Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Imaginary Friend (Exclusive to INSANE Sim)

101Gamer101Gamer Posts: 131 Member
edited December 2014 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
IMAGINARY FRIEND/SIM (update to normal Sims 4 base game)
(Exclusive to Trait: INSANE)

OTHER SIMS CANNOT SEE INSANE SIM'S IMAGINARY FRIEND.

Create and recreate an Imaginary Friend of your own or;
Imaginary Friend ability to [Assume] traits and life of selected Sim (like Possess) and becomes an imaginary version of that Sim.
Follows Insane Sim everywhere unless 'at imaginary work' ..or something.
Insane Sim briefly become Sad without creating an Imaginary Friend.
Imaginary Friend become Tense, Sad or Angry if not Best Friends with Insane Sim.
They swing their Emotions to and from each other (which explains their unpredictable emotions)
Insane Sim and their Imaginary Friend can see and speak to other Insane Sim's Imaginary Friend.

Instance: Sim cannot see Insane Sim's Imaginary Friend. Sim sits in same seat as the Imaginary Friend. Insane Sim acts weird, asks Sim to sit somewhere else and explains why -- Everyone becomes disturbed and thinks Straightjacket.

.. love this idea though. so many hilarious moments await
The Sims 4 is about Emotions and reduced CPU power consumption. Right?
Also, complete agree with this.

Comments

• Quinn23Quinn23 Posts: 95 Member
    Love your take on the idea. Lots of fun. What if the IF can react and get emotional with non-insane sims. In the case above, if a sim takes the IF's seat, the IF may follow him around and play pranks on the sim like a ghost does: Turn on the radio when the sim is sleeping, move things around, eat the sim's food, or if really angry the IF may poke and push and even start a fight and the sim can't even see the IF.
  • 101Gamer101Gamer Posts: 131 Member
    edited December 2014
    > @Quinn23 said:
    > Love your take on the idea. Lots of fun. What if the IF can react and get emotional with non-insane sims. In the case above, if a sim takes the IF's seat, the IF may follow him around and play pranks on the sim like a ghost does: ---

Instance Pt.2:
    Imaginary Friend follows the Sim around without that Sim knowing. Literally stalk or creep the Sim so that the Imaginary Friend studies the Sim [Assumes] and become an imaginary version of that Sim. They become Tense Emotion: Creeped Out
    Insane people make our skin crawl. :)

Idea is to have this unique Life State be the reason for Insane Sim's talking to self and unpredictable Emotions . It'd be an Emotion switchboard from which the Insane Sim can benefit from for specific task(s) or to express his/her insanity and be +Happy about exercising their insanity.
    (3 Emotions; 1 minute = +1 Happy; 3 hours.)
    (Stack up to +5 Happy)
    (Emotion name: Insanity)

Ghostly actions are stretching the idea a bit, really. Maybe a Ghost could creep the Imaginary Friend for some LOLs.
    Post edited by 101Gamer on
  • MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    I really like this idea! I never use the insane trait, but I totally would if this was in the game. :)
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    This a pretty cool idea. Something unique to the imaginary friend idea....
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I can dig this, but what about kids? If The imaginary trait is only restricted to the Insane trait?
    maybe both Insane and Childish trait and Children (and Toddlers)
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I can dig this, but what about kids? If The imaginary trait is only restricted to the Insane trait?
    maybe both Insane and Childish trait and Children (and Toddlers)

Maybe all kids could have it, but they grow out of it after the younger stages unless they have that insane trait.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I hated them is s3. If they make them unique to insane sims like you propose in the op then I could understand a bit of the psychosis involved in insane mood swings.

But I hope they never come back otherwise.
  • CassandraNightCassandraNight Posts: 60 New Member
    I would rather them be capable for all traits, but if there was a button of sorts to turn them off and on then I'd be fine with that.
  • 101Gamer101Gamer Posts: 131 Member
    edited January 2015
    > @MasonGamer said:
    > I can dig this, but what about kids? If The imaginary trait is only restricted to the Insane trait?
    > maybe both Insane and Childish trait and Children (and Toddlers)
    >
    > @jcp011c2 said:
    > Maybe all kids could have it, but they grow out of it after the younger stages unless they have that insane trait.

Perfect! Unless they have an Insane Trait, they grow out of it! :D
    And to help not be so taxing on player's micro-managing the Child's Imaginary Friend would be a non-playable Sim until Teen age.

* How would Imaginary Friend reveal itself to Children?
    (AS A NON-PLAYABLE VISITOR)
    Reveals itself if Social needs failing and unsatisfied too long.
    Reveals itself if no friends to part with. (Less Relations = More Imaginary Friend)
    Reveals itself in private locations which are already scripted with Loner Trait. Right?
    Reveals self when Sim is undisturbed - doing their own thing for 2+ minutes.

* How would Imaginary Friend reveal itself to Teenagers and +ages?
    (AS A PLAYABLE SIM)
    Requires Insane Trait!!!!
    Re-introduce themselves but as grown-ups. Slightly weird and Insane encounter basically to let the player know that 'IF is always here to stay and play'.
    Always there unless 'at imaginary work' and;
    can be summoned at will (teleport) by social interaction from any range. Only Insane Sim can see their own Imaginary Friend.
    Post edited by 101Gamer on
    101Gamer wrote: »
    > @MasonGamer said: <br />
    > I can dig this, but what about kids? If The imaginary trait is only restricted to the Insane trait?<br />
    > maybe both Insane and Childish trait and Children (and Toddlers)<br />
    > <br />
    > @jcp011c2 said:<br />
    > Maybe all kids could have it, but they grow out of it after the younger stages unless they have that insane trait.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Perfect! Unless they have an Insane Trait, they grow out of it! :D<br />
    And to help not be so taxing on player's micro-managing the Child's Imaginary Friend would be a non-playable Sim until Teen age.<br />
    <br />
    * How would Imaginary Friend reveal itself to Children?<br />
    (AS A NON-PLAYABLE VISITOR)<br />
    Reveals itself if Social needs failing and unsatisfied too long.<br />
    Reveals self if no friends to part with. (Less Relations = More Imaginary Friend)<br />
    Reveals itself in private locations which are already scripted with Loner Trait. Right?<br />
    <br />
    * How would Imaginary Friend reveal itself to Teenagers and +ages?<br />
    (AS A PLAYABLE SIM)<br />
    They re-introduce themselves but as grown-ups. Slightly weird and Insane encounter<br />
    basically to let the player know that 'IF is always here to stay and play'.

Haha Imaginary grown up friends, love it. that's a great idea.

Or maybe our grown up sims could have imaginary friends that are toddlers. Or maybe..they already DO. >:)