Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wish List for Sims 5

SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
edited December 2014 in Off Topic Chat
This will eventually be a very long list, but I'm going to list the ones I can remember off the top of my head:
* Create-a-Style and color wheel options from Sims 3
* L-shaped and U-shaped stairs (finally got L-shaped with a store pack)
* Basements / Cellars that can be dug around to expose the exterior walls and have external entrances and more hilly landscapes (an example would be like a house I lived in where from the front it appeared to be two stories, but it was on a hill that sloped down toward the back and from the back it was 3 stories with a sliding glass door entrance to the basement).
* Cellar doors that are horizontal or angled to cover stairways/entrances to basements/cellars
* Attached garages on split-level houses
* More customization for doors and windows (allow users to select different knobs, hinges, frames, etc) and allow different size doorways
* Windows and doors that can take up one tile but be placed in the middle of two tiles
* Modular beds where you can pick different types of bases for different headboards and footboards (with an option to go without headboards and/or footboards)
* Usable space underneath stairs (for tiny washrooms, closets, hidden passageways, pet houses, etc)
* Peninsula counters/cabinets for kitchens that can link up with regular counters/cabinets
* More life stages: Infant, Toddler, Child, Pre-teen/tween, Teen, Adolescent, Young Adult, Adult, Middle Age, Mature, and Elder (this will create less dramatic changes from one stage to another so height will change more gradually, wrinkles and gray hair will also be gradual)
* Pets and farm animals-- the farm store packs had so many cool things, but the animals should have more movement and interactions-- cows and chickens should be able to roam around and play.
* More objects for corners-- corner sinks, corner toilets, corner fridges, etc (see my thread http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12995467) for more info
* Use Create-A-Pet like features for creating Sims-- allow layering of different genetic attributes such as different types of facial features (eye bags, philtrum, dimples, nose button) and body (muscle shapes, belly button shape, other skin details, birthmarks, freckles, body hair, etc). This would allow players to select different types of textures for the nose bridge, button, nostrils, forehead, cheeks, lips, etc. Also allow for specific lip color genetically (some people naturally have pinker lips, others have darker, others have pale lips) without having to apply lipstick. It could work like makeup/tattoos but be genetic.
* Return to Sims 3 style of being able to adjust opacity of makeup
* Different hairstyles for hair with certain lengths and part. If there is a centerpart hair, it should have a variety of different styles (up, down, ponytail, braid, wavy, straight, bun, etc). In other words, it should look like its the same base hair, but with different variations/styles.
* Customizable hair colors (like Sims 3)
* Customizable roof patterns and colors, along with the features of adjusting the roof pitch and such
* Wall height adjustment like in Sims 4
* Blueprints that let you place things but still let you pick up rooms and move them around
* More gates and fences of different sizes
* Allow multiple adjacent lots to be purchased and merged to be one lot
* Allow Create-A-World in game (instead of having to purchase a separate game to build worlds) and make custom lot sizes
* Allow sinks to be placed on half-tiles (or basically over where two different cabinets combine).
* Modular showers
* Glass walls
* Windows without glass like the kind that are sometimes in kitchens to let people look through to other rooms
* Allow organization/removal of custom content from within game (so if something is broken or just looks awful, you should be able to disable it)
* Tooltip that says the filenaname of a hairstyle, object, feature, etc
* Ability to save facial features (such as nose shapes/sizes, eye shapes/sizes, mouth shape/sizes) to add to the list of options to be selected when building a Sim-- sort of templates I guess.
* Ability to save game while in build mode in case of interruption if you don't want to have to exit the build mode to save
* Play multiple households without losing progress for the currently selected family when switching to another
* Customizable careers using career templates so we can set a career path for our Sims
* Different types of doors- bifold doors, accordion doors, mirrored doors
* Closets
* More traits and interests so Sims can have more unique personalities
* A larger variety of voices-- just look at some of the games from over 15 years ago, they had more voices with different styles/attitudes
* More musical instruments and the ability to have orchestras (or at least have Sims play multiple instruments together).
* Allow teen/adolescent Sims to take some college courses or AP classes to get on the fast track
* Allow older Sims (adult, middle age, mature, and elder) to take college courses and get degrees
* Allow multiple degrees to be obtained
* University/college courses can be taken online or classes can be attended at a local building, but Sims can still have the option to move in to dorms

I have many more ideas, but this is all I can think of for now.
Post edited by Suceress on

Comments

• SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    Thanks, anywho. I really want to enjoy this franchise again. I've seen so many of these things in other video games. I know in other video games you could shorten or lengthen sleeves, pants, hair, etc.
    Does anyone else have some suggestions or amendments or other feedback?
  • MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
    Well for The Sims 5 I would love a range of different houses so flats, normal house, bungalow, campervan, caravan etc. In Sims I just get bored of living in the same old buildings so I'd really love it if EA made more houses for the next Sims game. :)

@Suceress:

I loved your ideas, all of them were extremely good hopefully EA will take note of them :D
  • AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    edited December 2014
    Hair Morphs - extend hair length and volume using the same feature used in faces and bodies

And Create-a-School
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    I would love to play in a big city such as Bridgeport, but cooler! Like having sims live in a city like those in SimCity 5! That has always been my dream! Hopefully that will someday be possible.
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Felicia1990Felicia1990 Posts: 248 Member
    Sims 5?! :\
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Animated hair that blows with the wind and gets wet when in water. As well as the option to create your own hairstyles in-game (call it CAH).
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    @Suceress -- Nice list. There are a few I disagree with as the addition of them could make the game a monster. Having too many life stages will cause the game to be come congested. (I just want back what was in TS3 but with more interactions for the infants and toddlers). Create-a-World is currently free, so there is no added cost. I believe if it were added to the actual game, it would cause the game to be come unstable. CaW is easy to corrupt and I would not like to risk the game play for that. World editing, however, is a different thing. I believe the game needs world editing.

I would really like to see the basement walls treated as standard walls so windows and doors can be added. A walk-out basement would be awesome. I would like to be able to blend the roof so the diagonal portions aren't layered or poking out at awkward positions. Allowing terrain building inside the house would give us the ability to have multi-level floors on the same story (split level style) and allow us to create landings for stairways midway through a story. This feature would also make swimming pools adjustable so a kiddy pool can be added for Toddlers.

I want a few more farm animals with some useful interactions. I would like the horses to be able to pull a wagon/buggy that can be used for transportation. Wells that yield water. Fireplaces with the cook interaction. Campfires with the cook interactions.

Since Create-a-World is free, I won't complain. However, I would like to see it go live with a few enhancements. (This could be a revenue-generator if it is done correctly) I would like to be able to create overhangs without adding rocks/stones. Even if this were an item that is placed over an opening, it would be better than the rocks for creating cave openings, tunnels, and the like. I would like more choices with the road function, roads without sidewalks, dirt/gravel roads, overpasses and ramps. I would like to have a few people, even if they are of a fixed sort, in the in-game edit to aid in trouble-shooting. I would also like to have movement back for in-game edit so waterfalls and rivers can be reviewed.

I like the CaS, CaSt, and the color wheel. I would like to see more hairstyles that are traditional or standard.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    edited December 2014
    1. Offline single player capability. If they want to go the online multiplayer route that's fine but this MUST be an optional thing, as to me Sims has always been a single player game. And if they do go the route of both, no "unlockable objects" that are available only to multiplayers.

2. In fact, no objects that are completely locked at all. You want some objects you have to unlock via a career path fine, but at least put them available as buydebg.

3. Color Wheel or color palette, where we the player choose the color lines. 16 color minimum, 32 color preferable, I'd love a 64 color palette but I don't see that happening. 32 is standard though so I don't understand why this would be a problem.

4. At very least a semi open world. Neighborhoods of say 10-15 lots, within a world that has maybe 6 neighborhoods? Within each neighborhood there are no loading screens. Loading screens only occur when traveling to different neighborhoods.

5. Some things that are EP releases at this point ought to be considered for base game release. Dogs, cats, weather, nightclubs with DJS and karaoke, shops, restaurants, and maybe one vacation type world to be included in a base game.

6. Toddlers and pools in base game of course.

7. Bring back the terrain editing, PLEASE. :'(

8. The multi-tasking that Sims 4 has introduced. Because I love it.

9. CAS from Sims 4 please, simply put to me its the best CAS we've had yet. Minus the preset colorization of course.

10. Seach feature from Build/Buy. Oh my gosh I love this so much.

11. It's probably just me, but an easier way to do roofing, stairs and split levels. I don't know. I'm not that great of a builder and have always had issues with it, but roofing and stairs always is a pain, Particularly if I'm trying to do anything beyond just a one directional stair - like a u-or l shaped staircase.

12. No launcher like in Sims 3. The reasoning behind this should be obvious. It was unwieldy, slow and a pain in the behind....
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • abbyshireabbyshire Posts: 601 Member
    OPEN WORLD! Not semi-open, not closed. O-P-E-N. (Please and thank you.) Great list, OP.
    ETA: Darn you, autocorrect!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Wow nice list. Being able to control gnomes would be cool like setting them lose to attack a neighbor's yard. Having pet aquatic animals would be nice such as a dolphin. Interactive work and school locations. I would love to see what my Sims did at work and school for all career levels kind of like how it showed for some in the Sims 3. Return to Strangetown would be nice. The ability to carry on more than one supernatural ability through offspring. I had fun being able to do that with a Sims 2 mod. Interactive community lots like being able to watch a movie with your Sims in a movie theater. Being able to do more crafts like knitting and crocheting with my Sims. Toy race cars for children. I guess I'll stop there for now.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    All great ideas,.. I think.. As @jcp011c2 pointed out, adding too much content will make it a monster or require a full-bore Gamer rig of a computer.. which is great for those who want or can afford one of those beasts.. -But all-in-all great ideas, especially the ability to do more with their hair.

Right now I have run into more than a couple "built-in" SIMS with the same edition of "Official Sim Hair" as either or both of mine and, well, tweak the facial features all you want, they still look too much alike.

I'd also like to (IMHO) to see ghosts back to what they're supposed to be and not something that can be interacted with like "any other SIM" (Or at least make "authentic, creepy ghosts" an option for each player to choose.)

Ditto for the reaper. It's all well and good to chat with him, trick him with the hand (bone) buzzer or even vent "toxic cloud" at him, but honestly, at the end of the day I prefer the earlier version of the reaper-- someone you really would rather not see and definitely not something you want hanging around after he does his thing.
    Great additional suggestions thus far. Thank you!

Good point about not making the game a "monster" that would be difficult to load. I know in some games there is an "open world" type thing where you don't have many loading screens, but there is a little bit of loading the details as you move to other areas. I like the idea of multiple neighborhoods. I would love to have transitions from different types of neighborhoods-- from busy cities, to suburbs, to rural areas.

Glad someone mentioned the point of having basement walls being treated as normal walls. That was something I wanted but didn't express well in my list.

Maybe in terms of world editing you could have preset neighborhoods that you can put down in different places in the world but you could also design your own neighborhoods (maybe with an outside tool/program) to use and that neighborhoods could be similar to lots in terms of being able to be saved and placed in a world.

Weather would be nice since it was already in Sims 3.

I agree that single player offline mode is the way to go.

Being able to search for things is also nice.

Keep the ideas coming! I'm loving it. :-)
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    edited December 2014
    A game like this would mean the death of my poor laptop. RIP HP :(

But would be a good excuse to get a new one, yay.

Anyway, it is inspiring that some people have the optimism to see yet another version of the Sims in the future. Dream big baby, just not too big :D
    Post edited by joleaco on
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • NeroTrippeNeroTrippe Posts: 66 Member
    Something I always wanted is that CAs can load up a sim taken from a picture... how awesome would that be!!
    But not realistic looking, like cartoony that we see in the Sims 2 & 4
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    NeroTrippe wrote: »
    Something I always wanted is that CAs can load up a sim taken from a picture... how awesome would that be!!
    But not realistic looking, like cartoony that we see in the Sims 2 & 4

That could be a positive but it could also cause some surprises that are less than pleasant.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    No freaking loading screens. Ugh.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I want support for texture packs.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    1. CASt so I can design costumes for my actors
    2. Open World
    3. or semi-open world - not the disaster that is Sims 4's. What I mean is: One loading screen for an area and 4+ houses/lots get fully loaded and are shown.
    4. Horses
    5. Height Sliders
    6. Ability to make our own hairstyles
    7. No more rabbit hole careers
    8. Sims 4's CAS will suffice, I suppose. Or they could make something better than that.

I seem to be aiming high
  • mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    I'd say good list, but I want these for Sims 4. At present, I care nothing of Sims 5 since the base game just began. Why not get the things we want now? I like the ideas here.
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • GarethlexGarethlex Posts: 159 Member
    Lmao why is this post even open .... sims4 is a huge fail at the moment as it is they need to work on not screwing up this game anymore... i dont think we need to worry about a sims5. i paid 40 pounds for this game i want to see some change... and I dont expect to be charged seen as the game is mediocre as it is.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited December 2014
    Wishlist for The Sims 5 ?

I wish... no TS5 , I want a TS4 engine which is able to evolve

I'm tired to restart everything without content into a new empty basegame.

I want ONE "The Sims" game once for all.

Like OS X and soon Windows 10, no new number , just a progressive evolution !

Stop the basegame curse !
  • HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    It's a shame that some are hoping for another addition to the franchise because TS4 has only just come out. Clearly, TS4 isn't liked by some and it's to be expected because not everyone wants exactly the same thing. It's just sad that those who want TS5 may have to wait a long time. If the franchise slows down too much, TS5 may never arrive.
    As can possibly be derived, I'm okay with TS4. But that's isn't to say I don't feel for those whose expectations haven't been met. :(
    HSau :)
  • SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    1. Offline single player capability. If they want to go the online multiplayer route that's fine but this MUST be an optional thing, as to me Sims has always been a single player game. And if they do go the route of both, no "unlockable objects" that are available only to multiplayers.

2. In fact, no objects that are completely locked at all. You want some objects you have to unlock via a career path fine, but at least put them available as buydebg.

3. Color Wheel or color palette, where we the player choose the color lines. 16 color minimum, 32 color preferable, I'd love a 64 color palette but I don't see that happening. 32 is standard though so I don't understand why this would be a problem.

4. At very least a semi open world. Neighborhoods of say 10-15 lots, within a world that has maybe 6 neighborhoods? Within each neighborhood there are no loading screens. Loading screens only occur when traveling to different neighborhoods.

5. Some things that are EP releases at this point ought to be considered for base game release. Dogs, cats, weather, nightclubs with DJS and karaoke, shops, restaurants, and maybe one vacation type world to be included in a base game.

6. Toddlers and pools in base game of course.

7. Bring back the terrain editing, PLEASE. :'(

8. The multi-tasking that Sims 4 has introduced. Because I love it.

9. CAS from Sims 4 please, simply put to me its the best CAS we've had yet. Minus the preset colorization of course.

10. Seach feature from Build/Buy. Oh my gosh I love this so much.

11. It's probably just me, but an easier way to do roofing, stairs and split levels. I don't know. I'm not that great of a builder and have always had issues with it, but roofing and stairs always is a pain, Particularly if I'm trying to do anything beyond just a one directional stair - like a u-or l shaped staircase.

12. No launcher like in Sims 3. The reasoning behind this should be obvious. It was unwieldy, slow and a pain in the behind....

I love everything on your list, @jcp011c2, except #5. Sorry, but I really don't want *ANYTHING* from the EPs to be included in the base game - any base game version of The Sims.

You see, this is one of the things that was wrong with TS3 - they put "restaurants" and "stores" in the base game. And, because it was a base game, they were poorly done rabbit-holes. No, I would much rather pay extra to have those things done *RIGHT*. I understand that there is a limited budget for everything - and I want every single penny of that budget spent on core game-play so that it is a stable foundation for the future EPs.

Besides, I don't want Pets in my game. They have done pets three times and each time the pets are more trouble than they are worth. I'm sure that other people feel the same way about other features, like nightclubs or weather (although who doesn't like nightclubs?).

I wouldn't mind if they added some of the minor features of some of the EPs into the base game - the way that they added gardening to the base of TS3 - but major features deserve to have their own budget so that they can be done well.

My list of Must Haves would look like this:

1. Single-player, off-line game

2. Fully featured CASt; not just a color-wheel but the whole she-bang. And I want to be able to recolor everything including the door-handles, tissue box and stencils.

3. SEVEN life-stages - Baby (not an object!), Toddler (with deeper play like there was in TS2), Children (I hear that they are pretty good in TS4), Teens (acnes and mood swings, please), Young Adults (that are different from the adult stage!), Adults (they can start showing their age) and Elders (that aren't decrepit wrecks). They can add more stages in an EP if they want - I would buy it. But lets have the basics, at least.

4. An open or semi-open world. I like that you can move between 'neighborhoods' in TS4, but a neighborhood should be a *LOT* bigger than 5 measly lots! I like jcp011c2's idea of 10 to 15 lots 'neighborhoods' with multiple neighborhoods making up a 'world' and free movement between 'worlds'. (maybe we should call them 'districts' instead.)

5. The ability to customize terrain and neighborhoods within the game. I'm not asking for a full-blown Create-a-World, but the player should be able to edit/ add lots and place neighborhood décor so that each game is personalized. A separate (free) Create-a-World program would also be nice.

6. Multi-level foundations. TS2 sort of had this with it's 'stages' but I wish they were stackable so that it was easier to create multi-level houses, walk-out basements and the like.

7. Basements. Oh, and four or more build-levels that don't include basements!

8. Better roofing tools. I know that roofs are hard, but this is 2014 and if they can send men into space surely someone can develop an easier way to create roofs in The Sims.

9. A stable base game. Please, for the love of little green apples, get a third-party to beta-test the game. Please stop doing your beta-testing in-house, EA! Yes, it saves money, but it also produces a buggy game.

10. Quick patches when they are needed. Stop relying on free labor from the community to fix your game's lousy coding. If you pay someone to code then they should be competent enough to do it properly.

11. Facial animations. TS2 had them but they were primitive. TS3 barely had them at all. TS4's are over-exaggerated. Just some simple facial animations for talking, eating, happy, sad, angry, romantic, etc. There don't have to be a lot as long as they are well done and used independently of body animations.

12. Better animations over all. TS2's were too long, but at least they were interesting. Part of the reason that people say that TS3's Sims are robotic is because the animations are so minimal. The animations in TS4 are so over-done that they look ridiculous. There should be a middle-ground.

13. No 'evil showers', 'angry poops', 'extreme naps' or 'peeing like a champion'. Seriously. First of all, they aren't funny. Secondly, if a player has an option, the Sims should have a unique animation that goes with that option. I can not stress that enough.

14. Lots and lots of options for Story Progression. The player should be able to turn it on and off for each household or just do the entire neighborhood. Players who like to rotate through the whole neighborhood and control every Sim should be able to do so and players who don't want to have to control everything should be able to put it on automatic pilot.

15. No shops, restaurants, nightclubs, spas, pets, weather, open careers, vacation spots, etc. in the base game. I know that isn't popular, but if they are added then they aren't done well. I'd rather pay extra to have something done right than suffer with a rabbit-hole or lame, useless lot. Gyms, museums, public pools, libraries, parks, etc. are all fine.

16. Did I mention that the game should be stable?

• DawnbreakEdgeDawnbreakEdge Posts: 130 Member
    edited December 2014
    They can add the majority of these things to TS4. Don't you think you're jumping the gun?
    Hey! Follow me on the gallery at: DawnbreakEdge

Follow my Sims 4 Blog on tumblr!: dawnbreaksims.tumblr.com/

My Showcase: Click Me!