Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims in the Snow, please share your pictures!

I'd like to share pictures of my sim enjoying the snow in the game. I'm keeping it winter there for as long as I have winter here in real life, guess I am just mean like that. I'd love to see your pictures of your sims enjoying the snow and the winter activities in your game. :)

Screenshot-160_zps831e1396.jpg
Making a snow angel.

Screenshot-198_zps7d3c4beb.jpg
Trying to teach Trigger Broke to skate.

Screenshot-200_zpse4c342e1.jpg
That didn't end well.

Screenshot-175_zpsc098207b.jpg
Screenshot-173_zpsab03c22c.jpg
Screenshot-174_zps89349284.jpg
Skating a little more gracefully on her own.

Screenshot-187_zps1d7642e3.jpg
Headed to a snowball fight.

Screenshot-189_zpsec4bcd53.jpg

Screenshot-190_zpsb18fe329.jpg

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    edited December 2014
    Fishing for magic gnomes in the wishing well.

Old_Mill_Cafe_00011.jpg

• venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    Screenshot-2253_zps6b007ab2.jpg

Screenshot-2334_zps4300d130.jpg
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Karritz, I like that! Wish our sims could go ice fishing on frozen ponds. That Oasis Landing shot looks so cold and desolate. I can't believe I have never used that wishing well, I may have to.

venusdemilosims, I like to send my sim snowboarding, too. I think that is a well done feature in the game. The animations are great!

Screenshot-147_zpsd153f79a.jpg
    Screenshot-148_zpsa0b0ccae.jpg
    Screenshot-146_zpsd19a2e04.jpg
    Screenshot-145_zps04e96017.jpg
    Screenshot-149_zpsedc93c7d.jpg

Thanks for sharing, hope to see more!
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Karritz, I like that! Wish our sims could go ice fishing on frozen ponds. That Oasis Landing shot looks so cold and desolate. I can't believe I have never used that wishing well, I may have to.

venusdemilosims, I like to send my sim snowboarding, too. I think that is a well done feature in the game. The animations are great!

Screenshot-147_zpsd153f79a.jpg
    Screenshot-148_zpsa0b0ccae.jpg
    Screenshot-146_zpsd19a2e04.jpg
    Screenshot-145_zps04e96017.jpg
    Screenshot-149_zpsedc93c7d.jpg

Your pictures look amazing!
    Thanks! I use a lighting mod, I think that helps a lot. And I use a default skin replacer which also helps.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    Nice pictures everyone... :)

Here is some of mine. I don't have a lot of them but I will share what I have... :)

Here is Scooby running home through the snow... :)
    screenshot_original.jpg

The Gang going over to visit one of my in game made Sims... :)
    screenshot_original.jpg

Fred riding his bike to his first ghost hunting job for the night... :)
    screenshot_original.jpg

Scooby playing with his ball in the snow... :)
    screenshot_original.jpg

Shaggy doing some snowboarding... :)
    screenshot_original.jpg

This is my simself and my husband swimming in the water in Hidden Springs during winter... :)
    screenshot_original.jpg

Awwww! Scooby and the gang! That's great! :) That house looks cool, figuratively and literally with all that frost on the windows! Not near as cold as you and your hubby in the polar bear club in the last pic, brrrrr.
  • DrewRavidaDrewRavida Posts: 335 Member
    What if Jack Frost met Queen Elsa?
    Screenshot_961.jpg

"Golden Girl".
    Screenshot_715.jpg

Female Stormtrooper.
    Screenshot_968.jpg

Just peaceful...
    Screenshot_126.jpg
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    Awwww! Scooby and the gang! That's great! :) That house looks cool, figuratively and literally with all that frost on the windows! Not near as cold as you and your hubby in the polar bear club in the last pic, brrrrr.

Thank you Jessa_Dakkar... :)
    Holy plum @DrewRavida, your game looks gorgeous!!! I hope you have more to share!

Anyone got pics of toddlers in the snow?

I so wish Fresh Prince would have made us some really cool snowmobiles. :disappointed_relieved:
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited December 2014
    Lovely pictures everyone! I particularly like Scooby and the gang! Nice touch...
    Well, here are mine from my blogs (http://greywitches.wordpress.com/ - and - http://greywitchestwintowns.wordpress.com/):
    Men get a little carried away when Aria Star is around...
    carried-away-aria-star.jpg
    Derek Vargas aiming for you!
    thegreywitches-part02-05-17.jpg
    Two angels...
    thegreywitches-part02-05-16.jpg
    It's much more fun doing things together!
    thegreywitches-part02-05-07.jpg
    A depressed werewolf in love...
    thegreywitches-part02-06-43.jpg
    Taïga and Linn up at Simhenge
    1b-e28093-02a-simhenge.jpg
    A police chase in Falls Harbor Downtown South
    4m-e28093-03-for-lease.jpg
    The Icequeen
    1-jillbg-ice-queen-d1.jpg

NymlADp.jpg
    edited December 2014
    Great pics jillbg, I especially like the one with the cops chasing your sims! :D What did they do!? Looks like you have some interesting story lines playing out.

Making a snowman :)
    Screenshot-162_zps2dc19317.jpg
    Screenshot-161_zps3254736b.jpg
    Screenshot-163_zps35b92668.jpg
    Good first try!

Screenshot-181_zpsb97433e0.jpg
    Warming up with cocoa by the fire.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Thanks! I use a lighting mod, I think that helps a lot. And I use a default skin replacer which also helps.
    Which lightning mod do you use? Your screenshots look amazing.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Lovely winter pics! Some are amazing (and funny, those proposing lovers lol).
    It's still autumn over here (with a lot of storm and rain ;)) but I'll try to find some real winter pictures to contribute.
    I really love those shared pictures threads. The variety.
    5JZ57S6.png
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    Which lightning mod do you use? Your screenshots look amazing.
    I do believe it is this one here. I've been using it for a long time and just copy/pasted it from my last computer.
    http://modthesims.info/d/367164

• dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Nice pictures everyone. I really love winter in the game, some great shots here capturing how wonderful it is :mrgreen:

I only have really old pictures, like 2 years (I've had winter since I just don't really have those photos). I might let my sims have winter soon.

My sim's adorable little tigers crawling around in the snow. :mrgreen:
    Screenshot-3138.jpg

Building a snowman with mom
    Screenshot-3142.jpg

I just find this one funny... "Welcome to the winter festival...
    Screenshot-2219.jpg
    of death" :smiling_imp:

Skating on the pond
    Screenshot-2206.jpg

It's not skating until you fall and take your date down with you
    Screenshot-2214-2.jpg

Building a snowman.... Somebody has zero issue with the cold.
    Screenshot-2229-1.jpg
  • StellaferaStellafera Posts: 13 New Member
    Can't post pictures yet, but I have to say that one of the most fulfilling things is to go above and beyond when a sim rolls the want "build a snowman". And by that I do not mean "watch Frozen", although you are certainly welcome to.

If you build another snowman or so after that, your sim will usually get the want "build 5 snowmen" with a very meglomaniacal description.

So you can do that. Whatever.

No.

Build more.

Cover your entire back yard in snowmen. Ring the sides of the house.

Spend literally an entire sim day on it.

This is how I keep my teenage alien busy when it's past curfew and everyone else has to sleep.
    Aww, Dreamerz13! Those little girls are adorable! :D I'm working on getting a toddler in my current game. My sim took the genie to the theater for a little uhh.. show. Hopefully things work out and I get a toddler soon.

Stellafera, that's pretty funny! A snowman invasion. I look around my current town and every day there are snowmen and woohoo huts..err.. igloos popping up left and right.
    edited December 2014
    There aren't any Sims in this picture - but it is one of my personal favourite Sims 3 snow pictures. It is in Lunar Lakes at night.

LL0001.jpg

I started getting Sims to fish in the wishing well in winter when a meteor hit and a sim child was killed. Her mother made Ambrosia for her but she wouldn't eat it. Then another household member found it in the fridge and ate it. Then there was no death fish and mother sim was too cold to go to the graveyard at midnight to fish. She just refused to do it. The pond was probably frozen too. So in desperation I put the wishing well in a basement of her home lot and she caught many death fish. Now I add the wishing well to all of my games. It is a great source of magic gnomes too. I also have the Tree of Prosperity on the lot so the pixies visit regularly and light up the lot.

Here's another picture of a Sim doing something odd in the snow. Or at least I can't imagine a person doing this comfortably.

OC_0009.jpg

And I suppose this one deserves a mention - it is a Sim in the snow after all.

Old_Mill_Cafe_00006.jpg

I just want to say - I didn't tell him to do this. He did it all on his own and was having a great time so I left him to it after taking this shot.
  • moonandsixpensmoonandsixpens Posts: 553 Member
    DrewRavida wrote: »
    Female Stormtrooper.
    Screenshot_968.jpg

This picture is soooo gorgeous!
    tumblr_noncvdlzEI1unxm84o1_540.png

• 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    edited December 2014
    Here's afew that I got. I'll try and see if I can find the rest of them.

Screenshot-15_zps3a3dad20.jpg
    Polar-Bear Club - BRR! Going for a swim while it's snowing - you're just asking for hypothermia!
    Screenshot-17_zps1229d8a1.jpg
    Too tired to party! Blair got invited only to pass out in front of the house!

Screenshot_zps29be1021.jpg
    EVIL! Twyla Summers undermines a charity!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
    @karritz : Your picture of Lunar Lakes is amazing! Is the moon always looking as magnificent? Wow...
    @Jessa_Dakkar: You lighing mod is incredible!
    Great pics jillbg, I especially like the one with the cops chasing your sims! :D What did they do!? Looks like you have some interesting story lines playing out.
    I'll be happy if you visit my blog about TwinTowns ("Downtown Community Lots"): https://greywitchestwintowns.wordpress.com/ The story lines are there, together with pictures of my "huge" world...

Here're Taïga Grey and her half brother Rowan, after building a snowman while her mother and grandmother are discussing her future... Her Christmas present, a little dobermann puppy, is hardly visible in the snow...
    thegreywitches-46-33.jpg
    Just click on my banner and you'll have direct access to the Grey Witches... Oh, and don't hesitate to follow if you like what you read! :D

NymlADp.jpg
    jillbg wrote: »
    @karritz : Your picture of Lunar Lakes is amazing! Is the moon always looking as magnificent? Wow...

@jillbg That moon isn't like that all the time. I wanted to get a shot of it rising but it was moving up so fast I almost missed it altogether.

I never liked Lunar Lakes but after Into the Future was released I had another look at it and now it is a favourite. It's small but if you are Travelling to other world's it is a beautiful place to have as a home base.
    @Karritz:‌ I have all the worlds - except Roaring Heights and Lunar Lakes. I don't have ITF either, I'm not a Sci-Fi person. But your picture is so beautiful I'm thinking about buying it. It's soon Christmas after all ;)
    NymlADp.jpg