Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FireFlower29.....The World Isn't Always A Pretty Place! 0_o :

FireFlower29FireFlower29 Posts: 168 Member
edited July 2017 in The Sims 4 Lots
So much has happened in the few months the game has been out!! :)

I finally got started building. Nothing fancy, just my usual. I'm staying in the arena of cabins and run-down rat infested hovels. That's my niche and I'm sticking with it! LOL

I found I did well with community lots in Sims 3, so I might tackle those too :cold_sweat:

I still follow the creed of no custom content :smiley:

Have fun all!!
Post edited by FireFlower29 on

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello :) You needed to have 50 points and 30 posts to become a member and be able to post pictures and links in the forums. You have now become a member so you will be able to post them now. Simmers sometimes find it hard though to post pictures in posts that they made when they were called new members, so it might be good to post your pictures in a new post in this thread.
    I will look forward to seeing pictures of your builds :)
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Thanks for the heads up! They didn't work. Try them here and see what happens.

The Cottonwood: 2 bedroom, 1 bath starter

Looks like it worked :)

I'll grab the interior shots tomorrow.
  • Options
    The Deer Camp and The Cottonwood are very nice cabin homes. :) The exteriors of them are very nice. Very nice wraparound porch in the Deer Camp build! Nice sitting area on the porch for sims to enjoy sitting on the chairs in the sunshine. The front porch in The Cottonwood is nice. It looks nice how you have placed the flowers either side of the front steps on the edge of the porch. The plants are nice on the porch for sims to see when coming to enter the home. The type of windows that you have used in the homes and how you have placed them looks nice.
    They are very nice starter homes :)
  • Options
    Thanks Rose :) You're always so kind and I look forward to your feedback. Very appreciated!

The Cottonwood was my first build in Sims 4, and while working on the Deer Camp I learned of roof trim! Things are somewhat the same as 3 but lots of differences too. Always learning!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Now that I've figured out how this new system is working, I finally grabbed the screenshots and the links for the gallery.

They aren't nearly as fantastic and beautiful as many of the builds I've seen, but I couldn't build wonderful if you paid me :wink:

The Cottonwood is my first Sims 4 build, so it was a severe learning process as I got used to the changes. Overall, it came out pretty good!

It's a quaint starter coming in around $21000.

• Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Really like your log cabins!! Great designs!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    The interiors of The Cottonwood and Deer Camp are very nice :) The layout of the interiors are very nice. The flooring in the living, kitchen and dining area of Cottonwood looks nice. Nice living room area for sims to enjoy sitting resting on the sofa there watching tv , reading a book from the bookcase and warming up in front of the fire. It looks great how you have angled the tv into the corner of the room. The red circular floor rug under the dining table in Deer Camp adds a nice touch to the room. It is great that you have a double and a single bed in the home, and it looks nice how you have placed the beds in the build. The clothes shelves look nice that you placed them on the side walls near the beds. The patterns on the beds in the homes suit the type of homes.
    Both homes are very nice! :)
  • Options
    MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    Your homes are so sweet-warm and cozy! Nice work!
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    edited December 2014
    Your builds are very adorable! :D
    They're both cozy, wonderful, and great price too. Personally, I don't use CC's in TS4, and I hope Maxis will make a log cabin-related items in this game. ;)
    Gonna love them. :)
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    Thanks Tiki, Rose, Mandy & RyeCris! (((hugs)))

@ RyeCris: I wasn't crazy about using a cc wall either, but for the effect I did. I suppose I could have used the wood panel wall but it just wouldn't have been the same. I learned with Sims 3 how easily cc can take over your game and sometimes kill it. One thing I particularly appreciate with Sims 4 is that no matter what we do, cc does NOT install with nor attach itself to uploads! This gives downloaders the option to use or not. It's still early on with this series but I don't want to run into lagging/crashes and the other issues we ended up with in 3 from cc, expansions and stuff packs so preparing now :) I was surprised when I didn't see one log wall while building considering how popular it was in Sims 3, especially with Pets. If/when EA gives it back, I'll replace the cc and upload the no cc version. Until then.......

I have final exams today & tomorrow so no building until at least tomorrow night. :'(

Have a wonderful day all!
  • Options
    Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Your cabins are rustic and cozy, as a cabin should be. Beautiful! :)
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Thanks for the wishes Rose! Exams are now finished, and to unwind I grabbed the Holiday pack and built a Christmas themed woodland cabin. I didn't use the log walls on this one. Game items only :)

@Chris - Thanks! Rustic and cozy are my mainstays even in reality :)

Dunno if it's just me, but building in 4 seems to go a bit faster than it did in 3.

Have a wonderful evening all! (((hugs)))
  • Options
    Woodland Christmas Cabin is a very nice festive themed starter home! :) The snowflake stars banners on the front exterior of the home look nice. Very nice front porch! The type of chairs that you have used there are great! The snowman and the Christmas wreaths on the walls are nice for sims to see when they are sitting on the seats there. The planter box window and the flowers on the porch look nice there. It looks great how you have placed the large trees in the build, and the sides hedge fencing looks nice. Nice side area seat bench sitting area for sims to enjoy sitting outdoors in the air.Very nice layout of the interior of the home. The wooden texture of the interior and exterior walls looks nice. It looks nice how you have placed the Christmas tree in the corner of the room and garlands on the windows. Nice wall dining nook area. The red candles there look festive. It looks great how you have placed a fish that a sim has caught on the wall there. The kitchen floor paving looks great. The bed area is nice. The type of picture that you have placed on the bedhead wall suits well the woodland theme of the build. The red colour of the sofa is nice for the Christmastime theme of the home.
    It is a great home :)
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Awww! That look so beautiful! <3 I love your log cabin Christmas home! Love all the decor items you have added! So pretty! Now where are the presents under the Christmas tree? LOL! Great job! :D
  • Options
    yanti68 wrote: »
    Awww! That look so beautiful! <3 I love your log cabin Christmas home! Love all the decor items you have added! So pretty! Now where are the presents under the Christmas tree? LOL! Great job! :D

If there were presents I would have gladly added them! Didn't think until later I could have just thrown some toys there but I'll try that next time!
    Thanks for the feedback!

@Rose - I commend you for having the patience to notice and then write such detailed feedback! You truly look at everything and see in your minds eye what this might be like in game. Thanks for that!

B)
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    Wow very nice! Will look great in Granite Falls!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    Wow very nice! Will look great in Granite Falls!

Thank you! I have them all in the cheapskate corner, they seem to fit well there :)
  • Options
  • Options
    Morning!

Thanks Rose! I think I'm going to tackle it both 3 & 4....in 3 I can build it on a hill which would be a challenge. Haven't tried that before.

I've noticed that many people are still playing both games and I still enjoy building in 3, so maybe I'll make creations for both. I lost all the cabins I had made in 3 when my computer crashed last year :( So now I need new ones anyway :)
  • Options
    No updates on this build yet.....have to finish knitting a scarf my son wants for Christmas!

Have a wonderful weekend all! (((hugs)))
  • Options
    Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Love your cabin decorated for Christmas. Those chairs on the porch are perfect!! :) I haven't tried the buydebug cheat, I will have to try that out. :)
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    Thanks Chris! Unfortunately, when BronyRae tested it the MOO'd objects worked fine while the buydebug items disappeared. Not that many would notice but it is a caveat I hope the crew at Maxis corrects soon. The buydebug items are some of my favourites!

Have a wonderful day! ;)
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Merry Christmas! :D
    Woodland Christmas Cabin is very adorable and perfect for Christmas. :D
    I adore your architecture and landscaping. I like the use of wood paneling, very cabinish feel. Your plants are very adorable too, suits in the lot very well. And your interior, amazing! Love the use of furnishing.
    Gonna love it. :)
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    I hope that your Christmas knitting went well and that you were able to finish the scarf for your son. I hope that you are having a very nice weekend too :)