The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Huge thread with info and pictures of Outdoor Retreat

Comments

• blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    I don't see this as a neighborhood or world, I see this as a venue. Someplace to visit to experience the outdoors as in the description with camping and such. Something like visiting the vacation or magic worlds in The Sims. I agree, that price is outrageous if the venue is the only thing offered.

I won't be buying anything unless toddlers are added. If not, I am doing fine with the base game. I can wait for the sales that will come months later, but I am through with being out front and buying once released.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2014
    mikmaker wrote: »
    Maybe it's a free world like Riverview :grey_question:

I think this will be more than just a world, the pack description indicates that has gameplay elements. :) so it wont be free.

Also loving Bab's hair on that pic :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I really, really, like the idea of going camping but this is one I will have to sit back and see how much gameplay is included in it.

Will there be park rangers to tell you to quiet down if you are too rowdy at your campsite at night?
    Will you see bears, deer, or even bigfoot on a hike?
    Will you even get to hike? Or will it be chance cards like Bon Voyage tours?

So many questions! And for $20, I want to hike along with my sim.
    It's a world not an EP so I wouldn't expect too much.
    Though one thing I feel certain about is it being chance cards like Sims 2. I doubt there will be a big enough lot for sims to go on actual hikes
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    By the looks of it, there is room for at least two neighbourhoods, one on the ring road, and that fairly sized treeless bits by the waterfall, not to mention any possible off road places.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    Its definately and new neighbourhood or world!
    B5AJcEzCQAARp61.png

Hmm ring in the middle.
    Volcano or mountain?
    Volcanoes would be cool. I'm sick of boring ol' mountains!

Volcanoes should only be added games if they occasionally explode and pompeii all the sims in the vicinity.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    B5AJcEzCQAARp61.png

I say this in the nicest way possible. How could anyone pay $20 for this? it should be $10 AT MOST
    At least in Sims 3 we paid for huge world that would be usable with no limit of lots- well as many as you can fit on there.
    Sims 4 has flat landscapes and flat backgrounds with limited lots, this is probably not even as hard to make as the Sims 3 worlds.

EA, are you trying to get you money back?

We don't know what's going to be on those lots -- we've seen a campfire so a lot of outdoor activities. Become an herbalist...new collectable items? Maybe some sort of chemistry station where you can combine them and produce potions that can affect emotions? Maybe you can take those herbs home and plant them in your own garden? Would expand options for my gardening Sim who already has all the plants in the game and is now just working on perfecting them.

So it's more than just the world -- it's what goes in it that counts.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    edited December 2014
    Maybe there will be a hidden lot like forgotten grotto with Bigfoot's house :) that be cool!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    Simscommunity just found this so they will add vacations with this pack and this will be a camping vacation
    B5AW8GpCAAAIDWu.png
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Maybe there will be a hidden lot like forgotten grotto with Bigfoot's house :) that be cool!

Hidden lot in a volcano! >:)
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    B5AJcEzCQAARp61.png

I say this in the nicest way possible. How could anyone pay $20 for this? it should be $10 AT MOST
    At least in Sims 3 we paid for huge world that would be usable with no limit of lots- well as many as you can fit on there.
    Sims 4 has flat landscapes and flat backgrounds with limited lots, this is probably not even as hard to make as the Sims 3 worlds.

EA, are you trying to get you money back?

We don't know what's going to be on those lots -- we've seen a campfire so a lot of outdoor activities. Become an herbalist...new collectable items? Maybe some sort of chemistry station where you can combine them and produce potions that can affect emotions? Maybe you can take those herbs home and plant them in your own garden? Would expand options for my gardening Sim who already has all the plants in the game and is now just working on perfecting them.

So it's more than just the world -- it's what goes in it that counts.
    It's a world not a miracle, it's also still EA and I wouldn't expect much from them.
  • Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    Simscommunity just found this so they will add vacations with this pack and this will be a camping vacation
    B5AW8GpCAAAIDWu.png

Eh.

I honestly couldn't care less about vacations. And, due to this being a "vacation" world, It's very likely that our Sims won't be able to actually live in this new world-thing. And, if that is true, then I doubt I'd be buying.
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I really, really, like the idea of going camping but this is one I will have to sit back and see how much gameplay is included in it.

Will there be park rangers to tell you to quiet down if you are too rowdy at your campsite at night?

Though one thing I feel certain about is it being chance cards like Sims 2. I doubt there will be a big enough lot for sims to go on actual hikes

Looking at the map, it seems like there are two fairly large areas, and then the circular one in the middle with the statue. I bet that's the "visitor's center" where you go register for your campsite, and it probably has a general store (hopefully!)

Now if those areas are as big as many of the neighbourhoods in the currents worlds combined, there may be the option to hike. I guess we shall see!
  • GoldenkrowGoldenkrow Posts: 166 Member
    I'm a little disturbed that there is a thing called "Game Pack" now. I prefer more beefy expansions and something like this seems like it could be a part of it. What difference is game pack and DLC? I am curious what exactly comes with this, and what the price will be
    A reminder that an expansion pack is coming along, and yet somehow there are still no Dishwashers.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Goldenkrow wrote: »
    I'm a little disturbed that there is a thing called "Game Pack" now. I prefer more beefy expansions and something like this seems like it could be a part of it. What difference is game pack and DLC? I am curious what exactly comes with this, and what the price will be

I'm curious about that too since we've never had "game packs" in the sims. Only stuff packs and eps.
    edited December 2014
    B5AW8GpCAAAIDWu.png

They added paid time off in the new patch -- you start with 3 days then earn more as you work more. Obviously that was in preparation for this game pack, so maybe it'll come out earlier than we think -- maybe January?
    Fordee09 wrote: »
    B5AW8GpCAAAIDWu.png

Eh.

I honestly couldn't care less about vacations. And, due to this being a "vacation" world, It's very likely that our Sims won't be able to actually live in this new world-thing. And, if that is true, then I doubt I'd be buying.

A lot of players really enjoy the vacation packs -- one of the main complaints about World Adventures (Sims 3) was that it wasn't enough like a vacation. For romantic players, it's a way to send their newlyweds on a honeymoon, or even for long-married Sims who might not have been able to afford one when they got married. New collectible items would appeal to players who like collecting; if we can take the herbs home and plant them in our existing gardens, that would appeal to gardening players. Great storytelling possibilities too -- maybe your teen hates the idea of a family vacation in the woods but finds the guy/girl of their dreams there.

And if you have separate game packs for different destinations, players can pick and choose which ones they want. For example, say there was a game pack that featured a Las Vegas-like resort with gambling (like we had the gambling items in the Sims 3 Store). If you're completely morally opposed to gambling, or maybe you've got a gambling addict in your family so you associate bad feelings with the activity, you can pass up that particular destination. If it was forced on you in a full vacation EP you might feel like you have to pass on the whole pack to keep that content out of your game.
    edited December 2014
    Fordee09 wrote: »
    B5AW8GpCAAAIDWu.png

Eh.

Actually in previous vacation styled EP and in world adventures (saw what I did there? ;) ) you could by vacation houses to live... i guess we'll have to wait :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited December 2014

Looking at the map, it seems like there are two fairly large areas, and then the circular one in the middle with the statue. I bet that's the "visitor's center" where you go register for your campsite, and it probably has a general store (hopefully!)

Now if those areas are as big as many of the neighbourhoods in the currents worlds combined, there may be the option to hike. I guess we shall see!

Hopefully that general store will be more like the sims 2 where there were animations on the register you know sims would get in a line and wait till their turn to pay and there was a little animation of them giving money to the cashier :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    A new world would need to have lots of lots (heh) for me to even consider buying it. Though if it's only a vacation world, I'll most likely pass, at least for now. I need more places for my Sims to live, not just vacation destinations.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
    Goldenkrow wrote: »

I'm thinking it's something between an EP and an SP; offers some additional game play like an EP but not so much to be considered a full-blown EP (with EP pricing), but has more oomph to it than an SP.

Right so new information, The campgrounds will be a new lot type, this is a vacation world, a new insect collection will be released, it is quest based, There are new space adventures involving space camps and growling also there are new animations involving campfire sticks and campfires:
    B5Ad47-IEAAfmHO.png
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,416 Member
    I'm excited. Bon Voyage was one of my favorite EPs and this sounds like it will be right up my alley.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    A new world is great and it looks like I might like the feel of it.

I do have a question, however.

What does this mean for the 180 sim limit on our game? Is it increased by 90 with every world or are we going to end up with a lot of barely populated worlds due to the cap? I'm hoping the cap is raised with each new world release.
  • BudgieSimBoyBudgieSimBoy Posts: 139 Member
    So more
    Right so new information, The campgrounds will be a new lot type, this is a vacation world, a new insect collection will be released, it is quest based, There are new space adventures involving space camps and growling also there are new animations involving campfire sticks and campfires:
    B5Ad47-IEAAfmHO.png
    So more chance cards and quests to complete, I wish to get back to a true sand box game starting to feel more like Sims Medieval.
    Even more:
    Sims will become tense if they don't take a vacation in a long time
    You can reserve holiday homes
    There are rental units and once they are all gone the world is unusable
    Residence become rentals when placed in a vacation world (are we getting more)
    Go to lodging (Lodges)
    Extend vacations through phones and computers
  • Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    I do not wanna hear about Hidden Lots... LOL!!! Such a lack luster, unless they have learned what a plum-job they are.

I wanna go camping!! New Death.... Bear Attack!! :open_mouth:
    OJGRGDT.gif