Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unable to start: Cannot start because the required game data is missing or damaged (SOLVED)

Comments

• scientiamemoriascientiamemoria Posts: 2 New Member
    > @scientiamemoria said:
    > I just downloaded TS4 and added my very first CC (hairs) to the Mods folder. The error mentioned in this thread happened right away. No matter where the CC comes from, as long as there is CC in that Mods folder, I get this error. Is there something I need to do to enable CC in the game like with previous Sims game versions? I just find it odd that all CCs from many different websites (including ModtheSims) won't work :(

Never mind, I figured it out on my own :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    > @scientiamemoria said:
    > I just downloaded TS4 and added my very first CC (hairs) to the Mods folder. The error mentioned in this thread happened right away. No matter where the CC comes from, as long as there is CC in that Mods folder, I get this error. Is there something I need to do to enable CC in the game like with previous Sims game versions? I just find it odd that all CCs from many different websites (including ModtheSims) won't work :(

Never mind, I figured it out on my own :)

I am glad the issue has been fixed :)
  • samm1001samm1001 Posts: 1 New Member
    same thing happend to me and it is cc you dont need to reinstall game cc will just mess it up again just take out the cc folder put it in documents and then it might take long (depending on how much cc you have) but to quicken it take small portions of cc and put them back in and see if game runs good keep doing that untill you reach the cc the the game give error message on
  • Nikki_Nikki_ Posts: 2 New Member
    I deleted the folder inside the mods folder i think tht the problem
    Nikki_ wrote: »
    I deleted the folder inside the mods folder i think tht the problem

Hello @Nikki_
    Are you receiving the error message in this link?
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2015/02/cannot-start-because-required-game-data-is-missing-or-damaged/

Broken or corrupt cc /mods may be causing the issue. Have you been able to fix your issue? If you haven't, move your mods folder to the desktop then start the game. A new mods folder will be generated. Exit the game, then put your mods/CC back into the new mods folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.
  • MabyuluvmeMabyuluvme Posts: 3 New Member
    yeah, ive been looking around the internet because my game is doing the same thing i deleted ALL of the mods i had and still nothing i tried to repair my game ,that didnt seem to work ether SO,.. i tried deleting my game and reinstalling still did not work PLEASE HELP!
    Mabyuluvme wrote: »
    yeah, ive been looking around the internet because my game is doing the same thing i deleted ALL of the mods i had and still nothing i tried to repair my game ,that didnt seem to work ether SO,.. i tried deleting my game and reinstalling still did not work PLEASE HELP!

Hello @Mabyuluvme .
    Are you receiving the same error message?
    Try moving your mods folder to the desktop. Then try to start the game. The generating of a new mods folder may help the issue.

If the issue remains , try right clicking the origin icon on the desktop and click " run as administrator " and see if that helps,

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.

• MabyuluvmeMabyuluvme Posts: 3 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Mabyuluvme wrote: »
    >
    > yeah, ive been looking around the internet because my game is doing the same thing i deleted ALL of the mods i had and still nothing i tried to repair my game ,that didnt seem to work ether SO,.. i tried deleting my game and reinstalling still did not work PLEASE HELP!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Mabyuluvme .
    > Are you receiving the same error message?
    > Try moving your mods folder to the desktop. Then try to start the game. The generating of a new mods folder may help the issue.
    >
    > If the issue remains , try right clicking the origin icon on the desktop and click " run as administrator " and see if that helps,
    >
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
    OMG THANKS bunches All i had to do was move my mods folder to my desktop and...IT WORKED!!!! THANK YOU YOURE A LIFE SAVER
    Mabyuluvme wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > Mabyuluvme wrote: »
    >
    > yeah, ive been looking around the internet because my game is doing the same thing i deleted ALL of the mods i had and still nothing i tried to repair my game ,that didnt seem to work ether SO,.. i tried deleting my game and reinstalling still did not work PLEASE HELP!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Mabyuluvme .
    > Are you receiving the same error message?
    > Try moving your mods folder to the desktop. Then try to start the game. The generating of a new mods folder may help the issue.
    >
    > If the issue remains , try right clicking the origin icon on the desktop and click " run as administrator " and see if that helps,
    >
    > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
    OMG THANKS bunches All i had to do was move my mods folder to my desktop and...IT WORKED!!!! THANK YOU YOURE A LIFE SAVER

You're welcome :) Happy Simming!
  • juliajewelz2juliajewelz2 Posts: 1 New Member
    You guys! don't stress, I found a way to help it. Same happened to me, & i nearly had a heart attack xD but don't worry. Make a new folder and cut all the mods and paste them into ur new folder, it will be fixed, but if u still wanna keep ur cc, you will have to cut little sections of ur cc from ur new folder back to ur mods folder, but make sure you don't get the one thats making ur game say that. Just take little sections. If it doesnt work, take some out and put it back in ur new folder. Hope I helped! [:
    You guys! don't stress, I found a way to help it. Same happened to me, & i nearly had a heart attack xD but don't worry. Make a new folder and cut all the mods and paste them into ur new folder, it will be fixed, but if u still wanna keep ur cc, you will have to cut little sections of ur cc from ur new folder back to ur mods folder, but make sure you don't get the one thats making ur game say that. Just take little sections. If it doesnt work, take some out and put it back in ur new folder. Hope I helped! [:

Hello @juliajewelz2 :) Welcome to the forums.
    I am glad that your issue has been fixed. :)
  • PoppyAnn17PoppyAnn17 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi can someone help me?
    I have read through this whole page, and I have the same error. I decided to get rid of all my CC and redownload the game and it still doesnt work. Does anyone know what I can do?
    PoppyAnn17 wrote: »
    Hi can someone help me?
    I have read through this whole page, and I have the same error. I decided to get rid of all my CC and redownload the game and it still doesnt work. Does anyone know what I can do?

Hello @PoppyAnn17 .
    I am sorry that you are having this issue.
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView" files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" and "custom music" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated files/ folders with the old files/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder. Don't add back the old mods folder.
    Then try starting the game and see if that helps the issue.
  • robyncss0721robyncss0721 Posts: 12 New Member
    > @leckyloo320 said:
    > Hello! I'm sure there has been a thread about this, but I've looked all around the internet for answers, and none of them seem to work. SO, I'm making my own thread. I go to Origin, go to My Games, then click play on The Sims 4, but it says this:
    >
    > Unable to start:
    >
    > Cannot start because the required game data is missing or damaged. Please try reinstalling the game.
    >
    > [85262c58:29f00e76:00000000]
    >
    > I thought it may be something in my CC, because I add new CC every day. I tried uninstalling the CC I had added from that day, but it didn't seem to work. Then, I tried emptying my cache, but that didn't seem to work either. I have never ever had this problem before, and I've been adding CC since the game came out. Does anyone know of a solution? I really don't want to have to lose my CC and start a new game!

Guys...._"""""""""""""Anto_S4Hair_Rocha.package""""""""""""" got problem making the game can not start, don't use it
  • DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    edited May 2016
    Thank you @rosemow! This thread saved my game! My stories and my simming life! Lol! Thank you so much for this informative thread, I have bookmarked it in case I ever need reference again. <3
    Thank you @rosemow! This thread saved my game! My stories and my simming life! Lol! Thank you so much for this informative thread, I have bookmarked it in case I ever need reference again. <3

You're welcome :)
  • zssimmerzssimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    Unable to start:

Cannot start because the below file appears to be corrupted. Please repair or reinstall the game via Origin.

/Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/Delta/SP05/ClientDeltaBuild0.package

[bdbb60ea:29f00e76:00000000:00000000]

came up when i tried to play but i have no CC... What do i do?
  • zssimmerzssimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Unable to start:

Cannot start because the below file appears to be corrupted. Please repair or reinstall the game via Origin.

came up but i have no cc...
    zssimmer wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »

Unable to start:

came up but i have no cc...

Hello @zssimmer .
    Shut down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then log into origin and try launch the game and see if that helps.

If the issue still remains, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    I remember that happened to me once and it took me a while tovfind it when it was just a hair
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • PupTheSimmerPupTheSimmer Posts: 3 New Member
    > @leckyloo320 said:
    > Hello! I'm sure there has been a thread about this, but I've looked all around the internet for answers, and none of them seem to work. SO, I'm making my own thread. I go to Origin, go to My Games, then click play on The Sims 4, but it says this:
    >
    > Unable to start:
    >
    > Cannot start because the required game data is missing or damaged. Please try reinstalling the game.
    >
    >
    > I thought it may be something in my CC, because I add new CC every day. I tried uninstalling the CC I had added from that day, but it didn't seem to work. Then, I tried emptying my cache, but that didn't seem to work either. I have never ever had this problem before, and I've been adding CC since the game came out. Does anyone know of a solution? I really don't want to have to lose my CC and start a new game!

I've been having the same problem, but I emptied all my cc out of my Sims 4 Electronic Arts folder, and it still does not work! I hope someone here can help me.
    > @leckyloo320 said:
    >
    > Unable to start:
    >
    >
    >

I've been having the same problem, but I emptied all my cc out of my Sims 4 Electronic Arts folder, and it still does not work! I hope someone here can help me.

Hello @PupTheSimmer
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

If you still have issues, try right clicking the Origin icon on the desktop and click “ run as administrator”, and see if that helps.
  • PupTheSimmerPupTheSimmer Posts: 3 New Member
    @rosemow

I did all of that, and the error still pops up, I'm not sure what I did wrong, yesterday it worked fine, and then when I went into Origin today it happened.
    @rosemow

I did all of that, and the error still pops up, I'm not sure what I did wrong, yesterday it worked fine, and then when I went into Origin today it happened.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue.

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Try uninstalling and reinstalling Origin and see if that helps.