Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello @Listen2theMusic :) I have posted to you on the other thread but it was great reading here about your favourite packs and the favourites aspects that you enjoy in the versions of the game.
    Building in the sims 4 is very enjoyable! It is a very special way of expressing our creativity through the game! It is great working out the colour schemes and what furnishings to use.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    Brand new Member! Ive been playing Sims3 with my girlfriend for awhile and she kept talking about how great this community was, so I figured it was time to join it!

My favorite thing about the game is the story that emerges, and a lot of the time one I didn't expect! As soon as I saw you could make sims that were any color at all I went ahead and made my favorite teen titan, Beast Boy... And had a TON of fun getting him up to the international super spy job! Then I made some X-men, and some other random sims....

Have a great day everyone!
  • Options
    DinoJr wrote: »
    Brand new Member! Ive been playing Sims3 with my girlfriend for awhile and she kept talking about how great this community was, so I figured it was time to join it!

My favorite thing about the game is the story that emerges, and a lot of the time one I didn't expect! As soon as I saw you could make sims that were any color at all I went ahead and made my favorite teen titan, Beast Boy... And had a TON of fun getting him up to the international super spy job! Then I made some X-men, and some other random sims....

Have a great day everyone!

Hello @DinoJr :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Creating sims and working out background details for them is very enjoyable, and then it is fun seeing how the story develops as we play them in the game! It is very nice that you are enjoy creating sims.
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads, meeting fellow simmers and posting about your simming experiences.
    Happy simming ! :)
  • Options
    Thanks @rosemow for the response! Ive seen some people posting pictures and stories they have told sort of like a webcomic style, and I sort of want to try something like that with some sims... I think it could be a lot of fun to share those stories as they come up for me. Im still getting used to all the different things you can do.. only just found out you can create entire custom worlds... sounds like a lot of fun!
  • Options
    Thanks @rosemow for the response! Ive seen some people posting pictures and stories they have told sort of like a webcomic style, and I sort of want to try something like that with some sims... I think it could be a lot of fun to share those stories as they come up for me. Im still getting used to all the different things you can do.. only just found out you can create entire custom worlds... sounds like a lot of fun!

You’re welcome @DinoJr :) Simmers will enjoy reading the stories of and looking at the pictures of the sims in your game! I hope will enjoy doing it when you have become a full member and can then post pictures and links :)
  • Options
    So I usually see those when my gf is looking at them. Is there a specific place in the forums for those to get posted? I always just assumed they were done blog style...
  • Options
    So I usually see those when my gf is looking at them. Is there a specific place in the forums for those to get posted? I always just assumed they were done blog style...

You can post them in the Sims 3 Stories and Legacies section of the forums if you would like to do that. Or you can post links in a thread to an external blog site where your stories are.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/stories-and-legacies
  • Options
    Thank you for answering my questions! Ive heard good things about this community, and I am not disappointed!! <3
  • Options
    Thank you for answering my questions! Ive heard good things about this community, and I am not disappointed!! <3

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    OneSweetPotatoOneSweetPotato Posts: 17 Member
    Hi there, I'm a long time simmer but new to the forums! Hoping to (eventually) -_- share some of my games/legacies :smiley:
  • Options
    Hi there, I'm a long time simmer but new to the forums! Hoping to (eventually) -_- share some of my games/legacies :smiley:

Hello @OneSweetPotato :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very special that you have Legacies in your game <3 You would enjoy seeing the new generations of sims, and how they are different or similar to their family members.
  • Options
    OneSweetPotatoOneSweetPotato Posts: 17 Member
    Thanks @rosemow ! I've been browsing the forums for a while theiving ideas from everyone else's stories but have a few of my originals. I love having them all on the same save and jumping between families so they all grow up together and interact/move in with each other.
  • Options
    Thanks @rosemow ! I've been browsing the forums for a while theiving ideas from everyone else's stories but have a few of my originals. I love having them all on the same save and jumping between families so they all grow up together and interact/move in with each other.

• Options
    stepanyastepanya Posts: 20 Member
    Hello everyone! My name is Steph and I've been a fan of Sims since the first one.

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ? It changes everytime! But so far loving city living.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? Endless stuff to do!

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? Yes, motherlode for sure

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? Go crazy with your sims every once in a while to keep the game interesting

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? Yes, my favorite part is building. I just don't like that it takes me such a looong time to finish
  • Options
    stepanya wrote: »
    Hello everyone! My name is Steph and I've been a fan of Sims since the first one.

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ? It changes everytime! But so far loving city living.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? Go crazy with your sims every once in a while to keep the game interesting

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? Yes, my favorite part is building. I just don't like that it takes me such a looong time to finish

Hello @stepanya :) It is nice to meet you . Welcome to the forums!
    Each of the packs are great! It is hard to choose one as a favourite pack!
    It is nice that you enjoy building when simming. It is very nice thst we can bring our design ideas into sims game form. It is great that there is a wide variety of styles and types of homes and venues thar we can enjoy building and furnishing.
  • Options
    BonasitaBonasita Posts: 54 Member
    stepanya wrote: »

Oh, that’s all me too. I made one of my female sims a major player. It’s fun. And I take so long building stuff! It’s always just one more thing and then I’m done...
    Daughter started playing Sims 4, I joined her, she quit, I'm addicted! Moms play games too.
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood! :D
  • Options
    KuroridaKurorida Posts: 385 Member
    Hey green diamonds xD Name's Cláudia, I'm portuguese and I've played all TS Games since my childhood -happy memories (':- I already knew about this website, whenever I had a question or was stuck in the game I googled it and I always found the answers here. However I never thought of creating an acc....but for some reason I did it today xD And I found out that TSF is more fun than I think it would be!

vvvv Now, answering those interesting questions vvvv

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ? Well at the beginning I was so enthusastic with city living that I literally ignored the others EPs. Now I'm trying to change it a little, since I'm now more into build mode and the residentials have much more options and aren't so limited like the appartements.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? I don't know, I love so many things....but maybe creating sims, and seeing them living their lives, get attached to them -is this what being a god feels like? Nevermind-

3. Do you play with cheats? Of course, here's the main ones > Motherlode, bb.moveobjects, cas.fulleditmode, and maybe some more that I can't remember now xD

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? Like game playing? Hmmm, dunno, I think I know what most of you know xD

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? Yeah, of course <3 My fav is the cas, as it always was in TS Games -like you imagine your OCs but with so many endless stuff you can turn your sim even more interesting <3 And I also love the random moments, when it's the game creating and give you ideas for the story!
    The thing I dislike is the random townies, gosh, I would like to see worlds only with my sims but now and then appears creepy wandering zombie-like sims, most of them are so ungly, I pitty them xD

And that's it, nice to meet you all ~
    P.S.: Please forgive any mistake I did.
    P.P.S.: It's funny to see veterans's posts when they where still newbies here, It will be funny when my turn comes xD
    a41pgk.jpg
    English isn't my main language so forgive any mistake I make
    m e a n w h i l e
    Addicted To This Drug
  • Options
    Kurorida wrote: »
    Hey green diamonds xD Name's Cláudia, I'm portuguese and I've played all TS Games since my childhood -happy memories (':- I already knew about this website, whenever I had a question or was stuck in the game I googled it and I always found the answers here. However I never thought of creating an acc....but for some reason I did it today xD And I found out that TSF is more fun than I think it would be!

vvvv Now, answering those interesting questions vvvv

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ? Well at the beginning I was so enthusastic with city living that I literally ignored the others EPs. Now I'm trying to change it a little, since I'm now more into build mode and the residentials have much more options and aren't so limited like the appartements.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? I don't know, I love so many things....but maybe creating sims, and seeing them living their lives, get attached to them -is this what being a god feels like? Nevermind-

3. Do you play with cheats? Of course, here's the main ones > Motherlode, bb.moveobjects, cas.fulleditmode, and maybe some more that I can't remember now xD

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? Like game playing? Hmmm, dunno, I think I know what most of you know xD

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? Yeah, of course <3 My fav is the cas, as it always was in TS Games -like you imagine your OCs but with so many endless stuff you can turn your sim even more interesting <3 And I also love the random moments, when it's the game creating and give you ideas for the story!
    The thing I dislike is the random townies, gosh, I would like to see worlds only with my sims but now and then appears creepy wandering zombie-like sims, most of them are so ungly, I pitty them xD

And that's it, nice to meet you all ~
    P.S.: Please forgive any mistake I did.
    P.P.S.: It's funny to see veterans's posts when they where still newbies here, It will be funny when my turn comes xD

Hello @Kurorida :) I have posted to you on the other thread but it was great also reading here a little more about how you play the game. It is nice that you are now enjoying build mode. bb.moveobjects is a very helpful cheat to use when building! It allows us to use our creativity in a variety of new ways!
    Happy simming ! :)
  • Options
    KuroridaKurorida Posts: 385 Member
    @rosemow yeah, I still remember how happy I was when I found it, we can move everything freely and it's more realistic ^^ Thanks for all your kind words and receiving me (:
    a41pgk.jpg
    English isn't my main language so forgive any mistake I make
    m e a n w h i l e
    Addicted To This Drug
  • Options
    Kurorida wrote: »
    @rosemow yeah, I still remember how happy I was when I found it, we can move everything freely and it's more realistic ^^ Thanks for all your kind words and receiving me (:

• Options
    alostteenalostteen Posts: 56 Member
    Why is CC from a trusted creator appearing like this? http : / / prntscr . c o m / jeyz4o (remove spaces where necessary) Please don't remove my comment because there's a picture. The website won't let me post pictures...
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    alostteen wrote: »
    Why is CC from a trusted creator appearing like this? http : / / prntscr . c o m / jeyz4o (remove spaces where necessary) Please don't remove my comment because there's a picture. The website won't let me post pictures...

Http://prntscr.com/jeyz4o

Hello @alostteen
    You may not have the original mesh for the hair. Try going back to the cc download site and see if there is an original mesh that you also need to download.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > alostteen wrote: »
    >
    > Why is CC from a trusted creator appearing like this? http : / / prntscr . c o m / jeyz4o (remove spaces where necessary) Please don't remove my comment because there's a picture. The website won't let me post pictures...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @alostteen
    > You may not have the original mesh for the hair. Try going back to the cc download site and see if there is an original mesh that you also need to download.

Hi, thanks for your reply. No, there's no mesh needed. It was supposed to be a new mesh. The creator is Kiara Zurk: a well-known Maxis-match C.C. creator. Also, this is only an example of the catastrophe. I went on a C.C. hair haul days ago, and every single one of them appeared akin to the one in the picture. Ironically enough, a few from Kiara Zurk were the only ones that worked fine. What could be causing this?
  • Options
    And no, I don't own any unrefined and disgraceful mods like 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that are known to cause problems.
  • Options
    By own I meant I didn't download them.