Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Lostie23 wrote: »
    I think a lot of people are forgetting that Sims 3 was just as bland, if not more bland, when it was just as old as the Sims 4 currently is. Yeah the Sims 4 is lacking in many areas that the Sims 3 had like toddlers, cars, create-a-style, etc., but it also has a lot that the Sims 3 didn't have like multitasking, gallery, emotions, etc. This is because it's a different game with completely different mechanics.

The Sims 3 was so empty when it came out. There was literally NOTHING to do beside watch tv, make babies, or send your sims to watch a movie or eat out in a rabbit hole. The Sims 3 never really came alive until Generations (you could argue Late Night is when it started to have a little bit of life) and that was THREE year after it was released and it hasn't even been a full two years yet since the Sims 4 came out. People were saying all the EXACT same things about Sims 3 when it was still a two-year-old as well as Sims 2. With time, I think Sims 4 is going to end up being even better than Sims 3 ever was.

I will admit though, I am a little partial to Sims 4 because I actually like not having an fully open world. I always thought it was too much in the Sims 3 and took away from what the core of it really is about which is the little every-day life activities and interactions. Truthfully, when I was playing Sims 3 I always missed the Sims 2 non-open world "doll houses" and would even go back and play it for that reason from time to time. So when I heard Sims 4 wasn't going to have an open world I was already kind of sold, but I understand some people have different playing styles and would rather have an open world. But trust me, give it some time and Sims 4 will have just as much content as Sims 3 does.

Maybe TS3 was bland for you upon release and even 2 years later, but it sure wasn't for me. I and many others could play for days and not be bored. I never ran out of things to do in the game and still feel that way.

Do you really think 4 is capable of having as much content (and by content I mean interactions too) as 3? Let me watch you ride your horse across the TS4 landscape then. Yeah, never happening, nor anything even close. I think the TS4 engine is maxed out as to what it can handle now.
  • Options
    HJF55555HJF55555 Posts: 16 New Member
    More Computers / Things to do on computers
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    @Stdlr9 I actually think that horses are possible in TS4. The pets EP would come with a country world with more open big public spaces that would enable us to ride horses there. It wouldn't be as great as TS3, but it is possible :)
  • Options
    the_tvfmthe_tvfm Posts: 1 New Member
    There are short people and tall people, so why not be able to customise a sim's height?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    1. Lack of family interactions- Reading bed stories, noogies, family kisses?
    2. No merry go round or swings. No jump roping...

FYI, your adult Sims can read to children - even multiple ones. The option is available to the adult on a children's book, when the book isn't in the bookcase still.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    kingboy133kingboy133 Posts: 4 New Member
    Something I'd love to see again is cars, even if the game isn't open world its really nice seeing an awesome car in your driveway really shows the progression of your sim.

Another thing I really love to see is pets again! having a pet in your family really made it that much better because every family needs a dog or cat or both!
  • Options
    CrocusCrocus Posts: 53 Member
    edited August 2016
    I feel like the most important thing that needs to be improved is the sims themselves. Ultimately the game is built around the sims, so if they don't feel real the whole game falls apart. Some things that could be done:
    -Improvements upon the emotion system so they're not happy 24/7 and actually react to what's going on. I hate having my sims be embarrased one moment and inspired the next just because they walked into a different room.
    -More impactful personality traits. I'd like for my loner sims to act shyer, my mean sims to act more rudely ect
    -New ways to customize their personalities. The sims 2 had turn offs and turn ons and the sims 3 had favorites, so adding something like that to the sims 4 would really help to make them feel more unique.

There's a lot that I love about this game but I feel like what I listed above is what this game really needs to make it great! Obviously there are other things like culling that also need to be addressed but other posters have tackled them better than I ever could. <3
    Post edited by Crocus on
  • Options
    Leo2009SSALeo2009SSA Posts: 150 Member
    edited August 2016
    BOOKS

1- It would be great if players could add a picture as a cover to their Sim created book.
    2- Books created by Sims should be available in the "buy book" option in any household.
    3- There should be a category named "adult" which would include erotic books (with explicit sexual content) and violence books (with cruelty and gore depiction). If a child or teen is caught by their parents reading such material, they would be scolded. Kids and teens with the "mean" trait would benefit from reading such books as it would be a mischievous action (reading something forbidden)

CAS

1- Players should be able to edit children body parts as well in CAS. Now we can only make kids skinnier or fatter (the whole body). We cannot adjust their legs thickness for instance.

2- Bikinis for little girls. All swimsuits for girls keep their bellies covered. Only teens and older have real bikinis now.

3- Arab turban, hijab, niqab, nightcap with pompom (similar to Santa's cap), nurse hat, long sleep shirt for men (it goes down to the ankles), trench coat, kimono, th0ngs (underwear and swimwear).

4- Height adjustment

5- An option to make each Sim Faithful or Unfaithful. If the player chooses 'Faithful' for a Sim, he/she won't autonomously engage in romantic interactions with other Sims but his/her significant other, neither accept those interactions from other Sims.

DANCE

It would be a great improvement if the players could pick a dance style for his/her Sim to perform (as we can do now for the music style our Sims can listen to)
    Options could be:
    1- Heavy metal style like headbangers.
    2- Pop rock style as we have now.
    3- Psychedelic style like hippies used to dance.
    4- Slow dance (with the naughty 'lower hands' option as we had in The Sims 2)
    5- Dirty dance (Styles like Twerk and Perreo) These dance styles would allow some features like: They would give more fun for teens, but usually parents who would catch their kids dancing like that would scold them and immediately dislike the other dancers.
    The exception would be parents with deviance aspirations, who would not mind their kids dancing like that, they would enjoy it, and immediately like the other dancers!

GAMEPLAY

1- The burglar should be back (the burglar alarm too!) And if the player's Sim has reached at least 5 points of fitness he should be able to catch the thief.

2- Mrs. Crumplebottom should also return to 'patrol' community lots. Her interactions with couples in love used to be funny. But for that to work in The Sims 4 we need better 'make out' animations (standing and sitting), like the ones in The Sims 2.

3- Children skills remain when they become teens. There is no sense in losing all their skills.

4- Bring back private schools and add a cost to them.

5- A mechanical automatic watering system would be beneficial to save time in the garden. It should be relatively expensive, so it wouldn't be available for all Sims from the beginning.

6- Toddlers should be added with an option to age them whenever the player wants it. So those who don't want their Sims to go through the toddler phase would be happy as well.

7- When hiring a service the ability to see the available workers so you can choose who you want to hire. When it is a continuous work like maid, the same maid should come every day.

8- Bring the fireman back when the Sim has a fire alarm and a fire happens.

9- Memories so Sims will remember their 'first kiss', 'first woohoo', 'who they woohooed with' etc.

10- A cemetery where to place the urns and tombstones.
    Post edited by Leo2009SSA on
  • Options
    NelcaRedNelcaRed Posts: 322 Member
    It is 2016, and you guys can't even do a online feature for the game? By Online I'm talking about your friends visiting your world and such.
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    More Family Interactions

Preteens

Toddlers

Better Teens

More family less partying

Stop culling family trees
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    KahZKahZ Posts: 48 Member
    I really want to see the turn offs and turn ons back into the game like @Crocus said above. I think that system would be such a improvment to the traits system. Since they widened open the possibilities on CAS for Sims transgenders and such, why I can't flag my Sim like his/her tastes? For instance: I want to create a sim that dislike other Sim from it body shape or hair color? Or even my Sim disliking people who work in a determined career.

I wish could see others families hanging out in public places and interacting with themselves like a properly family. I'm tired of seeing husbands hanging out without their wives or children or if they are together in the same room, why do they act like they are less than friends?
  • Options
    Leo2009SSALeo2009SSA Posts: 150 Member
    KahZ wrote: »
    I really want to see the turn offs and turn ons back into the game like @Crocus said above. I think that system would be such a improvment to the traits system. Since they widened open the possibilities on CAS for Sims transgenders and such, why I can't flag my Sim like his/her tastes? For instance: I want to create a sim that dislike other Sim from it body shape or hair color? Or even my Sim disliking people who work in a determined career.

I wish could see others families hanging out in public places and interacting with themselves like a properly family. I'm tired of seeing husbands hanging out without their wives or children or if they are together in the same room, why do they act like they are less than friends?

I totally agree with you!
    I found it the most strange thing, when inside my Sim's retail store the wife of Sim-A started to fight with a guy, and Sim-A remained there watching the fight as if two strangers were fighting! It would have been grounds for a divorce!
    They should acknowledge their bonds and act properly in any situation.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Some things, like cars, are a million times aesthetic.

But Burgulars would totally be cool. And if everybody in your house is out, you might come home to find you've been burgled.

It should also be tougher to make a Sim 'Happy". It's not the default but it's very easy.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Serenity1991Serenity1991 Posts: 38 Member
    The option to customize painted picture frames into a gold trim or silver, ect would be nice too. Just a small detail, but always bugs me not having that option. Lol
  • Options
    goldenOreogoldenOreo Posts: 2 New Member
    A notification when a sim knocks on your door. The knock is very quiet if your camera isn't panned near it,and I catch the visiting sim when they're walking away,I'm like "Nooo come back,I'm here."
  • Options
    vergil7vergil7 Posts: 106 Member
    edited August 2016
    Life simulation is not a time management game.

I want sims to smart enough to do everything in their life. The player just 'play god/ give decision making'

example:

1. Lucy is your character. she decide to go on culinary education. But you dont like it, instead, you make her choose medical education to become a doctor.

2. Lucy love Brian. But you dislike him. You make them break up. You make Lucy find another man.

Sims is smart enough to do basic things in life and have their own decision in life, its up to you to follow or order them to choose another things.

Not like the sims series where the character wont sleep unless u order them to sleep at night. Sims should be smart enough to sleep, eat, bath, social and make a critical life changing decision. You just 'play god'

And i want cars. No teleport
    Post edited by vergil7 on
  • Options
    isaiah_cornuttisaiah_cornutt Posts: 4 New Member
    It would be awesome to see the toddler age in Sims 4. I used to play Sims 3 and would love playing with toddlers and teaching them how to talk or walk but now it feels empty without that in the Sims 4. Would love to see that again!
  • Options
    isaiah_cornuttisaiah_cornutt Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm so ready for a Pets expansion pack to come out. I miss having dogs and cats in my house. It feels so empty without them :'(
  • Options
    KahZKahZ Posts: 48 Member
    I want to add this:

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Chemistry

I think it's the most necessary stuff to fix the lack of personality and smartness of our sims. I was hoping it to be brought with Get Together, but it didn't happen anyway. Still wishing to see it in whatever expansion pack released in the future. I want to believe in it!
  • Options
    thehippiethehippie Posts: 9 New Member
    I would love aspiration to a web sensation or a child star.
  • Options
    Zany102Zany102 Posts: 72 Member
    Baby interactions. Toddlers. I know not all people like toddlers, so what if we had an option to turn off life stages? Baby interactions wouldn't necessarily fix the game but it would improve it. They're boring. They're objects. TS2 and TS3 had much better interactions. TS2 had the changing table, handing a baby from sim to sim, and the ability to bath babies and toddlers. TS3 had better pregnancy interactions.

Randomize traits.

Bring back the design tool.

NPC's. Part of the fun of TS2 was the NPC's, like Crumplebottom.

Random events. I have to force people to die in TS4, which isn't my favorite thing. Nothing ever goes wrong. I want a little excitement. There were so many good ways (I guess?) to die in TS2, specifically.

I have fun with TS4, but it makes me miss TS2 a lot. I still play both but I'd like some of the elements of TS2 with the emotions and building complexity of TS4. I think there needs to be acknowledgement of what made this series popular. What was addicting about the previous games? TS4 is a more complex emotionally, but what causes emotions? I had an insane sim who did nothing spontaneous. I've had husbands walk in on their cheating wives, and do nothing. It's boring. What's the use of emotions if sims aren't going to use them?
    Audio. I had a sim die and didn't even notice with everything else going on. Remember the falling in love or death noise associated with (at least, to my memory) TS1 and TS2.

Original ideas. I don't want the same expansions, in fact some things should be included at release, like maybe pets and seasons which get added to every game anyway. I feel nickel-and-dimed. All we're doing is paying for the hopes that the expansion packs will make it better. Give us something original to keep us on our toes. Advance game play, not let it lay stagnant.
  • Options
    Zany102Zany102 Posts: 72 Member
    Also the smustle. Always the smustle.
  • Options
    K1234554321K1234554321 Posts: 95 Member
    We need some story progression. So that unplayed sims can make their own choices by getting married or having kids or possibly cheating on other sims. Add some sim drama in it bring them alive (Lol)
  • Options
    Pancakes5680Pancakes5680 Posts: 4 New Member
    STORY PROGRESSION!
  • Options
    NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    STORY PROGRESSION!

I second that! Gurus please put in Story Progression into the Sims 4.
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10