Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scariest Moments...

Comments

• NaydiNaydi Posts: 387 Member
    Thanks, folks. I am glad I held on, because I now have two other incredible sons.
    This I do for the fun of it.
    • My Sims 4 Blog with Custom Content and Commentary is at Celynoir
    • Get my Custom Content at The Sims 4 Noir and Mod the Sims.
    • More downloads, houses and Sims, are available in the Gallery, under Naydi33.
  • cassidystorey91cassidystorey91 Posts: 113 Member
    I thought I lost my child in a store and went and hid in a clothes rack about gave me a heart attack
  • alexandra5alexandra5 Posts: 234 Member
    edited December 2014
    When my mum cut my hair very short :( I looked at the mirror and I started screaming and crying! I won't let her cut my hair again!
    Post edited by alexandra5 on
  • MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
    @cassidystorey91:

That does sound scary, thank god you found your child safe and well :)

@alexandra5:

So you prefer long hair then... ;)
  • ScarlettLuffsUScarlettLuffsU Posts: 204 Member
    Surgery. But the sleep was good.
    giphy.gif
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    MiffoShort wrote: »
    I'm so sorry about your mum and I hope since then you have found peace and are not depressed. If your ever feeling alone or sad then you are welcome to PM at any time. Simmers are there for each other :)

Thanks. While I haven't been diagnosed with depression I do have some symptoms such as my eating habits. I barely eat and I'm not purposely trying to have malnutrition issues but I'm really so annoyed with having to eat. Regardless I force myself to eat something, hunger pains hurt so much. Having to look after myself is really difficult because a lot of times I just don't care. I probably would unintentionally starve myself to death if it weren't for hunger pains. I don't feel like cooking, don't feel like ordering out, don't feel going out to eat and definitely don't have an appetite for anything I do have and I'm the one who goes food shopping for myself. I pick up foods I know I like but then don't really have a taste for any of it mostly. Sometimes I actually get mad because I'm hungry. When my Mom was alive I told her that and she said she thought she was the only person who felt that way. XD

You know, I'm not sure I ever used the PM feature and don't even know how, lol.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
    Well one was when I was hit by a car when i was 8. Another is more recent when my mom got a hysterectomy and almost died 3 times during surgery and another is when i was put on foster care when I was 10 because my birth mom neglected me and my 4 siblings. I remember it was the most terrifying moment of my life. We had the cops banging on our door. I was 10, my oldest sister was trying to take care if us but she was just a kid herself at 14, my older brother was 11, and my younger sister and brother were 6 and 2 respectively. Imagine sitting in a dark house with no electricity in the middle of the night with cops slamming on your door. However it was one of the best things that happened to me because I was placed with a great, but loony, family.
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Five Nights at Freddy's one. Jump-scares everywhere.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • EnlessEnless Posts: 717 Member
    Tearing my ACL for the first time from playing soccer.
    2 years later I did it again with the same knee.
    I don't learn.
    @Deshong04:

I'm glad your doing ok now. If you need to talk, you can post here or anywhere else and I'll help you out. Don't let life get you down, there's a whole community here who support you! :)

@friendlyone20:

Thanks for sharing, hope everything is ok now with your life :)

@AiHaou:

At least you survived the five nights!

@Enless:

That sounds painful. Have you learned since then? ;)
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    When I failed three exams in a row.
    oh3cjs.jpg
    @bobyo2001:

That's a bit of a bummer but at least it's all over now :)
  • Sims5000Sims5000 Posts: 16 New Member
    My scariest experience ever was when my little sister and I were walking in a cow field. It had been raining and when we approached the river she started sinking. I remember shouting for help (at this point half of her body was below the mud). Thankfully I managed to pull her out but for that short period of time I thought she was going to die!
    Never again did I take her in that field.
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited December 2014
    Naydi wrote: »
    The day when we went off to the hospital so happy to have our first son, and the doctor came in to tell us that he would have to do a C-section because "This baby has lost his life." That was the day I wanted to die.

Naydi, I'm sorry about the baby, and although the others will never replace him you are blessed with two great sons.
    I'm happy for you. :)
    I thought I lost my child in a store and went and hid in a clothes rack about gave me a heart attack

Cassidystorey91, I lost my son in one of those indoor play places and it was a pretty tense few moments. I'm glad your
    little one was alright. :)
    alexandra5 wrote: »
    When my mum cut my hair very short :( I looked at the mirror and I started screaming and crying! I won't let her cut my hair again!
    Thank goodness it grows back, I've been thankful for that several times in my life. :D
    Surgery. But the sleep was good.
    Surgery is scary, I had surgery when I was 10, many moons ago. I'm glad you're alright.

Deshong04, I hope you feel better with time. There's a lot of help out there. When my brother died I did 6 1/2 years
    of therapy and I recommend it to anyone. Reaching out is not the crazy thing to do, like they portray in the movies, it's
    the brave thing to do. Good luck.

Well one was when I was hit by a car when i was 8. Another is more recent when my mom got a hysterectomy and almost died 3 times during surgery and another is when i was put on foster care when I was 10 because my birth mom neglected me and my 4 siblings. I remember it was the most terrifying moment of my life. We had the cops banging on our door. I was 10, my oldest sister was trying to take care if us but she was just a kid herself at 14, my older brother was 11, and my younger sister and brother were 6 and 2 respectively. Imagine sitting in a dark house with no electricity in the middle of the night with cops slamming on your door. However it was one of the best things that happened to me because I was placed with a great, but loony, family.

friendlyone20, Sounds like you've had a tough life and still you seem like an upbeat and positive person. I'm
    glad you ended up with a great family. Good luck to you. :)
    Enless wrote: »
    Tearing my ACL for the first time from playing soccer.<br />
    2 years later I did it again with the same knee.<br />
    I don't learn.
    Endless, must be tough to be injured when you love playing a sport. Good luck to you and your recovery. Hopefully
    you'll be out there soon doing what you love.

bobyo2001 wrote: »
    When I failed three exams in a row.
    I know what that's like, good luck.
    Sims5000 wrote: »
    My scariest experience ever was when my little sister and I were walking in a cow field. It had been raining and when we approached the river she started sinking. I remember shouting for help (at this point half of her body was below the mud). Thankfully I managed to pull her out but for that short period of time I thought she was going to die!<br />
    Never again did I take her in that field.

I have two sisters I adore, I would have freaked out. Thank goodness you were able to help her out of that situation.
    Good luck to you both. :)
  • Sims5000Sims5000 Posts: 16 New Member
    @mlnov39:

Thank you for your kind thoughts. We are both doing fine now :)
    @Sim5000:

I'm sorry to hear that your sister almost died. I can't imagine how you must have felt, but thank goodness she's ok now!
  • MercyMercy Posts: 11 New Member
    When I was 19 I was out walking with my uncle. As we walked down the garden he collapsed, I was terrified. Up to that point I had never seen anyone collapse and I had to act fast, I didn’t have my mobile and running up to the house might have taken too long. So I remembered what I had learnt from a medic class I had taken at school. I checked it pulse and there wasn’t one! I won’t lie, I panicked even more but somehow I got through it and got his pulse back by performing CPR. As soon as he was conscious I ran to the fence and called my neighbour, she then called an ambulance. It was one of the scariest moments of my life and I never want that sort of thing to happen again.

And then the second scariest thing that happened to me was when my mum died, two years ago. I found her in the morning, she was dead and according to the paramedics she has been for a few hours! The paramedics said that her heart had stopped beating, I wanted to know why she had died and according to the paramedics sometimes the heart does just stop beating!
    My mum’s death hurt me inside, it affected me badly and I still have issues accepting it now. Though now I have my daughter, Laura and she helps me get through the day!
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited December 2014
    Mercy wrote: »
    When I was 19 I was out walking with my uncle. As we walked down the garden he collapsed, I was terrified. Up to that point I had never seen anyone collapse and I had to act fast, I didn’t have my mobile and running up to the house might have taken too long. So I remembered what I had learnt from a medic class I had taken at school. I checked it pulse and there wasn’t one! I won’t lie, I panicked even more but somehow I got through it and got his pulse back by performing CPR. As soon as he was conscious I ran to the fence and called my neighbour, she then called an ambulance. It was one of the scariest moments of my life and I never want that sort of thing to happen again.<br />
    <br />
    And then the second scariest thing that happened to me was when my mum died, two years ago. I found her in the morning, she was dead and according to the paramedics she has been for a few hours! The paramedics said that her heart had stopped beating, I wanted to know why she had died and according to the paramedics sometimes the heart does just stop beating!<br />
    My mum’s death hurt me inside, it affected me badly and I still have issues accepting it now. Though now I have my daughter, Laura and she helps me get through the day!

Your uncle was so lucky to have you there, you knew what to do and saved his life. It might have been someone else
    with him who didn't have CPR knowledge and he would have passed.
    I'm sorry you were the one to find your mom, I hope you can find peace. I'm also glad you have Laura, she'll help keep
    you strong.
  • EnlessEnless Posts: 717 Member
    @MiffoShort:
    Yes. I'd rather not have to go through that again.

@mlnov39:
    Yeah it was pretty tough but this happened back in high school. I made a full recovery and am fine now.
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
    @MiffoShort: Thank you. My life is going great now. I'm a college graduate and just living life to the fullest.

@mlnov39: Thank you for your kind words.

My birth mom died last year, and the sad thing is I wasn't even sad or upset that she died. I forgave her for her neglect and all but I just didn't care when she died. -_-

#imheartless. :/
  • HeartfulPeachHeartfulPeach Posts: 857 Member
    > @ScarlettLuffsU said:
    > Surgery. But the sleep was good.

Same as Scarlett, I had my first surgery last month and I'm about to have another after New Year. It's scary because you pray that nothing goes wrong.
    317chzb.jpg
    A big thanks to SimChic1 for making my simself in my avatar!
    Princess Peach Rocks!
    edited December 2014
    @:friendlyone20:

We all have different reactions to death. Some people are upset and some aren't, these things happen. Usually when someone isn't upset over a death it's emotions trying to stop you from getting upset. I'd say sooner or later you feel upset over your mums death, hopefully it'll happen sooner rather than later. The last thing you want is to be feeling guilty over not being upset because your mum died.

Whatever happens...Best of luck!!!

@HeartfulPeach:

That's the thing about life, it's surprising. Sometimes the surprises are good but other times they can be really bad. The week my grampy died my mum and dad went to see him on Sunday and he was absolutely fine but on Tuesday they got a call and the entire family went in to see him. They stayed there all day until 6'20 PM where he died. It was surprising because no one thought he was going to die.

I hope your operation in the New Year goes ok. I'm sure it will, there is a very low chance of something going wrong. Best of luck :D !!!
  • nightflower284nightflower284 Posts: 660 Member
    Scary moment: Got in a car accident while going to school in 2002. I came out unharmed but the driver need a jaw of life to get him out. I did not go to school that day.

Sad moment: When my young brother die in a car accident in 2010. I had a dream of him drifting away. I got the call next day after my boyfriend's birthday.
    "Outside the dream world, life can be harsh, even cruel. But it is life." Auron to Tidus-FFX

MY ORIGIN ID:cth284
    @nightflower284:

I'm so sorry for your car accident and I can't even imagine how much grief you must have been in :(
    I hope you are feeling ok now though, may your brother rest in peace and may you have an extremely good life!

Best wishes :) !
  • HeartfulPeachHeartfulPeach Posts: 857 Member
    @MiffoShort, I'm sorry to hear about your gramps, it must have been shocking for you all.
    Actually I like the fact that life can surprise you in many ways (I know it has surprised me a lot over the past few years).I'm a person who likes surprises as long as they aren't that bad, they make life more exciting or at least not dull if that makes sense to you.
    I love this saying "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift" and take it to heart because it's true. Thanks for the wishes, I hope nothing goes wrong too!
    317chzb.jpg
    A big thanks to SimChic1 for making my simself in my avatar!
    Princess Peach Rocks!