Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 won't let me play my household!

simmer51simmer51 Posts: 18 Member
When I launch the sims 4 to play everything is fine but when I go to the map to select the household i wanna play, it doesn't let me! I can't play any of my sims! When i press play to play that household the loading screen appears but then it just takes me back to the map! I'm litterally stuck on the map! I've had this problem for a couple days now, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I got the game on November 21 and never had any problems with the game until a couple days ago. I'm pretty sure that because I installed the Holiday pack for sims 4 it's doing this.

I've tried, restarting my computer, uninstalling origin and reinstalling origin, uninstalling the sims 4 and reinstalling it and also reloaded my games on origin. NOTHING WORKS!!

Another odd thing that I've experienced is that every time I launch the sims 4 and then exit out of the game and then shut down my computer it says that origin is preventing the computer to shut down so it always force shut downs...
Do you think that has anything to do with it?

Do you think I should uninstall the holdiday pack? If so, how?

Anything else I should try?

If you know for sure how to fix this please tell me!!!!!!

I don't care about losing my saved games I just wanna be able to play again! I was looking forward to playing the sims 4 during the holidays but now i can't play!!!

Thanks for your help!

-Simmer51 <3

Comments

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Could you post here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Info-Request-Loading-family-just-loads-Map-again/td-p/4137595/ (just login with your Origin account) and answer the question in the first post.

Thank you.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    ChristianT17ChristianT17 Posts: 4 New Member
    I am having the same problem! I'm glad i'm not the only one
  • Options
    sweetfire1234sweetfire1234 Posts: 2 New Member
    How do u save and delete the Sims files
  • Options
    corky7cacorky7ca Posts: 46 Member
    I had this problem and I went into my tray folder and deleted everything from the new update (Dec. 16th) and later. I then started a game I had saved from a date before the update and it worked! Unfortunately I lost my most recent game and anything in my library downloaded after the patch but I was able to get them back from searching the community again.
  • Options
    schultzkaitlynschultzkaitlyn Posts: 1 New Member
    > @simmer51 said:
    > When I launch the sims 4 to play everything is fine but when I go to the map to select the household i wanna play, it doesn't let me! I can't play any of my sims! When i press play to play that household the loading screen appears but then it just takes me back to the map! I'm litterally stuck on the map! I've had this problem for a couple days now, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I am having the same issue. Did yours ever work??? and if so how???? Ive been sitting on live chat for two days and nothing is working. Please let me know!
  • Options
    Karode151Karode151 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have the Same issue!! Did you fix it? If so, how?!?!
  • Options
    Doowrah96Doowrah96 Posts: 3 New Member
    Same issues here too! My create a household works, but it won't let me play any of my sims. I'm not super techy so I'm not sure how to do any of the saves or mods, nor do I know what any of it means. I'm thinking maybe the crashes and this have to do with the fact that it never asked for my second disc during installation? I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it 3 different times and nothing has changed. All I know is that I want to play my game! I just got it for Christmas and I've only been able to play a couple of times. Please help!
  • Options
    RainbowSimRainbowSim Posts: 76 Member
    Experiencing the same issue - any new information about this problem? Is this issue being looked into by the devs?
  • Options
    AndroodleAndroodle Posts: 209 Member
    At the moment I'm able to play the game with a new save file and household. I still have my main household saved elsewhere for when this problem is fixed. Find the sims 4 folder (I think it's : Documents - Electronic Arts - Sims 4). I moved the folders : saves, mods, tray and option.ini file to somewhere safe like the desktop or another hard drive. . I may need someone to verify this in case I am wrong. After that, I deleted the sims 4 folder and started the game so that it can generate a new folder. Note that I have not added my other saves back in to the game just yet. I'm currently playing another household until the problem is fixed. At the moment I have not experienced this issue yet, but I have only been playing this household for a few days. One thing I do is clicking 'save as' instead of 'save' frequently so that I could easily roll back to an earlier save. Also remember to backup your game or computer frequently too. I hope this problem is fixed for all of us soon as I really miss my other saves.
  • Options
    myrissa8myrissa8 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited December 2014
    mine stopped working today too. uninstalled both origin and the game and it still doesnt work.. had this game since it first came out. does anyone know how to fix it?
  • Options
    mattie_7990mattie_7990 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have been having the same problem, not being able to play any of my Sims. and i have tried restarting everything, re-downloading, etc and it doesn't work. i just downloaded the Christmas stuff and now it is doing this. Anyone know how to fix it??
  • Options
    noteye32noteye32 Posts: 250 Member
    im having the same issue, hopefully they fix it soon
  • Options
    Hails36Hails36 Posts: 1 New Member
    does anyone know whats happening?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    It's a widespread bug but it doesn't seem to have any common cause yet other than the game update, and it doesn't affect everyone. It does corrupt particular savegame files, and starting a new game works.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    For me, even starting a new game didn't work. It was fine for awhile, then just when I really get into the game it starts happening again. I'll be 🐸🐸🐸🐸 if I'm going to start another new game just for this to happen again.
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Options
    Alice_ZammyAlice_Zammy Posts: 4 New Member
    I have the same problem, except it started today. I'd played the game earlier and both my sims had head to work so I saved and exited out of the game; couple hours later, (now) I get on and on each household including the ones I didn't make, I'm sent back to the map. I restarted my game and now I can't even get to the map. I'm just stuck on the loading screen.
  • Options
    ryanne_xxryanne_xx Posts: 3 New Member
    This just started happening to me!!!! I got the game on Christmas Day, and I have also installed the holiday pack. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS???!!!! I was so into my families but now I can't even play them :'( :'( :'( I really hope EA notices this!
  • Options
    pikeman101pikeman101 Posts: 33 Member
    Yeah... The same thing's happening to me, but, for me, it has nothing to do with careers/aspirations. I was shoved into this error when my sim tried to take the tree to Sylvan Glades. She'd done it successfully before, but, in this case, her husband was upgrading a rocket ship (not sure if it's related).

Moreover, I believe this problem, once experienced on one save file, corrupts ALL save files (I tried loading a file I've not touched for two months and the same problem occurred). As well, when I created a new save file, I was incapable of entering the household of the newly-created sim.

As it does not seem to fix the problem (based on the experiences of others on this and other forums), I do not plan to re-install the game.

It's quite unfortunate that this game-breaking problem has happened to so many players and I hope the issue is resolved quickly (I really like the game, bar this major glitch).
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    ryanne_xx wrote: »
    This just started happening to me!!!! I got the game on Christmas Day, and I have also installed the holiday pack. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS???!!!! I was so into my families but now I can't even play them :'(:'(:'( I really hope EA notices this!

There's no available fix right now :(
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Lollygirl1Lollygirl1 Posts: 114 Member
    corky7ca wrote: »
    I had this problem and I went into my tray folder and deleted everything from the new update (Dec. 16th) and later. I then started a game I had saved from a date before the update and it worked! Unfortunately I lost my most recent game and anything in my library downloaded after the patch but I was able to get them back from searching the community again.
    That Is exactly What I Did and It Worked!
  • Options
    Lollygirl1Lollygirl1 Posts: 114 Member
    ryanne_xx wrote: »
    This just started happening to me!!!! I got the game on Christmas Day, and I have also installed the holiday pack. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS???!!!! I was so into my families but now I can't even play them :'(:'(:'( I really hope EA notices this!

There's no available fix right now :(
    EA Folder/Sims 4/Tray.
    Delete everything in it!

• Options
    koko cup cakekoko cup cake Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Lollygirl1 said:
    > luthienrising wrote: »
    >
    > ryanne_xx wrote: »
    >
    > This just started happening to me!!!! I got the game on Christmas Day, and I have also installed the holiday pack. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS???!!!! I was so into my families but now I can't even play them I really hope EA notices this!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > There's no available fix right now
    >
    >
    >
    > EA Folder/Sims 4/Tray.
    > Delete everything in it!
    where abouts is the EA folder?
  • Options
    I can't really do that, sense I only got the game right after Christmas.
  • Options
    crazybean17gcrazybean17g Posts: 75 Member
    Also having this same problem. I'm not sure if it was the holiday pack because I installed both it and the base game together. Creating a new save used to work for me but now it doesn't. Hope they come out with a fix for this soon!
  • Options
    You're right! I deleted everything in my Tray folder and the game works now. Thanks!