Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

World Adventures Crash Issues

I've just recently started to encounter problems when phoning to travel to another destination and with the load up screen. It's worked in the past but doesn't, I would say, up till about a month ago.

My sims book a trip to say France then immediately run out of the house, both jump into the car then the world load-up screen appears. I takes a while for the progress bar to start, but then it will jump to say 10 to 15% then crash to the desktop screen.

It isn't just with France, it's with Egypt and China too.

I've reinstalled the main game and all the expansions and I still get the problem. I disabled all of the custom content, but again it crashes. Dropped all the graphics option to basic, again it crashes. I've even tried using that DEP trick to no avail. Only thing I haven't tried is that 4 GB thing.

It's frustrating because I can't use one of my expansion packs anymore, having previously used it.

1, Has anyone else experienced this problem.

2, How did you remedy it?

Thanks,

Compo.

Comments

• Compo-The-SmoggieCompo-The-Smoggie Posts: 8 New Member
    4 GB TS3W.exe fix isn't working either.
  • Compo-The-SmoggieCompo-The-Smoggie Posts: 8 New Member
    GREAT NEWS!

I don't know if it's because I've done all of the above and also deleted the TravelDB.package file from

C:\Users\(Username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves

but I've managed to get the destinations working again.
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    Often the TravelDB.package gets corrupted so that you can't travel. I suspect that removing that is what made it so that you can travel again.