Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sherry's Builds:: New:: Ole Mining Town

sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
edited December 2014 in The Sims 4 Lots
Hey friends! It's been a long time, I know! Lot's of things happening here in the backwoods. :P Anyhow, I have several builds on the gallery, and I hope to get in game to take some pics soon. Here is one of my most recent: Mid Century Amore. It is 3 bedroom 2 bathroom. It has a large galley kitchen, large dining room, cozy living room and a garage converted into a gym/crafting room. Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979 As always: CC FREE
Front of House
OupM75O.png
nmvU0z4.png
L6lSBVM.png

Entrance and Living Room
kgfFcjv.png
BAuOBeA.png

Dining and Kitchen
T0vSmo3.png
T1Qj1mB.png
KktKUgQ.png
2WVAwJc.png

Master Bedroom and Bathroom
gDZRXuK.png
kMOJ1Dh.png
HuAcGML.png
eCODT56.png

2nd and 3rd bedroom and bath
gFqM92U.png
11SyGQf.png
57nBJ1E.png
upRLA8Q.png
75WLTQt.png

Garage
lRUBQ19.png
DMWoy2F.png

Back of House
Hutb4m9.png
lVa8gu9.png

Areal View
jjNrCpC.png

Any downloads and favorites are appreciated, but not necessary! Thank you for taking your time to look! -Sherry
My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
Post edited by sherrylynn8779 on

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello :) It is great that you are building in Sims 4! Mid Century Amore is very nice! Nice exterior design of the home. It looks nice how you have placed the flowers and plants on the front edges of the home. The enlarged vehicle in the driveway looks great. Very nice back patio area! Sims will enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating their meals at the table there in the outdoors air. It looks nice the type of fencing that you have used there. Child sims will have fun playing on the monkey bars. It looks very nice how you have placed the windows in the build.Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The clothes wall shelf, shoes rack and fruit bowl on the counter in the entrance area are nice home touches there. Very nice living room! The red and black colours of the seating look nice together.It looks nice how you have placed and angled the tv in the corner nook. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the seats there watching tv, reading a book from the bookcase and warming up in front of the fire. They will enjoy playing the guitar there too, or like sitting there listening to the music being played. Very nice design of the kitchen! The blue and yellow colour scheme of the kitchen cabinets and counters looks great, and the grey kitchen wall tiling looks nice. It looks very nice how you have created a kitchen pantry! Very nice dining room. The fruit bowl on the dining table and the fruit pictures on the wall are nice for sims to see when dining there. The shelves look nice how you have placed them on the walls. Very nice master bedroom! The blue colour scheme of the room looks very nice. Nice corner armchairs sitting area. It looks nice how you have placed the windows on the corner walls there. The vanity table is very nice. It looks nice how you have placed the picyures on the bedroom wallls for sims to enjoy seeing whilst laying in bed. The brown and green colour schemes of the 2nd and 3rd bedrooms looks nice. Sims will enjoy using the gym equipment in the garage to keep fit, or enjoy doing woodcrafting and painting there.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    Thank you @rosemow for the kind compliments on my house! I am sure glad to see your wonderful posts still grace the forums, brightening up the place! Hugs!
  • DippyDesignsDippyDesigns Posts: 1,809 Member
    Hi Sherry! I found you in the gallery and I am following you now. I love your Mid Century Amore, great job <3
    My Origin ID is DippyDesigns

DIPPY DOODLE on Facebook

644362_1491605541100631_1472781576571833276_n.jpg?oh=c0019c8ce2de98a0158c1aba60509bc8&oe=57C1A708

• superbibi11superbibi11 Posts: 486 Member
    Hey Sherry! I like very much Mid Century Amore, expecially the colours you chose: the yellow and the light blue for the kitchen, the orange for the dining room, the red and black sofas in the living room.
    It's a very nice house! I found you in the gallery and and now I'm following you :)
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    Nice Sherry. I like the way it looks from the front and colour choice is lovely. :)
  • Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    I really like this build, it is beautiful inside and out! Love the use of the windows on the interior walls, that is genius and it looks awesome! I'll be sure to fav this one! :)
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    I'm going to catch-up my comment before the typhoon strikes in our place.
    Mid Century Amore is very adorable! :D
    Your architectural part is very adorable. I like that architectural layout and shape. Great use of roofing too, I like the trims. Your landscaping part is very adorable too. I like the use of plants, even the fencing at the front side, and use of hedging at the left side too. And your interior part is very adorable as well. I like the use of wall and full-length windows as a split-area of some rooms. Also, I like the mixing of different furnishing styles.
    Gonna love it. :)
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
    edited December 2014
    @Rosemow: That would be awesome! :smiley:
    @DippyDesigns, @superbibi11, @sawdust, @Chris2fer03, and @RyeCris16 thank you so very much for your wonderful compliments on my build. I really appreciate it!
    edited December 2014
    Got a new build for you all! I've been working on this one slowly since I last made Stonehaus Village, which has received so much love lately! I hope to see this get just as much, because it was a labor of love and frustration! So without further ado, I present Ole Coal Mining Town, this was built to resemble an old town. It has several small houses, a root cellar, mercantile, "post office", school house, public bath house, outhouse, barn that has been converted into a "poker house" even though there are some animals running around the paddock :wink: , a nice park with a lake and swim-able "river", as well as lots and lots of harvestables. I kind of had Little House on the Prairie on my mind as I was building this, just thinking about how the small houses were set up, etc. There is a larger house on the lot, this I thought would make a great "Mayor's house". I tested this lot in game and it works wonderfully. The townies visit, sleep, eat, play on the "typewriters", use the facilities, etc. The gardener comes and tends the harvestables, but I think s/he is lazy in my game because all he did was spray for bugs. I ended up having my sim water the gardens. I labeled it as a park, but it can be used as any venue or residential (though residential would not bring the town to life like keeping it a public venue would). This lot would be great for storytellers.
    Front of Lot:
    Sm7JUno.png
    FpQMjvY.png
    Areal View
    4NOYuQV.png
    5um1sfB.png
    Zj0LsCN.png
    Poor Man's Cabins
    oLuN3b6.png
    N5hnvnk.png
    The Ingal's Place (didn't get very good pics, I guess)
    http://i.imgur.com/jqVDLzb.png
    KBkMjUb.png
    qqDeLSA.png
    The Schoolhouse
    hcEoaDh.png
    T9AkuCq.png
    The Mercantile
    35GaAmU.png
    m3q6mL1.png
    KPFP4kw.png
    The Root Cellar
    olkFgrU.png
    GP6ANiR.png
    The Post Office
    XfhBwk5.png
    VrgVnul.png
    The Public Bath
    1biG6ep.png
    tUxLig6.png
    The Old Barn/ Poker House
    JVfXcFM.png
    nhq0qzt.png
    xbPC9Mm.png
    The Mayor's House
    R3t8Z4w.png
    3luk2U4.png
    4i3teWp.png
    y4XzdKE.png
    The Farmhouse (because it is beside the barn)
    9HGuK3E.png (the wood looking house)
    6p5d6hr.png
    V9TCtdH.png
    Some landscape and gardens
    CpcX1XK.png
    Blooper "HEY! Get that horse out of the dining room!!! I'm eating here!" -- You might want to coral the horse in it's own fence, as this will happen with kids visiting the lot. lol
    w49g64e.png
    Post edited by sherrylynn8779 on
    Ole Coal Mining town is a great town build! :smile: The design of and layout of the build is great! It looks great how you have all the various types of homes and community buildings in the build! The exteriors of all the buildings are great! It is a great town for sims to enjoy visiting all the different places there! Very nice furnishing of each of the buildings to suit the type of home or community lot building that it is. It looks great how you have set up the desks in the schoolhouse! It looks nice how you have pool in the Public Bath. It looks nice how you have built different types of homes to suit the types of people that would live there. Very nice community garden area! It looks nice how you have placed the plants there, for sims to enjoy coming there and harvesting the plants. It looks great how you have placed the card tables in the Poker room for sims to have fun playing games on the tables. The barn looks great! It looks great how you have the open barn doors. The enlarged animals in the fenced area looks great! Very nice curved roofing on the root cellar. It looks very nice how you have furnished the Mercantile! The floral town streetlights that you have placed through the build add to the nice look of the build.
    The build is a very detailed lot with many areas, features, buildings and sections in it! It is a great town build! :)
    @Rosemow, thank you so much for your wonderfully detailed compliment of my little town! I appreciate it more than I can tell you!
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    YAY for sims 4 builds Sherry! :D I saw them on the gallery and I was hoping that you would post pictures here in the forums. Love both your builds but my favourite is the village! WOW! So much of character and details! Well done! Will add both your builds to my favourites if I haven't done already. Great to see you building for sims 4! Hugs :D
    Thank you @Yanti68! I am really enjoying building these larger "towns"; they challenge me to think more creatively. I also like doing the single houses, but I think I enjoy the other better! lol. Thank you for the fav! :smiley:
    Ole Coal Mining Town is very gorgeous!
    I like that canyon feel in your lot. Very great farm area, spa, office, saloon, etc. Your placement in Oasis Springs also fits very well too.
    I love it! I'm adding this to my favorites. :D
    Thank you @RyeCris16 I really appreciate your kind words on my little town! :smiley:
    So, I have a problem with a build I am working on. I started it on a lot that is entirely too big and I am not entirely sure if I will be able to move each of the rooms to a smaller lot. I don't want to scrap the build because it is a super detailed shape and I am not sure if I could get it to that level of detail again, but I don't want to keep it on this lot either... what to do...what to do?
  • Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Wow! Such a cool and creative build! I love the concept of a whole town and I'm partial to the coal mining theme. I'm from a town where coal mining is the major source of jobs for local residents. :) Beautiful build, great job! :)
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
    Congratulations for the Maxis feature on your Ole Coal Mining Town. :D
    Very deserving and it's a very great town. :)
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Ole Coal Mining Town is a superb creation, great imagination and great building, congratulations :D
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Congrats Sherry on the Maxis favourite! Love your Ole Coal Mining Town! <3
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Hi Sherry Ole mining town is amazing, so beautifully detailed. Hugs Folly
    edited December 2014