Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone see Origin is releasing Sim City 2000?

bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
edited December 2014 in Off Topic Chat
Just got the email today where Origin is releasing Special Edition Sim City 2000 for pc. Omg, so excited. I played SC 2000 back in 1995-96 when it was first released, for hours and hours. So much fun! Forgot to say, it's FREE!

Thank you Origin!! <3
In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.

Comments

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    edited December 2014
    Oh wow. I'll have to get this. Though I enjoyed Sim City 2004 more in the long run, this is the game that got me into computer games period. Granted, it was also when I had my first computer, which was a Mac, and they made a Mac version of this game. I played this game to death during college.

Thank you for alerting us :D
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Oh exciting. I vaguely recall playing it before, don't remember what I thought of it, but I can't argue with the price. :mrgreen: Thanks for pointing it out.
    Drifting back into the thread....

All I want for Christmas is Arco-logy! Arco-logy! Arco-logy!

All I want for Christmas is Arco-logy, that's what my cities will be...

:p
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    Money does not grow on tree, study concludes
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • MAFEBISIMAFEBISI Posts: 160 Member
    My favorite is the SimCity 4. Including integration with The Sims 2 (a kind of Create a World). I thought TS4 would have a kind of integration with "SimNeighbourhood 5," oops, SimCity 5. But I'm enjoying also the SimCity 2000.
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    I remember SC 2000 still have the disk and books for it actually . Looks like I'm gonna have to find them books and figure all that fun stuff out again .
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    SimCity 2000 Special Edition is up for grabs on Origin, so go quick and grab it! :D
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Don't tell me what to do!
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    [img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/gross_no_thank_you_supernatural.gif[/img]
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited December 2014
    I honestly can't handle the graphics. They're too outdated, IMO (SC 2000 was released in 1993). I'm willing to give it a try though. Anyways, I'm happy that we're even getting these freebies. :)
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    edited December 2014
    sims152318 wrote: »
    I honestly can't handle the graphics. They're too outdated, IMO. I'm willing to give it a try though. Anyways, I'm happy that we're even getting these freebies. :)
    Better than TS4!
    Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    edited December 2014
    I honestly can't handle the graphics. They're too outdated, IMO. I'm willing to give it a try though. Anyways, I'm happy that we're even getting these freebies. :)
    Better than TS4!
    tumblr_n0aexqanJM1rrutvoo1_250.gif
  • SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    I grabbed it. I've never had any of the SimCity games.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Jimil wrote: »
    Better than TS4!

Lana Banana wasn't smiling for very long tho...
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »
    Jimil wrote: »
    Better than TS4!

Lana Banana wasn't smiling for very long tho...
    She is still too disappointed about the game, I guess.
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    LOL moved the Off Topic section.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited December 2014
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Just got the email today where Origin is releasing Special Edition Sim City 2000 for pc. Omg, so excited. I played SC 2000 back in 1995-96 when it was first released, for hours and hours. So much fun! Forgot to say, it's FREE!

Thank you Origin!! <3

HI! How are ya!
    I never had any SimCity before. I grabbed this one. Will get to try it soon.

Edit:
    Wow! I just realized two post have been combined. Was very confused for a few minutes. Now it seems I have replied twice. :p

ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Cool! I have 3000 unlimited and it doesn't work :'( So I'll grab this.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited December 2014
    I honestly can't handle the graphics. They're too outdated, IMO (SC 2000 was released in 1993). I'm willing to give it a try though. Anyways, I'm happy that we're even getting these freebies. :)

old graphics dont always equal bad gameplay . Maybe companies like EA could learn from that fact .
  • kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    So, what's it like, really? I've never played the SimCity -games. I'm kind of thinking I probably wont find it interesting. But, getting it free, I think I might as well try :)
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    It was addicting and enjoyable back in the day when I couldn't afford a higher end pc for gaming. Downloaded it for nostalgia.
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
    going back to it, graphics aren't too bad. but that music....... :o
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    I just downloaded it and had it open for a few minutes and didn't know what to do!. So I exited. Where do I start?. I have never played any of the Sims City games.