Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

COLOR WHEEL!!!

I love sims, but since the new sims 4 came out I have found myself slowly losing faith in the PC game world.. YOU REMOVED THE COLOR WHEEL!!! NO!!! bring it back.. the whole reason i buy the games and expansion it to create my own world.. not make a world with boring dull choices.. I feel like you guys took away what made the game personal.. Please Bring back the color wheel or at least make it so we can customize things to our liking rather than the standard default choice..
thanks

Comments

• ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Yes The Sims 4 would be a lot better if it had more color options. I think we need a color wheel for Create a Sim and Build Mode/Magazine Mode. I would also love the ability to put highlights for any type of hairstyle :)
  • whitemage_annwhitemage_ann Posts: 63 Member
    I would like to see this option return. I always enjoyed the ability to customize items in various colors without having to deal with a large number of downloads to accomplish this goal.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Here, here. My number one wish for Sims 4 at this point. I don't have the interest in building and designing that I did in previous games. In a way that is interesting because I"m actually playing the game with the Sims live mode more than before, but I would really like my color options back. Personal opinion only here, you can keep the pattern part of CAST out of the game if its a performance issue, I rarely used it except for the animal prints, but I recolored all the time....
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Also an official exterior (outside the game) program for Create a Style would be cool. I would love to add NEW color presets, as well as patterns f.e. for flooring :smiley:
  • VININIANNEVININIANNE Posts: 252 Member
    I think it would be great. Or at least, bring us color sliders...for more choices of color tones
  • TroubleSimmerTroubleSimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    I think so, too ! I love the color wheel. You can make diffrent kinds of people and you can design your houses and sims how ever you like. I hope a modder or EA can do it ! :) o:) <3
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    The in game rugs are horrible. They all look grey. I'm so sick of grey.
  • MLPTSMLPTS Posts: 461 Member
    yush, dis in needed.
  • jewels21jewels21 Posts: 11 New Member
    Me, too! I so miss have the swatches and color wheel to customize more.
  • sunnishine_28sunnishine_28 Posts: 730 Member
    > @CaseyleeOx said:
    > I love sims, but since the new sims 4 came out I have found myself slowly losing faith in the PC game world.. YOU REMOVED THE COLOR WHEEL!!! NO!!! bring it back.. the whole reason i buy the games and expansion it to create my own world.. not make a world with boring dull choices.. I feel like you guys took away what made the game personal.. Please Bring back the color wheel or at least make it so we can customize things to our liking rather than the standard default choice..

Yes, a thousand times yes. Bring back color-customizable (and patterns!!) clothing, furniture, hair, skin, & eye color. The current limited color choices get repetitive and stale really quick.
    "I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hope, and the dreamer of improbable dreams."
  • ash_marie86ash_marie86 Posts: 2 New Member
    Everyone would like to see color customize-able options come back! I miss those options and the ability to change and customize the color of my hair, clothes, patterns, walls and floors. Please bring them back!!!!!
  • simsilversimsilver Posts: 562 Member
    Honestly, I dont mind having color wheel or not. CAS system in TS4 is the best i've ever used. Are they not worthy? :*
  • MaddygrifMaddygrif Posts: 6 New Member
    I loved the Color Wheel.
    I really, really want it back.
  • Fuchur01Fuchur01 Posts: 72 Member
    Oh yes, I miss the color wheel so much. It is so difficult to find furniture thats match. Especially the plankets and pillows on the bed.
    Checkout my creations here.

OriginID: Fuchur01

7wq7trn5vdx.png
  • KalebsmommaKalebsmomma Posts: 88 Member
    i would love to have the wheel back! i get bored with the same colors. plus i hate to add so many mods to add color!
  • NagaoNagao Posts: 49 Member
    Having to download CC is so annoying. I hope we get recolors back
  • WaterHornetWaterHornet Posts: 352 Member
    Sorry guys but it probably wont happen without SUBSTANTIAL work done to the game code. What you see is what you get and that's about the end of the story there. :( Hate to bear bad news but what they SHOULD have done was work The Sims 3 color wheel code into the game. They already had it and have a deep understanding of how it works. But this is the price you pay for "innovation".
  • nate3300nate3300 Posts: 51 Member
    I know that they said they didn't add it because of performance issues, but what if they added all the basic colors to each piece of clothing and then added an intensity slider to make the shade of the color lighter and/or darker?
    Nate3300Simmer
  • SimSaraSimSara Posts: 534 Member
    On one hand, I would REALLY like more color/texture options.. on the other I felt like it was a bit overwhelming in TS4.. there was soo many textures to go through which took foreverrr to load, so much messing around with colors. I guess I would like simplified version of CAS, if possible. I want to be able to have more options and to be able to customize things.. but also for there to be some sort of limit on it. I also want more content in general.. there's only so many styles, I mean I mix and match a bit.. but it's too much of the same thing.
  • sunnishine_28sunnishine_28 Posts: 730 Member
    > @nate3300 said:
    > I know that they said they didn't add it because of performance issues, but what if they added all the basic colors to each piece of clothing and then added an intensity slider to make the shade of the color lighter and/or darker?

That might be a good compromise if they can't give up the full color wheel.

I never had gameplay issues related to most of S3 features that were left out of S4. It's really hard to not to go 0 to 60 on the frustration scale when they've removed so many basic (and should've have been base-game) features and they've barely given any of them back.
    "I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hope, and the dreamer of improbable dreams."
  • BoyInsomniacBoyInsomniac Posts: 37 Member
    I don't remember because it's been so looongg... but was the Colour wheel available at first release with TS2 and TS3??
    Perhaps TS2&TS3 started out with basic colours then evolved to the Colour Wheel later on (Which I'm surely hoping is what's happening with TS4)
    I liked your comment @CaseyleeOx about The Sims being a place to explore unreal things and kind of take your imagination past all possible limits and escaping from the real world! That's what I'm all about as well and I feel very constricted with the limited colour choice! If I wanted normalcy, I'd play Club Penguin :'D
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    Just adding a 'me too'. I just downloaded a ton of cc walls and floors, something I wouldn't have done in TS3 because I could change the colour as I wanted with the colour wheel. I found myself always picking the same options to match with the furniture colours they gave us, it drives me mad!
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    The only way I can find is... Adjust the HSL (Hue-Saturation-Lighting) of the texture.

Hmm... I'm not sure about the result..
  • CaveSimCaveSim Posts: 99 Member
    I don't think that EVER going to happen!! They might add more swatches, to all the game. especially on the ones that don't have many!!
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    gotta have that wheel back or we are pretty much living in the same house, sitting on the same couch and sleeping on the same bed, everything looks mundane without having more colours choices for our preferences.

The Sims Game