Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of Australia?

Comments

• LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    I only rarely eat it. It's one of those "can only eat when in the mood" kinda things for me.
    @LovelyMelody - My brother teased a kangaroo at Lake Eildon when we were kids, and it eventually had enough, and kicked him in the stomach, knocking him flat, it was hilarious. Horrible kid deserved it ;)
    We have wallabies coming onto our property every night. They are a little family :) There are 2 adults and two little babies, they are SO adorable. Well, except when they eat my younger sons vegetable garden.

You're so lucky that they visit your home (I mean I know wallabies are different, but they're similar). My boyfriend told me kangaroos fight like that. It's kind of funny hahaha. They're pretty smart.

I would love to see a platypus.

Oh, and this isn't related to your comment but I think our accents are okay. Bogan accents are hilarious, some male accents are pretty attractive!

Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • DaB1gVDaB1gV Posts: 684 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    I only rarely eat it. It's one of those "can only eat when in the mood" kinda things for me.
    @LovelyMelody - My brother teased a kangaroo at Lake Eildon when we were kids, and it eventually had enough, and kicked him in the stomach, knocking him flat, it was hilarious. Horrible kid deserved it ;)
    We have wallabies coming onto our property every night. They are a little family :) There are 2 adults and two little babies, they are SO adorable. Well, except when they eat my younger sons vegetable garden.

You're so lucky that they visit your home (I mean I know wallabies are different, but they're similar). My boyfriend told me kangaroos fight like that. It's kind of funny hahaha. They're pretty smart.

I would love to see a platypus.

Oh, and this isn't related to your comment but I think our accents are okay. Bogan accents are hilarious, some male accents are pretty attractive!

Hemsworth brothers... *swoon* Whenever I hear them on an interview, I'm so glad I'm from Australia.
  • steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    Id constantly be on my tip toes with bug spray in my hand. Too many dangerous spiders for me. I live in the UK and even here I still check my bed and under my pillows before I get into it lol
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    steve7859 wrote: »
    Id constantly be on my tip toes with bug spray in my hand. Too many dangerous spiders for me. I live in the UK and even here I still check my bed and under my pillows before I get into it lol

I accidentally broke my light-switch trying to kill a spider.

I am so scared of spiders.
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    BTW, @joleaco I was not being mean in my post just explaining why I haven't really seen them... not saying they aren't around it's just my experience I don't mean any offense.

Takes more than that to get me offended, lol.

In suburbs on the outskirts of cities you will still see the wildlife. My parents live in northern Tassie and I hate driving around there after the sun goes down. It's like all the wild animals get together and decide to cross the road in front of your car.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
    edited December 2014

One day I was eating at the canteen (sorta like a cafeteria, sorta not?) and there were 2 of these huntsman spiders hanging in the corner of the ceiling. Some girl threw an apple core at them and they started to move and I literally screamed.
    LaAbby wrote: »

How did you manage that lol I never kill them in terrified of them but always manage to pop them in a glass and let the go outside. I saw one the other day on my back door that I had to move it was huge and I mean huge mist have been pregnant or something but I will say it wasn't friendly looking. Looked like a brown widow spider!!
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    EVERYTHING WANTS TO KILL YOU
    You see that bunny? Of course not! It's stabbing you in the back while it's friends are eating your eyes!

<.<
    kill+to.jpg
    edited December 2014

How did you manage that lol I never kill them in terrified of them but always manage to pop them in a glass and let the go outside. I saw one the other day on my back door that I had to move it was huge and I mean huge mist have been pregnant or something but I will say it wasn't friendly looking. Looked like a brown widow spider!!

It was on my wall so I started throwing things at it,
    Finally I got a cockroach kill spray can and threw it when it was on my light switch.

I was afraid that if I tried to kill it with my shoe it would somehow avoid it and jump on my hand.

Someone posted a spider pic :scream: I scrolled down, I couldn't see it.
    edited December 2014

One day I was eating at the canteen (sorta like a cafeteria, sorta not?) and there were 2 of these huntsman spiders hanging in the corner of the ceiling. Some girl threw an apple core at them and they started to move and I literally screamed.

These get into my house a lot, especially since moving to Newcastle. They come in sizes large and larger. We usually catch and release but if it is in my bedroom at night, it's the bug spray I'm afraid.

Was trying to catch one once with a plastic container, it jumped off the wall towards my face. Never have I moved so fast, went sliding down the hall on my stomach.
    Post edited by joleaco on
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    @LovelyMelody THE HELL IS THAT?! My goodness....I'm glad I live nowhere near those things or anything like that.....
    hEFcp6z.gif

rR0zeTu.jpg

Not my picture but I used this one because they looked all weird and dangly like this on that day. Sorry if I scare anyone, some people really are scared of spiders.

I actually just threw my phone across the room!! That made me jump as I scrolled down it just apeared!!! Thanks lol
    edited December 2014

rR0zeTu.jpg

Not my picture but I used this one because they looked all weird and dangly like this on that day. Sorry if I scare anyone, some people really are scared of spiders.

🐸🐸🐸🐸!
    hqdefault.jpg
    Thanks for that! I have arachnophobia and now my brain is trying to convince me there is one under my chair.
    edited December 2014
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    @LovelyMelody THE HELL IS THAT?! My goodness....I'm glad I live nowhere near those things or anything like that.....

One gigantic spider... I think they're really common where I live.
    joleaco wrote: »

These get into my house a lot, especially since moving to Newcastle. They come in sizes large and larger. We usually catch and release but if it is in my bedroom at night, it's the bug spray I'm afraid.

Was trying to catch one once with a plastic container, it jumped off the wall towards my face. Never have I moved so fast, went sliding down the hall on my stomach.

I would have had to go to therapy if one literally jumped at my face.. @_@...
    edited December 2014
    EasyToRead wrote: »

They can grow to the size of your hand. A lady and her kids leapt out of their car in front of my house one day, they were all screaming. I raced over to see what was wrong, and one of these beauties was in their car. I removed it with a towel, she was soooo happy.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
    edited December 2014
    Sorry if I upset you for posting the picture of the spider. Shall I remove it?

edit: nvm, it's been quoted, so it won't help to remove it.
    edited December 2014
    I read that those spiders cause alot of car crashes in Australia as they hide in the sun viser part and fall in your lap when you open it to block the sun while driving.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Too many scary creatures LOL. Especially the spiders they get there. Oh hell no. I'm never even visiting there. Too many hot regions too, yuck. Seems like a beautiful country though.

Australian accents are really hot, I like listening to people with Australian accents even if they aren't saying anything interesting, lol.

I've met so many nice Australians too, I'm sure they have their share of idiots like everywhere, but I have yet to meet somebody from there who I don't like.

I would have had to go to therapy if one literally jumped at my face.. @_@...

Yeah if it touched my face I would have definitely needed counselling. But I was faster than greased lightening, it had no chance.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
    Why is there 5 of these spider pics crawling all over the page? When I was here there was one :scream::scream::scream:
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Why the hell do people fell the need to quote spider pictures (or post them in the first place)? I hate you all. I literally jumped the first time I saw it, now I just want to cry. I think I'll just stay out of this thread now.
    Sorry if I upset you for posting the picture of the spider. Shall I remove it?

edit: nvm, it's been quoted, so it won't help to remove it.

If you were asking me, It's fine anyways. I'm used to freaking out lol :P I live next to bushes so I get a lot of spiders coming in but none that big.. I'd burn the house down lol

BTW, everything feels like spider climbing onto me now lol

@steve7859
    NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! I'll just have to take the bus...
    Why is there 5 of these spider pics crawling all over the page? When I was here there was one :scream::scream::scream:

They're coming to get yoooooooou!
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member

The spiders have taken over the thread.

RUN ABBY RUN!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlT6owR5Ytg
    joleaco wrote: »

They're coming to get yoooooooou!

I have broken my light-switch to kill one once, if they come here I think I'll end up turning the house upside down.