Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim constantly feels "Uncomfortable" from "Filthy Surroundings (Bad Environment)

I can't seem to get rid of the "uncomfortable" moodlet, it says my Sim is feeling so because of filthy surroundings, but after checking for cleanliness around the house, over and over, I don't see any that needs cleaning. I've even moved houses, but the mood still remains.

Comments

• LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Have you reset your sim?
  • whitneyngwhitneyng Posts: 574 Member
    edited December 2014
    Yes, I have. It returns to a positive mood, like happy or inspired then very quickly goes back to being uncomfortable again.
  • ronnigirl67ronnigirl67 Posts: 209 Member
    whitneyng wrote: »
    I can't seem to get rid of the "uncomfortable" moodlet, it says my Sim is feeling so because of filthy surroundings, but after checking for cleanliness around the house, over and over, I don't see any that needs cleaning. I've even moved houses, but the mood still remains.

Does your sim have food in his/her personal inventory that's gone bad? That has happened to me.
    I cleaned that as well. Still no difference. However, my Sim has got fruits and vege from her harvest, should that affect it? It didn't say that the harvest has gone bad though.
  • ronnigirl67ronnigirl67 Posts: 209 Member
    Hmmm....not sure. I usually put my fruits and vegetables in the fridge after I harvest them.
  • SimmindipitySimmindipity Posts: 674 Member
    Similar situation, one of my sims have been having the "uncomfortable" moodlet for days after being drained from the cowplant. Only happened once but can't seem to rid the moodlet. I've reset him and everything, still there and stuck on 4 hours even after a few sim days has passed.
    edited December 2014
    I just started the game. I notice 4 small clumps of dirt on the kitchen floor and one in front of my Sim's front door, that was NOT there earlier and even days before while playing. Anyway, I've cleared it up and the "uncomfortable" moodlet has finally left. I really can't be sure where the dirt came from, however, I do recall my Sim's stove breaking down, but then again, I did not see anything that needed cleaning.

I've also found out that another reason my Sim feels "uncomfortable" though the house is clean, is because, for some odd reason she doesn't wash the dishes but store them in her inventory. But I don't see the dirty dishes until I save the game then open it again.
    Post edited by whitneyng on
  • Linds_the_kittyLinds_the_kitty Posts: 565 Member
    Sometimes, the counter/sink/shower can become dirty without you even realizing it.
  • superstar135superstar135 Posts: 59 Member
    > @whitneyng said:
    > I just started the game. I notice 4 small clumps of dirt on the kitchen floor and one in front of my Sim's front door, that was NOT there earlier and even days before while playing. Anyway, I've cleared it up and the "uncomfortable" moodlet has finally left. I really can't be sure where the dirt came from, however, I do recall my Sim's stove breaking down, but then again, I did not see anything that needed cleaning.

I had exactly the same problem, it was stopping my sim to go to sleep because it was in the way of the bed and when I changed the camera angle, there was a weird pile of dust.

Have you found a way to get rid of it?
    Origin ID: superstar135
  • ricardovfgomesricardovfgomes Posts: 5 New Member
    > @whitneyng said:
    > I just started the game. I notice 4 small clumps of dirt on the kitchen floor and one in front of my Sim's front door, that was NOT there earlier and even days before while playing. Anyway, I've cleared it up and the "uncomfortable" moodlet has finally left. I really can't be sure where the dirt came from, however, I do recall my Sim's stove breaking down, but then again, I did not see anything that needed cleaning.
    >
    > I've also found out that another reason my Sim feels "uncomfortable" though the house is clean, is because, for some odd reason she doesn't wash the dishes but store them in her inventory. But I don't see the dirty dishes until I save the game then open it again.

I believe the dirty piles are left by the bar when something goes wrong with making drinks (a sim breaks a bottle, for instance).
    There is a glitch however because the dirty piles were there but only showed up once I closed and restarted the game.
  • EmberDahlEmberDahl Posts: 332 Member
    Have you had a fire recently?- I noticed these little piles you mentioned when I booted up the game the next day after I had a fire a while ago, and and some ornaments burned. the left over bit looked exactly the same. Now I'm sure I cleaned it up after the fire- but the same looking cinder piles were on my kitchen counter- thought nothing of it, binned it, and continued. I found one again roughly in the same place about a week later, I'm pretty sure I had a fire the previous day before that. So that might be another explanation- just a left over graphic that failed to delete or appear the first time. Maybe.... not sure really, but the objects do look similar to burnt leftovers.
    > @superstar135 said:
    > Have you found a way to get rid of it?

I just got my Sims to pick them up and throw the dirt away. Perhaps it's some sort of glitch. Just now, I saw some blue light under one of the kitchen counters. It looked like the fire from the stove except...it's under the kitchen counter. No options when clicked though.
  • cattycatcatcattycatcat Posts: 1 New Member
    my sim is ALWAYS uncomfortable and she won`t eat! I click the refrigerator and say ''quick meal'' and she`ll just sit there and not move ! I`ll get SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO mad! PLEASE FIX! :/ :/ :/
  • Rina_IlyxRina_Ilyx Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey all check your fish tanks. I have a pretty small open floor plan with a fish tank in the entry. Every time my sim walked around it she got the uncomfortable feeling and I couldn't figure it out why. That is until I remembered that one rare fish I got in granite falls that went foul before my sims got back from their vacation. I put it in the fish tank anyway and apparently my neat sim can sense its stench from 20 feet away. So anyone else with this problem check inventories of everything storage and make sure nothing stinky resides.
  • CourtandStefCourtandStef Posts: 158 Member
    Good idea, about the fish tanks. My Sim only had a fishbowl, but he kept getting the uncomfortable moodlet. I could not find a problem, but when I removed the fish, the bad moodlet disappeared.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    The fish tank and fish bowl items do seem to be a cause of the umcomfortable moodlet. It is good to remove these items if you find that your sims have that moodlet, and see if it helps to remove the moodlet.

If you don't have a fish tank, check behind bookcases in case dishes have been placed there, or on half walls, or under a table or on a shelf.
    Check that there isn't spoiled food in the sims inventories or in the fridge.
  • Rina_IlyxRina_Ilyx Posts: 2 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > The fish tank and fish bowl items do seem to be a cause of the umcomfortable moodlet. It is good to remove these items if you find that your sims have that moodlet, and see if it helps to remove the moodlet.
    >
    > If you don't have a fish tank, check behind bookcases in case dishes have been placed there, or on half walls, or under a table or on a shelf.
    > Check that there isn't spoiled food in the sims inventories or in the fridge.

Its specifically the fish in the fish bowl and fish tanks so you shouldn't have to get rid of them completely. Right now I have a group of good quality fish swimming around and its fine no bad moodlets. It's the foul quality ones that caused the moodlet. Once removed my sim is fine and moving around the tank comfortably.
    Rina_Ilyx wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > The fish tank and fish bowl items do seem to be a cause of the umcomfortable moodlet. It is good to remove these items if you find that your sims have that moodlet, and see if it helps to remove the moodlet.
    >
    > If you don't have a fish tank, check behind bookcases in case dishes have been placed there, or on half walls, or under a table or on a shelf.
    > Check that there isn't spoiled food in the sims inventories or in the fridge.

Its specifically the fish in the fish bowl and fish tanks so you shouldn't have to get rid of them completely. Right now I have a group of good quality fish swimming around and its fine no bad moodlets. It's the foul quality ones that caused the moodlet. Once removed my sim is fine and moving around the tank comfortably.

Hello @Rina_llyx . It was good that you were able to find out that it was the bad fish that was causing your sims to have the uncomfortable moodlet. I should have been a bit more specific in what I wrote in the earlier post that it is the type of quality fish that causes the issue, rather than the fish tank or bowl itself. It was good that you made it clearer for other simmers :)
  • FaethfulFaethful Posts: 1 New Member
    I was having the same problem with one of my sims. After getting rid of a few items in the room that could be causing it, I found that it was the fireplace the sim didn't like. After I replaced it, the Filthy Surroundings went away. I don't know if it was because it had been on too long or of the upgrades (Fireguard and Auto Light) it had. And it never caused a fire in the house either. She was the only one in the household that had the issue and it was probably due to her Neat Trait.
    Faethful wrote: »
    I was having the same problem with one of my sims. After getting rid of a few items in the room that could be causing it, I found that it was the fireplace the sim didn't like. After I replaced it, the Filthy Surroundings went away. I don't know if it was because it had been on too long or of the upgrades (Fireguard and Auto Light) it had. And it never caused a fire in the house either. She was the only one in the household that had the issue and it was probably due to her Neat Trait.

Hello.
    Thankyou for posting what you found was causing the issue in your game :) . It will be helpful for other simmers with the same issue to sell/replace the fireplace and see if it helps their issue too.
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I had the same thing. My aquarium was the cause of it and i had to sell it. Could not replace it, because the Filthy Surroundings moodlet came back. The other aquarium that came with Spa Day had the same moodlet. Selling them permanetly fixed the issue for me.
    I had the same thing. My aquarium was the cause of it and i had to sell it. Could not replace it, because the Filthy Surroundings moodlet came back. The other aquarium that came with Spa Day had the same moodlet. Selling them permanetly fixed the issue for me.
    Hello.
    It was good that you were able to find the cause of the moodlet and that by removing it the issue was fixed. I am sorry that you are unable to have the aquarium in your build. Could you perhaps test to see if the moodlet returns if no caught fish are placed in the aquarium.
  • will681will681 Posts: 319 Member
    With the thirst bug active in the game again, are you sure that at some time your sim grabbed a drink and just didn't clean it up? To test this it'd be easiest (because sometimes those empty glasses are near impossible to find) to wait until a food item in the fridge spoils then select clean out spoiled food from the fridge menu; the sim then will also clean up any empty plates or glasses that are on your lot.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I had this same problem with foul fish in my tank and/or aquariums. Plus, be sure to check any fish you may have mounted and displayed. I had one that was foul when mounted without realizing it which caused the 'discomfort from filthy surroundings' moodlet too. I don't know if that is a glitch only in my game though. In my opinion it doesn't make sense that mounted/preserved fish could turn foul. *shrugs* Just a thought.... :)
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I had this same problem with foul fish in my tank and/or aquariums. Plus, be sure to check any fish you may have mounted and displayed. I had one that was foul when mounted without realizing it which caused the 'discomfort from filthy surroundings' moodlet too. I don't know if that is a glitch only in my game though. In my opinion it doesn't make sense that mounted/preserved fish could turn foul. *shrugs* Just a thought.... :)

Hello @Karababy52 Thankyou for posting what happened in your game with the mounted fish. It may have been a glitch, but it is a helpful step for simmers to remove the mounted fish if they are finding it hard to work out the cause of the moodlet, to see if it helps their issue.