Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

House and Game-play progress reset after travelling

For quite some time now I've noticed that my house will be reset to a previous state after returning from travelling. For example, changes in build or buy mode I've done have gone back to a previous state before travelling, the changes disappearing completely or being replaced by the old furnishing. And recently I've noticed that things like career progress and relationships would be affected as well. For example last night my sim made a new friend and got a promotion, upon travelling I bumped into the new friend at the bar and they suddenly had no relationship whatsoever, and the promotion my sim got was gone as well. These problems were not fixed upon travelling back home.

Anyone else have this problem? Or know how to fix it? It's getting quite frustrating not being able to travel with my sims so any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Huh. Do you have any mods in the game? I wonder if one might need updating.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    xLuckiixLuckii Posts: 7 New Member
    Nope, no mods :/
  • Options
    LsjohnLsjohn Posts: 1 New Member
    I am having the same issue
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I noticed a house I set to Generic had reset back to Residential when my sims went there and they couldn't enter.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I always do a "save as" before exiting build mode and before traveling anywhere. I went to make tips once and spent a whole sim day doing comedy routines and left to go back home and the game crashed. My save before I left was gone and I lost a whole day. I always do a "save as" now.
  • Options
    Thanks AnnLee87, I've been thinking that maybe the lot resets to a previous save, I'll try saving the game before travelling and see if that helps. :)
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    There was a problem with save/save as a while back, but I thought it was fixed, maybe in that "extra" patch?

@Luthienrising do you remember what I'm talking about?

I wonder if this is what happened here... I remember having it happen to me when I first started playing and was still doing things different ways (like saving) to see what happened when I picked different options... but I was surprised to realize i'd lost most of a day, too, next time I played. (But I *did* this already!! Sound familiar, anybody?)
  • Options
    It seems that saving before travelling solved the issue, must be some bug or glitch that caused my gameplay to reset to the previous save when travelling.