Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spar issues and don't know what to do (no I'm not talking about the tournament)

Basically I have my sim in Shang Simla but when I click on a character who I know is a martial artist, there is no spar option. on previous sims I played there would be a spar option, and I realize that you have to befriend that individual before you can fight them in a tournament, but like I said in the title this is not about the tournament because I actually wanna wait tell she has had 75 sparing matches under her belt before she enters into any kind of tournament. So far I have had 0 spar matches, literally none at all with this sim I'm playing and it's because the options to spar is not there at all with any characters. I even tried befriending them to see if that would make a difference and nope no difference at all. My sim has mastered the martial arts skill, broken 944 space rock blocks (which you only need to break 150 to meet the challenge), and has meditated for 150.45 hours (150 hours would be needed for the meditation challenge, but without a spar option on local sims I won't be able to do the Sim Fu King challenge, and I want to meet that challenge so she can have 75 matches under her belt before I'll have her go for that Grand Master Tournament challenge. Is there a way I can get that spar option to appear again? I I have no Mods what so ever, I do use cheats but no Mods cause I don't trust anything that doesn't come from EA officially. I really hope I don't have to re-install the game, I worked so hard on this character and her skills and made shure she would meet every challenge for every skill she has.

please help, I got my game paused.

Comments

• VaporousCloudVaporousCloud Posts: 17 New Member
    P.S. I am playing with Multiple expansions at once
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    As to the spar problem, I always have two Sims in the family who can spar with each other. That way they don't have to be in China to practice. I've never tried to spar with a local Sim when it wasn't part of an adventure. Once they get to a certain point, I usually just have them do the Tournament. They can continue to do that even after they reach the top, so you can still get plenty of experience for your Sim.

The other thought I had was that perhaps you'd have more luck if you try to have her spar with Sims at the Academy who you can tell are martial artists by what they are wearing (since they change into martial arts clothes when they do the dummy or the blocks.) I know you won't get the spar option if a Sim doesn't have enough martial arts experience. And you do have to start by introducing yourself and talking with them for a while before you can ask to spar. A Sim can't just walk up to someone (even one he knows) and ask to spar.

VapourCloud, I'm surprised that you can even play at all without mods. I avoided mods like the plague (as I didn't trust "anything that doesn't come from EA officially" either.) When I had to reinstall my games and reinstall my updates, I couldn't use the "incremental install" updates to choose only the first couple of updates the way I had in the past. I had to use the Master/Superpatch Update, which installs all of them. Then I couldn't play the game because so many of the official EA updates are incompatible with WA if you don't use mods. The recommended mods are NRAAS' Overwatch, ErrorTrap and (if you actually have your Sims travel) Traveler. You can find them here (without even signing up for their website): http://nraas.wikispaces.com/

Also, even if you do have to uninstall/reinstall, you don't need to lose your characters. Save your files to your desktop or the hard drive (or even to some other place.) Instructions for putting them back in are here:
    http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Back_Ups/Restore

If you don't know how to save your files, this explains:
    http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Back_Ups
    Thank you I'll try it out, even the mods if it will work, it's worth a test, I'm backing up my character and gonna re-install everything fresh and this time I'll go ahead and give those mods you recommended a test drive to see if they'll work and what they do for me. I'm a little nervous about this, anyway. I still have one question though, I noticed I have to know what patch level to download for the NRAAS overwatch, errortrap and trveler, how do I find out which patch level I would need?
    The last ones on the patch list are all the ones included in the Superpatch/update. But it's a good idea to have the game fully installed before adding in your mods. When you start up the game, the update/patch level is on your launcher at the bottom of the pane that has the start button on it. That way you can check which one you have to be sure. (Although if you use the Superpatch, that's the most recent patch so you'd use the most recent mod.)
    Thank you, I'm gonna do it right now.
  • AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    I didn't notice this mentioned above so I'll risk the question: have you tried the phone > call Sim > 'Challenge Spar Tournament Contender'?
    http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Martial_Arts
    For tournaments yes, but like I said it's not the tournament I was talking about. I was talking about regular sparing which is not the same.
    AMariseS wrote: »
    I didn't notice this mentioned above so I'll risk the question: have you tried the phone > call Sim > 'Challenge Spar Tournament Contender'?
    http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Martial_Arts

VaporousCloud specifically wants to avoid doing the tournament until after the Sim has gotten a certain number of sparring matches first. The problem has been that the Sim hasn't been getting the "spar" interaction available. Hopefully what has been suggested will work!
    It's ok though, from what I looked up it seems as though it's the tournament everyone has issues with, since mine was different and I couldn't find an already done posting with advice that applied to my situation, that would be the reason I went ahead and started this discussion lol.
    I have another issue that I could use your advice on, I did everything you suggested literally to the "T". And the game seems to be working a lot better, so for that thank you. But the only problem is, that the launcher shows my backed up character as being installed but yet I can't find her anywhere when I went into "move in household" at the very beginning.
    I can't figure it out. She's in my savedsims folder, but yet she's no where to be found.
  • pinkieposhpinkieposh Posts: 241 Member
    edited December 2014
    If she is in the SavedSim folder, she wont be in the household bin. You have to go to Create-A-Sim, and you should find here along with the premade sims.

This is becasue you saved her as a sim not as a household. If you saved her as a household, she will be saved in the Library not SavedSim folder.
    tumblr_phvdhrrkdl1qcy6v1o1_r2_540.png
    My Page My Simblr My Studio
    My YouTube Channel
    That may be the case, except, the only reason I would save a sim is if I would want to play as that character later on. Because I had to reinstall everything over I need to get her playable again. In the create a household where you create sims there's an option to save sim to bin, share sim, or create a twin, there is no option for saving her as a household. So I need someone who can tell me how I can make her playable again.
    wait there was some detail that I missed before responding to that comment. you say I should find her in create a household under premade sims. where would premade sims be located?
    I'm gonna try searching for it, but please do respond in case I can't find it.
    OMG I found the pr-made sims ^_^,,, I am so extatic now, I could hug every person who responded to all my posts and responses, I saw Monica Fae in the pre-made sims, man I missed her so much, now I can play as her again. By the way just an FYI for anyone who reads this, when I created Monica Fae I shared her on sims 3 exchange, if you search by this Month she should be on page 39 unless she got pumped up further due to others sharing their sims, but that's the page she was on when I last saw her. Anyway thank you so much everyone, you are all so helpful, thanks you pinkieposh, thank you KatAnubis, and thank you AMariseS. Thank you all very much ^_^ and happy holidays ^_^
    Happy Holidays to you too!

When you have a household you like (even if it's just one person), you want to save it as a household. To do that, you have to save them from the edit Town mode (or you can move them out, and they'll be in the library too, but there are more limits on that), not from Create a Sim. They'll be found in your "library" when you want to move someone in. From Create a Sim, you can make a family and it will be available for putting in a new household, but they won't have the skills that a played Sim family will have.
    I'll have to keep that in mind, thank you
    How do you invite people to become friends through Sims 3, (not invite sims as friends but I mean other players in the Sims 3 community) I ask cause pinkieposh just friended me and I accepted but I would like to know how to friend people as well.
    Happy Holidays to you too and happy simming!
    My YouTube Channel
    I got curious with Monica Rae so i went and look her up, but since there's a lot in the exchange i went to your page instead. What I did is i go to 'mypage' and then i remove 'pinkieposh' and replace it with 'VaporousCloud' and then I saw Monica Rae on your studio. 'Add Friend' is available on the 'mypage' and the 'creator tab' of your uploaded sim. I would have rec'd her but I am in the office and some options are not available due to restrictions.
    My YouTube Channel
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    How do you invite people to become friends through Sims 3, (not invite sims as friends but I mean other players in the Sims 3 community) I ask cause pinkieposh just friended me and I accepted but I would like to know how to friend people as well.

Go to The Sims 3 website at http://www.thesims3.com/home.html. Click on My Friends under the My Page menu (you might have to log in first). Click on Search a Friend on the green bar near the top of the page. Once you've found somebody that you want to add, click the icon. It will open a little window where you can Add as a Friend or you can View Member's My Page and then Add as a Friend from there. Either method sends a friend request.

You can also send Friend requests while you are playing the game by clicking on somebody's icon when you see something they posted or from the Friends tab on your Player Profile and Wall.
    Thank you ^_^
    I think you would like her Pinkie, She really is a neat character. She's a Fairy which is why I called her Monica Fae, Monica cause she just looked like a Monica to me and Fae cause she is a Fairy and Fae is actually the archaic form of the word Fairy, In our modern age we call them Fairies but if you go back far enough they were called the Fae. The only thing is I'm not sure how you'd like the color green lol, cause Monica Fae's favorite color is green and she uses a LOT of green in her wardrobe ^_^
    Thank you Scetch793 and pinkieposh ^_^