Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MoveObjects cheat not working?

hello~
so yes I enabled the "testingcheats true" beforehand and then typed "bb.moveobjects" but it's not working. actually i don't think any cheats are working for me except the money cheats lol

p.s. i'm not really experienced at this game xD

Comments

• Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited December 2014
    Try entering " bb.moveobjects on" The *on* part might be essential.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I use the same cheat she's using without on and it works fine. For me the buydebug cheat isn't working but moveobjects is go figure.
  • hanna221hanna221 Posts: 12 New Member
    well i tried adding *on* and i was in no luck :(
  • AM35502AM35502 Posts: 105 Member
    That was actually happening to me when the patch was first released, but a quick restart did the trick. Did you try restarting yet?
  • MsKokoPuffsMsKokoPuffs Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm actually having the same issue. Does it only work if the house is occupied? Because I have used this specific cheat code numerous times during build mode while my sims are occupying the house, and it works perfectly fine. Now I'm currently building a house from scratch and there's no one living in it, and now it's not accepting the cheats.
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    CTRL-SHIFT-C for console and then bb.moveobjects should be all that's required to toggle the cheat on (and off). Should work whether you're in live or build mode and regardless of whether there are sims on the lot or not. Do you have any mods installed? Perhaps one is interfering. Another thing to try would be repairing the game.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    @AM35502 @MsKokoPuffs Yes, many times. :/
    @BryonyRae That's exactly what I did. And honestly, I don't even know how to install mods that well so that shouldn't be the issue. That's how unexperienced I am xD
    Then I would definitely try clearing your cache and repairing the game.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    @BryonyRae Hey that actually worked! Thanks so much :)
    Glad to hear it!
  • ashley-is-here97ashley-is-here97 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi I'm haveing some trouble I haven't used any cheats yet the only ones I used was the motherlode and testingcheats but when I was in bulid mode I was trying to put in the "bb.moveobjets and I even tried putting the "on' in as well I restated my game and computer but the thing is I got the game off a website Is that the problem for it not to be working right?? Plz help. :(
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Hi I'm haveing some trouble I haven't used any cheats yet the only ones I used was the motherlode and testingcheats but when I was in bulid mode I was trying to put in the "bb.moveobjets and I even tried putting the "on' in as well I restated my game and computer but the thing is I got the game off a website Is that the problem for it not to be working right?? Plz help. :(

Hello @ashley-is-here97
    The cheat is
    bb.moveobjects
    You are missing the c in the cheat. You may have either mistyped it into the cheat box or mistyped it in your post here?.
    Try typing in the cheat code again in your game and then test to see if it works.
  • ashley-is-here97ashley-is-here97 Posts: 2 New Member
    Sorry about the spelling and no I put it in right and made sure I looked at the cheat name and put it down carfuly and it's still not letting me :( I tryed everything... :( and thank u for ur help!!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    edited February 2016
    Sorry about the spelling and no I put it in right and made sure I looked at the cheat name and put it down carfuly and it's still not letting me :( I tryed everything... :( and thank u for ur help!!

Hello @ashley-is-here97
    I am sorry that you are having this issue.

Remove any mods/cc from your game and see if that helps.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.