Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Want Slow Dancing In The Sims 4

kylrifflekylriffle Posts: 13 New Member
edited December 2014 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
The slow dance was my favorite interaction in the Sims 2. In Sims 3, I liked that it was put in there, but it did not draw me in like its predecessor had. Now, of course I want it in the Sims 4. I think it would work well with the smoother animation style, and possibly have more of an emotional impact on a player like myself. There are a lot of 'aww' moments in the Sims 4, but this would take the cake--plus, I would absolutely love for newly wed Sim-couples to have their first dance, or for the teens to have their prom or something of the latter.

I have actually typed two entire Tumblr posts just on this topic. I've copied and posted an extract from one of them of how I saw it. Yeah, it's a lot, but that just shows how much I really want it (but of course, that's not my decision to make if it gets put in there or not.) I'd post the pictures that went along with the post, but it would make this way longer than it should.

TL;DR: I want slow dancing, so I've posted my idea of it.
P.S. If you guys see slow dancing in a different way, if you guys want Slow Dancing to be simpler or more complex, or just want slow dancing, I want to hear it.

Slow Dancing:

Can be a hidden skill. It can also be an actual skill, but since there are only five levels (I could actually come up with), I’m not sure which one’s better. I’m thinking hidden.

Can be used by Sims aged Teen-Elder. I thought about the children, too, but I thought maybe a micro version of it would suit them more (like in the Sims 2. No additional interactions).

Probably needs at least 15 friendship points between the Sims to be accepted. The better the relationship, the better chance the dance happens in the first place. Positive emotions preferred. (Not sure how the Points system works actually.)

Should and WILL improve/decrease both friendship and romantic relationship levels.

If other Sim rejects a Slow Dance, both Sims receive Awkward Encounter moodlet or something of the sort (-10 points?)
Radios are optional (yay for dancing outside and under the stars or in the kitchen with the stove burning—hold on, getting a bit ahead of myself.)

Slow Dance Options/Interactions I thought of by Level:

Level 0-1:
Sims will not be that great at slow dancing. No, actually, I want to see them suck at it. I want that to be as obvious as a Sim who first started playing the violin.

Sim will have a pretty good chance at stepping on partner’s foot, which gives a ‘toes crunched’ moodlet to the victim. It could happen to either Sim. That Sim will become Tense. Other Sim will receive “two left feet” moodlet, and will become Embarrassed. Stepping on feet will impact relationship negatively.

Level 1-2:
Sims will be more comfortable dancing, but still are a bit shaky and sometimes unaware of each other’s feet. I can see Perfectionist Sims becoming Tense and Nervous, making sure they are doing it right.

Level 2-3:
Sims will now have the ability to spin their partner around.

Sims chance of stepping on partner’s foot has decreased by half.
Sims now have the ability to Dance Close which will be in place of regular slow dancing. Make sure friendship/relationship level is decent.

Level 3-4:
Sims can dip their partner—but they could accidentally drop their partner on their back occasionally… which could cause embarrassment for them both and thus stops the dancing. Or an evil, mean, mischievous Sim can drop them on purpose. (I can also see a drop-then-catch prank here under Mischief, which would probably 🐸🐸🐸🐸 the victimized Sim off if they are hot headed or don’t have a good relationship with the Sim).

Level 4-5 (max):
Chance of stepping on partner’s foot has completely depleted. They are now experts at this point.
Now have an additional interaction called ‘waltz’ which will start a waltz, which will last for ten Sim minutes before they start dancing how they were initially again. (Kind of Like Beauty and The Beast or Sleeping Beauty without the girls tugging at their dress. It might not be considered slow dancing at this point lol.)

*dipping, spinning, and other interactions involved with the Slow Dance can be idles and do not need the man/woman behind the computer screen to make them do it unless warranted.

Additional Interactions under Dance Close (these work better with good relationship and flirty mood):

First Kiss
Head on Shoulder (From Sims 2).
Peck
Normal Kiss
Deep Kiss (which lasts longer… I’d say with tongue but I remembered it was a rated ‘T’ game.)
Whisper in Ear (make it soft and sweet)
Lower Hands
Touch Foreheads*
Confess Attraction/Love (Like in some movies. This could end very well or absolutely terribly.)

Other Things for Slow Dancing (Which I didn’t fit in one place or another):

Evil/Mean Sims can step on feet or drop their partner on purpose.
Romantic Sims will build this skill quicker and be more successful at completing the romantic whims with it.
Hot Headed Sims will most likely yell at or slap the Sim that stepped on their foot.
Loner/Non-Committal Sims will need a higher friendship/relationship score or they will not accept a Slow Dance at any point.
Confident Sims will have an additional interaction where they pull their partner’s face in for a deep kiss, which stops the dancing and the kiss lasts for a few Sim seconds before they slowly separate.

So, that was it...
Post edited by kylriffle on

Comments

• Options
    InnuendoPlumbobInnuendoPlumbob Posts: 140 Member
    This game is Teen rated though.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    > @InnuendoPlumbob said:
    > This game is Teen rated though.

I know. What did I put that was seem to not fit the rating?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    (Deleted)
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    Don't feel bad dear, its a good idea, S4 definitely needs more support in dancing.

Ballet, old disco moves, breakdance heck even new dance like twerking would be a refreshing addition. :)
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    Great idea @kylriffle. I have sent it to the team.

standard caveat: We love ideas, we look at them all, some of them might make it into the game, some of them might not. Please don't let that stop you putting your ideas forward.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    > @SimGuruBChick said:
    > Great idea kylriffle. I have sent it to the team.
    >
    > standard caveat: We love ideas, we look at them all, some of them might make it into the game, some of them might not. Please don't let that stop you putting your ideas forward.

Thank you so much!!! I am literally crying over here!!! I'm just glad it was seen! :)
  • Options
    > @AnnePlays said:
    > Don't feel bad dear, its a good idea, S4 definitely needs more support in dancing.
    >
    > Ballet, old disco moves, breakdance heck even new dance like twerking would be a refreshing addition. :)

LOL, twerking!
    I want all of these! I like the Sims 4 dancing, but yeah, it really needs more support. :smile:
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Why would anyone hate you?
    Anyway: I like your ideas a lot.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I would love to have slow dancing back. I kind of would love other types of dancing as well like swing and tango.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    > @astridentanja said:
    > Why would anyone hate you?
    > Anyway: I like your ideas a lot.

Thank you. :smile:
    I felt like people hated me on here because in the past, anytime I brought up an idea or something, I would either be ignored or shot down, so when I got that first reply, I didn't understand, so I immediately broke down and thought they were messing with me. I compare it to Post-Traumatic Stress. Plus, with all the negativity people have about this game, it just throttled my anxiety. I'm like that in real life also.

I admit, I assumed that, and I shouldn't have.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2014
    Actually I am rather negative about this game myself, but I like your ideas on slow dancing anyway ;)
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    kylriffle wrote: »
    > @astridentanja said:<br />
    > Why would anyone hate you?<br />
    > Anyway: I like your ideas a lot.<br />
    <br />
    Thank you. :smile: <br />
    I felt like people hated me on here because in the past, anytime I brought up an idea or something, I would either be ignored or shot down, so when I got that first reply, I didn't understand, so I immediately broke down and thought they were messing with me. I compare it to Post-Traumatic Stress. Plus, with all the negativity people have about this game, it just throttled my anxiety. I'm like that in real life also.<br />
    <br />
    I admit, I assumed that, and I shouldn't have.
    *Hugs* It will be ok. I don't find the Sims forums stressful at all myself since I came from a very toxic community that I was a member of for four years. I didn't even know forums besides the modthesims ones existed for Sims games until just recently. Never feel guilty about posting ideas and there is a new forums just for ideas, so hopefully it will be more positive for you. Sims 4 is still young and honestly people never got over the excess about of glitches Sims 3 and all it's expansions had. The were stressed about Sims 3 too, which is funny when I keep hearing it was better. Each Sims games have their own pros and cons. No one hates you, so no worries. Kind of silly to hate someone online that you've never met anyways is what I always thought.

“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I'm sorry, I'm not going to read the whole thread because it sounds like there was some kind of drama, and quite frankly I'm not interested in reading all that.

However, I'd like slow dancing in TS4. Maybe even a choice of dancing styles like waltz, jive, tango, etc.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    yeah Waltzing needs to be a thing.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member
    I'm sorry, I'm not going to read the whole thread because it sounds like there was some kind of drama, and quite frankly I'm not interested in reading all that.

However, I'd like slow dancing in TS4. Maybe even a choice of dancing styles like waltz, jive, tango, etc.

I'm with Cinderellimouse on both accounts.. Definitely would like to see the dance facing together and maybe bring back the smustle!
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    it would make weddings more authentic. father and daughter, mother and son,
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Would be awesome if the dancing fit the music. Moshing for rock/metal, tango/salsa/meringue for Latin, waltz for Classical, slow dance for Romantic, getting glow sticks out for Techno/Electronica etc.

Insane sims could dance differently to everyone else (slow dance to metal, anyone?).
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I agree I want slow dancing back to and French kissing won't raise the rating.
  • Options
    Thanks azsimmer1 :smiley:
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    it would make weddings more authentic. father and daughter, mother and son,

That's cute! I like the idea of it not necessarily being romantic, but maybe each dance has a special romantic interaction that only appears if the sims have a flirtatious relationship? So any two sims could formally waltz, but maybe romantically linked sims might have a 'dance closer' or 'dip kiss' option. 'Kiss up arm' has to be a tango option for Morty and Bella!

tumblr_ndiul82FOT1tjydheo1_500.gif

I like EmmaVane's idea of having genre specific dancing styles too.
  • Options
    ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    Omg I love that idea! Please don't ever think you can't post your own ideas, not everyone is so tense but I admit it can be a very scary place.

I actually never thought of the dancing, especially as a skill but I would love that.

I really miss the slow dancing from the other Sims games. Especially during a wedding. I do hope they consider this.
  • Options
    > @Cinderellimouse said:
    > I'm sorry, I'm not going to read the whole thread because it sounds like there was some kind of drama, and quite frankly I'm not interested in reading all that.
    >
    > However, I'd like slow dancing in TS4. Maybe even a choice of dancing styles like waltz, jive, tango, etc.

Hello.
    It wasn't necessarily drama. I think it was my overreaction, and I apologize for it. Someone replied to my thread saying that the game was Teen rated, but didn't tell me exactly what I did wrong. Turns out, I didn't do anything wrong. I got too sensitive over what someone said.

So again, I apologize. :smile:
  • Options
    > @Scobre said:
    > kylriffle wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    > *Hugs* It will be ok. I don't find the Sims forums stressful at all myself since I came from a very toxic community that I was a member of for four years. I didn't even know forums besides the modthesims ones existed for Sims games until just recently. Never feel guilty about posting ideas and there is a new forums just for ideas, so hopefully it will be more positive for you. Sims 4 is still young and honestly people never got over the excess about of glitches Sims 3 and all it's expansions had. The were stressed about Sims 3 too, which is funny when I keep hearing it was better. Each Sims games have their own pros and cons. No one hates you, so no worries. Kind of silly to hate someone online that you've never met anyways is what I always thought.

*Hugs back* Thank you so much. :smiley:
  • Options
    > @astridentanja said:
    > Actually I am rather negative about this game myself, but I like your ideas on slow dancing anyway ;)

Aw, thank you!
    And it's okay to be negative about a game--especially if there's a reason. Everyone has their own opinion, and I respect all opinions. Lately though, I've seen people cross the line and begin to insult each other over this game. I have even gotten insulted a few times for liking The Sims 4 before it came out. So, I came in here assuming, which was wrong of me to do. I apologize for it.

But it's all good now.
  • Options
    kylriffle wrote: »
    > @astridentanja said:<br />
    > Actually I am rather negative about this game myself, but I like your ideas on slow dancing anyway ;)<br />
    <br />
    Aw, thank you!<br />
    And it's okay to be negative about a game--especially if there's a reason. Everyone has their own opinion, and I respect all opinions. Lately though, I've seen people cross the line and begin to insult each other over this game. I have even gotten insulted a few times for liking The Sims 4 before it came out. So, I came in here assuming, which was wrong of me to do. I apologize for it. <br />
    <br />
    But it's all good now.
    I just got insulted for liking the Sims 4 too recently. I don't know why and I just bought the game. I'm fine with people liking the Sims 3 and thought people would respect me the same way for liking the Sims 4. I guess I shouldn't have stated what bothered me about the Sims 3 and stated some pros with the cons. Oh well. I'm just having way too much fun today making Sims of myself and a few of my friends and making us room mates.

• Options
    I'm sorry if I sounded harsh. It wasn't personal. I'm just tired of wading through all the general forum drama to get to the real topic of discussion in general. It came out harsher than I intended it too and I am sorry. I just meant that I like your idea, but didn't have time to read the additional stuff.

I'm actually finding this ideas forum much better! Everyone seems to be suggesting some really good things, an it has a nicer positive atmosphere than the general discussion forum! At least, when big-mouths like me don't come in and say silly things. :(

Back on topic! I'd love a proper dancing skill, and maybe a career. All sims could be able to do basic dance moves, but maybe they'd be a bit clumsy and step on each other's toes? Then new styles could be unlocked at higher levels. I liked the dancing competitions in TS2 Freetime too. And the breakdancing! I'd love ballet as well. ^.^

(I'm getting carried away)