The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ryan's Lots & Rooms - p48 - New Lot - Springy Gardens (Finally Back)

Comments

• RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Thank you dear @withlovejulien! Glad you liked the colors and the name! *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3

Thank you dear @rosemow for such a detailed and lovely comments about this build! It was quite a great achievement to build my first penthouse in TS4. Glad you liked each of the rooms too! *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3

Thank you dear @Laebeth! *hugs* Surprise! :smiley: So glad you loved the theme and even the fountains.

When I built Tutti Frutti Modern on December 2014, I thought I wanna make another Tutti Frutti-themed builds too so I came up with the starter a month later. On May, I had an apartment in progress, but sadly, I was very uncomfortable with the shell so I scrapped it. After then, I haven't made any Tutti Frutti builds for so long, probably due to lack of inspiration on moderns, but mostly on limited color choices. I just wished they gave us at least a color wheel, it would brighten our day. :)

Until now, the Tutti Frutti theme made a revival with this build, which is also my very first penthouse build. And struggling with choosing a favorite, eh? No worries about it, I'm glad these rooms you mentioned are your favorites. About the bedroom, It depends to you but I may suggested to pick a lemon bedroom, because there's a TV with a fireplace, their own lime bathroom, and a window to view Sims swimming. :)

Anyways, thank you so much for the continued support, I really appreciated it! Wishing you a wonderful day! *bug hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3<3<3
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

Those Tutti Frutti lots look really wonderful, dear! Great work on your penthouse!
    Hugs <3
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    I'm loving your Tutti Frutti builds, especially the penthouse, that one looks amazing! Love the vibrant colours, perfect for the summer (though it's raining now where I live lolz) and it was wonderful to read about your tour through the house. How amazing is it that every room is themed by a fruit and its colour, such a creative design! B)
    Thank you dear @AIRIS6962! So happy you returned! :smiley: So sorry to hear you having troubles over past months, but I'm very pleased you're still doing very fine. :blush: Anyways, so glad you liked my Tutti Frutti builds, even the penthouse. *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3

Thank you @Corwim! So happy you returned! :smiley: Glad you like my Tutti Frutti builds! Yeah, it do gives a Summer vibes, which I am targeting to. And it's rainy in our country too, ha! ;) Anyways, glad you enjoyed reading the description, especially the fruit-themed rooms. Wishing you a wonderful weekend! *bro hugs* :smiley:
  • lisi_jalisi_ja Posts: 542 Member
    Hello @RyeCris16 !

The Tutti Frutti Penthouse is so creative and eyecatching!! It is an awesome build! Keep up the great work! <3
    edited September 2017
    Thank you dear @lisi_ja! So glad you visited my thread and commented on my penthouse. *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3

Thank you dear @Nejioranaid for the cheerful comment on my Tutti Frutti builds. *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3

---

Hey everyone, I'm back again! Hope everything is very well for you. :)

Well, once again, I haven't gone into forums for so long. Obviously because I'm always very lazy. I was also supposed to share you my updates on weekends either but we encountered an unexpected loss of internet connection, but I'm here now to share you now. :)

OK, things are so hectic for me these days that prevented me from Simming and building.

Last August, I was so excited that I already had my job at the supermarket. Although it was devastated that I can only work on half day. We had a store business on our home, which I need to help there. The only reason I wanted to work whole day so I don't rely on business. But because of half day, even I have a job is still working on business, which means I'm working on a supermarket in the morning and going to the home business at the afternoon until evening/night. And what's making it worse is I'm only have one day-off. :confounded: I can't convinced my parents about having two-day day-off every week instead of only one day.

I was so very overwhelmed about it, I can't do thing I want even at least in the evening. :(

On the bright side, on September 17th, I finally bought a new console, which is Nintendo Switch (Pictured below this paragraph). I was so happy about it because this was planned to buy this since January. :smiley: Although even with the Switch is still can't get into a fun, because you know, a home business thing.
    CSJbiL1.jpg

Also, I wanted to play more games other than The Sims because I may be bored of playing the game all over again.

And now, for the thread-related update and the true reason behind real-life thingies. Because of these, I'd been slowly making builds in this game. You maybe wondering why I haven't got so many builds this year unlike from my past years. 2017 became more hectic for me unfortunately. And because of that, there will be any alteration or removal on my building plans. Of course, I wanted to do so many plans as I can, but I doubt I will do all of these because of being busy with real-life and other gaming life.

So, some of these plans may be moved to The Sims 5 or not to be planned after all. I'm not updating this post for now as I may do some of these until the end of The Sims 4 era. It was also unfortunate that I'm not making a Halloween build this year so I can focus on my own theme. But of course, I will do a Christmas build. Well, you may also be wondering why I'm not using forums as for now.

Well, that's all my huge updates on real-life and in game. Hope to see you soon with my new build and my comments on your showcase thread. :) Thank you so much for the support, and take care and I will always love you my Simming friends! *super group hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

EDIT: Another one! And yes, I'm so excited for the new pack called The Sims 4: Cats & Dogs and even the new roofing tool SimGuruHouts posted it, which gave an excitement for builders like us. I am so looking forward to it as well on November. :smiley:
    Post edited by RyeCris16 on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    Hello :)
    It was great seeing you on the forums, and good to read your update. I am sorry that you are kept busy with your work and that you feel overwhelmed at times :( I send a hug to you <3 I hope that you may have some free time to do what you would like to do, in the upcoimg future.
    It is great that you now have the Nintendo Switch! Happy gaming on it!
    I will look forward to seeing your new build :)
    So sorry to hear your life has been so hectic lately. :/ Hopefully the situation will become more manageable soon so you can relax and have a bit more free time soon, whether it's spent in Sims 4 or having fun with your new Nintendo Switch. :) Always good to see you on the forum and looking forward to whatever you'll build next, whenever that might be, I'll be watching. :)
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,000 Member
    Hi, you certainly seem very busy at the moment and I really hope you get some time for rest and relaxation. Your Nintendo Switch looks fun and it's good to hear you'll be creating a Christmas build, something for us all to look forward to :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Thank you dears @rosemow, @Corwim, and @masajo for the support on my updates! I really appreciate it! :blush: I really hope I get into my full-time leisure someday, just at least two days per week. *group hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3<3<3

@masajo I'm not very sure if I get to build my Christmas build this year. Yes, it is my favorite Holiday and I really need to have a Christmas build every year. The only problem is I haven't started any build yet as I'm all out of idea/inspirations again. But I have a revision to share you today. :)

Thanks again everyone! :smiley: Like I said, I haven't started a new build yet as I'm all out of ideas again unfortunately, but I do have a build revision to share you today. This was started remodeling last August, and I haven't uploaded it until today because I was so busy working hard with the description, and now it's here! :smiley:

Please see next post. :)
    Hello my Simming friends! I'm back not for a new build, but for a revision on my older one. :smiley:
    This next revision is my very first Mediterranean home which is also my very first large build and first legacy home. This was uploaded in January 2015, but months after I asked for a constructive criticism in Builder's Workshop thread, I decided to remove from the gallery and work for the revision.
    Although, I haven't worked on a revision yet until now, and it's finally finished! :smiley: Anyways, hope you enjoy this build! :smiley:

Lot Name: Villa Alfonso (Villa Afonso v2 in the gallery)
    Lot Size: 40X30
    Lot Type: Residential
    Required Contents: Only Base Game
    You can download this lot here.

Lot Features:
    >Welcome to new and improved Villa Alfonso, a large and grand knight-themed Mediterranean mansion. It has seven bedrooms and four bathrooms, perfect for a legacy family. There are two masters' bedroom in this home.
    >This lot starts with a front fountain courtyard, now with beautiful landscapes and two small ponds. Entering this house is a stair foyer. Going to the right is an open plan living room with a study and some musical instruments. There's also a kitchen with a bar and a large dining table. This room also has a bathroom.
    >Going to the right is a lounge and bookcase hallway. This side has a small gym, a small art room with a drawing table for a kid, a rose pink bathroom, a guests' bedroom, a colorful toddlers' bedroom, and a recreation room with a gaming table, a bar with a coffee maker, and two gaming mats for video gamers living here.
    >Going outside from the hallway is a huge backyard which contains a monkey bars, a garden, a pool, and a covered grill porch with a chessboard.
    >Going upstairs is another hallway lounge and a small balcony with two easels and two gardening pots.
    >Going from the left is a blue boy's bedroom with a penguin TV, a blue masters' bedroom, a (not so) large bathroom, and a home office with a chessboard.
    >Going to the right is a pink girl's bedroom with a TV, a red masters' bedroom, a nursery, a bathroom, and a teens' bedroom.
    >This lot costs §482,779 (§484,017 is the real price as the game didn't count the paintings and children's drawings).

Traits: Sorry, there's no image this time as there are only two traits in this build.
    * Homey - With this cozy atmosphere, I applied this trait that has an aura that boosts household skills like cooking and gardening.
    * Private Dwelling - Because it's a huge manor, I applied this trait not to be visited by random person, especially bystanders. Most determined visitors can of course visit this house.

Builder's Major Challenges:
    >Making a remodel may not be as easy as we expected. While redoing the backyard is quite easy, I had a builder's block when remodeling the interior. Especially with the teens' bedroom, I got struggled with the furnishing because of the crazy room shape. :worried:

Credits:
    * @Ash072, @Manssom, and @aquilifer - for their encouraging constructive criticisms that they posted from Builders' Workshop thread. I asked for help since I was very uncomfortable with my old one. You can see their critics, starting from this post.
    * Althanasia & KassSimsDesign - for the custom arts that I used in this build. You can see below for the download links:
    * landscapes paintings - Althanasia
    * Musical paintings - KassSimsDesign

Tags: #large #grand #gorgeous #knight #terracotta #mediterranean #villa #mansion #house #home #legacy #family #desert #oasissprings #nocc #basegame #moo #playtested #RyeCris16 #Althanasia #KassSimsDesign
    Screenshots:

Before:
    9TShgZq.png
    8Gr9Xl0.png

After:
    csn1o94.png
    iwetu06.png
    More pictures here.
    Compare between each other with the old one.

Note: Please do not re-upload, I'd been stolen before. Thank you. :)

Please see next post on what changes from the original.
    edited October 2017
    Me again! :) Here are what this revision changes from the original build from 2015 (which was already deleted after the constructive criticism):
    * The shell is larger than the original, having more space for furnishing.
    * Some minor changes from the shell, like adding columns between the stone walls at the front.
    * Landscaping was added in front courtyard, making it look more interesting and less boring. This was suggested by Ash072.
    * The backyard area has been heavily changed, like moving the pool area, adding a sandbox in monkey bars area (Suggested by aquilifer), and having a covered grill area.
    * The gym is now inside the building. I thought about having an indoor gym with a locker instead of having gym equipment at the backyard to avoid Sims from overheating wile having a workout.
    * Interior furnishing and designing has been heavily changed. See below for some changes in interior
    * This build now has an open plan living area instead of separating between living room and kitchen & dining. This will have more space when building another rooms.
    * With toddlers being added last January, I added a toddlers' bedroom to make it look like a legacy home.
    * More rooms added in this build such as a gaming/recreation room, an art room, a gym (like I mentioned above), and a home office.
    * Because of my improved MOO skills, there are some heavy MOO cheats I used during the furnishing like having a changing area in nursery.
    * Some minor changes from the interior like editing the floor patterns, etc.
    * The price has been increased, probably because of added more details in this build like the landscaping in front courtyard, MOOing, etc.
    * Some minor changes from the original like added two lot traits with City Living patch, description edit, Added v2 on a name etc.
    * Base game items are still used like the original so everyone can download this build. :)

And these are the changes that I made during the revision. If I missed anything, please tell me so I will add it. Thank you and hope you enjoy this build! :)
    Post edited by RyeCris16 on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    Your revised version of Villa Afonso looks so very nice! :) The changes that you have made look very great! Very nice furnishing of each of the rooms and areas of the interior! The changes to the design and furnishings in the rooms and the addition of other rooms looks very nice! Very nice outdoors areas! Sims will enjoy spending time both indoors and outside at their home!
    I posted about the first version of the home, http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13210806/#Comment_13210806
    and the new revised version looks so very nice as well! Because it is a large legacy home ,I won’t post about all the special and nice features of the revised version but have been enjoying looking at the pictures of the home. It was great also reading your description of the changes that you made, as well as the description of the areas of the home. The two lot traits are great for the home.
    Sims families will enjoy having this home as their legacy home :)
    Thank you dear @rosemow! I really appreciated your comment from my old build to this new one! :smiley: Yeah, it was huge so it's very impossible to comment on each room, but like I said, I really appreciate your lovely and detailed comments. Thanks so much again! *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3

And thank you dear @BreeMiles for the nomination in recommendation thread! It was so kind of you and really appreciated. *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3
    Gorgeous renovation Cris! Love how you kept what was already fantastic and made beautiful changes in other areas. Wonderful idea eg to change the colours of the curtains on the front, gives the house a more coherent and enhances the curb appeal, and same goes for the further landscaping of the front courtyard. Fantastic work!
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Nicely done, Ryan! Love the revisions... especially the changes in the back. Very nicely set up with the pergola and softer color for the tile work. :blush:
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Villa Alfonso is a gorgeous Mediterranean style villa! You really nailed that style, and it looks great in Oasis Springs. :smiley:
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

Villa Afonso v2 is gorgeous! Well done, dear!

I miss you <3
    Thank you @Corwim! Glad you liked my changes from the original, especially the curtain color out front. This was suggested by Manssom (Wherever he is, I'm sure he's going to like this change) from his own workshop thread, because he don't like the color as it was very irritating/annoying. So I changed it into light brown which was suggested by (I believe) Ash072. Glad you liked the front courtyard too! I thought about adding more foliage in there because the original one was empty and boring. Anyways, thank you so much for the support, I really appreciated it. *bro hugs* :smiley:

Thank you dear @WrathofCath, so happy you're in forums and in game again! :blush: Glad you liked my changes on backyard. The original was actually a mess, so I made a massive fix into it. And also, I don't think I changed the tile color, it's still the same as the original. The only difference is the lighting since I'm now using a new laptop. Anyways, thank you so much for the continued support, I really appreciated it! *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3 You have wonderful new builds too! :smiley: I hope I can visit your thread someday, got very busy with real-life and playing other games, you can see the full explanation from this post.

Thank you @StSciurus! I really appreciated your amazing comments on my Mediterranean build! *bro hugs* :smiley:

Thank you dear @AIRIS6962! I really missed you too and I'm so happy you returned! :relaxed: Glad you liked my Villa Alfonso revision! *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3 You have wonderful comeback builds too! :smiley: Like I said from my reply to WrathofCath, I hope I can visit your thread someday, got very busy with real-life and playing other games, you can see the full explanation from this post.

Thank you dear @Nejioranaid! I'm glad you made this think as a holiday in Spain, I haven't intended to do so, but okay! ;) And thank you so much for the nomination on recommendation thread too! *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3
  • BaasPetBaasPet Posts: 98 Member
    Love Villa Alfonso. <3 Especially the garden. ;)

• CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Well Howdy!! Ryan. I remember your Villa Alfonso. I loved it then and I love the revised version now. I really like the changes you did in the backyard. Great flow!! hehe Open floor plan is perfect. Love the new colors. Beautiful!! <3<3<3
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,000 Member
    Fantastic revision of Villa Alfonso, love the softer colours of the curtains, looks much more authentic and the landscaping in the front courtyard really adds to the beauty of this build :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Thank you dear @Cassee! Glad you like the new backyard and even the open plan area. And I'm very glad you remembered my old one too! ;) Hope you're having a wonderful week! *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3

Thank you dear @masajo! Glad you like the changes on this build, especially the front courtyard. The old one looks very boring like what someone said on other thread Manssom created years ago, so I thought I add more landscaping and foliage to make it more detailed and beautiful. Hope you're having a wonderful week as well! *hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3

Hey everyone, thank you so much for the wonderful comments and support on my Villa Alfonso revision! :smiley:

Apologies, I haven't been on forums for so long. I got so busy with real life and other gaming things, I got so lazy logging-in on forums. I can't even visit your showcase thread and comment on your wonderful builds, which is very embarrassing for me. :flushed:

But I do keep up and support your wonderful builds, even some households, on the gallery and on Twitter and I really enjoy these! Also, I even visit the forums even I logged-out. :)

On the bright side, my 2017 Sims 4 pack collection is finally complete, which means I already have all of the packs that were released this year, even Cats & Dogs, which I won from the giveaway, and I'm so looking forward for Laundry Day stuff pack releasing in 2018.

But for the meantime, I have a new build to share, which is on my next post.

Again, thank you so much for the support! Hope I will visit your showcase thread someday, but not this year. I really missed you and I really love you, my Simming friends! *super group hugs* <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3