Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Purple Lenses?

SylvSylv Posts: 885 Member
Hello fellow Simmers!
I'm here to report what might be a bug within the game. The reason why I'm not sure if it is or not, is because I've seen no one else mention it so maybe it's just me? I don't think so though, and here's why. For the past few months, anytime a Sim is wearing glasses their lenses appear purple. Not a clear purple tint or anything, but an opaque purple which does not allow me to see the Sim's eyes. It gets quite annoying especially since a good three quarters of my Sim's wear glasses. When I first got the game, I didn't have the purple lenses appear it was just clear lenses, but after the first update and since, they've appeared purple. Can this be checked?
tumblr_naeqm3rHmH1tca3q3o1_400.gif
Origin ID: SylvRo
Sims 4 Current Household: Generation 11

Post edited by Sylv on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2015
    [img][/img]PurpleLenses_zpsdfbc1fe1.png
    So no one else has this issue? Is it just something that I need to fix on my part then?

• Options
    InfoseekenInfoseeken Posts: 176 Member
    Not sure if it matters, but you posted your problem in a Sims 3 forum. You may have better luck posting it in the Sims 4 forum above.

Curious, however... Have you tried going into Create A Sim just to try different glasses while in live mode? See if that resolves your issue.
    Sorry I can't be of more help since I don't have Sims 4 (and won't get it until I'm convinced that it's worth it.)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello :) If it is CC eyes or glasses that you are using, it may be causing a problem? Perhaps if you clear the caches files it may help. The link that explains about what files to delete is
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
  • Options
    Thanks @Infoseeken I didn't know I had this in the Sims 3 forums, I'll change that, hopefully with better luck. And @rosemow no I don't use CC. I've tried using different glasses but with the same result.

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    This is a problem caused by laptop mode. You can turn laptop mode off and pick and choose other graphics settings to turn down instead.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    @luthienrising thanks! Fixed it.

• Options
    lauren5509lauren5509 Posts: 78 Member
    edited January 2015
    :( I can't turn off laptop mode or my game will run too slow and laggy.. Also my sister has laptop mode on and she dosen't have the issue...
  • Options
    lauren5509 wrote: »
    :( I can't turn off laptop mode or my game will run too slow and laggy.. Also my sister has laptop mode on and she dosen't have the issue...
    I turned it off then restarted my game, and I'm no longer have the issue. So I don't know what magic your sister did to have laptop mode on without this effect.