Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• Options
    AnneeMcHughesAnneeMcHughes Posts: 19 Member

I don't know about all the venues mentioned, although they would definitely be cool. No loading screens between local properties would be the best update ever. I totally agree about needing more styles/colors of everything. Others have suggested color wheels which I think would be fabulous. I hate using cc to get nicer furniture, appliances, hair, facial features, etc. There are so many great designers out there creating amazing designs for every aspect of the game. But I worry about having so much cc in my game possibly causing problems. Why can't the game designers be more creative? I'm not criticizing them - they are a talented bunch, I'm sure. There must be a good reason for the limits in design and colors. But we can dream...
    I would like to have working laundry appliances , massage stores , nail salons , no loading screens when walking to your neighbors and to your community pool . In the C.A.S. room I would like more options for hair, clothes and make-up . new wallpaper , floor colors
  • Options
    RubesNTess wrote: »
    Gardening- OMG please fix this- everyday this drives me nutty :# .
    My sims are at level 10 and have the green thumb trait :) .
    *Speed up with whole process of spraying for bugs, weeding and watering.
    *Add in an automatic watering device such as a sprinkler that Sims can use (turn on and off)- Gardener can then focus on weeding and spraying for bugs.
    *Add in some more fruits and veggies- which then leads to more recipes to cook (so we don't have to run mods).

New stuff/ ideas/ things to add:
    *Auto put a roof onto the buildings
    *Add in an automatic watering device such as a sprinkler that Sims can use- Gardener can then focus on weeding and spraying for bugs.
    *Add in some more fruits and veggies- which then leads to more recipes to cook (so we don't have to run mods).
    *Babies go to Daycare or an get a Nanny. (something someone else suggested)
    *Zodiac signs (something someone else suggested)
    *Pets (something someone else suggested) - Cats, Dogs and Birds - already have fish, so maybe expand on that with a bigger tank etc.
    *Romance stuff- more of it. Like romantic dancing, reading a poem etc.
    *Going to the movies- teens can go there too without parents to be social. Also romance can happen there.
    *New rugs/ mats- boring content right now.

Fixes:
    *The speed issue and sims getting stuck- when you press time to go fast and nothing happens, but yet the Sim then runs late for work/school.
    *The amount of time it takes to eat/ get out of the house.
    *Stealing of tea and coffee machines.

It seems like everything in this game takes too long to me. Eating? Who takes 2 hours to eat a bowl of cereal? Your sims get up, start to eat, and suddenly it's time for work. It takes me fifteen minutes or less to eat breakfast. Sims cook faster than they eat!

I've hired a gardener in-game several times and have yet to see one show up. What's up with that?

I can't agree with auto roofing - unless it's an option, not a mandate. However, we do need a ton more roofing types to choose from. What's the point in having the ability to create a rotunda if we can't put a proper roof over it? And it would also be a great improvement if the various roof types blended better. It's annoying to fill a gap with a different roof type and have it sticking out somewhere it shouldn't.

LOVE, love, love your idea about putting in sprinklers and drip systems.

Yea, they heard you and now you can hire a nanny! Way to go.

Pets a must. What town has no pets? That should have been the first add-on pack.

New rugs? New everything with more creativity. Most of what's standard in the game is either boring or doesn't make sense. The best bed available only comes in limited hideous colors with a fancy archaic headboard design. Great if that's the kind of venue one is building. But what if you want high-end modern beds with realistic trendy colors? Seriously, one of my biggest issue with this game is lack of color choices and the bizarre choices currently available. And the fact that it's almost impossible to coordinate anything with the insane range of colors.
  • Options
    This is a "fix" thread but most or all of the comments are regarding upgrades to the game. My suggestion is both an upgrade and a fix. Other games can be saved to the cloud but TS(4) can't. I have several saved TS4 games on my PC taking up a ton of space and I wonder if it's causing lag. It takes my game four minutes to load. I've done everything recommended (clearing caches, etc.) and still, since the most recent update a few days ago, the game takes ridiculously long to load. NO cc or mods. I would like to be able to save or backup my games to the cloud so they're not bogging down my computer. Even if I have to save-as to my own MS cloud space, that would be fine if EA doesn't want to clog up their servers with 15mb game files by millions of players. I have deleted a couple of my games because of this. I shouldn't have to do that. Please find an equitable solution. Thanks.
  • Options
    kevin56656kevin56656 Posts: 6 New Member
    I just need more active careers to be released atm... Like Performers ( singers musicians comedians blah blah, and also teachers and MORE government stuff like, mayors, military, etc. and fort GODS SAKE Supernatural expansion pack NEEDS to be added before halloween kk (I love playing as supernaturals, just love the idea of magic really, don't like aliens at all). Game gets boring easily as it is atm.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Make it so when you play on one household, the rest of your homes in the worlds are not going whacko and taking kids away and killing our sims off when we are not there, that just makes me so mad, that when I get back to one of My other homes, that My sim kids are taken away, or worse other sims dead, and I was not able to be there and stop it, When we are Not on the other lots, our sims should not be doing all kinds of stupid things, I want it like the other Sim games, when you leave the Lot everything is safe and the same when you return to it, not all messed up,that is what is needed to Fix the Sims 4, also the Babies need to stop being Born when I am not around, cause I am sick of having to get rid of them or change the names when they are older cause the game gave them a stupid name, that I do not want.
  • Options
    Lostie23Lostie23 Posts: 63 New Member
    I think a lot of people are forgetting that Sims 3 was just as bland, if not more bland, when it was just as old as the Sims 4 currently is. Yeah the Sims 4 is lacking in many areas that the Sims 3 had like toddlers, cars, create-a-style, etc., but it also has a lot that the Sims 3 didn't have like multitasking, gallery, emotions, etc. This is because it's a different game with completely different mechanics.

The Sims 3 was so empty when it came out. There was literally NOTHING to do beside watch tv, make babies, or send your sims to watch a movie or eat out in a rabbit hole. The Sims 3 never really came alive until Generations (you could argue Late Night is when it started to have a little bit of life) and that was THREE year after it was released and it hasn't even been a full two years yet since the Sims 4 came out. People were saying all the EXACT same things about Sims 3 when it was still a two-year-old as well as Sims 2. With time, I think Sims 4 is going to end up being even better than Sims 3 ever was.

I will admit though, I am a little partial to Sims 4 because I actually like not having an fully open world. I always thought it was too much in the Sims 3 and took away from what the core of it really is about which is the little every-day life activities and interactions. Truthfully, when I was playing Sims 3 I always missed the Sims 2 non-open world "doll houses" and would even go back and play it for that reason from time to time. So when I heard Sims 4 wasn't going to have an open world I was already kind of sold, but I understand some people have different playing styles and would rather have an open world. But trust me, give it some time and Sims 4 will have just as much content as Sims 3 does.
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    If toddlers aren't returning very soon at least un-glue the babies from the cribs plus more interactions with babies and parents to be ( Pregnant sims don't have much to do )
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    cullencrazycullencrazy Posts: 100 Member
    i'd love for the babies to at least have more interactions. like rocking chairs for babies to fall asleep. or let them lay on the floor so the kids can interact with them.
  • Options
    AudGirl9000AudGirl9000 Posts: 45 Member
    Here are some things that I think would be really nice to have (again or for the 1st time):

1) Opportunities: Like in TS3, beyond work and school
    2) Lock in CAS: I LOVED the lock in CAS in TS3-- lock it in to put a feature across the board, then unlock it to change just the 1 or 2 things on specific outfits; it was SUCH a huge time saver!
    3) 4th speed (TS3): Ultra speed until your current task is finished
    4) Honeymoons & Vacations: Yes, even though they were rabbit holes, I still really liked it when the parents would go off to vacation or run off to have a great honeymoon after a wedding <3
    5) Shopping Lots: I'm not sure how this would work with 'Get to Work', but having bookstores w/sales, clothing stores (where you actually have to spend money for clothes), grocery stores etc were great
    6) Open World for Shopping Areas: I don't think this one is possible, but perhaps having shopping/entertainment/restaurant lots that are all in the same area be open world, instead of having loading screens; same could go for neighborhoods
    2i796r4.jpg

SailorDrew on Youtube || Origin & Steam ID: SailorDrew || Recent Project: Save Money on Sims 4
  • Options
    AudGirl9000AudGirl9000 Posts: 45 Member
    Here are some things that I think would be really nice to have (again or for the 1st time):

1) Opportunities: Like in TS3, beyond work and school
    2) Lock in CAS: I LOVED the lock in CAS in TS3-- lock it in to put a feature across the board, then unlock it to change just the 1 or 2 things on specific outfits; it was SUCH a huge time saver!
    3) 4th speed (TS3): Ultra speed until your current task is finished
    4) Honeymoons & Vacations: Yes, even though they were rabbit holes, I still really liked it when the parents would go off to vacation or run off to have a great honeymoon after a wedding <3
    5) Shopping Lots: I'm not sure how this would work with 'Get to Work', but having bookstores w/sales, clothing stores (where you actually have to spend money for clothes), grocery stores etc were great
    6) Open World for Shopping Areas: I don't think this one is possible, but perhaps having shopping/entertainment/restaurant lots that are all in the same area be open world, instead of having loading screens; same could go for neighborhoods

Oh, and one more thing:
    7) A better 'dashboard' or UI: The current UI draws your attention to the bottom right hand of the screen too much-- sure it's minimalist, but it makes no sense to have a design that makes you look at one corner of your screen continually. The older style would have you click on a section and that section would expand to the bottom middle, a more natural position for where it was easier to take in everything at once
    2i796r4.jpg

SailorDrew on Youtube || Origin & Steam ID: SailorDrew || Recent Project: Save Money on Sims 4
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    MarmarSims wrote: »
    Less loading screens, so the players won't get lazy visiting neighbors. Some loading screens gets 1 minute to load.

A minute is a long loading screen for the game! You might want to check Sim inventories - they can really add to loading times.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    thesimsserbiathesimsserbia Posts: 510 Member
    uzumo wrote: »
    I want an option for the time to move a bit slower. It moves slower than turtle speed. It can be called snail speed. That way, there is more time for sims to do things. snail speed - turtle speed - llama speed - cheetah speed

i use mod for that and its greate!!
  • Options
    thesimsserbiathesimsserbia Posts: 510 Member
    I would definitely welcome the story progression so I (and many others) wouldn't need to use mods. And it would be great if there were no loading screens when visiting your neighbours. I understand the neighbourhoods but loading every house can get pretty annoying. :(

bravo
  • Options
    MsPuffMsPuff Posts: 32 Member
    I agree, I don't mind the lack of an open world, but it would be nice to at least have open neighborhoods, and it seems like that would have been a decent compromise. Also, not being able to edit the neighborhoods at all is very frustrating.

The main thing I miss from open worlds, though, is that you could easily control different sims in different locations by queuing up actions and checking on them every now and then. Now, though, it doesn't matter what you tell them to do before you leave, when you come back they will not have finished it, or gotten skill, which means that time for them was just wasted. Also, if they were asleep when you left and you get back at 3am they will just be up doing random things when they should still be in bed, and now their sleep schedule will be all off and it's very immersion breaking. You just can't have one sim at home working on skills or cleaning the house while another goes out, you can't even leave one sim at home sleeping while another goes out, and it's really limiting.
  • Options
    BattleINKBattleINK Posts: 17 Member
    Having more than 1 venue per lot would be a nice thing to add and would allow more creativity. You could assign venue by room or building. So for example, having a restaurant and store on the same lot.
  • Options
    opiodopiod Posts: 4 New Member
    get rid of the bro trait
  • Options
    allikatt101allikatt101 Posts: 8 New Member
    Toddler, that is a given.
    Online dating so our sims can meet spouses easier. TS2 having the matchmaker with turns on and turns off was awesome.
    Wedding gifts/inheritance, I feel like it made more realistic. Now is TS4 your sims mother/father can die and you have no idea.
    I would love to bring farms back into play. Larger lots and your sims ability to raise farm animals and farm.
    Pre-teen stage would be awesome.
    I think the bills should be made more realistic. Such as electric bill, heating bill, mortgage etc.
    Teacher/military/political/part-time jobs.
    Private school options.
    Make homework more valuable. If my child sim does not do their homework it does not really matter. Whereas before the children could be kicked out school or start at lower levels in their career.
    The Pleasant Family/Broke Family I miss the storylines that we used to get. They are still present but not at mysterious or interesting.
  • Options
    mInIbReeZeRmInIbReeZeR Posts: 7 New Member

Hi.
    I miss that one can not choose the color of furniture etc.
    Example the bed , if I want white bed frame with pink bedding and then create matching dresser .
    More color and pattern choices on the wallpaper , flooring and bedding etc etc.
    How many lack this feature and want it to be fixed in an update ?
  • Options
    crashdodgerscrashdodgers Posts: 61 Member
    After reading a lot of the post on here I find it almost impossible to comment put here go's for some of the things I would like add and changed to the game.

But before I start list them, I just wont to point out two things, 1) I love Sims and have been playing since Sims 1, but do fill very rip-off by EA over Sims 4, 2) I think the only way to change this game would be to take it right back to basic and recode it, so all further pack's are compatible with the game and thus doing away with this constant need to patch the game for a new pack and up-grade to fix things that the patch has broken and then a patch to fix things that the last patch broken and so on and on.

Right now for the list.

All the career objects should be usable at home by all Sims and not just décor or only usable by cartain career Sims well working in that career, i.e. the Science career for one.

More playable careers bring back ghost hunting, fire fighting and any other that people want from preserve visions, i.e. Sims 2 & 3.

Combine the Chef career with the dine out EP and let us use family to work on the lots.

Bring back the open world, (but be warned that for this to happen would lose the fast start up and go back to load times like in Sims 3, even though I miss being able to go any were around the world and would love to have that ability back I think it would be unlikely unless they recode the game first.

Give use back the ability to customise things just like in Sims 3, not this out of date Sims 1 & 2ustomisation that we have a present
    Give use more interesting things to do with in the game i.e. like in Sims 3 with the Marshall arts where we were able to spare with other family members and enter competitions, we currently have the ability to box, so why not have a boxing ring object in the fitness equipment menu and safety gear in cas, then enable use to build a boxing gym were we can train and hold fights and a boxing trainer career path as well or change the Athletic career to enable use to become a boxing trainer.

And on the subject of careers, give more things to make and use on the career crafting machains and bring over from the previse Sims objects that we can use, i.e. from Sims 2, the podium, the pharmaceutical machine and from 2 & 3 the ability to repair, paint and drive vehicles.
    Give us back a world editor like in Sims 3, as well as more diverse worlds with more empty lots and a few more of the large 50x50 and 64x64 lots.

Also how about something like the Sims 3 world of adventure EP or something simerly to it, bigger and more of a challenge, I do miss tomb raiding and building.

This is but a small list of things I would like as it would take me a mouth of Sundays to complete a full list and even then do not think I could finish it completely as there is so much, much much more that could and should be done to make Sims even better then before, because as far as I am censored we have been total rip-off over for and we continue to be rip-off with all the EP and Sp's that have been realest to date with personal some of them being a complete waste of time and money and I we Not be buying them my self.
  • Options
    uzumouzumo Posts: 1,836 Member
    I wish that sims can rant on the Internet when they're angry.
  • Options
    EbonyChavisEbonyChavis Posts: 8 New Member
    There are a lot of suggestions that I seen that pretty much covers what we need to see in the sims 4.
    1. We need more ethnic hairstyles!!!! I know that last stuff had dreads but we need more.
    2. We need toddlers. IDC! I just can't get over the fact that a sim will jump from an infant to a child.
    3. More interactions with the infant.
    4. A pre-teen life stage as well!
    5. Opportunities like in the Sims 3! I agree that they need to do something besides work & school!
    6. More interactive careers like the sims 3 (daycare workers, firefighter, etc...)
    7. I also agree we need the honeymoon & vacation options back!
  • Options
    CrocusCrocus Posts: 53 Member
    edited July 2016
    I don't know why people are suggesting open world when it's literally not possible... the game would've had to be built around open world to begin with which it wasn't. I actually like the non open world-ness of the sims 4 so I might be a bit partial to it but c'mon guys.

Besides the obvious toddlers, more npcs ect I'd like sims to act more negatively towards sims they have bad relationships with. Maybe it's just me but I don't want all of my sims to be super chummy with each other. I want drama! I mean I don't want everyone in my game to be constantly brawling or anything but a bit more excitement would be nice.
  • Options
    Serenity1991Serenity1991 Posts: 38 Member
    Many of these may have been posted already, but they are what I hope they add the most!

◦ Cars, Driveways, Garage doors

◦ Movie theatres, Spas, Grocery stores, Graveyards
    ◦ Police Station, Military Base, Firestation
    ◦ Ability to place urns/gravestones at graveyard
    ◦ Burglars, Police Sims to get Burglars, Newspaper deliverer (Remember Nancy the paper girl?) : ) Gardener to water all plants, not just plots
    ◦ More color options for buy mode items
    ◦ Dishwashers
    ◦ Newspapers
    ◦ Toddlers
    ◦ Careers: Singers/Musicians, Military, Police officers, Firefighters
    ◦ As a Sims 1 Superstar fan, a place to perform for musicians, singers, comedians

*Seasons expansion! But that's just when or if they add it : )
  • Options
    BrattonMattonBrattonMatton Posts: 896 Member
    bring them back please :(

EkRroOz.jpg

Oh I forgot about that....
  • Options
    BrattonMattonBrattonMatton Posts: 896 Member
    1. Lack of family interactions- Reading bed stories, noogies, family kisses?
    2. No merry go round or swings. No jump roping...