Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• XMachiaXXMachiaX Posts: 122 Member
    1. Weather (is it Winter? Is it Summer? I don't know... my Sims always walk in the sunshine xD)
    2. Playable Pets
    3. Toddlers
    4. Apartments

I just need that and I would be satisfied xD
  • GLEichholzGLEichholz Posts: 129 Member
    Move objects for sims would help machinima makers so much as well as some of the cheats that we have in TS3 like slow motion. I realize that machinima is a very small niche thing with the Sims but more attention was paid to things to help machinima in TS3. It's like that aspect was ignored in TS4. But yea, Move objects for sims would be awesome (so would the return of the Social Bunny. I miss them.)
  • HorseySimHorseySim Posts: 2 New Member
    Grocery stores?
  • uzumouzumo Posts: 1,836 Member
    a work from home job like customer service representative, the sim answers phone calls
  • ygmulugygmulug Posts: 7 New Member
    Seasons, pets,toddlers and supernaturals! it's all we need!
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Phobia system: ( I'll make a seperate thread talking about more in depth and the list of phobias). Basically, like traits, you can choose in cas one biggest fear that will be assigned to the sim. When in live mode, if a sim's fear of something encounters him/her, that sim will experience the sim of being afraid of it (such as running away from the scene, or if there's no escape for them they will be paralyzed subcousiously). The Only way for them to get rid of fear (which will exchange into a new one) is by facing them until its defeat (haven't really thought of fightning-a-fear work. Maybe by bringing your sim to it more often then not in order for them to defeat it?). With that added to the game, a new death could be implanted as well along with it - death by fright.

Breaking the fourth-wall: Haven't played sims 4 for more then I day, so I'm uncertain this exist. In TS2, playable will sometimes look at the camera, aka. the player, either with a smile or hesitative face. I want the same or a similar kind of thing done to the TS4.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
    Forgot to mention one last thing: breaking the forth wall will have a toggle option in the settings menu
    NNpYlHF.jpg
    lukas11xxf wrote: »
    Phobia system: ( I'll make a seperate thread talking about more in depth and the list of phobias). Basically, like traits, you can choose in cas one biggest fear that will be assigned to the sim. When in live mode, if a sim's fear of something encounters him/her, that sim will experience the sim of being afraid of it (such as running away from the scene, or if there's no escape for them they will be paralyzed subcousiously). The Only way for them to get rid of fear (which will exchange into a new one) is by facing them until its defeat (haven't really thought of fightning-a-fear work. Maybe by bringing your sim to it more often then not in order for them to defeat it?). With that added to the game, a new death could be implanted as well along with it - death by fright.

Seems interesting. "Doesn't like children" is a bit like that, isn't it? It sure would be interesting, if they would put actual Phobias into the Gameplay.

XMachiaX wrote: »

Seems interesting. "Doesn't like children" is a bit like that, isn't it? It sure would be interesting, if they would put actual Phobias into the Gameplay.

Why thank you. It would really bring something into the game imo. Doesn't like children sounds like a silly but funny fear in the game, such as the one's we have called irl "the fear of long words" or "the fear of sleeping", ...falling in love and ect.

The Fear in CAS would be randomly assiged, either by itself or things such as how setting different personalities would result a certain unchangeable zodiac sign in TS2.

The Phobia system would come in a patch or to the ep pre-release patch.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Ksimmer1217Ksimmer1217 Posts: 19 Member
    I believe I already posted in here and what I want to suggest is probably already been said but!
    1. Making all careers like get to work, also add veterinarian, own a pet store, military, massage/spa day careers, reporter, nanny,etc
    2. Have toddlers
    3. PETS I loved the sims 3 pets
    4. Seasons would be nice.
    5. Have a town setting where you can walk around.
    6. Adjust the length of pregnancy like a slider, some people want shorter some people want longer
    7. More baby interaction like bathing, being able to walk around with them, take them on a stroll
    8. More plant variety for gardening.
    9. Option for home-school, no school, teens going straight to work
    10. Be able to go to school with your teen/child.
    11. When you get pregnant be able to workout, and change body
    12. Be able to adjust body after you have created household
    Longer and individual changeable lifespan!

From birth to death the Sims only life about plus/minus 270 days. That's really short, I think. Especially if you play multiple households >.<
  • Fox CunningFox Cunning Posts: 15 Member
    To me it would be as simple as having a proper "town view" rather than the 2-dimensional, inconsistent (actual position of the buildings doesn't match!) map we have now :(
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Open world sans loading screens would be nice. Less inventory management, too . Pulling food items to/from the fridges is still clunky and teeth-grittingly annoying. Each sim's inventory is clunky. Household inventory is still clunky.

Also, somebody has not doubt mentioned this, but I really liked the hidden traits in ts3... firestarter? and the other ones. It seemed like this could've been expounded upon even further and be a self-exploratory mystery that you help your sim unlock. Maybe have the trait bestowed upon the sim through some sort of random event or randomly found object.
  • LaynielouxuLaynielouxu Posts: 443 Member
    I believe I already posted in here and what I want to suggest is probably already been said but!
    1. Making all careers like get to work, also add veterinarian, own a pet store, military, massage/spa day careers, reporter, nanny,etc
    2. Have toddlers
    3. PETS I loved the sims 3 pets
    4. Seasons would be nice.
    5. Have a town setting where you can walk around.
    6. Adjust the length of pregnancy like a slider, some people want shorter some people want longer
    7. More baby interaction like bathing, being able to walk around with them, take them on a stroll
    8. More plant variety for gardening.
    9. Option for home-school, no school, teens going straight to work
    10. Be able to go to school with your teen/child.
    11. When you get pregnant be able to workout, and change body
    12. Be able to adjust body after you have created household

I actually love the Vet idea!!! I would play that all day and I don't like the sims 4 :D I loved all of the careers ideas to be fair, it would bring so much more to the game.

Have fully open and bigger neighbourhoods, toddlers, supernatural characters to choose to play, babies not objects, pets, weather, something like in the world adventures ep, go to school (I know there is a mod but i'm not smart enough to use those) graveyard. I have always loved the sims since the sims 1, I have bought every one of the games and eps sps all along until the sims 4. I am not asking for a lot I really would be happy for just an open neighbourhood and toddlers, but all of the above would make me ecstatic!!!

None of my post was to offend anyone who likes the sims 4, if you love it I am so happy for you <3

Huge hugs to you all and have an awesome day XxxxxxX <3<3<3 XxxxxxX
    Allowing to place food/drinks on any table that is clicked on (new interaction on thse surfaces) while it is on the sim's hand.

Functional curtains that closed after night/evening comes.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • LaynielouxuLaynielouxu Posts: 443 Member
    Allowing to place food/drinks on any table that is clicked on (new interaction on thse surfaces) while it is on the sim's hand.

Functional curtains that closed after night/evening comes.

The curtains is a nice idea
    Something else that would be a huge help to the machinima community would, again, be simple options like we had in TS3 "walk here" and "run here". As it is, if a Sim has to go more than a few steps they automatically run/jog. Having the option of how sims go from point A to point B would be awesome.

Something that I have heard a number of people complain about is the lack of camera tilt. Being able to turn the camera 90 degrees to take long pictures is hugely missed.
    Last thing, I promise, unless my game explodes.

I have noticed that turning off free will doesn't always work. Sims will, 99% of the time, move to the nearest chair to sit down to chat even when you have told them not to. Using the 'chat here' option moves the sim to where you want them, but less than 30 seconds later they are moving back over to said chair. Turning off free will should not mean 'turning off free will unless there is a chair nearby'.
    I know this is not based game related, but I have no where to post this (new here - not allowed to post threads yet I believe): there needs to be a recreation of a Get to Work-esque EP. With that, basically transform all the normal careers into proffesions. I might need to beat up myself for posting this in here.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • uzumouzumo Posts: 1,836 Member
    There should be one more athletic aspiration, besides bodybuilder.
    If we not gonna get cars in the basegame or in the whole series (hoping that will not happen), at least add a render in the map view where after selecting the location where I want my sim(s) to go, showing the taxi driving from their point A to point B in map view.

Adding to that, the ambent cars we see in the background are just.... regular, normal cars. I think there should be service/npc toos, such as taxis, school and regular buses, maid ect.

Now, I do have a suggestion for interactive cars, but that suggestion will be up for an EP (such as (non?-)cofirmed city e.pack.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    I would really love neighbourhoods to be open world (not the whole map) I would like to be able to send my kids over the play with the neighborhood kids without a loading screen and see my neighbors leave there house without it feeling like there on house arrest. Removing a few loading screens won't ruin the game performance heck I can play the sims 3 open world on a really bad laptop with a lot of expansions sure I have to wait for the game to load but it's better to have story progression and a happy alive community than isolation and loading screens all the time. Also if you remove the oading screens between houses them sims will progress as my game progresses.
  • ItzAntz7ItzAntz7 Posts: 7 New Member
    Ok heres my list, Toddlers, pets, supernatural (Zombie apocalypses, ghosts having a bigger spotlight, Werewolfs, witches, ect) Neighbourhoods (stay in a neighbourhood instead of a lot), more deaths, a scared emotion, a scared death, preteens or smaller teens, more careers, more ways to make money, more furniture, more premade rooms, body hair, more animations, more emotions, all emotions having 4 stages, seasons, more exploration.
    edited September 2016
    Allow the sims to sit on a sofa's corner like so:
    MTS_artrui-1595238-The-Sims-4-release-date.jpg

Post edited by DragonCat159 on
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • saskut0saskut0 Posts: 53 Member
    I have to say the lack of story progression and that there were no little note boxes to give our sims profile really shocked me when I went on to sims 4 for the first time. I figured that at least story progression would have been a basic requisite even without open worlds, vehicles, toddlers etc. Story progression made the world seem so much more alive, all the little kids popping up and people growing old, relationships blossoming etc. I miss that.