Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wish List for Sims 5

Comments

• HolyGourdHolyGourd Posts: 39 New Member
    edited June 2015
    Isn't it a little too soon to start talking about sims 5? I really want most of these things in Sims 4, and only two expansion packs are out so far, so there's a chance we may get them...
  • pinkpuppy12pinkpuppy12 Posts: 71 Member
    I'd really like a return of the genetics system in Sims 2, or something similar, one with dominant and recessive traits close to real life. I'd rather have that than random colors selected from the parents.
    tumblr_nd5dlgfEcF1tx5stvo4_500.gif
    <center></center>
  • PolymathPolymath Posts: 4 New Member
    Open World!
  • PolymathPolymath Posts: 4 New Member
    Also, does anybody remember the original advertisement for The Sims 2? I've always wanted the game to be like that.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited June 2015
    Why do you think if The Sims 5 become more mature like Star Wars: The Old Republic or Mass Effect ?

- High quality content
    - Realistic friendship
    - Realistic romance

The Sims game is like a child, maybe it's time it becomes adult, don't you think ?

Content quality: Adult game versus Child game
    swtor_10.jpgts4_bo10.jpg
  • Matty23593Matty23593 Posts: 4 New Member
    I think The Sims 5 should go back to basics - but done really well. The problem with cramming too many features in one game is that they're not done properly. The Sims 4 had the focus of emotions, but it seems almost forgotten about now. I think focus on the original ideas behind The Sims, it's a dollhouse simulation with our own little people we create. If I were a developer I would actually start by looking at The Sims, and then working my way through the series. I think that's only way you could find some sort of natural progression. :)
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    who would see sims5 sims looking like this mid real mid cartoon in other word cgi animated like in this picture also please note that this is a google pic from a program called daz studio same for the clothes shown in picture?

2qscql5.jpg
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • MarzipanMarzipan Posts: 60 Member
    Memina11 wrote: »
    who would see sims5 sims looking like this mid real mid cartoon in other word cgi animated like in this picture also please note that this is a google pic from a program called daz studio same for the clothes shown in picture?

2qscql5.jpg

If the Sims 5 is like this then I will lose all respect for EA... =/
  • ennaedwynennaedwyn Posts: 68 Member
    Keep it Mac compatible! I love how smoothly Sims 4 is running on my Mac (LOVE LOVE LOVE! Did I mention "LOOOOVEEE!" ?) And more hair color or the ability like Sims 3 to create more hair color - that is a nice plus. :)
    Don't eat my avatar!!!!!!! You can find in the community under: ennaedwyn (boy! that was tuff! )
    tumblr_nd4jozkfUy1rrhhnko5_500.gif
    Maybe he was born with it or .....
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Marzipan wrote: »
    Memina11 wrote: »

If the Sims 5 is like this then I will lose all respect for EA... =/

You do need to realise that the gaming technologye is improving as we get more advance games this also includes trhe sims it will require a better computer and better graphics as we are entering a new era in terms of video games

If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • LifestyleSimLifestyleSim Posts: 159 Member
    All I want is custom color back :s
    edited June 2015
    If I compare The Sims 2/3/4 (basegame + packs) to The Urbz (standalone)

The life of The Urbz is more funny than the life of The Sims.

So The Sims 5 should be more focused on the interactions and less on the content.

I prefer to buy packs and DLC which bring new actions instead of a ton of recolored objects or recolored tee shirt.
  • LibbyjamjamLibbyjamjam Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2015
    It would be good if they added trampolines, swing sets and slides to the Sims 5 and if they added the ability to put slides into pools!
    Post edited by Libbyjamjam on
    edited June 2015
    Or The Sims 5 could include all the packs into the game but it will require to wait for 6 years after the last pack of TS4 is released.

The 1st complete game of The Sims series @ $60.
  • gameliagamelia Posts: 703 Member
    All these suggestions are great and I agree with them, but most are merely tweaks to the current game. I think it's time for EA Games to start thinking about upping their game for TS5 and re-imagine the whole thing.

I wish, hope, and want a Sims game that allows time period progression. Maybe start out in medieval times and progress through eras with each generation, with new technologies and clothing styles becoming available. Otherwise the game becomes same-same with every new generation, going through the same tedious steps. It needs to feel like a new game with each generation, or else it gets boring. If such a game was ever developed, it needs to be more true to the original Sims game than The Sims Medieval was (I was so thrilled when that game came out, but was disappointed after playing it awhile).
    --+++ Simming since 2000. All packs. All in! +++--
    edited July 2015
    Maxis versus BioWare

Maxis hears the requests of the players, they understand the half of what we want but they tried to make us happy
    BioWare hears the requests of the players, they understand what we want and they make us happy

Maxis fixes the half of the bugs, they never learn from their mistakes, they never look back and they always move forward.
    BioWare fixes all the bugs, they learn from their mistakes but they don't look back and they move forward.

Maxis creates a ton of content.
    BioWare creates high quality content.

Maybe The Sims 5 should be developed by BioWare...
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    I think the idea of the DAZ studios pic is that the characters look more realistic. I used to have DAZ on my old desktop and it had some pretty cool features. One of the neat things was that because of the way the joints were set, you could grab the hand with the mouse and when you moved it, the arm would follow in a more natural way. I hope that makes sense... I often wished that the animations for Sims would work that way-- if you set the height of an object the Sim's arm would just reach for it.

I personally would rather have more content and NOT have to get extra downloaded content or packs. I have very limited bandwidth for downloading, so it can be problematic for me.

ennaedwyn, Is that Ross Poldark in your signature?

I like the idea of progressing in time, although I would like the option to freeze things and stay in a certain era and have different neighborhoods set in different eras. I would also be able to link neighborhoods together to form a larger map and have a small bit of loading when crossing from one to another. I'd like more worldbuilding ability. Specifically, I would like to be able to have a coastal area and then move farther inland and go from natural/rural to suburbs to cities and have some areas with flat terrain and others with very hilly terrain.
    So I could have Sims that live in the suburbs or rural area and go work in the city or have city dwellers that go out to the rural areas for vacation.

I would like to have apartments where we could set all of the tenants or allow the game to generate some of them. If we don't like some of the tenants the game chooses, we can kick them out. Likewise, for work buildings, I would like to be able to select which characters are employees at a particular building and have them work together.

I would like to be able to have live-in butlers-- characters that are part of the family when not during their work hours who cook, clean, watch the children, etc.

I just got brain freeze.
  • Millix_1991Millix_1991 Posts: 1 New Member
    The Sims 5 should have.....

1) Open World. Computers are always getting more powerful after every couple of years and having an open world in The Sims 3 really made me want to play it more over The Sims 4. This allowed me to really enjoy playing with the life of my sims by being able to juggle between them no matter where they were on the map; at one moment I'll have a sim mingling with other sims at a party meanwhile, on the other side of town, another sim is exploring the world, collecting gems and insects.

2) All Life Stages (B, C, T, YA, A, and E). Contrary to what others might say how certain things make a realistic experience in The Sims 4, leaving out the toddler life span took away from the bonding experience between child and parent and also the crucial learning stages such as learning to walk, talk, and other skills. In The Sims 3, the time spent watching my sims teach their little ones how to walk and talk really brought home the family and generations aspects within the game that was obviously missing in The Sims 4. Hopefully Maxis or whoever gets to make 5, remembers to put in all of these stages.

3) Seasons & Weather. Both 2 and 3 had this and to be honest, what sim doesn't like to be festive.

4) Careers. Careers that make sense and were in previous games that also allow you to go with your sims to work, but only if the player wants to.

5) Favorites. This really added to the personality of sims as well as traits. Sims could get certain moodlets from eating their favorite food or by hearing their favorite music genre on the radio. This also made creating them in Create-a-Sim very interesting when their outfits were designed based off of their favorite colors.

6) Create-a-Style. It is so disappointing when you have your sim wearing a shirt then you see another sim walk up and they're both matching when you know your sim is most liking wearing it better than the other :D and as I said before, this also gives the sims more personality when they have clothes tailored to their specific preferences.

The Sims 5 can keep the emotions from The Sims 4 as well as the build tool and the multitasking and I would be a happy Simmer! Please find a way to combine this all, Maxis, or whoever else is given this project. ;)
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    More Space that's at the top,
    Life stage for preadolescence or pre-teen
    Life stage between adult and elder
    bring back cops, fire fighters, and burglars.
    School buses
    Vechiles in gen.
  • JaSawaJaSawa Posts: 4 New Member
    - SKYLIGHTS

- multipurpose lots
    - better animations, more like in sims 2 e.g. hugging while sleeping in the same bed
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    And take time to make a very good game, worthy to be call ''The Sims 5''.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Tarzan0401Tarzan0401 Posts: 24 New Member
    1. Weather and seasons in the base game. Or at least just weather! Why is it always sunny unless you get an expansion pack? They don't even have overcast or completely sunny days in the sims 4! It is always the same amount of clouds in the sky.

2. DIFFERENT HEIGHTS! Why in the world are all the sims the same height? I know that it would be hard to animate, but at least include maybe 3 heights rather than having everyone be the same height.

3. Pets in the base game. Maybe not crazy stuff like horses, but at least include cats, dogs, and small pets like hamsters and womrats.

4. More life stages! Who skips from being 7 to being 17? Adding every single age would be too hard. But EA should at at least add one or two stages such as preteen or preschooler.

5. Realistic animations and faces. The sims 3 sims looked like ugly, badly animated, deformed robot/doll hybrids whose eyes constantly glitched out and wandered in a demonic creepy way, and they never blinked or smiled to make it even weirder. The sims 4 sims had ridiculous creepy constant smiles that made them look like Jeff the killer or some sort of stalker and they constantly had overly animated expressions on their faces and ridiculous cartoon animations. The Sims 5 should be more like the sims 2, which was the only sims game where the sims 2 had anything close to human faces. In the sims 2 they OCCASIONALLY smiled and didn't look too animated OR too robotic! Just right.

6. Truly open WORLDS without rabbit holes where you can travel between other worlds just like in the sims 4 AND travel within the town seamlessly just like in the sims 3, but without millions of glitches that made it unusable!

7. No dumb overpriced store that sold worlds for 3 times as much as the actual game. EA should make it so players can easily make worlds and share them, and maybe add cheaper worlds for maybe 5 dollars rather than 50!

8. Sims that don't look like super models with plastic surgery or robotic dolls, but don't look TOO hyper-realistic either. Make them look semi-realistic, while you can still tell that they are drawings or animations, because knowing EA with the previous games, they would end up looking extremely uncanny-valley creepy realistic and even uglier than the sims 3 if they ever attempted to make them look real.

9. Create-a-style AND Create-a-hairstyle. I hate being stuck with that ugly play-do hair that they made for the sims 4, and I also hate being stuck with that plastic shiny hair from the sims 3. If they let us totally customize hair, that would be awesome!

10. Add some NICE animations like in the first two games! In the sims 2, your sim would open the car door, get in the car, and pull out of the driveway. In the sims 3, they would TELEPORT into the car, teleport it off the driveway, and drive away. In the sims 4, they walk to the street and magically disappear. This is clearly just extreme laziness on the developers part and should seriously be fixed.

11. More realism like in the sims 2, such as grocery shopping rather than magical fridges, or actual sickness rather than some dumb moodlet that doesn't do anything.

12. This may sound really weird, but how come you can burn a bunch of children to death and watch them suffer, you can drown children, and in TS3 you can blow them up with a meteor, but no matter what you do, the physic government will come if you starve them! Why is EA being such hypocrites? If you can kill your children, why is starving the one excluded death? Not that I necessarily want to be able to starve children, but that just doesn't make sense at all. Why can't your sim skinny dip if there is a freaking SLEEPING BABY on fourth floor of their mansion?! Who cares that a fictional child sees a naked person?! Get rid of this stupid stuff, and the game would be a little bit better. Not that this stuff matters TOO much.

13. How come your 5 year old can somehow BUILD A TIME MACHINE on their own, but they cannot water a plant? Please change this nonsense in the sims 5.

14. Program more death animations. Why does your sim move out of the way like they are saying "excuse me, you are blocking my way, please give me more room to starve."

15. No dumb limitations where you can only cook waffles in the morning or stuff like that! What is this? A resturaunt!? It is your own house, you can cook anything whenever you like!

16. Controllable story progression, such as being able to change options for it or go into a mode which lets you manually control it, such as making certain townies marry, have a baby, move out, or die without actually having to control them directly.

17. Stop cutting basegame features out! The sims 1 and 2 had hot tubs in the base game. The sims 3 and 4 make you get an expansion pack for them. EA should really stop ripping people off like this

18. New emotion system, no moodlet system or TS4 system, both of which I hate. The moodlet system was dumb. They would cry constantly about a death for 2 days, and then act like it never happened. In the sims 2, they didn't have labeled emotions, it was visual. They would cry occasionally long after a death. The same with personality. In the sims 2, if they are mean, they visually look and act mean. In the sims 4, they take a "mean shower" or whatever its called and act completely like any other sim besides that. I feel like the sims is becoming more and more dumbed-down and idiotic with every new game...

19. Actual personality! Why are my mean sims acting so nice!? Why are my shy sims hanging out in huge clubs!? These "traits" are jokes! Re-add the sims 2 personality system, at least it worked even if it was a little bit limited. Maybe combine it with an effective trait system.

20. Better premade sims- The Sims 2: Interesting families that have backstories and drama in their lives, such as the Pleasant sisters rivalry, Don Lothario's affairs, the Curious brothers alien encounters. The Sims 3: Boring families with no backstory or drama such as the Bachelor family- Perfect boring "nice" looking girl (She is really ugly), who has good grades and is best friends with everyone, parents with PERFECT relationships, and a perfect son. How boring! If I ever played them, I would certainly "mix up" their pathetic virtual lives a little. The sims 5 should have more interesting premade sims. And please don't make them like the sims 4 sims, who were completely just fresh from create a sim, with NO relationships besides the preset family ones.
  • watchman12watchman12 Posts: 3 New Member
    In Create a Sim, I want there to be layered clothes.
    *A seperate jackets/cardigan section, where you put on clothes on top of main clothes your Sim has.
    *Seperate scarf section in accessories

Also having the opacity option in make up I think is necessary.
  • earthgirlearthgirl Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited September 2017
    I would like to see more customizable hair: from straight - to wavy - to curly (which would be passed down to offspring!) as well as being able to combine different hair parts to obtain unique hairstyles.
    And yeah, more gradual aging.
    Maybe Seasons or at least different weather types in the base game.
    More active careers, where you can play the sims while at work and/or school. Preferably all careers!
    NK4koaX.png
  • fedrafedra Posts: 4 New Member
    yesss