Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 won't let me play my household!

Comments

• de_wet_lpb725de_wet_lpb725 Posts: 2 New Member
    Im having the same problem :(
  • Brookie27Brookie27 Posts: 4 New Member
    I have so many problems with this game, including this one.
    1. my sim had twins as usual
    2. I went to go delete one of the twins
    3. I went back to the map so I could play that house hold
    4. loading screen... I wait
    5. back to the map

I've tried everything even other house hold it doesn't work! UGHHHH!!

I got the game the day before thanksgiving, and it happened on new year's eve...
    help. please. someone. fix it.
  • AwesomeSimmer11AwesomeSimmer11 Posts: 2 New Member
    This has been happening to me too! I was gunna post my own thread about this but I'm glad yours came up. I was so into my families and I was up to my second generation when it just crashed. I re-opened my game and it wouldn't let me play my households :(
  • OswinOswin Posts: 22 Member
    The same thing has been happening to me. My SIMS just got engaged. They're second generation SIMS, so I don't know if that has anything to do with anything, but I edited the girl's hair, and then went to check my email and when I got back, my household wouldn't open.
    I did try going to the TRAY folder (Which I found in Users\Oswin\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray ) and deleting everything in it didn't work. Is there another way to fix this?
    I did find out it wasn't just my main household, but also my brother's household and ALL the computer generated households.
    I did some research, and this is what it says on the EA website...

"Following the December update for The Sims 4, some players have been unable to load certain households when playing. Attempting to load the household will result in being returned to the map screen.

Maxis is aware of the issue and is looking for a solution. We will update this page as soon as we have any news regarding the problem. In the meantime, you can share information regarding the issue on Answer HQ. Additional cases can help us fix the issue faster, and you may discover a fix from the community."
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Oswin wrote: »
    I did some research, and this is what it says on the EA website...<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    "Following the December update for The Sims 4, some players have been unable to load certain households when playing. Attempting to load the household will result in being returned to the map screen. <br />
    <br />
    Maxis is aware of the issue and is looking for a solution. We will update this page as soon as we have any news regarding the problem. In the meantime, you can share information regarding the issue on Answer HQ. Additional cases can help us fix the issue faster, and you may discover a fix from the community."

Here's the info request link: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Info-Request-Loading-family-just-loads-Map-again/td-p/4137595
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Alice_ZammyAlice_Zammy Posts: 4 New Member
    If you guys delete everything the tray, it works..
    > @Alice_Zammy said:
    > If you guys delete everything the tray, it works..
    Not always, like I said in my last post.
  • KelseyMarie31KelseyMarie31 Posts: 1 New Member
    Same problem. As soon as I downloaded the Christmas Pack it stopped working. -.-
  • simmer51simmer51 Posts: 18 Member
    edited January 2015
    I've had this problem for quite some time now but recently been able to find a solution. It seems like it only worked for me...

EA is looking into the problem and hopefully they'll be able to fix it soon.
    Good luck to all who are having the problem
    Post edited by simmer51 on
  • Darkfairy89Darkfairy89 Posts: 6 New Member
    Im having the same problem! it started yesterday :(
  • simmer51simmer51 Posts: 18 Member
    @Darkfairy89 Please try my suggestion:

If you don't mind starting a new game until EA fixes the problem, then this is for you...

Go to the sims 4 folder on your computer. You'll see another folder that says "saves". Put that folder in your desktop or somewhere else for safe keeping until there is a new update.

When you launch the sims 4 you will start your new game and be able to play (Hopefully... this worked for me)

When EA fixes the game, decide wether you want to keep your new game or continue your old game. If you decide to to continue your old game then go back to the saves folder you put in your desktop (or anywhere else you put it) and put it back in the sims 4 folder and delete the other saves folder with your newer game in it.

If you decide to keep your newer game, then just leave it the way it was and get the update (if there ever will be one) so that this problem won't happened again... Hopefully

I am not responsible for any damage to your game. Although if you follow my instructions completely there shouldn't be any. DON'T TAKE AWAY ANY OTHE FOLDER EXCEPT SAVES FOLDER.
  • lindsaystevenslindsaystevens Posts: 2 New Member
    I literally can not play AT. ALL. FIX THIS
  • mokey88mokey88 Posts: 1 New Member
    deleted trays.. did not help
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    Don't delete the tray - remove your previous saved games (look in Libraries>Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4>Saves, and remove every file that shows underneath the Scratch and serial GUID folders. Don't delete these files altogether - save them to a folder somewhere else (in case you make a mistake). Then do the Repair Game thing through Origin. This should allow you to start a new game, although you will not be able to recover your existing game.
    edited January 2015
    Deleting the Tray folder does not help this problem. And it deletes your whole Library. Don't delete the Tray folder. If you want to refresh the rest of the folder or see if the Tray folder is causing problems, MOVE the Tray folder, DON'T DELETE it.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Kim271997Kim271997 Posts: 3 New Member
    Yeah I had the same problem since Tuesday, where I try to log into my household and I return to map.. does anyone have a solution yet? Is it because of the holiday pack? Like mines had the glitch a day after I downloaded it and for now I started a new game in a separate account until there's a solution..
  • happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    edited January 2015
    I only just had this happen to me a few days ago, even though the patch was all the way back on Dec 16. I got the holiday pack on the same day. I don't know what causes this. ETA: obviously the patch causes it, what I mean is I don't know why it works for so long , then all of a sudden this happens.
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • CharlieDrCharlieDr Posts: 4 New Member
    Go to the sims 4 folder on your computer. You'll see another folder that says "saves". Put that folder in your desktop or somewhere else for safe keeping until there is a new update.

When you launch the sims 4 you will start your new game and be able to play (Hopefully... this worked for me)

When EA fixes the game, decide wether you want to keep your new game or continue your old game. If you decide to to continue your old game then go back to the saves folder you put in your desktop (or anywhere else you put it) and put it back in the sims 4 folder and delete the other saves folder with your newer game in it.

If you decide to keep your newer game, then just leave it the way it was and get the update (if there ever will be one) so that this problem won't happened again... Hopefully

I am not responsible for any damage to your game. Although if you follow my instructions completely there shouldn't be any. DON'T TAKE AWAY ANY OTHER FOLDER EXCEPT SAVES FOLDER.

I did all of this except I actually deleted the saves folder, but got really annoyed about starting all over again so I actually restored the folder and my save started working again. I don't know if it will stay working or not but it's worth a try :)
  • QueenKandyQueenKandy Posts: 22 New Member
    I am having the same issues.First,I couldnt save my game so I reinstalled it and it was fine.Then the next day I click play and the game just loads and takes me back to the map.So then today I click play and it seems like it is just loading and never taking me to the map or anything!it is so weird and I really hope EA checks these forums and reads them,because then they could possibly release a patch or an update to fix this for us.Because clearly A LOT of people are having issues with the Sims 4.The bad thing is that this game is AMAZING so when you cant play it,it is devastating
  • QueenKandyQueenKandy Posts: 22 New Member
    > @Lollygirl1 said:
    > corky7ca wrote: »
    >
    > I had this problem and I went into my tray folder and deleted everything from the new update (Dec. 16th) and later. I then started a game I had saved from a date before the update and it worked! Unfortunately I lost my most recent game and anything in my library downloaded after the patch but I was able to get them back from searching the community again.
    >
    >
    >
    > That Is exactly What I Did and It Worked!

I dont understand what you did
  • Lollygirl1Lollygirl1 Posts: 114 Member
    @QueenKandy‌
    I Went into the EA folder Then Clicked Sims 4 then Tray and Deleted everything in it.
  • gatitarurygatitarury Posts: 6 New Member
    I click play and the game just loads and takes me back to the map.
  • gatitarurygatitarury Posts: 6 New Member
    I deleted everything in the "Tray" I still cannot play. I tried creating a new world, new family... still not working. Also copied and saved the "saved" folder with the last play. Not working. Any new ideas?
    gatitarury wrote: »
    I deleted everything in the "Tray" I still cannot play. I tried creating a new world, new family... still not working. Also copied and saved the "saved" folder with the last play. Not working. Any new ideas?

Had you uploaded all your Library items to the Gallery? If not, I suggest you head to your Recycle Bin and restore the Tray files. That's your Library.