Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How can I make my game run smoother/faster?

124...Next

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @KawaiiPerfectionist They are just showing it outside the case to show you which power supply it comes with. The power supply comes inside the computer.
  • TessaweyerTessaweyer Posts: 1 New Member
    milly001 wrote: »
    Okay so my game is getting laggy and slow. I know it is most likely partly due to my CPU which doesn't quite reach the requirements, so other than buying a new CPU which I can't afford right now, How can I make it run smoother and faster? I have already tried mooving my screenshots and recorded videos, lowering the settings as much as I can without the game looking horrible and I have removed all CC but the pregnancy scanner mod, one set of freckles and one blush.

Make sure all your drivers are up-to-date and that you don't have other, optional software running. Play offline. If that's still not enough, upload your Library contents to the Gallery (so you can get them in-game later) and delete the contents of the Tray folder. If that still doesn't help, try moving older Saves you aren't using out of the Saves folder; keep them somewhere else. And you might also find that cleaning up the game folder helps:
    1. Put your Saves, Tray and Mod folders and Option.ini file on your desktop.
    2. Delete the rest of the The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder.
    3. Start the game, exit the game, and put your moved items back.
    4. Delete the Scratch subfolder from inside Saves. Then start the game again.

Ok so I tried these. I moved the tray, mods, and saves folder on my desktop, started the game, quit the game, and now all of the families that existed on my world are GONE! What the heck! Gee thanks person for RUINING my game
  • Nearia35Nearia35 Posts: 522 Member
    Tessaweyer wrote: »
    Ok so I tried these. I moved the tray, mods, and saves folder on my desktop, started the game, quit the game, and now all of the families that existed on my world are GONE! What the heck! Gee thanks person for RUINING my game

Move those folders back into the game, and guess what'll happen? ;)
    Playing on an HP Z800: 2x 6-core Intel Xeon X5660s, 48GB RAM, 4GB nVidia GTX 970
    Alienware R4 17: i7 6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 8GB NVidia GTX 1070
  • ConstantinaConstantina Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, can somebody help me make my game run smoother? It's been laggy for a while now, I don't know if it's my computer or a problem within the game. Sometimes, it pauses for a few seconds before resuming and my loading screens take ages to load.
    Hi, can somebody help me make my game run smoother? It's been laggy for a while now, I don't know if it's my computer or a problem within the game. Sometimes, it pauses for a few seconds before resuming and my loading screens take ages to load.

Do you have CC or mods? If so have you tried pulling them? Some may not work with the new patches.

Can you post your computer specs please. Windows Key + R Key will open your run box in the bottom right hand corner of your computer. In the run box type DxDiag. Hit ok, let it load. Use the save option and save a copy to your desktop. It will now be a text file. You can cut and past the whole text file here in several sections in several posts. It wont fit in one post. You can also upload the DxDiag text file to http://pastebin.com/ and then post a link here if that is easier for you. Since your a new member you would have to put a brake in the link to post a link. Thank you
  • ConstantinaConstantina Posts: 2 New Member
    I don't have any mods or CC. The text file is really long,
    Yes it is long. You would need to copy and paste the report in several sections in several posts. The report is too long to fit in one post
  • simloversimlover Posts: 106 Member
    milly001 wrote: »
    Okay so my game is getting laggy and slow. I know it is most likely partly due to my CPU which doesn't quite reach the requirements, so other than buying a new CPU which I can't afford right now, How can I make it run smoother and faster? I have already tried mooving my screenshots and recorded videos, lowering the settings as much as I can without the game looking horrible and I have removed all CC but the pregnancy scanner mod, one set of freckles and one blush.

Make sure all your drivers are up-to-date and that you don't have other, optional software running. Play offline. If that's still not enough, upload your Library contents to the Gallery (so you can get them in-game later) and delete the contents of the Tray folder. If that still doesn't help, try moving older Saves you aren't using out of the Saves folder; keep them somewhere else. And you might also find that cleaning up the game folder helps:
    1. Put your Saves, Tray and Mod folders and Option.ini file on your desktop.
    2. Delete the rest of the The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder.
    3. Start the game, exit the game, and put your moved items back.
    4. Delete the Scratch subfolder from inside Saves. Then start the game again.

It would have been helpful if you told us that doing this would remove all of our custom content. I expect answers to get my CC folder back.

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Hello @simlover
    Copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "tray"and "mods" folders from your desktop to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop.
    Your mods/cc will then be back in your game.
  • free668888free668888 Posts: 3 New Member
    My one suggestion to everyone, while it may seem extreme, is to take all the contents of your tray folder (select all of them) and place them into a marked folder on your desktop. In my situation, the reality of taking all my creations and uploading them to the gallery was not very appealing because I have hundreds of items in my library. And while it may seem inconvenient, whenever I create a new game or need a specific created character, I just place all the contents back into my tray folder to access them again. So yes, I do agree this is more work, but overall it works best for me because of my excessive amount of saved tray items.
  • wandering_fiercewandering_fierce Posts: 6 New Member
    Hello, I just wanted to ask that Why I cant run the sims 4 on ultra graphics I mean it becomes laggy? How come I have i5 7th gen and 2 gig video card NVidia 920m and 6gigram? why I it runs slower? any answers? I updated my NVidia drivers already?.
    edited July 2017
    Hello, I just wanted to ask that Why I cant run the sims 4 on ultra graphics I mean it becomes laggy? How come I have i5 7th gen and 2 gig video card NVidia 920m and 6gigram? why I it runs slower? any answers? I updated my NVidia drivers already?.

a 920m card would be pared off with a dual core processor. Your laptop is low end and way under requirements to run the game effectively. Your laptop is designed for light computer tasks, not gaming 3d games like the sims. The games requirements are for a mid range gaming desktop not laptop . Laptop hardware is much weaker than desktop hardware. You would need a higher end gaming laptop to equal the games requirements on desktop. You can not upgrade video card and processor in a laptop. You are stuck with the specs you buy. If you want to play on ultra your going to have to purchase a computer that meets requirements unless you have another computer you can play on that meets requirements.

On your current laptop you can try playing in windows mode, check off laptop mode in the launcher, lower your in game resolution or game settings , play the 32 bit version of the game. Any or a combination of these suggestions should take some stress off your current laptop.

Play in windowed mode https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/playing-the-sims-4-in-windowed-mode/

How do I run the 32-bit version of The Sims 4?
    If you are on a 64-bit version of Windows and would like to run the 32-bit version of The Sims 4, do the following:

Right click on The Sims 4 tile in Origin.
    Select “Game Properties”
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”

• FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    edited July 2017
    free668888 wrote: »
    My one suggestion to everyone, while it may seem extreme, is to take all the contents of your tray folder (select all of them) and place them into a marked folder on your desktop. In my situation, the reality of taking all my creations and uploading them to the gallery was not very appealing because I have hundreds of items in my library. And while it may seem inconvenient, whenever I create a new game or need a specific created character, I just place all the contents back into my tray folder to access them again. So yes, I do agree this is more work, but overall it works best for me because of my excessive amount of saved tray items.

I do the same thing and it works very well for me.
    Same thing with some mods, because I don't need all of them to play every household. So I keep only what I need for the current household. Some mods are always in, but some not.
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Could it be that the custom content you cant see needs a mesh downloaded with it. Some hairs and fashions and skins need a mesh downloaded with them for them to show in CAS and work in the game.
    You have to read the creators comments to see if a mesh is needed they will tell you and tell you where to download the mesh.