Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Every sim is black when I started my game.(NOT like the race) Major glitch

nkruckelnkruckel Posts: 3 New Member
edited December 2014 in The Sims 3 Mac Discussion
I installed The World's Bundle expansion pack. After I did that I went to the Main Menu of the game to play my family and the girl was completely black. I went to Create-A-Sim to see if it would change and it didn't help. All you see is her hair, eyes, and lips with her skin complexion not showing up. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing my latest University expansion pack. That didn't help either. I need help please!!!!

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Please give us more details, like what kind of Mac you have, what kind of graphics card, etc.

Also, remember to check out the first page of this thread.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/748338/a-mac-users-best-friend-please-read-before-posting-any-new-problem-threads/p1

Happy Simming. :D
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • CrystalMiner2364CrystalMiner2364 Posts: 54 Member
    > @nkruckel said:
    > I installed The World's Bundle expansion pack. After I did that I went to the Main Menu of the game to play my family and the girl was completely black. I went to Create-A-Sim to see if it would change and it didn't help. All you see is her hair, eyes, and lips with her skin complexion not showing up. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing my latest University expansion pack. That didn't help either. I need help please!!!!

YOU'RE NOT ALONE.

I have kinda have the same one but only the face turns black (not the race XD) and there is no way to change it back.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    I have had the same problem. What I did was move my Sims 3 folder to the desktop. Don't worry your saved games are safe. Start up the game and remember that you will not have any Store worlds or CC or mods installed at this point. Only the game items and worlds. Go into Create A Sim and see if the sim is still shadowy black. I believe it was a piece of CC (not Store CC) that caused this problem. Once you eliminate the problem, you can add your CC, mods, saved games and Store content back.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.