Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Objects: How do I get the "No Recoloring" tooltip?

pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
I put some (Maxis) objects in the same thumbnail to make the catalogue easier to view, but the result is that the game thinks those objects are recolourable now (they automatically have white swatches in game as well) and gives me a "Failed Script Call" because they aren't.

What I did was changing the ID that is labelled "SwatchGrouping" in the tool I am using (s4pe ), e.g. 0x867DCF689E5B7CFB for the Maxis "Lovely Lavender Bush".

Is there a way to JUST put stuff in the same catalogue thumbnail, without making the game think one can use the Design Tool on them? How would I get the "You cannot use the recolour thing on this object" (forgot what the exact wording was) tooltip on these objects?

(Alternatively I wouldn't mind being able to Design Tool on them, but from how I understand it, they would actually have to be the same object for that to work, which they aren't.)

@SimGuruEugi?
Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• SimGuruEugiSimGuruEugi Posts: 503 SimGuru
    Unfortunately, there is currently no way to achieve what you're trying to do here. The ability to use the Design Tool is strictly derived from the fact that the object has color variants. Sorry!
  • pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    Ah well, good to know -- thanks for the quick reply!
  • pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    Actually -- just to make sure I don't misunderstand; by "the fact that the object has color variants" you do mean the colour swatch (i.e. the field where the colour code for the little catalogue swatch is defined)? Or does the MaterialVariant play a role here?
  • SimGuruEugiSimGuruEugi Posts: 503 SimGuru
    Yes, I meant the color swatch.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top