Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scariest Moments...

MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
Yesterday I did a thread where I asked you what your happiest moments had been. Today I decided that I would share some of my scariest moments with you, feel free to share yours as well if you like :)

One of my scariest moments was when I was first diagnosed with Autism. I had had a headache and I had free internet access and like a fool I googled the headache. Google came up with different answers and one of them was a brain tumour and Cancer and from that moment on I was addicted to looking up health and disease and that is why today I have internet protection. When I read about Cancer I literally believed that I was dying and for the next couple of months I actually believed that I was going to die, I didn't even think I'd make it seventeen years of age. However here I am today, it seems silly looking back at that thought now but when I actually thought I was dying it was one of the scariest things I have ever experienced.

But the most frightening experience of my life Ever happened earlier this year. I had woken up and it was like any other day, I went out to the kitchen and there was my dad. He has made himself a coffee and as I usually do I asked him how he had slept. He said ok though he had woken up early because his index finger on his left hand had been hurting, he tried to bend it but couldn't because of the pain. I offered to google it for him but he said he'd be fine. I went back through to my room and used my computer, not to look up my dads finger though I have been known to try and break through my internet protection! My brother Michael had gone through to see if my dad was ok and then before I knew what was happening I could hear shouting coming from the living room, I ran through the hallway and when I got to the front room door I could hear my mum shouting my dads name and I could hear my brother saying that the phone wouldn't dial 999. Inside I had been telling myself to go inside to try and help my dad but I did something that I never thought I would do, I turned and ran through the hallway back to my room. I didn't believe I would ever turn my back in that sort of situation and yet I did, I still feel guilty for that, even though my dad was ok in the end I still ran and for all I knew at the time he could have been about to die. He had lost consciousness and had been making a horrible breathing sound, eventually my brothers managed to call 999 by mobile as for some reason the telephones hadn't worked properly though since then we have got new ones as that was extremely dangerous!

First of all an ambulance car arrived. He questioned my dad who had woken up but still felt in pain, the paramedic thought it might be cardiac related as the pain was on my dads left side, though it was only in the finger. The ambulance arrived and they ended up giving my dad oxygen and he was taken away, because I didn't travel I stayed at home with my brother Michaela and all day we waited for news on my dad. By the evening he was back home, he had collapsed due to the pain in his finger and the paramedics said that he had gotten the pain due to stress, you see at this time he had been out of work and my gran was and still is in a crucial state with her Cancer and Alzheimer's!
I still feel guilty for not helping my dad and I probably will, just like my guilt for not seeing my grampy before he died.

Thanks for reading this and I hope you don't think of me any less than you did before. Sometimes I just have to get it out of my system and as I don't like discussing feelings with my family this was a way I could get it out! If you have any scary moments then please feel free to share them with me and the community.

Comments

• cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    When i was born
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • ImNoComedianImNoComedian Posts: 886 Member
    when they wanted to deport Justin Bieber
  • AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    tooth extraction :s
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
    @AnnePlays:

Ouch :\ that sounds painful...
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    I will have to say coming to the realization my Mom was dying and the thought of living life without her. Making the decision to take her off of life support as was her wish when she was alive if there was nothing else the doctors could do. On a good note as I was leaving the hospital extremely depressed, she did come visit me in the form of this super bright white light which then turned to a white butterfly to show me she's happy, fine and for me not to be too sad before she left for good. All of sudden I was at peace and no longer depressed although after a little bit that wore off. Apparently out of all the family there no one had that experience but me. But it makes sense because I was closest to her plus I was the one who was her caregiver and was always there for her like she always had been for me.

Panic attacks. Especially when I have them in the car while I'm driving.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
    I'm so sorry about your mum and I hope since then you have found peace and are not depressed. If your ever feeling alone or sad then you are welcome to PM at any time. Simmers are there for each other :)
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    My first prostate exam, last year! 8^O
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
    Thanks for sharing, and I hope everything was ok for you afterwards :)
  • Santa_ClausSanta_Claus Posts: 34 Member
    My scariest experience was being told that I had Huntington's disease, because on that day I was told that come 2030 I would be lucky to be alive. So now I don't take anything for grated and I life as happily as I possibly can.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    MiffoShort wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing, and I hope everything was ok for you afterwards :)

In the end (lol), all checked out fine. I was a little sore though.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
    @Santa_Claus:

I'm sorry you have such a short time to live and I can't even imagine how your feeling, but always remember, you have friends on the forum who will look out for you when times are rough. Best wishes for the future... :)

@5782341b77vl:

I'm glad it all worked out ok. Thanks for sharing :)
  • mrswoo5mrswoo5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    Becoming a mother.
    Thanks for sharing, on a scale of 1-10 how scary was it?
  • mrswoo5mrswoo5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    About an 8, I remember thinking then how do I do this right teach her all the things she needs to know.
  • Santa_ClausSanta_Claus Posts: 34 Member
    I'll admit that it was a little depressing knowing that I would live to even be 40 years old, however it has taught me and many others not to take life for granted. Before I found out I had Huntington's I lived life like I normally would have, I went out on dates, played computer games, watched TV and DVDs and then I was told! Ever since then I have lived life to the full and hope to continue doing so right up until the end. I'm also sorry about your Autism, I'm sure you'll get on top of it soon enough though :) Dying isn't actually what scares me the most, what scares me the most is losing control of my actions and my body...
    But on a bright side I am still seven to eight years away from that, so until then it's only positive thoughts for me!
    edited December 2014
    @mrswoo5:

That's great, and slightly painful :) How old is your daughter now?

@Santa_Claus:

Well I'm sorry that you have so little time, but enjoy the time that you do have and remember that you will always be welcomed, loved and respected on this forum. Best wishes for the future... :)
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    My son was in a car accident last year, he got several stitches on his face and shoulder. He also had a concussion and doesn't remember those few days after, but made a full recovery. The car was totaled and had to be replaced.
    edited December 2014
    @mlnov39:

Ouch! I'm so sorry that you and your family had to go through your son being in a car crash. I can't even imagine how that must have felt for you, I am so very glad that he made a full recovery. Best wishes for the future! :)
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    The moment I thought I had a ton of cavities. Then I realized it was blueberry peelings from the smoothie I was drinking.
    @LaAbby:

Well thankfully it was nothing serious. Glad your feeling well :)
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    MiffoShort wrote: »
    @mlnov39:

Ouch! I'm so sorry that you and your family had to go through your son being in a car crash. I can't even imagine how that must have felt for you, I am so very glad that he made a full recovery. Best wishes for the future! :)

Thank you for your kind words MiffoShort, I'm glad your father was alright. We all react to scary moments in our own ways, forgive yourself, move on and thank God he's still with you.

@mlnov39:

No problem and thank you for your support. Best wishes... :)
  • NaydiNaydi Posts: 387 Member
    The day when we went off to the hospital so happy to have our first son, and the doctor came in to tell us that he would have to do a C-section because "This baby has lost his life." That was the day I wanted to die.
    This I do for the fun of it.
    • My Sims 4 Blog with Custom Content and Commentary is at Celynoir
    • Get my Custom Content at The Sims 4 Noir and Mod the Sims.
    • More downloads, houses and Sims, are available in the Gallery, under Naydi33.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    When I was diagnosed with Severe IBD
    I almost died it was so bad :cold_sweat: I still break down thinking about it.
    @Naydi So sorry to hear that!
    @Naydi:

I’m sorry about your baby; I can’t even begin to imagine how that must have felt.

@jbreland1230:

I am sorry that you almost died but am thankful that you are alive and well now. Best wishes and all the best for the future.