Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• KathyriniaKathyrinia Posts: 15 New Member
    2. What is your favorite thing about the game?

making new families and watching them grow
  • LadyLuxLadyLux Posts: 34 Member
    Hello! Technically I've been here a year, but I've abandonned this account for so long I feel like I need to introduce myself again. So hello! *waves*

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ?
    I love Open For Business, loved it on TS2, love Get to Work on TS4. I'm a sucker for tycoon/strategy type games so having this type of gameplay inserted into TS4 is my idea of heaven. I only wish that you could choose to live above a shop and save travelling backwards and forth all of the time.

How versatile it is, also the user-made challenges.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    I only use cheats (other than move_objects) when doing challenges. Sometimes if there's an unbearably ugly offspring I will tinker with them a bit if they're going to be the next heir.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    Dragonfruit plants are the one if you're doing some kind of runaway/legacy challenge.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    I think they've fixed a lot of my issues I had in the beginning with more packs and updates. The base game wasn't much, but now it's probably my favourite sims now it has a lot more flesh on its bones.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    Kathyrinia wrote: »
    What is your favorite EP/SP and why ?

island paradise and seasons are my favorite just because to me they're the most nicely done

Hello @Kathyrinia
    Island Paradise and Seasons are great Sims 3 eps! It is nice having our sims live on houseboats or enjoying running resorts.
    It is very nice seeing the different types of weather conditions that Seasons brought to the game.The changing world landscapes with each new season is very pretty! It is nice seeing our sims enjoying doing seasonal activities.
    Happy simming! :)
    LadyLux wrote: »
    Hello! Technically I've been here a year, but I've abandonned this account for so long I feel like I need to introduce myself again. So hello! *waves*

I love Open For Business, loved it on TS2, love Get to Work on TS4. I'm a sucker for tycoon/strategy type games so having this type of gameplay inserted into TS4 is my idea of heaven. I only wish that you could choose to live above a shop and save travelling backwards and forth all of the time.

How versatile it is, also the user-made challenges.

I only use cheats (other than move_objects) when doing challenges. Sometimes if there's an unbearably ugly offspring I will tinker with them a bit if they're going to be the next heir.

Dragonfruit plants are the one if you're doing some kind of runaway/legacy challenge.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    I think they've fixed a lot of my issues I had in the beginning with more packs and updates. The base game wasn't much, but now it's probably my favourite sims now it has a lot more flesh on its bones.

Hello @LadyLux :)
    The retail feature in GTW is great! It is enjoyable having our sims selling a variety of items in their store, or having a themed shop for sims to visit and enjoy purchasing goods.
    Doing simming challenges is fun! It encourages us to play the game in new ways than how we may normally play the game.It is a great part of simming. It is nice seeing how other simmers are going on the same challenge also.
    Happy simming ! :)
  • SøphieSøphie Posts: 3 New Member
    [b]1.) What is your favorite EP/SP and why?[/b]
    I like a lot of the EPs, but I'd have to say TS3 Pets or TS4 Get to Work are my favorites because I'm a huge animal lover and I LOVE to roleplay as Warrior Cats and make my own Clans in Pets. (Hopefully, there will be Pets for TS4 and you don't need to have the animals have owners!) I like Get to Work too because it's boring to just sit there and wait for your Sim to come back from work, so why not go to the workplace yourself and help?
    [b]2.) What is your favorite thing about the game?[/b]
    I love the fact that you can have legacies because with most simulation games you have that one family, that consists of a mother, father, and offspring but you have to reset in order to play as the offspring, whereas with the Sims you can still play as the original parents and the offspring.
    [b]3.)Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?[/b]
    Yes, I do! I rarely ever use the motherlode cheat, only when my Sims are broke like they only have $50. I probably mostly use the cheat in which you can fully edit CAS, in case I wanted a son, not a daughter or if my kids are too ugly. I also sometimes use the cheat in which you can give your Sims 100% needs, but only for weddings, dates, etc.
    [b]4.) Do you have any tips/tricks that you'd like to share?[/b]
    I often see people try to flirt with Sims, and the Sim will reject their Sim's flirt. Listen, if you're after a certain Sim, then to get a good reaction out of them is to have a high relationship status with them, like if they're Good Friends. A status 75-87% friendship bar is pretty good to roll out the "Ask if single" and "Flirt" options.
    [b]5.) Do you have the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?[/b]
    Yes, I do. My favorite things are, of course, the legacies, and how smoother things look. I don't think it was an option to go to Sixam in the past games too, so I also like the fact that you can actually go to the alien planet. My least favorite things is probably that they don't have seasons, and it ticks me off that my Sim is standing in the middle of the road and a car drives RIGHT THROUGH THEM. Like, I would like to have some sort of reaction instead of Sim language. It's not that I want my Sims to be hit by cars, but I would like it to be more realistic that way.
    Søphie wrote: »
    1.) What is your favorite EP/SP and why?
    I like a lot of the EPs, but I'd have to say TS3 Pets or TS4 Get to Work are my favorites because I'm a huge animal lover and I LOVE to roleplay as Warrior Cats and make my own Clans in Pets. (Hopefully, there will be Pets for TS4 and you don't need to have the animals have owners!) I like Get to Work too because it's boring to just sit there and wait for your Sim to come back from work, so why not go to the workplace yourself and help?
    2.) What is your favorite thing about the game?
    I love the fact that you can have legacies because with most simulation games you have that one family, that consists of a mother, father, and offspring but you have to reset in order to play as the offspring, whereas with the Sims you can still play as the original parents and the offspring.
    3.)Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    Yes, I do! I rarely ever use the motherlode cheat, only when my Sims are broke like they only have $50. I probably mostly use the cheat in which you can fully edit CAS, in case I wanted a son, not a daughter or if my kids are too ugly. I also sometimes use the cheat in which you can give your Sims 100% needs, but only for weddings, dates, etc.
    4.) Do you have any tips/tricks that you'd like to share?
    I often see people try to flirt with Sims, and the Sim will reject their Sim's flirt. Listen, if you're after a certain Sim, then to get a good reaction out of them is to have a high relationship status with them, like if they're Good Friends. A status 75-87% friendship bar is pretty good to roll out the "Ask if single" and "Flirt" options.
    5.) Do you have the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    Yes, I do. My favorite things are, of course, the legacies, and how smoother things look. I don't think it was an option to go to Sixam in the past games too, so I also like the fact that you can actually go to the alien planet. My least favorite things is probably that they don't have seasons, and it ticks me off that my Sim is standing in the middle of the road and a car drives RIGHT THROUGH THEM. Like, I would like to have some sort of reaction instead of Sim language. It's not that I want my Sims to be hit by cars, but I would like it to be more realistic that way.

Hello @Sophie :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Sims 3 Pets is a great Ep! It is nice having pets as a part of the Sims household. It sounds like Sims 4 Pets may be announced at Gamescom tomorrow morning! That would be exciting!
    Legacies are a very special part of simming! It is nice seeing the new generations of children and watching them grow up in our games. It is interesting seeing the differences and similaririties between siblings, and other generations.
  • SharpheartSharpheart Posts: 151 Member
    Expansion pack would be ts3 pets or ts4 get to work, pretty much for the exact reasons as s0phie, though I've never made my own clan surprisingly, seeing as that's where I get my username.

My favorite thing... i'm not entirely sure- I guess the progression, just getting to see your sim family age and achieve their goals/have kids

I usually do testingcheatsenabled true on the sims 3 and use the slider for social for my pets.

umm, actually no, I don't really know any tips or anything...

I do, my least favorite is probably building the roof... I hated that on the sims 3 so I did auto-roof on and 4 doesn't seem to have the option so my houses are roofless... favorite thing? they seem to need to eat 2 times a day, and the power/water gets shut off rather than things getting repoed. though the eating gets annoying sometimes...
    Sharpheart wrote: »
    Expansion pack would be ts3 pets or ts4 get to work, pretty much for the exact reasons as s0phie, though I've never made my own clan surprisingly, seeing as that's where I get my username.

My favorite thing... i'm not entirely sure- I guess the progression, just getting to see your sim family age and achieve their goals/have kids

I usually do testingcheatsenabled true on the sims 3 and use the slider for social for my pets.

umm, actually no, I don't really know any tips or anything...

I do, my least favorite is probably building the roof... I hated that on the sims 3 so I did auto-roof on and 4 doesn't seem to have the option so my houses are roofless... favorite thing? they seem to need to eat 2 times a day, and the power/water gets shut off rather than things getting repoed. though the eating gets annoying sometimes...

Hello @Sharpheart :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is great seeing our sims progress through their lives, get promoted in their careers, and enjoy spending time with their kids. It is special seeing them from when a baby , right through to the elder stage. They become special to us <3
    This link may help you with sims 4 roofing
    https://simsvip.com/the-sims-4-building-guide/#Roof
  • SharpheartSharpheart Posts: 151 Member
    Oh I'll definitely be checking that out~! thank you <3
  • CuteCoffeeGalCuteCoffeeGal Posts: 256 Member
    I've been playing The Sims since 2000, but somehow I never actually joined the forum until today!

The Sims 2 has a very special place in my heart - I probably played that version longer than I played The Sims 3. But I have been blown away by how awesome The Sims 4 has been. On principle I didn't get it until toddlers were introduced, so I haven't been playing it for a really long time, but it is so full and rich now!

I'm really hoping we get Seasons in The Sims 4, that's one piece I really miss!
    #EAGameChanger on YouTube: Let's Plays, CAS, Speed Builds - I'm currently playing the Decades Challenge! https://www.youtube.com/c/CuteCoffeeGal
    Gallery ID: CuteCoffeeGal
    Twitter: @CuriousLindsey
    I've been playing The Sims since 2000, but somehow I never actually joined the forum until today!

The Sims 2 has a very special place in my heart - I probably played that version longer than I played The Sims 3. But I have been blown away by how awesome The Sims 4 has been. On principle I didn't get it until toddlers were introduced, so I haven't been playing it for a really long time, but it is so full and rich now!

I'm really hoping we get Seasons in The Sims 4, that's one piece I really miss!

Hello @CuteCoffeeGal :)
    I have posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say " happy simming" again to you.
    It's nice that you are enjoying playing Sims 4. Toddlers are so very cute!
    Perhaps one day there will be Seasons in Sims 4.
    Happy simming ! :)
  • SkywaritaSkywarita Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey! Im a complete newbie in this website even tho I've been playing sims my whole life (probably more than I should) AND I'M HAPPY IM HERE, better later than never c:
    Skywarita wrote: »
    Hey! Im a complete newbie in this website even tho I've been playing sims my whole life (probably more than I should) AND I'M HAPPY IM HERE, better later than never c:

Hello @Skywarita :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the forums threads, and enjoy posting about your simming experiences . It is nice that you have been simming for quite a while.
  • HelkkuliHelkkuli Posts: 92 Member
    Since I'm new I tought that this would be great discussion to tell a little bit about me as a player.

Pets! I love dogs and horses and sims 3 was first time ever when two of my favourite species where placed on same game. I started playing the sims 2 back in the day just becouse of this expansion. I was so happy that I could pretend to be a breeder and even mix my favourite breeds together just to see what the puppies will look like.

I think I mostly explained it in previous answer but after playing with just sims 2 and pets I found my self falling in love with the game even more and more. Sowly I got every expansion pack and now there's no way back I have been playing sims games for over ten years. Sims allows me to follow my dreams and make them come true. When I was younger and my parents told me that we couldn't get a dog it helped me a lot that at least my sims were able to own dogs.

I only use cheats that help me with needs.

Not really I mean sims is kind of large genre with four main games and dozens of ep's, sp's and now even gp's.

Yes, my least favourite is that I miss pets so badly so I haven't fully left sims 3 but after pets come out I think I'll be happy. Best thing is that there are way less bugs.
    14453827.jpg

CHECK OUT MY CELEBRITY LOOK A LIKE SIMS AND DOG BREEDS FROM MY INSTAGRAM @anomitesplayssims

My origin id is anomites
    Helkkuli wrote: »
    Since I'm new I tought that this would be great discussion to tell a little bit about me as a player.

Pets! I love dogs and horses and sims 3 was first time ever when two of my favourite species where placed on same game. I started playing the sims 2 back in the day just becouse of this expansion. I was so happy that I could pretend to be a breeder and even mix my favourite breeds together just to see what the puppies will look like.

I think I mostly explained it in previous answer but after playing with just sims 2 and pets I found my self falling in love with the game even more and more. Sowly I got every expansion pack and now there's no way back I have been playing sims games for over ten years. Sims allows me to follow my dreams and make them come true. When I was younger and my parents told me that we couldn't get a dog it helped me a lot that at least my sims were able to own dogs.

I only use cheats that help me with needs.

Not really I mean sims is kind of large genre with four main games and dozens of ep's, sp's and now even gp's.

Yes, my least favourite is that I miss pets so badly so I haven't fully left sims 3 but after pets come out I think I'll be happy. Best thing is that there are way less bugs.

Hello @Helkkuli :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Pets are very special to have in our games! It is great seeing them interact with sims and with other pets. It is very nice that having pets in your game made you enjoy the game even more, and helps you to enjoy doing things or having pets that were unable to be a part of your real life.
    I am looking forward to November and the release of sims 4 Cats and Dogs! It sounds great!
  • IcedCaramelCreamIcedCaramelCream Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello everyone

Some Questions to Get You Started
    Supernatural. It's always been my favorite genre.

Creating families and building relationships.

I initially want to be but windows 10 made things difficult. I think I know how to now but never bothered

I'm still trying to figure some things out.

No and I probably won't be getting it anytime soon considering I'm just starting 3.
  • IcedCaramelCreamIcedCaramelCream Posts: 2 New Member
    Also I know this thread isn't for questions but for the life of me I can't figure out how to create a discussion. I see no blue button on the right. Are newbies not allowed to start new discussions?
    Hello everyone

Some Questions to Get You Started
    Supernatural. It's always been my favorite genre.

Creating families and building relationships.

I initially want to be but windows 10 made things difficult. I think I know how to now but never bothered

I'm still trying to figure some things out.

No and I probably won't be getting it anytime soon considering I'm just starting 3.

Hello @IcedCaramelCream :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have just started Sims 3 simming. Carls Sims 3 site has many helpful guides to playing the game. This is a link to the site. http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com
    You would enjoy having Sims 3 Supernstural Ep in your game, and having vampires, werewolves, witches and fairies in the sims worlds.
    Also I know this thread isn't for questions but for the life of me I can't figure out how to create a discussion. I see no blue button on the right. Are newbies not allowed to start new discussions?

There is usually a blue new discussion button at the top right hand side of the screen in the forum sections. But new discussion threads have been restricted for new members. You are unable to start a new thread until you become a full member. This has been brought in as a result of spambots.
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know
  • madampolarpopmadampolarpop Posts: 31 Member
    > @brandi22 said:
    > 1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ?
    >
    > 2. What is your favorite thing about the game?
    >
    > 3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    >
    > 4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    >
    > 5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?

My favorite expansion pack would have to be generations, pets, seasons, and honestly, university. The game just doesn't feel complete without these expansions. Generations should have been a part of the game from the get-go, as I feel it is pretty crucial that our elderly sims have memories of their past and to have the social interaction of showing off their grandchildren. Pets should have also been included, as they are considered family and the sims is all about making families :tongue: Seasons is also pretty important in my opinion, as summer cannot last forever lol... In order words, realism. Same thing with university. It would be awesome and extremely important and should be valued for your sim to go to university. Again, this is just my opinion! :smile:

My favorite thing about the sims is the fact that you can have families with unique genetics that pass down through the generations, and that you can play them however your heart desires. I personally like to play really chaotic situations, or really super duper normal situations.

Sometimes. It really just depends. For example, if I am playing non-challenge, non-legacy, ect situations, then I use the cheats motherlode, hideheadlineeffects, freerealestate, ect. I mostly cheat for pictures and background imagery for the pictures.

Not necessarily... Maybe, if you make your male sims face a little longer then they begin to look more realistic and masculine. Is that a tip? :smiley:

Absolutely! My favorite thing about the sims 4 is the mostly accurate genetic system they have in place. However, my least favorite thing is the unrealistic graphics. I still love the game lol.
    Hello @madampolarpop :) I have already posted to you on the other thread , but just wanted to say " happy simming " again!
    Your favourite eps are great packs! It is exciting that Sims 4 Cats and Dogs is being released in November! I am looking forward to it! It sounds great :)
    Cheats can be very helpful in the game. They can help to fix up issues if and when they arise. They can also help to get our sims set up and started in their sim lives in our games.
  • Valuzza90Valuzza90 Posts: 208 Member
    Hello :) I'm a new member and my name is Valeria.
    Here (http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817478/hello-come-and-introduce-yourself/p314?) there is my presentation ;)

In The Sims 4 I have base game and holiday celebration pack instead in The Sims 1 and The Sims 2 I have all EP and SP, my favorite EP is The Sims 2 Pets! Indeed, I am looking forward to The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs on November 10th! I love dogs so much <3

Now, I play only The Sims 4 and I love create Sims and build.

I play with cheats and I typically use: testingcheats true, motherlode, rosebud, bb.moveobjects, cheats that give your Sims 100% needs, the cheat in which you can fully edit CAS, cheats to the careers ecc.

Nothing.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite thing
    My favorite thing is the graphics, it has evolved considerably.
    Valuzza90 wrote: »
    Hello :) I'm a new member and my name is Valeria.
    Here (http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817478/hello-come-and-introduce-yourself/p314?) there is my presentation ;)

In The Sims 4 I have base game and holiday celebration pack instead in The Sims 1 and The Sims 2 I have all EP and SP, my favorite EP is The Sims 2 Pets! Indeed, I am looking forward to The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs on November 10th! I love dogs so much <3

Now, I play only The Sims 4 and I love create Sims and build.

I play with cheats and I typically use: testingcheats true, motherlode, rosebud, bb.moveobjects, cheats that give your Sims 100% needs, the cheat in which you can fully edit CAS, cheats to the careers ecc.

Nothing.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite thing
    My favorite thing is the graphics, it has evolved considerably.

Hello @Valuzza90 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums !
    I am looking forward to Cats and Dogs Ep also! It looks and sounds great!
    Creating sims and designing, building and furnishing homes and venues are special parts of simming! They are enjoyable ways of expressing our creativity. It is great that we can build homes in a variety of different styles and themes, and with different colour schemes.
    Cheats can be very useful and helpful in the game. The moo cheat is great to use when in build mode,
  • venomistressvenomistress Posts: 66 Member
    Hi. I've played The Sims for a long time, but I have never messed with the forum. I've read other simmers stories and looked for answers to questions and issues I've had with the game, but I have never been one to post much. I just thought that after so many years of membership, I would finally introduce myself. So, hi. Nice to meet you all.
    Hi. I've played The Sims for a long time, but I have never messed with the forum. I've read other simmers stories and looked for answers to questions and issues I've had with the game, but I have never been one to post much. I just thought that after so many years of membership, I would finally introduce myself. So, hi. Nice to meet you all.

Hello @venomistress :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums !
    It is nice that you have been visiting the forums to read the stories of the sims that are in fellow simmers games, and to find answers to issues that have arisen in your game. There are a lot of helpful tips and fixes that simmers have posted on threads, and it is very enjoyable reading about and seeing pictures of the other simmers' sims. I hope that you may like to post on threads about your simming experiences also.