Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you create themed neighborhoods? Show me!

Comments

• yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    yanti68 wrote: »
    Lovely! Your neighbourhood looks amazing! :D I would like to create a themed neighbourhood too. I have always hesitated bulldozing the community lots because I thought that my game would get corrupted? Did you experience any problem after bulldozing all the Maxis made lots? I would love to have a neighbourhood with empty lots! :D
    @Yanti68 Thanks Yanti! :D I did not have any problems bulldozing a neighborhood. In fact, I have heard of people bulldozing the entire world and starting from scratch and not having any problems. I am thinking about bulldozing both worlds and making one world all residential, and the other all community lots. However, I have decided to wait and see what we get out of the coming patches and the first EP before I attempt this.

Ed

Thanks Ed! I am now very tempted to start my own themed neighbourhood! Think I will wait for the expansion packs to come out. We badly need more build and decor items! :D
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    Isn't there anyone out there that has pictures of a themed neighborhood? I would really like to see them.... :\

Once I finish mine, I'll post pictures. I'm currently just completely redoing Willow Creek...but I need to wait for the mod to delete the venue requirements before I can actually finish, sadly.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    edited December 2014
    I love your themed neighborhood ehaught. The architecture and adobe theme looks fantastic! I have a themed neighborhood for my legacy family's neighborhood. I like the idea of a cohesive street when I'm playing them. Here's a few pics, I titled it Wisteria Lane. :)

BeFunky_11-11-14_7-55nbspPM-5-Copy2jpg_zps350e3c13.jpg

11-11-14_7-55nbspPM-4_zps9dfef2a4.png

11-11-14_7-56nbspPM_zps48f812a1.png
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    I love your themed neighborhood ehaught. The architecture and adobe theme looks fantastic! I have a themed neighborhood for my legacy family's neighborhood. I like the idea of a cohesive street when I'm playing them. Here's a few pics, I titled it Wisteria Lane. :)

BeFunky_11-11-14_7-55nbspPM-5-Copy2jpg_zps350e3c13.jpg

11-11-14_7-55nbspPM-4_zps9dfef2a4.png

11-11-14_7-56nbspPM_zps48f812a1.png

@Chris2fer03 Now, that is what I am talking about! Great neighborhood, Chris! I love the theme. It reminds me of a neighborhood I grew up in. Great job!

Merry Christmas, Chris! :D

Ed

fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    This thread inspired me to make an old Japanese themed town :D I'm replacing all the lots! I'll post pics once I get further...not much done yet.
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
    This thread inspired me to make an old Japanese themed town :D I'm replacing all the lots! I'll post pics once I get further...not much done yet.

Can't wait to see it!!! :D

fkgck4xkargo.png
  • cameonet1950cameonet1950 Posts: 2,138 Member
    @ehaught58: I did many times in TS3, including in a of couple YOUR custom-made "Worlds" but I'm sure you don't want any of those pics HERE. ;) BTW: Excellent job. It reminds me of the Tucson AZ neighborhood my aunt lived in during her final days. Love it!
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Hinnoriel Hinnoriel Posts: 118 Member
    I'm on the verge of renovating my entire game I'm gonna delete all the Sims except for a select few and most of the lots. Even my legacy since it's not really fun to play anymore not without a family tree :(
    comewhatmaysignature1_zps04fe51b2.jpg
    @ehaught58: I did many times in TS3, including in a of couple YOUR custom-made "Worlds" but I'm sure you don't want any of those pics HERE. ;) BTW: Excellent job. It reminds me of the Tucson AZ neighborhood my aunt lived in during her final days. Love it!
    @cameonet1950 Thanks Cam! :D Merry Christmas! <3

fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Thanks ehaught, I had a blast creating it. It definitely makes playing my legacy family more enjoyable and realistic. Looking forward to seeing more of your planned developments, I need to get started on another. Happy New Year! :)
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    edited December 2014
    Great idea for a thread!

I also bulldozed both neighborhoods and created all new neighborhoods in my game. Some places looks like a construction site (buildings in progress) and others are finished.

I divided my 2 Neighborhoods in sections:

1. Downtown (Community Lots)
    2. Apartments
    3. Modern Housing
    4. Parks Pools and Malls (Community)
    5. Upper Class (Palaces and Mansions)

Will post sections of neighborhoods as we go along lol

These sections works well 4 me in the play game but I still wish there were more lots available lol <3
    Post edited by Zita1966z on
    BTW some awesome neighborhoods of the others. Love them all
    [img][/img]JnpE0SD.jpg

Section of my Neighborhood 4 apartments
    Ok, this is my last 4 now. The others are still under construction. This section of my neighborhood is called the lower income.
    [img][/img]fac6jMp.jpg
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Advance Happy New Year to everyone!
    Very awesome neighborhoods! Very well done everyone. :D
    I want to share mine too! But it takes a longer time to make it. Hopefully by year 2015, LOL!
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
    Great idea for a thread!

I also bulldozed both neighborhoods and created all new neighborhoods in my game. Some places looks like a construction site (buildings in progress) and others are finished.

I divided my 2 Neighborhoods in sections:

1. Downtown (Community Lots)
    2. Apartments
    3. Modern Housing
    4. Parks Pools and Malls (Community)
    5. Upper Class (Palaces and Mansions)

Will post sections of neighborhoods as we go along lol

These sections works well 4 me in the play game but I still wish there were more lots available lol <3

WOOOOW!!!! Those are awesome, ReneVeronicaZIta! Did you make all of the lots in the neighborhoods? You are quite the builder! :o Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to see more! :D

I am in the process of building an old western neighborhood. I have about half of it finished and I will post pictures once I am done.

KEEP THEM COMING, PEOPLE!!!! :D

fkgck4xkargo.png
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    I have no idea what this theme would be, but all the houses are the same, ish. Rounded roofing, some diagonal rooms(minus one house), produce gardens...

It's the "Legacy District" for my apocalypse story :p

KLiwezj.png
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
    candace92 wrote: »
    I have no idea what this theme would be, but all the houses are the same, ish. Rounded roofing, some diagonal rooms(minus one house), produce gardens...

It's the "Legacy District" for my apocalypse story :p

KLiwezj.png

Hey, candace92! :D I really like your neighborhood. It has an arid-planet colony kind of feel to it. Looks great! ;)

fkgck4xkargo.png
    [/quote]

WOOOOW!!!! Those are awesome, ReneVeronicaZIta! Did you make all of the lots in the neighborhoods? You are quite the builder! :o Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to see more! :D

I am in the process of building an old western neighborhood. I have about half of it finished and I will post pictures once I am done.

KEEP THEM COMING, PEOPLE!!!! :D

[/quote]

@ehaught58 I'm so humbled and honored to receive a compliment from one of the greats. Thank you so much. Yes I have build every lot myself. Took 4 ever but hey, its the love and passion that makes it worth our while. Will most definitely upload when others r done. BTW it's 1 minute before New Year - So happy 2015.. <3