Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I love TS4 CAS in general, but it'd be great if the camera in that mode would be a little improved, so we could zoom in easily also on lower parts of a Sim.
  • Options
    CharlieOllie1108CharlieOllie1108 Posts: 577 Member
    I'm sure this is buried somewhere in this thread but I'd like the pets to be separate from the household, if that makes sense. I'm not fond of having to choose between having adorable kittens and/or puppies running around or building my sims' families with their own children. I don't seem to remember having that "problem" before. In one of my families, I sadly had to wait for my pets to pass on in order for my sims to have children because the household was full.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2018
    I'm sure this is buried somewhere in this thread but I'd like the pets to be separate from the household, if that makes sense. I'm not fond of having to choose between having adorable kittens and/or puppies running around or building my sims' families with their own children. I don't seem to remember having that "problem" before. In one of my families, I sadly had to wait for my pets to pass on in order for my sims to have children because the household was full.

Nope it has always been an issue - only in the other Sims games if you had pets in the family you could have up to 6 Sims and 4 pets, So they allowed 2 more pets but if you did not have any pets you could just have 8 sims. There were mod where you could change things though. I don't use mods so not sure what they were or if there is any in Sims 4.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    PixelDude64PixelDude64 Posts: 6 New Member
    I rarely use the terrain tool but it still useful, if you are trying to make a house and not want to spend time flatting terrain for the lot I will understand but come on EA at least has terrain tool for super creative people
  • Options
    freekazoid101freekazoid101 Posts: 3 New Member
    I am sure someone has mentioned these before, but here's my list:

1) Built-in challenges.
    --So, similar to in Zoo Tycoon where you can freeplay or accept a challenge. You get a family. You can customize SOME parts of it, but that's your starter and you have a starter house. Then, if you choose legacy challenge for example, you get notifications when you achieve points (painting a portrait at the right level, mastering a skill, etc). It would make the challenges way more interactive and give those players who want a built in challenge (like me) an outlet. But it won't destroy the option to have freeplay, which is obviously what the Sims is about.

2) Body hair in CAS

3) Spiral Staircase

4) More customizable options in build mode and CAS mode (like TS3)

5) Skill based careers, like Bakers, Farmers, etc

6) SEASONS

7) An enriched travel experience, like TS3. I LOVED the island add on, where you could be on a boat, scuba dive, discover new land, etc. I "think" there's some areas built into the game that they can add this onto. I just really want the ability to explore the water.
  • Options
    Corneja_KirstenCorneja_Kirsten Posts: 1 New Member
    Now every bed has an indicator of vivacity. This leads to the fact that we use the same beds in the game with good performance. In any case, I do not use most of the beds ever. I think it would be better if you sold a bed separately and a mattress separately. And let the mattress have a measure of coarse, and the bed only affects the appearance.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    1: More pets
    2: More for our sims to do
    3: Different lifestyle choices
    4: The ability to buy houses and resell them or rent them out.
    5: Bigger things for our sims to buy; Boats, cars and Vacation homes ect.
    6: More crafting and living off the land ideas
    7: An inheritance system
    8: More worlds
    9: More risks
    10: Pet family tree and better sim family tree.
    11: More life states/ superheros
    12: Farming
    13:A dating site/ romance pack
  • Options
    NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    1: More pets
    2: More for our sims to do
    3: Different lifestyle choices
    4: The ability to buy houses and resell them or rent them out.
    5: Bigger things for our sims to buy; Boats, cars and Vacation homes ect.
    6: More crafting and living off the land ideas
    7: An inheritance system
    8: More worlds
    9: More risks
    10: Pet family tree and better sim family tree.
    11: More life states/ superheros
    12: Farming
    13:A dating site/ romance pack

These are some really awesome ideas! I hope the staff take your ideas in consideration for future updates and game packs.
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10
  • Options
    BeginnerWrathBeginnerWrath Posts: 1 New Member
    It's probably in this thread already due to it greatly helping storytellers, but a way to freely organize the screenshots in the screenshot manager would be nice to have.
  • Options
    highbythestevehighbythesteve Posts: 1 New Member
    Here's my list :
    1. Body Hair in CAS (I'm pretty sure someone had mention it earlier)
    2. More traits for the base game (more traits, more stories I guess)
    3. More careers option for the base game
    4. Spiral-stairs (again, I'm pretty sure someone had mention it earlier)
    5. More make-up options for female sims
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,431 Member
    Online dating is something I really miss from TS3. Our sims can do so much things online now and I would like my sim after having many failed romances to be able to try online dating. A simguru on twitter said it’s possible to do the attraction system and it could possibly be used with online dating. Much like with clubs where to be invited in some you need a specific skill level, our sims could put what they would like a possible love interest to have. Unlike clubs however where you can put about 5 requirements, maybe 2-3 which are optional could be fine.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited June 2018
    There are so many great ideas in this thread already. :) Mainly, I would like to see the Sims themselves given more inherent emotional range and variation of personality. However, the game could also use more activities/careers as well. My preferences would be:

Build/Buy mode:
    - Apartment doors, so that players can build their own apartments.
    - Multi-family mail boxes
    - Hedges and fences that have spots for neighbors to lean over and speak to each other. Also, the possibility of asking a neighbor to pass over an ingredient that is needed for a dish. "Can I borrow a cup of sugar?"
    - Worlds with adjoining lots, separated by above (since outside areas of lots are already open)
    - The ability to build walls/fence right along the property (lot) perimeter
    - Lounge chairs
    - Sectional sofas
    - Functional bench seating for dining tables (like a picnic bench seat, only it could snap to any table and be a two- or three-seater) It would allow for a combination of a bench and regular chairs at the same table.
    - Squishy bean bag chairs that hiss when someone drops down in them. Sims have a percent chance of accidentally rolling off or getting stuck (depending on fitness/wellness skill and age). Pregnant Sims may need to call for help to get up. :D
    - More types of one-tile bar sets (cabinets that open up, serving carts with bottles on top, etc.)
    - Backless shower/tub combos (these are waaaay overdue :) )
    - Showers with no enclosure at all
    - More luxury/jaccuzzi bathtubs
    - In-ground hot tubs
    - Porch swings/gliders
    - Rocking chairs
    - Pool floats
    - Sixties and Seventies style lawn chairs/loungers
    - More pergolas and gazebo cover type objects. The one that came with JA was quite nice!
    - Urinals
    - Toilet stalls
    - Porto potties
    - Wet baths, like in a motor home (one-tile shower/sink/toilet object in TS3)
    - under counter fridge (could return with a Uni pack)
    - under counter washer/dryer

Kids and Teen Stuff:
    - Volleyball, beach and pool variations (adults can use this, too, but mainly as a teen attraction)
    - Hockey, ice and field variations (again, same as above -- adults may use, but mainly attractive to kids/teens)
    - Tetherball
    - Catch, footballs, frisbies, and baseballs
    - Jump rope, individual and double dutch as a group
    - Hopscotch
    - Sitting on the floor to eat, watch television, or play video games (mostly for children/teens, adult would depend on traits)
    - Younger siblings beg to tag along and sometimes follow unexpectedly whenever a teen goes out.
    - Sneaking out after curfew
    - Slides
    - Tree houses
    - Blanket fort objects
    - Playful slap fights
    - Pillow fights
    - Thumb wars!
    - Tag
    - Miss Mary Mack
    - Cops and Robbers
    - Spin the bottle (teens)
    - Seven minutes in heaven (teens in the closets)
    - Strollers with activities on the tray to keep those little boo bears busy and safe on public lots
    - Play pens with activities to keep those little boo bears busy and safe on the home lot (wild and curious traits will escape. Angelic and Clingy babies will try to rat them out!)
    -Weekends at the grandparents/aunties/uncles (open play or rabbit hole to give the parents a break)
    - Ding, Dong, Ditch (loading screens wouldn't even be necessary. Just RUN!) Chance of neighbor coming to the house later to complain.
    - Prank phone calls
    - Dares (walk on hands, eat a worm, make armpit farts behind a grownups, etc.)
    - Static electricity on rugs. >:)
    - Lemonade stand
    - Bake sales
    - Cheerleading (with open or rabbit hole competitions, practicing together in the back yard)
    - Gymnastics classes (rabbit hole or open competitions)
    - Ballet classes (recitals)
    - Sandcastles/sand boxes
    - A prom event for teens that includes pre-event activities such as picking an outfit with friends/parent, haircuts and styling, manicures, buying flowers, etc.
    - "You're wearing my dress/shoes!" interaction. Depending on the trait, some Sims will be upset, other Sims will think that it's funny. "Twinsies!"
    - Learning to cook with mom/dad

Romance:
    - Blind dates (preferably set up by a friend or family member)
    - Online dating app
    - Romantic interactions in front of a fireplace (floor/sitting/standing)
    - Picnic baskets with a romantic option for strawberries and champagne (also proposals)
    - Public proposals in which bystanders will applaud and cheer the happy couple or tease/console a rejection (depending on traits -- evil and mean Sims won't care and will continue what they were doing, Romantic Sims will become flirty and have a whim to see their SO, if they have one).
    - Introduce to the parent(s)/family
    - Pick a Sim's engagement ring from CAS. Afterward, it will automatically appear on all outfits (can be removed by the player) After the wedding, it can be replaced by a band or a band added from a set. Matching rings for the Groom would be fabulous.
    - Announce engagement/show off the ring interactions, individual and as a couple
    - Lie down together on the couch/floor to watch television
    - Romantic version of gaze at the stars
    - Goose interaction
    - Romantic game of catch and kiss
    - Speed dating parties (a good way to match up prospective couples, all in one go, without needing story progression)
    - The ability to give a gift at any time -- chocolates, flowers, teddy bears, etc.
    - Love letters and birthday cards in the mail
    - Secret Admirer
    - Bathtubs capable of being used by two Sims -- candles and flower petals appear on the edge and around the tub when it is in use by two Sims. Lots of bubbles to hide the woohoo.

Teen-Elder activities:
    - Bingo with prizes. It could work similar to yoga class with a number caller object that is connected to special tables for the participants. A game be made up of one table or many!
    - Golf
    - Tennis (for anyone really, but I imagine wealthier adults or summer camp kids)
    - Spontaneous events around town -- chess tournaments, grilling contests, fishing contests (first to catch a particular fish or quantity of fish wins!)
    - Pet competitions, agility and best of breed (Best of size class, I guess. If there are not enough of the same breed around.)
    - Handshake introductions and greetings for acquaintances/neighbors
    - Life long nemesis
    - Sculpting or welding art (complete with goggles or full face mask)
    - Pottery wheel
    - Jewelry-making
    - Glass blowing crafts
    - Sewing
    - Knitting/crocheting
    - Nectar-making
    - Nectar-tasting
    - Nectar collecting (wine cellar object). A full-size wine fridge or under-counter wine fridge would make me so darn happy.
    - Wills/inheritance
    - Hair salon with salon chair, hair dryers, and washing stations (use of certain objects would depend on style picked) Lots of simultaneous chat and gossip. :D
    - Nail salon (matching mani-pedis, acrylics, etc.)

Miscellaneous:
    - Cars
    - Beach swimming
    - Snorkeling/scuba diving
    - Bass guitar
    - Electric guitar
    - Drum set!
    - Saxophone
    - Bands
    - Audiophile trait (loves high-end stereos, collects vinyl and posters, gets annoyed by cheap equipment.)
    - Personal Trainer career (rabbit hole with the eventual options to work at a specified gym or to train someone in the home/backyard)
    - Daycare career (someone to really take care of the toddlers in the different 'hoods).
    - Amusement park and circus venues
    - Water park items, including water slides and wave pools
    - A world with lots large enough to accommodate the above activities.

These are some of the things that would make TS4 come alive for me. If the activities were mostly trait-based, I would be over the moon! <3

Post edited by Cynna on
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    Online dating is something I really miss from TS3. Our sims can do so much things online now and I would like my sim after having many failed romances to be able to try online dating. A simguru on twitter said it’s possible to do the attraction system and it could possibly be used with online dating. Much like with clubs where to be invited in some you need a specific skill level, our sims could put what they would like a possible love interest to have. Unlike clubs however where you can put about 5 requirements, maybe 2-3 which are optional could be fine.

Do you have a link to the tweet. I would love the attraction system back together with turn on's and turn off's that would mnake dating in the sims 4 so much more fun
  • Options
    TahabataTahabata Posts: 82 Member
    1. The Tool of create a world: with everything editable, vegetation, climate, outdoor objects, lakes, fishing spots, landscape background, sky .. (if we want a starry sky, full of clouds or with auroras.) and everything that can be is added.

2. Vehicles, functional roads and Icecream car back! - Please, EA. (There are many other interesting functions around the vehicles on topic about cars in this forum, I wish they were better explored in this generation. I would love more active cops on the streets, be it applying fines or looking for suspicious activity.) >> Perhaps some pictures of "Project Urbz Reboot" can inspire.

3. Celebrities and Thieves, with active careers and much more possibilities. I expect a very rich gameplay around that to justify this suspense.

4. Wild animals (skunks, deers, penguins,rabbits...)

5. A little bit more open neighborhood. I really miss the open world, we need a richer gameplay in the neighborhood. No loading screens, larger neighborhoods, more lots, more outdoor activities, such as beaches, picnics, vehicles, active thieves, paparazzi, suspicious activities on the neighborhood, etc. The sims 4 has become much more boring due to its limitations.

6. More functional objects. We have a lot of decorative objects, but little to do with them. Only 1 or 2 functional objects to each collection of objects is too little! I do not think it's fair to have so little to do, with a relatively expensive game.

7. More traits. Personalities could be so much more interesting, now with the intense change of moods of the Sims. I do not understand why they put so few personality traits in the base game.
    Wish list:
    - Cars, motorcycles, bycicles. (Detailed animations)
    - Wild Animals (Interactive)
    - Thief and Celebrity (Better and more active!)
    - Bands
    - Farming or Medieval EP
    - Cyberpunk or Asian GP
    - Beach.
  • Options
    JinxiePie13JinxiePie13 Posts: 11 New Member
    This may just be me, but I'd like it if they add the roommate setup. Like on TS3 college university, where you can have roommates, but they aren't apart of your household. So that way, I don't have to worry about playing more than a number of sims, but still live with some lol
  • Options
    NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    This may just be me, but I'd like it if they add the roommate setup. Like on TS3 college university, where you can have roommates, but they aren't apart of your household. So that way, I don't have to worry about playing more than a number of sims, but still live with some lol

Oh my Gosh! I so miss that feature from Sims 3, I thought they would bring that over in City Living, but failed to do so, I really, really hope they actually bring the roommate setup back, along with some new features to it, like telling you what kind of jobs your roommates have and you can choose the roommate if they have a good job, and don't choose the ones who don't have jobs or have very lousy jobs, I vote Roommate setup be brought back into Sims 4.
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10
  • Options
    Masked_GamerMasked_Gamer Posts: 1 New Member
    We need a greater variety of pets. there are an increasing number of animal lovers every year, and animals like Snakes, Spiders, Ferrets, varieties of bugs, heck even Skunks are becoming more and more popular! It would be great to add things like witchcraft, less like in supernatural and more like tumblr you know? where they make spells and have jars of whatever to have a certain effect but don't necessarily think of themselves as being magical.
  • Options
    Ramen09Ramen09 Posts: 3 New Member
    Drumsets we need drumsets. We have keyboards but we dont have drumsets ? It should have been in the city living pack
  • Options
    SudaaSudaa Posts: 1 New Member
    We need a arrows added to the scroll bar!! It is super irritating when I constantly miss rows when scrolling. I personally use lots of cc so the rows get bigger and bigger and it's difficult for me to not skip rows over and over. We also really need the sims 3 view control in sims 4 so we can tilt better, aim straight, and more. I'd also personally like a more similar tool for placing walls and foundation to the sims 3 tools so I can make garages and such.
  • Options
    Jordyn78988Jordyn78988 Posts: 421 Member
    @Sudaa Do you mean the Game Camera? If so, you can change that to The Sims 3 Camera in settings. Click the three dots in the upper right-hand corner, then click "Game Options." From there, click "Game Camera" in the list on the left. Then, you can check the box that says "The Sims 3 Camera." Hope that helped!

Even though I've never played The Sims 3, I heard that The Sims 3 Camera mode was better. Now, I never use the other mode, and I don't understand how people do it! Lol
  • Options
    mchkicamchkica Posts: 8 New Member
    > @FusionFang7 said:

>
    > CAS
    >
    > * More trait slots
    > * Turn ons/offs
    > * Favorites and astrology sign
    > * Way to set relationship as Boy/Girlfirend or fiancee
    > * More variety of natural hair colors
    >
    > BUILD/BUY
    >
    > * Smaller Telescopes
    > * Vehicles (with animations)
    > * More color option (especially ones that match)
    > * Way to change colors of different parts of an object separately (i.e. bed frames and sheets)
    > * Way to upgrade beds/chairs/showers to the same stats
    > * Chests for storage of collectibles (fossils, slides, crystals, flowers...)
    > * Cooktops, Built-In-Microwave Ranges, Wall Ovens
    > * Spiral Stairs, stairs with adjustable landings
    > * Collections
    >
    > WORLD MAP
    >
    > * Way to split funds when merging/splitting households
    > * Way to manage townie jobs
    > * More venue types (grocery stores, movie theaters, restaurants, clothing stores, hospital, cemetery, arcade, coffee shops, town hall)
    > * Option to control culling of townies when limit is reached
    >
    > LIVE MODE
    >
    > * Memories (more automatic)
    > * Alert for multiple births (for better naming)
    > * Urns/Graves and ghosts for sims that die off-lot
    > * Better tuning for time-consuming multitasking (like eating and talking)
    > * NPC's generated for bartenders, maids, and mailmen. (explicitly shown in townie listing for editing)
    >
    > * Way to reorder actions that have already been queued
    > * Way to sort/filter and sell multiple inventory items at once
    > * Way to add tattoos outside of CAS

> OTHER
    >
    > * Fully adjustable lifespans
    > * Story Progression
    > * Create-a-world (if possible)

I vote for all of the above as they are very good ideas.
    I erased some of the suggestions from the quotation, it may not look like it. :)

Astrology sign is the tricky one. I think that astrology signs would only make sense if they are related to traits (so if you choose a sign, then a trait choice limits. I think it was like that in TS2, but in TS3 astrology sign didn't have any impact on personality).

I actually wanted to suggest adding SLOTS to inventory (like your suggestion: Chests for storage of collectibles) as it all clutters in my inventory, gets really annoying when I try to sell things or fertilize plants, and the other suggestion is storing MEMORIES... It would be really nice that sims have their memories sorted like in previous games (TS2 i think).

But all other quoted suggestions are good as well.
  • Options
    AzarealAzareal Posts: 6 New Member
    i think we need a brand new pack that's never been done before. I just got done watching the incredibles and now ive been DYING for a superhero game pack.

They could have a power panel, just like the one for the vampires.

Powers include:

- Flying
    - Mind reading
    - invisibility
    - Super speed
    - Super strength
    - x ray vision

Instead of a dark form, like vampires have, they could have a super identity or something where they dress up as a hero. There could also be an option to set a super hero name for them.

I also feel like your sim can choose to be a super hero or a super villain.

Powers could also include weaknesses, like someone with super strength always breaks the toilets, or someone with x ray vision keeps seeing other sims naked.
  • Options
    TahabataTahabata Posts: 82 Member
    Functional vehicles of various types. School bus, taxi, police car, bikes, motorcycles, cars. We're tired of watching our sims disappear!
    Give freedom to our sims!
    Wish list:
    - Cars, motorcycles, bycicles. (Detailed animations)
    - Wild Animals (Interactive)
    - Thief and Celebrity (Better and more active!)
    - Bands
    - Farming or Medieval EP
    - Cyberpunk or Asian GP
    - Beach.
  • Options
    fineangelfineangel Posts: 22 Member
    The only thing that's been bugging me in TS4 is the "bed glitch". I don't think it's restricted to a bed though, but not sure. It's so annoying when your Sim gets stuck standing up on the bed and you totally have to remove it and put it back in the bedroom. Sometimes, that doesn't even work.
  • Options
    WillKDavidWillKDavid Posts: 136 Member
    edited June 2018
    I wish they would fix it where, when you want your Sim to interact with another, the Sim will go directly to them instead of running a mile ahead.