Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW: ASK A SIMGURU – 11AM TO 12 NOON PST TUESDAYS

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited February 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SimGuruLyndsaySimGuruLyndsay Posts: 339 SimGuru
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Will NPC's like policeman, robbers, firefighters and repairman possibily come back? I hate that the only options to repair stuff are either get a new and spend a ton of money or have my sim repair it and take a huge time doing so while also having a chance of him dying.

Is it possible to make carpools come back?

Is it possible to even add lifestages to the game?

Is it possible for you guys to take a look into the bear NPC? Sometimes he does not wear his outfit but still makes sims all around get tense.

Thanks

We never say never - we're always listening to what you guys are looking for and figuring out ways to integrate those elements into the TS4 universe.

I can't comment on what future content might be though. I'll ask the team about the bear thing. Interesting. Maybe other Sims just KNOW :)
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Hello simgurulindsay,

If ever you are looking for future content ideas for the sims4 feel free to look at this thread http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/812219/sims4-workable-washers-and-dryers-dishwashers/p1 and your welcome to use the posted pictures as design ideas
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    Good morning Gurus. I wanted to start out by saying thank for showing that you are listening to the community by adding family trees into the game and I'm so glad to have seen a few of you around the forums lately. Please continue to interact with us and listen to our suggestions. I'm personaly grateful.

Now for my questions.

I was talking with @blueasbutterfly the other day about traits and we both had a topic we were interested to hear more about.

Why are traits in cas limited to three (besides the bonus trait)? There was talk that having any more traits would result in sims "acting strangely". Strange in what way? What are some interesting bugs you came across while testing traits? Also, why do traits bought with Aspirations points seem to work and adding more cas traits will not?

I just thought of a few more questions; Why can't we select more "family tags" in cas? Like cousin, bf/gf, and step-sibling? (right now it's limited to wife/husband, sister/brother, daughter/son, mother/father)

Is it possible to add a "normal" walk for elders? Right now the default walk for elders is to slouch and while some older people in real life (young as well) may walk with poor posture, not all old people walk that way and it would be nice to have a walk that was like the other life stages (even if it wasn't the "default"). You don't have to answer this question if you are unable but, please consider it. Sometimes I find the bad posture with elders in this game a bit off putting and have to use more "dramatic" styles just as "feminine".

Thanks in advance for any answers you can provide for this topic. :)

2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Hinnoriel Hinnoriel Posts: 118 Member
    Whats the best Idea you've gotten from simmers?
    comewhatmaysignature1_zps04fe51b2.jpg
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Good Evening

I would like to ask if it would be possible to sell the expansion and game packs of the sims 4 in retail stores with the serial code only?

Thank you for your time

great idea i totaly agree with your idea 100%
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Just a note to bring something to your attention. I had two sims living apart and while they were apart, the male upgraded all his appliances and sinks and things in an effort to get to level 10 handiness so he could go to the grotto to fish.....

So when I did move them in together at her house, I replaced all her things with the things that he upgraded. But after doing that, they weren't recognized by the game somehow and they kept getting whims to buy a stove, or buy a fridge for not owning a necessity. Also, things he brought with him like his punching bag and treadmill were not recognized either and he kept getting whims to buy those again even though they were right there.

I also wasn't able to drag leftovers to the fridge or dishes to the sinks he replaced either.

Ok, that's a strange one. I am raising a ticket with the team now...
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
    Are lockable doors on the horizon?
    Also, are you all planning on returning assigned beds or being able to assign beds?

Thanks a whole bunch for the new patch! I'm really enjoying it!

I miss door locks too. I can't promise anything about what might come up in the future.

Glad you like the new patch.
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited February 2015
    first thanks for the fixes i hope we get all bugs fixed soon, congrats for the 15 aniversary and i hope see more of this
    now for what i want

i posted this:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13262574/#Comment_13262574
    well summarizing i want hear from a guru, they personnal toughts toward this feature, you really feel with open world does not fit in the sims game, that feature in the sims 3 was really bad, i'm really tired to hear from others simmers which open world is trash, which dont work, who never we gonna see this in the sims 4 and all bla bla bla i want a honest tought toward i, if your team is really talking about it, discussing about if is possible add back or no if indeed without offend is really to expensive or hard, because for me and a lot of players open world means immersion which is what the game lack with that big amount of load screens everywhere, the sims 3 was a great step for improve the game i feel bad too see that conception being throwed away because of bugs which never get fixed, what peoples wanted was just a improviment toward it. i'm not asking for dates or things like that i just want hear from dev they toughts toward it, how hard was and how hard still and what you are thing about it

2 - like scobre we want "smart" sims, i think this become clear which the guru which told in the past which peoples dont want smart sims was really wrong and not in touch with community we want smart sims and this is possible, if you look to that mods:
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=547028
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=547026
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=546533
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=545100

is possible to have sims playing by themselfs, many peoples actually like to watch, maybe can be good you try to make a little "team to just focus on the sims AI
    currently they can virtually do anything which peoples are asking in the story progression, they can have babies, can move* to others families can break all we need is have the right adjusts and a team dedicated to it, then this could lead to a really awesome storyprogression like sims 3 (but also will need a open world)had with nrass, all is needed have peoples dedicated to do that.

*could be possible to allow npcs sims move out without a load screen, i see a guy made a mod where the option to move is enabled for autonomous sims however when a npc autonomous move, this make the game change the current played sim to that sim, could be interesting if possible to change to make load screen come only if the current played sim, if this happen with a nonplayed then will be a automatic action without load screen.

3 about the current storyprogression - we can have really real changes here, because really the current storyprogression is not working or working completly different from what we wanted, that culling sims is not what we wanted, we wanted a storyprogression where instead of keep random generating and delet sims we wanted see families progressing have childrens progressing in work, they childrens grow have work, have romance and things like that, this current culling, making everyone cheating, and the 180 limit is really annoying we can see changes here?

4 - and again about relationship i asked a long time and a guru answer which they will look then i just want to remember if possible, allow romance between cousins(only with players you can make the autonomous not being able to do only the player), afar i know this sort of relationship is legal even in usa and for some storytelle i feel incomplet without it for a great family drama, and when we have a teen couple if one age first to young adult, possible to continue the romance instead of get reseted is really sad see a relationship get broken because of the age

5 - about the current size of the world if we can see that cities "grow a little more", because currently they look more like villages than cities.

6 - about the 32bit thing we can hope see this game being updated to 64 bits in future???

7 - add arcades and lanhouse lots, for teen and childs and bring back consoles for my sims can play in pair too not just alone and aways being of pc, we need the classic back i want to have my sims being able to play together

and really thanks for finally looks like you are learning and finally stop all the "silence in forum" that was really bad, have everything happening only in twitter and fb and here we looking like forget peoples, because 180 characters is more easy to work >.>.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
    Anshin wrote: »
    Anshin wrote: »
    PLEASE, will terraforming / terrain sculpting be added to the game?

It's a challenge, but I'd like to see it.

Can you actually confirm if terraforming will eventually be added to Sims 4?

Also, any word on split levels?

Thanks!

I can't confirm anything in particular as you know. But we're certainly looking at more fun ways to expand the build tools available in the game.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Just a note to bring something to your attention. I had two sims living apart and while they were apart, the male upgraded all his appliances and sinks and things in an effort to get to level 10 handiness so he could go to the grotto to fish.....

So when I did move them in together at her house, I replaced all her things with the things that he upgraded. But after doing that, they weren't recognized by the game somehow and they kept getting whims to buy a stove, or buy a fridge for not owning a necessity. Also, things he brought with him like his punching bag and treadmill were not recognized either and he kept getting whims to buy those again even though they were right there.

I also wasn't able to drag leftovers to the fridge or dishes to the sinks he replaced either.

Ok, that's a strange one. I am raising a ticket with the team now...

Thanks! :)

Moodbeamy wrote: »
    Hi Gurus! I'd just like to say a huge thank you for the Geneology addition in today's patch! I know you can't talk about future content, however, I would like to ask, we will be hearing news on upcoming content soonish? Only, I've been pondering over the 'Celebrate the Sims' banner quite a lot and I've (along with many others) spotted quite a lot of things that seem... new? (Police outfit, clown, alien, to name but a few). I'm not asking you to talk about future content, I'm just asking, can we expect to hear news on that front soon? I understand if you can't answer and I'd just like to take this opportunity to once again thank you for the wonderful patch you have released today! Keep up the good work! :D

Lol, you are right, we can't comment on anything you may or may not have noticed in our Celebrate The Sims banner... what I can say is that you should keep your eyes on our Latest News sub forum. When we have something to say, we will post it there ;)

Glad you like the Patch!
    SimGuruBChick

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2015
    One more thing, I'm sorry to ask twice, but can you guys please add the ability to change the last name of sims when they get married?

Also will you do anything about the skills of children not passing over when they age up?

Thanks again :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Good Evening

I would like to ask if it would be possible to sell the expansion and game packs of the sims 4 in retail stores with the serial code only?

Thank you for your time

We know that some of our players have been asking for a retail store version of our Content Releases. We do investigate all kinds of business models for getting content into our players' hands. Needless to say, we have no announcements at this time.
    SimGuruBChick

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
    First off - celebrating the 15th anniversary. Thanks for the whim lock and bartender and mantel-fire fixes!

In the spirit of the thread, I'm no longer making suggestions, only asking questions. Might have slipped up there.

Also - no longer asking for removal of careers. That's what hider mods and default replacing are for.
    - Why is the harvestable quality scale so misleading? Sims will complain about food made with Normal through Very Nice produce. Are they really that snobby? TS3, TS4, and TS4 internal quality scale in this order:

Horrifying, Normal, Sickly (TS4 plants start here)
    Putrid, Nice, Frail
    Foul, Very Nice, Meager
    Bad, Good, Scrubby
    Normal, Great, Common (TS3 plants start here)
    Nice, Excellent, Sturdy
    Very Nice, Superb, Hearty
    Great, Magnificent, Vigorous
    Excellent, Pristine, Lush
    Perfect, Perfect, Pristine

I'm not sure about the harvestable quality scale. But Sims are only aware of the final quality of the food, not the quality of the produce used.
    Still looking for why "Normal" through "Very Nice" produce lowers food quality. I use Normal quality vegetables in a dish. The dish comes out "Good" (instead of "Excellent") and my Sim whines about "Bad Ingredients" and how using cheap ingredients isn't so tasty.

Also still baffled as to why there's both Secret Agent Villain and Criminal Boss.

Also - why the pre-WooHoo cheer? That may be appropriate for a Bro, but seems really out-of-character for most.

I'm talking to the designers right now about the ingredient scale. It certainly isn't working quite the way we want. and it's certainly confusing. Basically, as you said in your table - a "normal" plant is actually of lower quality but is being labelled as normal and it is confusing. We'll be looking into this to sort out. Sims are a bit snobby, but probably shouldn't be quite so sensitive

Sims are generally excited about woohoo :)

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Hi there is a bug with the tents that causes the woohoo interaction not to show on community lots. The woohoo option easily pops up on them on a homelot but when on a vacation your lucky if it does.
    I am a little confused about the family tree because in my game the relationships haven't changed. I have a mom that got married and she has a daughter but its still saying the half sister is a sister to the daughter and the step dad is nothing to her. But in the family tree it says the sister is a half sister to her and the person the mom married is her step dad. Can you explain how its suppose to work.

Are you talking about the differences between how you're seeing relationships in CAS v geneaology? The Genealogy panel will show a greater level of detail in relationships than you will see in CAS.
  • SimGuruLakshmiSimGuruLakshmi Posts: 73 SimGuru
    Hi all! How are you this Tuesday?
    Scobre wrote: »
    Thank you so much for the help last week finding the rotating tools and happy Anniversary Sims! I also can’t type happy enough for the family tree patch coming today.

Can we get smarter Sims?
    Can our Sims take care of their children better?
    Since the UI and loading screens are causing headaches for many Simmers, can the white color of them be changed to blue and can the icons be increased in size?
    Why do the genetics seem broken since the December patch?
    Can our Sims eat faster?
    Why is linear game play being forced on all players and then we are punished if we don’t want to play that way like having the game kill a child for failing, unsuccessful party, or unable to move on in a career? We either have to resort to not doing those activities or mod them out.
    I know this is a silly suggestion but since there is a big unicorn stuff animal in the game, would it be possible for the Sim children to scream “It’s so fluffy!” in Simlish?
    If toddlers are ever added could there be an age up option for all life stages and aging up early come without a consequence for aging a toddler up early?
    Will there be a forum party on the anniversary?

Can we get smarter Sims?
    Can our Sims take care of their children better?

- We are always looking at Sim behavior and ways to make them more believable. If you have specific examples of behavior you'd like to see, we'd love to hear them.

Since the UI and loading screens are causing headaches for many Simmers, can the white color of them be changed to blue and can the icons be increased in size?

- We've heard the feedback about the UI and we're looking at things that we can do to help.

Why do the genetics seem broken since the December patch?

- What part of genetics is broken? I know there was a bug fixed about constant twins, but I don't know of any other genetics trouble.

Can our Sims eat faster?

- We are looking at Sims eating, there have been a few things we've found to improve there. If you have noticed specific behavior that seems to cause the delay, it would be helpful to know. Thanks!

Why is linear game play being forced on all players and then we are punished if we don’t want to play that way like having the game kill a child for failing, unsuccessful party, or unable to move on in a career? We either have to resort to not doing those activities or mod them out.

- Our goal is to create a fun game for you to play, but also allow the game to get out of your way. Sometimes it seems like we have not found the right balance yet. We will keep looking at this.

I know this is a silly suggestion but since there is a big unicorn stuff animal in the game, would it be possible for the Sim children to scream “It’s so fluffy!” in Simlish?

- What do you think that Simlish would be? :)

If toddlers are ever added could there be an age up option for all life stages and aging up early come without a consequence for aging a toddler up early?

- We already have the ability to age up early, and don't punish for it.

Will there be a forum party on the anniversary?

- Sounds like a good idea!
    I'm a Game Designer on The Sims. I started working with Maxis on The Sims 2. :D
    Hi there is a bug with the tents that causes the woohoo interaction not to show on community lots. The woohoo option easily pops up on them on a homelot but when on a vacation your lucky if it does.

Thanks for raising this. We have seen a couple of people mention this and we are looking into it. We are not sure if it's a bugged tent or something else. We will let you know when we have tracked it down.
    SimGuruBChick

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited February 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    To all those people who have asked if we will have a Forum Party, that is a TERRIFIC idea :smiley:

No promises but who know what might happen tomorrow ;)
    SimGuruBChick

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Hi Gurus,

I have a quick question on Parties & guest attendees. In regards to possible guest attendees, I noticed that the person planning the social event only sees the people they know. Which makes parties sort of limited as you can't invite people your other family members know. Is this is bug/glitch or is it supposed to be setup this way? In other Sims games it was who the 'household' knew. I was just curious.

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited February 2015
    another thing i forget, could be possible add a option for birthday events to "not age sims", when you use the cake during a birthday event the automatic age can be turned off and the sim can blow off the candle without age?? for we can have a better freedom and be able to make more birthday partys?? i love make birthdays party but i feel restricted because i can only celebrate one time per life stage of a sim and few which for roleplay could be fun celebrate when the sims reach half of his current life stage or any other moment like if a sim have a total of 80 days then i can make a party when he is at 40 or 30 and he not age but can be cool, any possibility toward it?.

another thing a way to not only rotate houses but the full lote when you add a house from the galery, most houses come with a specific direction look and turn then is a little painfull because currently you can only rotate what is "inside the house" the garden party no, then some houses come with a garden and fences made to look to a specific side and you can only rotate the house and need manually turn the garden and fences could be coll a way to rotate everything(also garden part).
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top