Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• ChiefBear39ChiefBear39 Posts: 56 Member
    Hey there all!! I'm "new" ;) well:...neeew to the forums that is. I've been playing since sims 2!! I love the franchise!!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Hey there all!! I'm "new" ;) well:...neeew to the forums that is. I've been playing since sims 2!! I love the franchise!!

Hello @ChiefBear39 :) I posted to you on the other thread, but just wanted to say "happy simming " again! :)
  • ChiefBear39ChiefBear39 Posts: 56 Member
    I saw!! Thankyou!! You seem really sweet!!
  • HEW310HEW310 Posts: 242 Member
    Hi everyone! I've been on the forums for a little bit now, but I'm trying to become a member, since it would be easier when I enter for quality control contests. Speaking of quality control contests, ever since I found them, I really love entering! Even if I don't win, I still love to see the other entries. My goal is one day to get a Maxis fave. I enjoy making sims more than houses, but I also enjoy decorating. Anyways, onto the starter questions:
    1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ?
    City living because it's the only pack I have (other than the holiday stuff and the ones that came w/ digital deluxe sims)
    2. What is your favorite thing about the game?
    Making new sims!
    3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    I do-- bb.moveobjects :)
    4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    Nah, I'm still a basic sims player.
    5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    I have The Sims 4- in fact, it's the only sims I have! My favourite thing is the overall gameplay experience, while my least favourite thing is how I can't afford half the packs! (Luckily there's the black friday deals!)

I hope to get to know all of you better!
    h87xNtp.jpg
    HEW310 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I've been on the forums for a little bit now, but I'm trying to become a member, since it would be easier when I enter for quality control contests. Speaking of quality control contests, ever since I found them, I really love entering! Even if I don't win, I still love to see the other entries. My goal is one day to get a Maxis fave. I enjoy making sims more than houses, but I also enjoy decorating. Anyways, onto the starter questions:
    City living because it's the only pack I have (other than the holiday stuff and the ones that came w/ digital deluxe sims)
    Making new sims!
    I do-- bb.moveobjects :)
    Nah, I'm still a basic sims player.
    5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    I have The Sims 4- in fact, it's the only sims I have! My favourite thing is the overall gameplay experience, while my least favourite thing is how I can't afford half the packs! (Luckily there's the black friday deals!)

I hope to get to know all of you better!

Hello @hew1010 :)
    It is great that you are enjoying entering the Quality Control challenges. The sims that you have created for the challenges are very nice! It is enjoyable looking at the creations of fellow simmers :)
    City Living is a great Ep! It is nice that our sims can also enjoy living in apartments, and visit the various festivals.
    The Moo cheat is very helpful! It allows us to express our creativity in a variety of ways.
    Creating sims is a great part of simming! Making simselves of our family members and friends, then having them in our games, is very special :)
    Happy simming ! :)
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    Hi everyone! I joined the forums today but I'm not new to The Sims :)

I've only played GPs for TS4 (so far! - I hope to get City Living soon) so I'll answer for TS3: University and Seasons. Honorable mention: Late Night. I tend to prefer realistic gameplay.

For TS4: CAS, building a multi-generational family from one YA Sim, decorating, challenges.

I always do :) bb.moveobjects, money ###, cas.fulleditmode

I use a moderate amount of cc (clutter, wall art, clothing, piercings and tattoos, and more diverse skin tones and hairstyles) and I recommend doing so, especially whenever you're playing with non-white Sims - Maxis Match is usually best. Just make sure you're getting cc from vetted/trusted sources and scan all the files first.

Yes! My favorite things: CAS, build/buy mode, various new gameplay actions/options. My least favorite things: Less traits, no favorite food, missing some little realistic details like couples cuddling while sleeping, and less focus on family-oriented play (however it's gotten better with the Parenthood GP and the upcoming Cats & Dogs EP).
    Hi everyone! I joined the forums today but I'm not new to The Sims :)

I've only played GPs for TS4 (so far! - I hope to get City Living soon) so I'll answer for TS3: University and Seasons. Honorable mention: Late Night. I tend to prefer realistic gameplay.

For TS4: CAS, building a multi-generational family from one YA Sim, decorating, challenges.

I always do :) bb.moveobjects, money ###, cas.fulleditmode

I use a moderate amount of cc (clutter, wall art, clothing, piercings and tattoos, and more diverse skin tones and hairstyles) and I recommend doing so, especially whenever you're playing with non-white Sims - Maxis Match is usually best. Just make sure you're getting cc from vetted/trusted sources and scan all the files first.

Yes! My favorite things: CAS, build/buy mode, various new gameplay actions/options. My least favorite things: Less traits, no favorite food, missing some little realistic details like couples cuddling while sleeping, and less focus on family-oriented play (however it's gotten better with the Parenthood GP and the upcoming Cats & Dogs EP).

Hello @Nouvelliste :) I have posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say " happy simming" again!
    The Moo , money and cas.fulleditmode cheats are very helpful to use in the game! Moo helps us to express our creativity in a variety of new ways!
    It is great that you enjoy creating sims in CAS. The sims 4 cas tools are very helpful in creating sims that reflect how we would like them to look. It is enjoyable making simversions of family members, friends and celebrities, and seeing them in our games!
    Happy simming! :)
  • maicemaice Posts: 167 Member
    I posted on the other thread, but... I'm still a new member! So here goes:

I really loved the Parenthood pack. It brought so much more to the table :) I like family play a lot since I started going multi-generation challenges. I also liked bowling. I get bored of it pretty quickly, but I love the atmosphere (so do my sims). I know I will love Pets when it's out soon.

Playing with genetics is always fun. I like the moods and expressions, and the way friendships work. My sims have had a few friends that really do seem to care about them! They actively seek my sims out, will cross an entire lot just to autonomously join them at something. I think that's pretty neat.

Since I mostly play challenges, I haven't played cheats as much as I used to, except move objects. I've probably used all the cheats at one point or another in my fun files.

No. I've played for a long time, but I don't think I'm a very "deep" player. People are always suggesting things that surprise me, because I never would have thought of that.

See #2 for favorite... and least favorite... I suppose I am more annoyed by Get To Work than anything. I nearly failed a challenge because my sim couldn't max the doctor career. I haven't even tried detective but I hear it's in rough shape. It's starting to sound like the majority of that pack is useless, and I don't understand why it's acceptable/hasn't been fixed.
    maice wrote: »
    I posted on the other thread, but... I'm still a new member! So here goes:

I really loved the Parenthood pack. It brought so much more to the table :) I like family play a lot since I started going multi-generation challenges. I also liked bowling. I get bored of it pretty quickly, but I love the atmosphere (so do my sims). I know I will love Pets when it's out soon.

Playing with genetics is always fun. I like the moods and expressions, and the way friendships work. My sims have had a few friends that really do seem to care about them! They actively seek my sims out, will cross an entire lot just to autonomously join them at something. I think that's pretty neat.

Since I mostly play challenges, I haven't played cheats as much as I used to, except move objects. I've probably used all the cheats at one point or another in my fun files.

No. I've played for a long time, but I don't think I'm a very "deep" player. People are always suggesting things that surprise me, because I never would have thought of that.

See #2 for favorite... and least favorite... I suppose I am more annoyed by Get To Work than anything. I nearly failed a challenge because my sim couldn't max the doctor career. I haven't even tried detective but I hear it's in rough shape. It's starting to sound like the majority of that pack is useless, and I don't understand why it's acceptable/hasn't been fixed.

Hello @maice :)
    It is great that you are enjoying the Parenthood pack. It has added many special features to family life. The build/buy mode items are also great to use in our builds!
    It is nice when our sims meet up with and interact with their friends. They enjoy talking together and it is nice when they dining together at the same table.
    The moo cheat is very helpful! It allows us to use our creatively in many new ways!
    Happy simming ! :)
  • NirvanatjeNirvanatje Posts: 35 Member
    Hi everyone!

Supernatural ofcourse! (Because I looove being a vampire)

The concept creating a perfect and happy familiy (and then ruining their lives, lol)

Yes! MOTHERLODE$$$

Not yet :)

Nope :cry:
    Nirvanatje wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

Supernatural ofcourse! (Because I looove being a vampire)

The concept creating a perfect and happy familiy (and then ruining their lives, lol)

Yes! MOTHERLODE$$$

Not yet :)

Nope :cry:

Hello @Nirvanatje :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Sims 3 Supernatural is a great ep! It is nice that you like having vampires in your game. It was great that the ep brought different types of sims into the game.
    Money cheats are very helpful! They help sims to do activities or own items that they wouldn’t be able to afford.
    I hope that one day you will also have Sims 4.
  • elifdapetonelifdapeton Posts: 217 Member
    I recently just played with parenthood gamepack, it's pretty good but get to work is definitely my favorite in TS4.
    In the sims series, it'll always be season and pets.

I think it's the life simulation and creating your own story, it's also always nice to see what other people make.

Of course, I use almost all of them, bb.moveobjects are the one I use the most

Bored playing sims? try limiting your self by either doing challenge or stuff you never do

Yes. The gallery is the best, The 3 trait system is definitely the worst.
    peoples%2Blegacy.gif
    Peoples Legacy
    | Legacy Challenge Story. 18+
    I recently just played with parenthood gamepack, it's pretty good but get to work is definitely my favorite in TS4.
    In the sims series, it'll always be season and pets.

I think it's the life simulation and creating your own story, it's also always nice to see what other people make.

Of course, I use almost all of them, bb.moveobjects are the one I use the most

Bored playing sims? try limiting your self by either doing challenge or stuff you never do

Yes. The gallery is the best, The 3 trait system is definitely the worst.

Hello @elifdapeton :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you are enjoying GTW. It is nice that we can go with our sims to their work in the three new careers. The careers are great! Cheats are very helpful in the game! The Moo cheat helps us to express our creativity as we work on our builds, and using cheats can help when issues arise in the game,
    It is nice that we can download through the Gallery the very creative builds that other simmers have created in their games!
  • bebasimbebasim Posts: 581 Member
    A great thread and thank you for helping us newbies get our points up *grins*

As I have already posted an introduction I wont do it again but will add to the questions :)

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why?
    To be honest I don't have a favorite, i think they all contribute to the game play and i love variety. I can say the one i least like is supernatural (sorry but the zombies creep me out. I would love to get more into the witches and wizards side of things, as i love it in sims 2, but the zombies have creeped me out in sims 3, so much i had my hubby show me how to disable it from my game, for the time being - yikes.
    I am currently only missing cars and one more i believe but otherwise have then all and am enjoying the variety they provide in game play. Of course being new to sims3 i haven't even began to embark on all that each EP allows or gives ( only worked out the other day how to send sims on a holiday lol)

Hmm a difficult one, I love sims for the reason that one day i can play sims, the next design and create houses etc, it allows for such a diversity in creativity. I also love how the screenshots are huge compared to sims 2 and the characters more life like. I also must admit i love how you can upload and share characters and download other members characters and house designs, pets etc, the community of sharing is amazing!

Yes - Boolprop is a common one for me, i also use "make happy" many times as i find with more than 4 characters some can miss out on the attention at times, and when i have a long sleepless night of game play i need it often enough. I also have mastercontroller and PP installed as i hope to see how far my legacy of breeding can go and as the game has restrictions to how many animals/members a household can have, I have installed it for use when needed. (atm i have had some issues with the script errors but for now it seems to be working).

Not really tips or tricks apart from enjoy the game, keep on sharing and be creative. Happy simming.

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    No I brought sims 3 (missing 2 ep's and have the whole collection) - sims 4 turned me off for the reason they don't have horses in their pets EP so until they do I will continue with sims 3. *hint hint Sim creators*

Well i guess that's it for me and hopefully my points and posting will bumb up enough for me to be able to start my own thread and legacy posts.
    Happy simming all
    Hello @bebasim :) I posted to you on the other thread but just saying “ happy simming” again :)
    Cheats are very helpful in the game, particularly when having a large household. Using the moo cheat when building is an enjoyable help that allows us to express creativity in many new creative ways!
    Each of the aspects of simming is fun to do! It is enjoyable creating sims, building homes for them to live in and venues for them to visit, and then seeing them live their simming lives in our games! They make us laugh at times, then other times we empathise with them.
    Simming is lots of fun! :)
  • bebasimbebasim Posts: 581 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @bebasim :) I posted to you on the other thread but just saying “ happy simming” again :)
    > Cheats are very helpful in the game, particularly when having a large household. Using the moo cheat when building is an enjoyable help that allows us to express creativity in many new creative ways!
    > Each of the aspects of simming is fun to do! It is enjoyable creating sims, building homes for them to live in and venues for them to visit, and then seeing them live their simming lives in our games! They make us laugh at times, then other times we empathise with them.
    > Simming is lots of fun! :)

Yes I seen that thank you :wink:
    Ok question "Moo cheat"? that is something new i am not aware of this one i think? Is that for building?
    Oh you are not wrong there, so true. My hubby often turns and looks at me in a weird face as to why i'm laughing my face off or tearing up when one dies or something goes wrong. I have to say i have had that happen many times, some sims i even turned to hate and almost want them gone. It is amazing how a game can be so intense yet rewarding.
    And most of all fun!
    bebasim wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @bebasim :) I posted to you on the other thread but just saying “ happy simming” again :)
    > Cheats are very helpful in the game, particularly when having a large household. Using the moo cheat when building is an enjoyable help that allows us to express creativity in many new creative ways!
    > Each of the aspects of simming is fun to do! It is enjoyable creating sims, building homes for them to live in and venues for them to visit, and then seeing them live their simming lives in our games! They make us laugh at times, then other times we empathise with them.
    > Simming is lots of fun! :)

Yes I seen that thank you :wink:
    Ok question "Moo cheat"? that is something new i am not aware of this one i think? Is that for building?
    Oh you are not wrong there, so true. My hubby often turns and looks at me in a weird face as to why i'm laughing my face off or tearing up when one dies or something goes wrong. I have to say i have had that happen many times, some sims i even turned to hate and almost want them gone. It is amazing how a game can be so intense yet rewarding.
    And most of all fun!

Hello @bebasim
    The moo cheat is the move objects on cheat
    http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Moveobjects
    You have probably used it in Sims 2 also.
  • MyInnerSimMyInnerSim Posts: 215 Member
    Hi, everyone. I'm not new to the Sims, I've played since the release of the Sims 1 Base game, but I am new to the forum.
    I've recently started a blog and a youtube channel and I found the forum by looking up challenges for my stories.

1. What is your favourite EP/SP and why?
    I don't know, there are so many good ones :)

2. What is your favourite thing about the game?
    I love the customisation of Create a Style.

Sometimes. I prefer not to cheat though :)

Umm, I can't think of anything right now lol

Yes, I've recently started playing The Sims 4. I miss the Create a Style feature from The Sims 3 but I do really like the Sims 4, I love the Get to work and Parenthood packs. I think the system for character values is brilliant.
    My YouTube channel and Twitter account have recently undergone a name change and are now Tamz Playz, for everything else I am still My Inner Sim.
    MyInnerSim wrote: »
    Hi, everyone. I'm not new to the Sims, I've played since the release of the Sims 1 Base game, but I am new to the forum.
    I've recently started a blog and a youtube channel and I found the forum by looking up challenges for my stories.

I don't know, there are so many good ones :)

I love the customisation of Create a Style.

Sometimes. I prefer not to cheat though :)

Umm, I can't think of anything right now lol

Yes, I've recently started playing The Sims 4. I miss the Create a Style feature from The Sims 3 but I do really like the Sims 4, I love the Get to work and Parenthood packs. I think the system for character values is brilliant.

Hello @MyInnerSim :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since the original sims 1. You would have enjoyed many hours of fun and enjoyable simming time over the years!
    It is exciting that you have started a simming blog and YouTube channel! I hope that they go very well.
    The Sims 4 GTW and Parenthood packs are great! Parehthood adds a lot of special features to sims family life !
  • MyInnerSimMyInnerSim Posts: 215 Member
    @rosemow Thanks for replying :)
    Haha, yes I believe I spent a fair few hours playing The Sims with each new release :)
    Thanks, yes they're both doing pretty good considering I've only just started them. If you want to check them out my blog is myinnersim.com and my youtube channel is under My Inner Sim :)
    Yeah, I haven't had a lot of time playing The Sims 4 because I only bought it a few months ago but I do love some of the new ideas. I just wish they'd incorporated more of The Sims 3 features.
    My YouTube channel and Twitter account have recently undergone a name change and are now Tamz Playz, for everything else I am still My Inner Sim.
    MyInnerSim wrote: »
    @rosemow Thanks for replying :)
    Haha, yes I believe I spent a fair few hours playing The Sims with each new release :)
    Thanks, yes they're both doing pretty good considering I've only just started them. If you want to check them out my blog is myinnersim.com and my youtube channel is under My Inner Sim :)
    Yeah, I haven't had a lot of time playing The Sims 4 because I only bought it a few months ago but I do love some of the new ideas. I just wish they'd incorporated more of The Sims 3 features.

You’re welcome :) Happy simming!
  • Anime_CakeAnime_Cake Posts: 10 New Member
    Hi, I'm new on the forums! I'd just like to say hi! I originally came here to look up ideas and help etc., and now finally have decided to actually use the platform! I don't have much to say, but here are my answers!

When the Get to Work dropped, I was obsessed with it. However, I must say City Living brings the game further to life.
    I can stone an apartment life in San Myshuno for an entire weekend, and I get loads of ideas playing it. Some I'd also like to share, someday. (hehe, lazy :tongue: )

Again, city living. Or maybe just the sims themselves, sometimes I get way (and by that I mean waaaay) to attached to my sims and end up having to turn off aging.

bb.moveobjects mainly, I usally don't use a lot of cheats, I like making themed budget houses. Sometimes kaching, rosebud or motherlode does the stuff, hehe! :smile:

Yes, if you're out of ideas a whole bunch of "households" have a story in the description. If I had the time, I'd play 'em all' out! (Lots of the households Maxis favourites also come with a great storyline)

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favourite and least favourite things?
    Oh yeah, from the Sims to the Sims 4, got all four. My favourites? The sims, especially the toddlers! City Living also does a big deal. My least favourite things? The constant loading screen, and that some of the things shown (I'm thinking group selfies with amazing poses and sitting on the edge of a sofa) in pictures of the game isn't a thing. (It would be cool doe)
    Anime_Cake wrote: »
    Hi, I'm new on the forums! I'd just like to say hi! I originally came here to look up ideas and help etc., and now finally have decided to actually use the platform! I don't have much to say, but here are my answers!

When the Get to Work dropped, I was obsessed with it. However, I must say City Living brings the game further to life.
    I can stone an apartment life in San Myshuno for an entire weekend, and I get loads of ideas playing it. Some I'd also like to share, someday. (hehe, lazy :tongue: )

Again, city living. Or maybe just the sims themselves, sometimes I get way (and by that I mean waaaay) to attached to my sims and end up having to turn off aging.

bb.moveobjects mainly, I usally don't use a lot of cheats, I like making themed budget houses. Sometimes kaching, rosebud or motherlode does the stuff, hehe! :smile:

Yes, if you're out of ideas a whole bunch of "households" have a story in the description. If I had the time, I'd play 'em all' out! (Lots of the households Maxis favourites also come with a great storyline)

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favourite and least favourite things?
    Oh yeah, from the Sims to the Sims 4, got all four. My favourites? The sims, especially the toddlers! City Living also does a big deal. My least favourite things? The constant loading screen, and that some of the things shown (I'm thinking group selfies with amazing poses and sitting on the edge of a sofa) in pictures of the game isn't a thing. (It would be cool doe)

Hello @Anime_Cake :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have all the versions of The Sims. You would enjoy playing the different versions, depending on which household you would like to play that day, or what you would like to do in the game.
    City Living is a great ep! It is nice that our sims can enjoy living in apartments and visit the festivals.
    Moo is a very helpful cheat! It allows us to express our creativity in many new and different ways! It is nice that you enjoy building themed budget homes. Your sims would like living in them.
    Our sims do become very special to us! We are happy when they are happy, and empathise when troubles occur or they are sad.
  • Anime_CakeAnime_Cake Posts: 10 New Member
    @rosemow
    Wow, thanks for replying! <3
    Lovely to see that this thread is still alive, I thought I was late to the party, haha!

Happy simming to you, too! :)