80 Member
    Kluenii wrote: »

@Kluenii I don't know why but I don't get notifications when someone quotes or replies to my comments. Anyway, in response, I just got a new computer and am determined to keep it running great so I use very limited mods and cc. I appreciate the suggestion though. I'm actually, once again, thinking about making the switch back to Sims 3 now that I have a computer that runs it. I keep going back and forth but that talking toilet they added to the new EP was the last nail in the coffin. I think they were confused by what the sims community is referring to when we say we want the t-word. It's not a talking toilet!
    @rachluvsdave I can understand wanting to keep mods and cc to a limit, I do that myself. Congrats on the new computer! Enjoy your game, which ever version you choose to go with!
  • allyjsimmsallyjsimms Posts: 3 New Member
    I want more whims and aspirations! I want my sim to want to go out venues more often as long as that made sense with their ttaits.

I want my sims to be able yo get sick more like the sims 2 (not just get nausious once in a while)

I want to see more from the emotions based on what is happening in game. I feel like my sims are never unhappy... I just feel that in previous games I had to deal with my sims being more emotional. I know everyone may not like this type of change so maybe add in the settings for the game like a slider bar for how much the emotion will range from very mild tempered sims to very emotional sims.

Kind if going along with the last couple things, I really liked the sims 3 generations where sims had more extreme wants linked with their ages and they had different life events that they went through that might change their emotions drastically. I would pay for an expansion on this or take it as an update. Either way it would make me very happy.

I would like to see more of the neighbors just showing up at my sims house. "I am here now pay attention to me." I would like if my sims reacted to them showing up uninvited positively or negatively based on the sims characteristics.

I think they are doing a great job with the game and I hope to see alot more coming up. I have high hopes for the next expansion because I see alot that I am sure I am going to like!
  • hotkakihotkaki Posts: 119 Member
    i Want a "hold hand" interaction! between a child and their parent, And between a couple, While in a community lot.
  • hotkakihotkaki Posts: 119 Member
    and i want martial arts skill from sims 3 WA back!