Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you create themed neighborhoods? Show me!

ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
edited May 2017 in The Sims 4 Lots
I bulldozed all of the lots in one of the neighborhoods in Oasis Springs and created an adobe themed neighborhood. Check it out....

6eM4e23.png
XdqaqnU.png
ERqZNRJ.png
OKprOFq.png
74I7Pim.png
WFTfPhG.png

Have you ever made a themed neighborhood? If so, post it here. I would like to see other examples. It will inspire me, and other builders!
fkgck4xkargo.png
"If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
Post edited by ehaught58 on

Comments

• CrazycatldyCrazycatldy Posts: 4,588 Member
    I've never done this because I'm not much of a builder, but as always you've done a very nice job. I look forward to seeing what others have done in their neighborhoods.
  • SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    I have not. I did build one adobe house once. :)
    Yours is beautiful as always.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • htairchix3htairchix3 Posts: 875 Member
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    I bulldozed all of the lots in one of the neighborhoods in Oasis Springs and created an adobe themed neighborhood. Check it out....

6eM4e23.png
    XdqaqnU.png
    ERqZNRJ.png
    OKprOFq.png
    74I7Pim.png
    WFTfPhG.png

Have you ever made a themed neighborhood? If so, post it here. I would like to see other examples. It will inspire me, and other builders!

@ehaught58, I have so many of your buildings from the Sims3. Your such a wonderful builder. I'm so glad to see you bring your talent over to the Sims4. Great job on this neighborhood, It is a place the Sims would be so Happy to live in. ;)
  • TiipiiTiipii Posts: 103 Member
    That is an amazing looking neighborhood!

I play with what Maxis gave us -I'm not much of a builder myself.
  • stephymacstephymac Posts: 79 Member
    I made the neighbourhood I grew up in once in the Sims 3, but I don't have any screenshots. It didn't look very nice from the outside anyway. I spent most of my time replicating the inside of the houses.
  • LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
    I made an entirely Japanese game all the lots were Japanese and I made Japanese sims and just pretended townies were tourists but I deleted that save file so I can't show you. I bulldozed all the houses and put giant shift + ] dollhouses in all the lots before too lol. Idk why.
    Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.
  • debykaydebykay Posts: 124 Member
    Your houses are beautiful. That is my favorite style of architecture. It reminds me of a subdivision I used to live in. Again, a very good job. I have never attempted to create a themed 'hood. I may try it. Thanks for the idea.
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    htairchix3 wrote: »
    ehaught58 wrote: »

6eM4e23.png
    XdqaqnU.png
    ERqZNRJ.png
    OKprOFq.png
    74I7Pim.png
    WFTfPhG.png

@ehaught58, I have so many of your buildings from the Sims3. Your such a wonderful builder. I'm so glad to see you bring your talent over to the Sims4. Great job on this neighborhood, It is a place the Sims would be so Happy to live in. ;)

^^^ Agreed. I love your work and I have quite a bit of your sims 3 lots. :)

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    Your adobe themed neighbourhood looks great! :) The homes are very nice! The exterior designs of each of the homes are very nice. It looks nice how you have placed the trees and plants in the builds.
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Waaaaah, I want to be talented and creative :'( Sigh.

Thank goodness for the gallery.

That neighbourhood is amazing @ehaught58. I think I remember you from past Sims forums, maybe Sims 3?
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    Tiipii wrote: »
    That is an amazing looking neighborhood!<br />
    <br />
    I play with what Maxis gave us -I'm not much of a builder myself.

I only use what EA/Maxis provides for us, too. I had a lot of problems with CC in the Sims 2 and have not used any since. It really helps me to keep my hair and sanity! LOL

fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    WOW! Love your neighborhood. I honestly HATE the desert, but your houses make me think I can start to like it more. :)

I've done themes for Willow Creek, but they are more like low class, middle class, and high class.
  • Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    Say what you want about The Sims 4, but the building seems like such a step up.

I don't build that much, so, I wouldn't know.
    But, anyway; lovely house dude, great, great, great work!

Seriously, these houses look beautiful. Really well done.
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
    stephymac wrote: »
    I made the neighbourhood I grew up in once in the Sims 3, but I don't have any screenshots. It didn't look very nice from the outside anyway. I spent most of my time replicating the inside of the houses.

How fun! I might have to try building my childhood neighborhood! Thanks for the idea..... ;)

fkgck4xkargo.png
  • htairchix3htairchix3 Posts: 875 Member
    @ehaught58, Do you think you will make a western town like you did in the Sims 3? It was a favorite of mine.
    htairchix3 wrote: »
    @ehaught58, Do you think you will make a western town like you did in the Sims 3? It was a favorite of mine.

@htairchix3 Thank you hatairchix3, building the western towns in Sims 3 was a lot of fun. I would love to make a western town in the Sims 4, but I think I will wait awhile and see how this game develops before I attempt doing it. As things stand right now, the game does not lend itself towards what I want to see in a western town.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    Hey @ehaught58, hope you don't mind but I've moved this over to Creative Corner.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
    Hey @ehaught58, hope you don't mind but I've moved this over to Creative Corner.

No problem. I was not paying close attention as to where I was posting this when I posted it. I thought I was in the Creative Corner and discovered after I posted that it was in the wrong section. I was expecting you to move it. What took you so long? LOL :p
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    WOW! Love your neighborhood. I honestly HATE the desert, but your houses make me think I can start to like it more. :)

I've done themes for Willow Creek, but they are more like low class, middle class, and high class.

I would love to see them! :D

fkgck4xkargo.png
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Lovely! Your neighbourhood looks amazing! :D I would like to create a themed neighbourhood too. I have always hesitated bulldozing the community lots because I thought that my game would get corrupted? Did you experience any problem after bulldozing all the Maxis made lots? I would love to have a neighbourhood with empty lots! :D
    yanti68 wrote: »
    Lovely! Your neighbourhood looks amazing! :D I would like to create a themed neighbourhood too. I have always hesitated bulldozing the community lots because I thought that my game would get corrupted? Did you experience any problem after bulldozing all the Maxis made lots? I would love to have a neighbourhood with empty lots! :D
    @Yanti68 Thanks Yanti! :D I did not have any problems bulldozing a neighborhood. In fact, I have heard of people bulldozing the entire world and starting from scratch and not having any problems. I am thinking about bulldozing both worlds and making one world all residential, and the other all community lots. However, I have decided to wait and see what we get out of the coming patches and the first EP before I attempt this.

Ed

fkgck4xkargo.png
    Fordee09 wrote: »
    Say what you want about The Sims 4, but the building seems like such a step up.

I don't build that much, so, I wouldn't know.
    But, anyway; lovely house dude, great, great, great work!

Seriously, these houses look beautiful. Really well done.

@Fordee09 Wow! :D Thank you very much, Fordee09! That was a nice compliment! :D

fkgck4xkargo.png
  • SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    Those are beautiful homes. Are they available on the gallery? If so what's your origin ID?

I'm not a very good builder so I don't have a theme. But, I bulldozed all the homes in one of the neighborhoods (not Oasis Springs. I forget what it's called) and replaced them with homes I downloaded off the gallery.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
    SimSwim2 wrote: »
    Those are beautiful homes. Are they available on the gallery? If so what's your origin ID?

I'm not a very good builder so I don't have a theme. But, I bulldozed all the homes in one of the neighborhoods (not Oasis Springs. I forget what it's called) and replaced them with homes I downloaded off the gallery.

@SimSwim2 Thanks SimSwim2! :D My origin ID is ehaught58. They are all available in My Gallery. You do not have to be a builder to create a themed neighborhood. Using downloads work, too! ;)
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    Isn't there anyone out there that has pictures of a themed neighborhood? I would really like to see them.... :\
    fkgck4xkargo.png