Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    I am sorry that you haven't been feeling too well with your cold @brandi22 I am glad that you are feeling a bit better today and I hope that you continue to feel more better each day. Sending smiles to you :)
  • Options
    LizzyBalletLizzyBallet Posts: 3,085 Member
    Welcome to the new members :D
  • Options
    brandi22brandi22 Posts: 3,949 Member
    Bump :smile:
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/view-wishlist/koYQDL6TzKT18Z3EiX.RDw--
    To see my Sims, Builds, etc Click "My Studio":
    MY STUDIO
  • Options
    LizzyBalletLizzyBallet Posts: 3,085 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @LizzyBallet :) I hope that you have had a nice start to the New Year of 2015 :)

Thank you! I hope you did too! :)
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Hola ... Not really new, just new here at this website.

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why?

Ambitions: Okay face it, the self-employment aspect was top notch.
    You can run around collecting things, growing plants and catching fish doing a legacy making tons of cash at your own pace.
    You never have to fire yourself either.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game?

Hands down the building aspect is the best.
    Love building houses ... Like it more when making houses for specific Sims that cater particularly to their needs and desires.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?

I use "testingcheatsenabled", "buydebug" and "moveobjects" when building ... But only for specific items or purposes.
    I also don't ever use Custom Content in a build.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?

Not really tips or tricks ... But the self employment opportunities multiply in wealth over time.
    Not only can you make a killing catching deathfish ... The ones you catch keep gaining in value (sooner or later you are catching $5,000 fish).

You can dig a pond on your property ... Stock it with deathfish and fish one day a week earning more cash than any job would get you.
    You can make nectar ... Find the right blends, then set them up for a few months and sell each bottle for thousands.
    The most expensive bottle of nectar I have sold was just under $30,000 per bottle.

No need for the "motherload" cheat ... Cash is cheap in Sims 3 after Ambitions was released.

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?

Not yet ... I still don't have all the Sims 3 stuff yet.
    I didn't run out and get every addition when they came out ... And played each addition to the max in order to find out all the benefits.
    I still get to enjoy Sunlit Tides and University Life when I decide to add them.

May or may not get Sims 4 ... Hope it works better than all the problems Sims 3 had.

Glad to still see some of the good folks hanging around.
    I am already back to Building and Simming full bore.

Have A Lovely Evening!
    I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    Hello @BlackSand :) The self employment jobs that came with Ambitions are great! They are great ways for the sims to earn money without needing to go to work at a certain time.
    Enjoy building,and simming! :)
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @BlackSand :) The self employment jobs that came with Ambitions are great! They are great ways for the sims to earn money without needing to go to work at a certain time.
    Enjoy building,and simming! :)

Bless you sweetheart ... I can have an avatar now ... A Rose for you!

Wo32blpng.jpg
    I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    AimiexoxoAimiexoxo Posts: 396 Member
    Hello everybody. My name is Aimie (Amy but spelled differently) and I am 18 years old, living in England, in the United Kingdom. I started playing The Sims 3 on my Macbook in 2012, and I still only play The Sims 3 to this day. Many, many years ago (around 10, probably) I started off with The Sims 2 Bustin' out, Then The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 Urbz and then the PS3 came out, I bought TS3 and TS3 Pets for PS3. I have every EP apart from Pets and Supernatural, but I've had them installed before but realized they aren't what I'm into. My favorite EP is Generations, and my 2nd is Seasons. I'm a great creator when it comes to making mansions and castles, but really bad when it comes to making normal houses... Mostly all of my sims are blond.e, and I have no idea why! I hope you see me around on here, ONLY in the Sims 3 sections, and that I help you out. :)
    Hello! I'm new to creating Sims and Houses but I do my best. I like them simple and without the use of CC, but I may add SOME CC like hair and make-up only! If you want to check it out, my origin Username is Aimiec1233, thank you.
  • Options
    Aimiexoxo wrote: »
    Hello everybody. My name is Aimie (Amy but spelled differently) and I am 18 years old, living in England, in the United Kingdom. I started playing The Sims 3 on my Macbook in 2012, and I still only play The Sims 3 to this day. Many, many years ago (around 10, probably) I started off with The Sims 2 Bustin' out, Then The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 Urbz and then the PS3 came out, I bought TS3 and TS3 Pets for PS3. I have every EP apart from Pets and Supernatural, but I've had them installed before but realized they aren't what I'm into. My favorite EP is Generations, and my 2nd is Seasons. I'm a great creator when it comes to making mansions and castles, but really bad when it comes to making normal houses... Mostly all of my sims are blond.e, and I have no idea why! I hope you see me around on here, ONLY in the Sims 3 sections, and that I help you out. :)

Hello @Aimiexoxo :) It is great that you have played different versions of the sims, and now play sims 3. Generations is a great EP! There are great game features that came with the EP as well as great buy mode items. Building large homes such as mansions and castles in Sims is great. Building is a fun part of the sims!
    Continue to enjoy simming! :)

• Options
    AimiexoxoAimiexoxo Posts: 396 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Aimiexoxo wrote: »
    >
    > Hello everybody. My name is Aimie (Amy but spelled differently) and I am 18 years old, living in England, in the United Kingdom. I started playing The Sims 3 on my Macbook in 2012, and I still only play The Sims 3 to this day. Many, many years ago (around 10, probably) I started off with The Sims 2 Bustin' out, Then The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 Urbz and then the PS3 came out, I bought TS3 and TS3 Pets for PS3. I have every EP apart from Pets and Supernatural, but I've had them installed before but realized they aren't what I'm into. My favorite EP is Generations, and my 2nd is Seasons. I'm a great creator when it comes to making mansions and castles, but really bad when it comes to making normal houses... Mostly all of my sims are blond.e, and I have no idea why! I hope you see me around on here, ONLY in the Sims 3 sections, and that I help you out.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello Aimiexoxo It is great that you have played different versions of the sims, and now play sims 3. Generations is a great EP! There are great game features that came with the EP as well as great buy mode items. Building large homes such as mansions and castles in Sims is great. Building is a fun part of the sims!
    > Continue to enjoy simming!

Awe! That's so nice of you to reply to me! Thanks. :) And yes, it's kind of cool, I suppose. I can't say I'm a hardcore simmer because I haven't played every single Sim game out there on every single console, just play station and now Mac. :) Yes, you're right. Generations is amazing, probably the best so far! :open_mouth: Haha. Thanks.
    Hello! I'm new to creating Sims and Houses but I do my best. I like them simple and without the use of CC, but I may add SOME CC like hair and make-up only! If you want to check it out, my origin Username is Aimiec1233, thank you.
  • Options
    Your new avi is very nice @Lizzyballet :) It is nice that your sims enjoys playing the piano, and the outdoors background setting in the pictures looks nice.
  • Options
    ACB44ACB44 Posts: 140 Member
    Hello!! This post was such a great idea ... its great to see how everyone is using their games and meeting new/old simmers. I've been playing since The Sims but took a long break due to school and life circumstances. Now, I'm back in full force and starting another Legacy Challenge which I'm really excited about... after sleeping at the beach for 4 nights straight, my Founder Sim now has a 5X8 "house" to call home due to him collecting extremely expensive flowers LOL. He also has a job as a fortune teller and a possible love interest.

To answer these questions...

My favorite EP would have to be Ambitions because of all the new professions it came with.

My favorite thing about the game is its imitation of life... if there's anything I feel like doing, but can't... I can have my Sims do them and live through that LOL

I don't play with cheats, other than resetsim or things like that to fix glitches.

A tip I like to use for starting a Legacy is to not think so much about the point system or completely consume yourself with finding a mate and having kids because that can take away from the experience. Get to know your Sims, take your time, enjoy your Sim days, and everything will happen in due time.

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    I didn't buy the Sims 4... only because I still have so much to do on TS3. I might consider buying it once the price drops and EPs come out. As of now, TS3 has my full attention.

Looking forward to meeting all the new simmers who come into this thread! Happy Simming!
  • Options
    Hello @ACB44 :) I hope that you enjoy playing your Legacy Challenge family. Ambitions is a great EP! The careers that came with it are great. Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    @brandi22‌ Nice thread :) Awesome place to have people post and get to know each other :)
  • Options
    tiniemartiniemar Posts: 32 Member
    I've actually been a "member" of the forums and previously the Sims 3 forums for a number of years so it's quite annoying that I can't post what I want straight off. I only found this out because I normally just lurk the forums until Outdoor Retreat came out and the pricing for NZ was $50. So I came on forums to discuss it only to find out I wasn't a proper member. Surely because it's linked to our Origin account they can see how many Sims games we have and that we are legit people and not scammers.

But anyway I'm Martina and I have been simming since Sims 2 or 10 years I think. I mostly just build or CAS although I've gotten into playing the game more recently. It's a lot more fun to play without the lag :)
    simsforumsig.jpg
  • Options
    Hello Martina :) It is great that you have now become a member. Your avi sim is very nice! I hope that you continue to enjoy building and creating in Sims 3 and Sims 4 :)
  • Options
    AndyBrainsAndyBrains Posts: 218 Member
    Hello everyone! :)

I love pets because it added pets. LOL, and because of horses.

Creating sims and building homes.

motherlode, motherlode, motherlode.
    And moveobjects on, testingcheatsenabled true
    I've got them memorized

None that I can think of.

Yes! I'm just waiting for the Mac release next month. :)

Thanks!
  • Options
    Hello @AndyBrains :) Pets is a great EP! It is nice that we can have a variety of animals in our games, from cats and dogs, to horses and nice unicorns for our sims to enjoy riding. It is great that sims 4 will be released on Mac next month! That is exciting and great!
    I hope that you continue to have fun simming, building and creating sims in sims 3 and soon sims 4! :)
  • Options
    AndyBrainsAndyBrains Posts: 218 Member
    @rosemow‌ Thanks for your welcoming words! I loved having unicorns too. LOL so magical. Thanks! :)
  • Options
    AurievaAurieva Posts: 83 Member
    Hey! My name is Auri, I'm also from England :). I currently work in the wonderful world of retail and I'm hoping to go on an access course this year and get my life on track haha.

EP: Definitely University life! I love being able to shove my teen sims off to college and free up the house for my sim parents :P. I also love that young adult life stage that was all about university and having fun away from the normal sim world.

Ahh it depends on the game! TS2 was all about families, TS3 all about expansions and exploration, and with TS4 I absoluely adore the CAS function and being able to make such unique and interesting looking sims.

No! Nevaaar! I'm too stubborn for that haha. I love career building and the starting from nothing challenge. Although for my Sims Runaway challenge (see robinfinch.blogspot.com ) I used the cheat to take away money so she had less than 20 simoleons to start with :).

Just play your way, don't be shy to put your voice forward here for suggestions and ideas you think are good! It may feel like it's falling on deaf ears, but from the little time I've been here I've gathered that it's a great community that rally together and (I hope) our voices are heard. It's nice to see Sim Gurus on here and it gives me hope for future developments :D

Yes! I love the CAS and being able to play with the features in such an indepth way. Like creating me, small waist, thunder thighs and big hips LOL. But yeah, I adore the diversity in body shapes and skin tones... CAS has definitely come a long way. I haven't even bothered with mods on TS4. Least favourite is lack of family tree, lack of toddler life stage, and the expansions I've come to know and love with the previous games - although I'm sure that will change as time goes on. I'm just impatient :)

Thanks for this thread! It's lovely getting to know people a bit better, particularly us newbs :P
    - Auri

My TS4 Teen Runaway Challenge:
    Prologue
    Chapter 1
  • Options
    Hello @Aurieva :) It is great that you have been enjoying the different versions of The sims. Sims 2, 3, and 4 all have great features in them. It is great that you are enjoying making sims in Sims 4. The different aspects of Sims 4, from playing to creating sims and building homes/community lots are all fun to do!
    I hope that your access course studies go well this year :) Happy simming!
  • Options
    empr3sslizempr3ssliz Posts: 22 Member
    ugg *screams in my head* :( my sim won't go to work , is this a new glitch ? well it's a first for me i keep trying to send her to work but she just won't go, how can i solve this ?