Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you drive in video games?

wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
I can't.
6JSxk49.png?1

Comments

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    You mean like racer simulator games? Where you're behind the wheel and trying to simulate driving? oh god, if my real driving was like my driving in video games I would have caused hundreds of thousands of deaths and probably wouldn't have lasted two days on the road.......
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    I've tried my husband's GTA games a couple of times... I think I managed to kill a few people with that car. And whenever I got a new one, I almost immediately crashed it somewhere, and even if I managed to drive a little longer, it didn't really look like a car, when I was finished with it :D
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    I still remember the Big Bang Theory episode where sheldon was trying to drive and they set up a driving simulator for him. Somehow he ended up from the freeway into a two story mall.....
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    pinkknight1006pinkknight1006 Posts: 792 Member
    edited December 2014
    I am an horrible driver on video games
    p.gifi.gifn.gifk.gifk.gifn.gifi.gifg.gifh.gift.gif
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    The first racing game I've ever played is Crash Team Racing. Had so much fun in it. Then I drove in a couple Tomb Raider games. And then open world games like Far Cry and GTA. Riding horses in Red Dead Redemption is more fun though.
  • Options
    Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    I can only echo what @jcp011c2 and @Jimil said. I can't drive for spit in racing games. I'm the one who gets the car up on the embankment and facing the opposite direction about 2 seconds after the starting gun goes off. The one who can't take a curve without flying right off the map and causing the race to reset.

Riding horses in RDR? Now that's more my style. ......... Not that I haven't run my horse off a cliff a time or two ........ :blush:
  • Options
    DeathJohnsonDeathJohnson Posts: 166 Member
    edited December 2014
    Of course. I've driven everywhere. Up stairs, on sidewalks, through buildings, and uh... Into the ocean (I swear it came out of nowhere).
    Insaniac Family Blog: http://sims3insaniac.blogspot.ca/
    My YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/1xsbrTS (I don't do Sims videos, but you can still check it out and see if there's anything you like)
    My Twitch Channel: http://bit.ly/13Ccp3y
  • Options
    Sue_D_Nim wrote: »
    I can only echo what @jcp011c2 and @Jimil said. I can't drive for spit in racing games. I'm the one who gets the car up on the embankment and facing the opposite direction about 2 seconds after the starting gun goes off. The one who can't take a curve without flying right off the map and causing the race to reset.

Riding horses in RDR? Now that's more my style. ......... Not that I haven't run my horse off a cliff a time or two ........ :blush:

I usually get stuck and end up in the opposite direction too - I pass more cars going the wrong way than I do the right way. Whenever I actually finish a race at all I'm thrilled. Usually I just get embarrassed and don't even bother finishing.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I'm a pro! Its saved my butt in real life too. :sweat_smile:
    where_did_you_learn_to_drive_like_that_grand_theft_auto_2013-09-25_zps10eb588b.jpg
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Nope. I'm horrible at driving in video games. I crash every like 30 seconds.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I play GTA for the sake of driving dem crazy cars.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    I'm decent at times in GTA a bit okay with bikes in the mobile version of San Andreas.

Though of you wanted pro driving, and no damage to vehicles, then you probably gotta look else were when it comes to drivers.
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    if by driving you mean hit every person and bikes along the path, sure
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    I'm not really a fan of cars, even in games like GTA and SR I've been walking throughout, except when I really have to be driving a car around.

SR4 Superpowers pretty much made cars useless! :D
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    i can drive decently enough in games but i dont play many games that require it .
  • Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    AnnePlays wrote: »
    SR4 Superpowers pretty much made cars useless! :D

Yeah, in Saints Row 4, I only really drove when I have to. It probably shall be the same thing in GOFH. I once did a deliver a car mission in Saints Row 4, and it was this close to being destroyed and it may hold the record for the wrong car in video games ever. I wish I can a screengrab of that car btw.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    You can drive in sr4?
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    HeartfulPeachHeartfulPeach Posts: 857 Member
    I'm pretty good at driving in videogames like Saints Row and Mario Kart. I enjoy more the latter because I love silly and unpredictable upcomes.

> @cauliflowers said:
    > if by driving you mean hit every person and bikes along the path, sure
    > You can drive in sr4?

Yes you can, even though driving is pretty much useless unless you want to test/show off a car you pimped... like my pink sports car :smiley:
    I procure not to hit people if I can help it but something inside me just screams to hit every single bike and hydrant that I encounter, I do not know why...
    317chzb.jpg
    A big thanks to SimChic1 for making my simself in my avatar!
    Princess Peach Rocks!