Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ryan's Lots & Rooms - p48 - New Lot - Springy Gardens (Finally Back)

Comments

• RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    edited April 2015
    Thank you again @rosemow and @yanti68 for being supportive and caring. Lots of hugs. :D<3<3<3
    Phew! After of two weeks of hardwork and two days of being cautious with a Typhoon, my latest lot is finally finished. :D
    Today, I have no Let's play a game for now (sorry), but I'll let you know when.

Lot #4: Tutti Frutti Modern
    Lot Size: 30X20
    You can download this lot here.

Lot Features:
    >Tutti Frutti Modern is a modern family house with zests of fruit-themed colors. This includes three bedrooms and two bathrooms.
    >At the front side, you'll discover a fountain full of colorful fountain jets. Upon entry, there's a hallway where sims can take off their shoes and coat (although these objects are decorative), with a mirror. At the left side, you'll see an orange living room with a nice study area for a sim. At the right side, there's a lemon kitchen & dining area with some zests of fruit-themed colored chairs and stools.
    >Outside the kitchen, you'll discover a lime bar where sims can make drinks. Outside the living area, there's a blue bench at back porch where sims can have a seat enjoying the sunshine. At the backyard, sims can take a dip in a watermelon pool, with turtles swimming through, with a grill, picic table, and monkey bars too for child sims enjoying more. There's also a garden for sims to plant trees/crops.
    >Going up to the second floor, you'll see an apple seating area where sims taking a relax and seat here. Between it, there's a pineapple teens bedroom. After seating area, you'll discover another study called grape study. There's also an activity table for child sims to increase creativity. Between it, there are two bedrooms.
    >First one is an apple-pear master's bedroom. Outside it, there's an orange terrace where sims can work-out, play chess, paint, garden, or even relax at orange bench. And last one is a bubblegum kid's bedroom. Aside from a blue teddy (from a sneak peek), there's also a toy box between a dresser.
    >Not to mention two lime-bubblegum bathrooms too. Colors are reverting each other depending on floor number.
    >This lot costs §119,067 (Not on lot). It looks like a mansion because of a price, hehe. :p This lot suits on Dusty Turf in Oasis Springs.

Builder's Major Challenges:
    >At first, I must admit that I scrapped the original concept and decided to make a new one, because it lacks space on my furnishing. However, I kept the concept and recreated it by expanding the shape of a yellow building and balancing the distance between an orange one so it pop-up my mind and decided to make fountains between the front pathway.
    >In interior part, I was supposed to place a fireplace, but unfortunately, I didn't have any space for it. In second floor, in room at the very left side, I also got an issue with it. I don't which room should I do with it because the room size is somewhat small. At first, I'm going to make it as attic (with no object), but it change to museum. Again, it definitely won't fit, so I'm glad I recreated it to make another bedroom (teens bedroom).
    >Landscaping was my last part in building. I also admit that I'm not creative with that. Probably because there are only few plants in this game, and I can't choose a right plant for this lot. And also, landscaping is much annoying without move objects cheat, which is resulted to my failed attempt to it. :(

Credits: thetideschanging - for the idea on using room-like posts between windows.
    Tags: #colorful #summer #fruit #modern #family #playtested #nocc #RyeLots

Screenshots:
    6SC25wC.png
    PRy0zum.png
    More pictures here.

I hope you like it! :)
    Post edited by RyeCris16 on
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    Hey Rye nice job on your Tutti Frutti modern :D Such a fun and happy build :D
    Nice use of bright colors and the mini pool is so cute ^_^ Well done :D
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Fantastic new build, very fruity and full of fun, reminds me of warm sunny days :D
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Your Tutti Fruitti Modern home is very nice! :) It is very nice and colourful home. Your description of your home is very nice. I have already written about some of the room when it was a WIP, so I will repost again and add some more too.
    The fruit themed colours that you have used for the furnishings and walls both the exterior and interior look very nice! Very nice layout of the build. Nice pool area for sins to have fun swimming in the pool. Child sims will have fun playing on the monkey bars. Very nice outdoors bar area! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the lime coloured bar and a chat. The coloured water fountain features on the edges of the home looks nice. Very nice futnishing of the interior of the home! The shoes racks are a nice touch in the foyer area. The yellow colour of the kitchen and dining room walls looks very nice. It looks very nice how you have used a variety of colours for the stools and dining seats. Very nice layout of the room! It looks nice how you have done the kitchen windows there. Sims will enjoy the sunlight coming in through the windows whilst cooking their meals. The pears picture on the wall and the fruit bowl on the dining table are great fruit themed touches there that suits the theme of the build. The wooden flooring looks nice. The hanging pans and the cutlery on the wall add great kitchen touches in the room. It looks very nice how you have used the red and green colours in the master bedroom. It looks great how you have placed the shelves on the bedhead wall, and have the nice fruit themed touches of the apple and pear pictures on the shelves. The type of and colour of the ceiling lights that you have used looks nice. The wooden flooring looks nice with the colours that you have used in the room. Very nice bubblegum kids bedroom! The coloured pattern that you have used on the walls and the colourful jigsaw pattern on the flooring looks nice. It looks nice how you have placed the animal pictures on the bedhead wall. The teddy is cute in the corner of the room! It looks very nice how you have done the bedroom windows there, for sims to enjoy seeing the outdoors views whilst laying in bed. The orange theme of the living room looks very nice. Great study desk nook area for sims to enjoy sitting at the table using the computer. The type of curtains that you have used there looks nice. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the seats there watching tv or reading a book from the bookcase. The fruit picture is a nice touch on the wall above the tv. Sims will enjoy listening to music from the stereo there. The lime abd bubblegum theme of the bathroom looks very nice. It looks nice the colours you have used for the towels there. The red Apple themed upstairs sitting area is nice. Nice pattern that you have used for the walls. It looks a very nice place to sit and rest, and listen to the radio music. The pineapple themed teens room is very nice. It looks great how you have placed the beds there. Sims will have fun playing the guitar in their bedroom. The grape colour scheme of the study looks very nice! Child sims will enjoy creating artwork on the art table there whilst other sims are using the computer at the study desk. Very nice upper terrace for sims to have fun playing chess in the outdoors air at the table there. Sims will have nice views of the outdoors from there whilst using the gym equipment there to keep fit.
    It is a very nice and colourful home to enjoy living in :)
    edited December 2014
    Thank you for the great and lovely feedback regarding Tutti Frutti Modern. :D
    @rosemow thank you again. I'm very glad you didn't missed every single detail in my lot. More hugs for you. :D<3<3<3
    @Manssom thank you. I appreciate your fun and happy review. I'm glad you like my pool too! I was struggling with the shape because it lacks some space in my backyard. Bro hugs. :D
    @masajo thank you. I appreciate your fruity and full of fun review. Hugs for you. :D<3<3<3
  • sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    Hi Rye, can I say wow! Tutti Fruity is just so much fun! I love your use of color. I have trouble using brighter colors in my lots, even with my more colorful builds, I tend to keep the color choices subdued. I always find it refreshing to see those who can use color masterfully! Love it and adding it to my favs! :smiley:
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Tutti Frutti is so cute and colorful, I also really like the architecture and the back patio area. :) Glad you and your family are safe and sound.
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
    edited December 2014
    @sherrylynn8779 thank you, and yes, you can say "Wow!", hehe. I admit that I may struggled with colors too because it has no color wheel. And thanks for the fave too. Hugs. :D<3<3<3
    @Chris2fer03 thank you. I'm glad you really liked the architecture and back patio area. I also appreciate your cute and colorful review. And thanks also for being supportive and caring about our condition. Bro hugs. :D
    @rosemow thanks for letting me know and congratulating me. You're also the greatest notification. More hugs for you. :D<3<3<3

Last morning when I woke up, I saw the condition on my lot via the website on mobile phone. Until I got 100+ downloads and 50+ favorites. And when I scrolled to the comments section, I saw someone congratulating me about the feature. And I said, "WOW! I was so happy that my first lot got featured by Maxis!"
    Yesterday, I shared my latest lot to The Sims page via Facebook and Twitter, and I think it could be a reason why it has been featured.
    And now my Tutti Frutti Modern has been featured by Maxis, I wanna say thank you Maxis. :D I am so happy, makes me feel I'm going to dance this. :#
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    What a fun build! :D I am just loving the colours! So bright and cheerful! Reminds me of summer! :D
    edited December 2014
    @yanti68 thank you so much. I'm glad you loved this lot. I also appreciate your bright and cheerful review. More hugs for you. :D<3<3<3
    @lessthanzero1013 sorry to tag you here and being curious, but I know you love my lots. I saw you have some of my builds on your favorites in the gallery. Perhaps, you might wanna stop by and take a peek here too for exclusive WIP sneak peeks, thread games, full details on finished lots, etc. :)

Anyway, after I'm done with my Tutti Frutti Modern, I'm working on a new lot. I'll give you a first sneak peek on it. This one already had a name and it's also a part of my colorful lot set. It is also my Christmas house, hopefully.
    This is my first attempt on building Victorian lots, and I'm not sure if this architectural scheme is good, though I'm experimenting with the layout just in case. ;)

Lot WIP Title: Choco-Berry Cupcake
    Screenshots:
    Image deleted. Please proceed to my next post. :)

Stay tuned for more updates on Choco-Berry Cupcake :)
    Your WIP Choco Berry Cupcake build looks very nice! :) The exterior design of the home is very nice! It looks very nice how you have done the roofing! The covered over wraparound porch is very nice! The planter box windows look nice. The colour of the exterior looks nice.
    I will look forward to seeing updates of your build :)
    Bad News: I'm going to scrap the concept on my Choco-Berry Cupcake. It feels like I don't like that layout, because it doesn't fit very well. Sorry about that. :(
    However, I'm not giving up. My plan is still ongoing and make a new concept instead. However, I don't think it would finish before Christmas, but I'm fine.

Today, I need help on how can I build good Victorian lots, please.
    Hello :) I am sorry that you are not going to continue with your WIP, but it is better to start a new build that you will enjoy doing and that you like the layout of. Perhaps if you go to a houseplans site and look at the Victorian homes section of the site, you will get ideas for building Victorian themed builds.
    I will look forward to seeing your new WIP :)
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Really nice new builds above :D
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    Oh no, sorry you had to scrap the Choco-Berry cupcake :neutral_face:
    Looked delicious ;D But I'm sure you'll come up with something even more delicious :)
    edited January 2015
    @marcel21 thanks for the complement. Bro hugs. :D
    @‌rosemow @Manssom thank you so much for being supportive and caring about scrapping my latest work. :D
    @rosemow thanks for the tip and helping me. lots of hugs. :D<3<3<3

OK, after scrapping my old architectural layout, I decided to make a new one. Yeah, I know that someone already made a mansard roofing in Victorian lots, but I'm all out of roofing ideas, so I ended up making that kind of roofing. I'm so sorry if I was a copycat. ^_^
    Anyway, here is the picture of my new concept. Yeah, it's almost the same as my old concept (but I deleted the picture), but I started it from scratch.

Image deleted. Please proceed to my full release of my lot.

What do you think? Should I continue building with it? Or I'm going to scrap it and make another one? Sorry for being curious. :\
    edited December 2014
    The exterior design of your new WIP looks very nice! :) The way you have done the roofing looks very nice! Very nice pink berry and chocolate colours that you have used for the exterior. The wraparound porch is very nice! The flower box windows add a nice touch to the home. It will be great if you continue on with this build. :)
  • Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Hey Rye, hope all is well. I like your new concept (sorry about the old one, as a builder that happens sometimes unfortunately) and the name is awesome! The roof looks great. :) My thought process when I'm stumped with a build is to check out images/house plans of a particular style I'm going for. Sometimes I make a random shell and experiment with various build tools. :) I look forward to seeing what you come up with, I'm sure it will be cool and creative! :)
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
    edited December 2014
    @rosemow thank you so much. I'm very glad you suggested that I'm going to continue my build. More hugs for you. :D<3<3<3
    @Chris2fer03 thanks for the tips and being caring about my scrapped old concept Chris. And thanks also for everything. :D I can say I agree with you, sometimes building is a bummer. It is better if we also look for inspirations to make good lots. ;)

Thank you all for the support. With move objects cheat coming out shortly (hopefully), I'm going to continue building Choco-Berry Cupcake with the freedom of placing objects. I'm so very excited about it! :D

EDIT: Anyway, it's 11:45PM in our place. I'm waiting for the new patch release, hehe. :p
  • CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    I don't think you have to worry about 'copycatting' the mansard roof, lots of people use it and sometimes it just works best for a build :) This part of the forum has inspired me a lot when it comes to ideas and creativity, other more experienced builders come up with things I'd never think of!

Sadly, I can't help you with Victorian builds. I think those are some of the more complex and intricate buildings out there and I find it really hard to make them. I second Chris2fer's suggestion and just use google to search for images for inspiration and see what you can add for extra Victorianess.

Choco-Berry Cupcake is making me hungry, so I think that's good :P
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • DelsDels Posts: 289 Member
    @RyeCris16 Great vibrant colors! I like the bar in Tutti Frutti.
    Wictorian house also looks very cool ! I wonder Interiors.
  • TheMatteo0TheMatteo0 Posts: 509 Member
    Loving the new-look exterior of your build, and the color scheme is great :) Really like the refined traditional style and appearance, and can't wait to see how the build progresses!
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Oh! :D The roofing is looking great! I am loving the Mansard roof! Good job! Looking forward to seeing more pics. :D
    edited December 2014
    @Cerrydd thanks for your concern. It's alright that you can't help, at least your complement and concern help a lot. :blush:
    @Dels thanks for the complement. I'm glad you liked my Lime Bar in Tutti Frutti Modern, and even my Victorian project too. :D
    @TheMatteo0 thanks. I was kinda struggling with the layout of my latest project because this is my first time building a Victorian house. ;)
    @yanti68 thank you. Nice of you to comment. I'm also glad you liked the mansard roofing. :D

Reserved for interior design sneak peek. Sneak peek is cancelled for now. Sorry. :(