Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hair sims4

why has the graphics for sim hair in sims4 gone backwards. the hair looks like lego
h2xmsbl]

Comments

• BrandiLynn22BrandiLynn22 Posts: 42 Member
    I agree they could be more realistic. Although the styles are pretty up to date now.
    I look back to The Sims hair styles... *shudders*
    nrfGEIZIkw7Zu.gif

• calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    I agree they could be more realistic. Although the styles are pretty up to date now.<br />
    I look back to The Sims hair styles... *shudders*

I agree the styles are better, But what style without texture.

h2xmsbl]

This is true! Now that I think about it, not much of the game has a lot of texture to begin with. Everything is pretty smooth.
    nrfGEIZIkw7Zu.gif

edited December 2014
    This is true! Now that I think about it, not much of the game has a lot of texture to begin with. Everything is pretty smooth.
    yes It seem rather 2d compared to sims3 and i think the only reason for this is the same as for the loading screens. just to allow those that dont upgrade or buy an upto date computer every couple of years.

Just to allow those who still use win XP to play the new release.

Sad really as I was looking so forward to playing sims4.

Dont get me wrong I love what EA done with the Create sim and the build mode mannipulations.

its the live play thats so lacking in graphic's and general content.

What do you think?

h2xmsbl]

I totally agree, the CAS and build mode have definitely gone through a great update. I do agree that Sims 3 seemed more realistic in their look. I've compared the sims of Sims 4 to Sims 3 and they do seem more clean, but also more cartoonish.

But I do see that the gameplay graphics are not full of texture as it was in the Sims 3. Not that I can complain, cause Sims 4 is very vibrant, I can see what they were trying to do.

I guess playing Sims 3 for a few years can make you judge harshly with changes. It's something us simmer's will have to get used to!
    nrfGEIZIkw7Zu.gif

I totally agree, the CAS and build mode have definitely gone through a great update. I do agree that Sims 3 seemed more realistic in their look. I've compared the sims of Sims 4 to Sims 3 and they do seem more clean, but also more cartoonish. <br />
    <br />
    But I do see that the gameplay graphics are not full of texture as it was in the Sims 3. Not that I can complain, cause Sims 4 is very vibrant, I can see what they were trying to do.<br />
    <br />
    I guess playing Sims 3 for a few years can make you judge harshly with changes. It's something us simmer's will have to get used to!

for me I cant seem to play for more than 1hr the neighbourhoods/worlds are so small and theres a serious lack of empty lots for builders like me.
    The loading screens are a real drag.This was the one thing I was glad to not have in sims3, but now their back.

well Im hoping that the sims4 will improve within the next couple of EPs / patches play wise

h2xmsbl]

Same here, not a big fan of loading screens. I understand the purpose though. Saving is a lot quicker and the game doesn't seem to lag (as much). But I think being able to have bigger worlds with no load screens is worth it.
    nrfGEIZIkw7Zu.gif

edited December 2014
    all we can do is try to get our views seen by the sims4 team and wait and see if it changes for the better.
    h2xmsbl]

• FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    tbh default hair wasn't great in TS3 either, at least in my opinion. But yeah, some improving in the hair textures would be sweet.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000