Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

uninstalled and reinstalled game

I wasn't able to play my game this morning, even through origin. eventually I had to uninstall and reinstall again, now the weird thing is my saved games were in my game, and I opted not to save my saved game, I was looking forward to starting again. surely if I uninstall and opt not to save my games, My game should start fresh. I also uninstalled origin and reinstalled that when I reinstalled the game. Has anyone else had the same thing happen??

Comments

• LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    When you uninstall/reinstall the Sims 4 folder found in your "my documents" doesn't normally get deleted. So, if the problem was in a save or something corrupted in your Sims 4 folder? Then it will still be there.

Sometimes it's a good idea to move your saves/tray/mods/screen shots folders to a safe place, delete the Sims 4 folder, and relaunch the game to start a clean folder.

This is called a "factory reset" by some people.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Ahhhh I hadn't thought of doing it that way, I usually just go to programs and uninstall, restart computer and reinstall game. It took my a few minutes to realize that it actually reinstalls through origin.
  • WithoutBrain1234WithoutBrain1234 Posts: 126 Member
    > @feetinstockings

Hello, one question, I was having a bug too and some people said to uninstall and reinstall the game, but do you do it through origin or? Sorry for being such noob
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    > @feetinstockings <br />
    <br />
    Hello, one question, I was having a bug too and some people said to uninstall and reinstall the game, but do you do it through origin or? Sorry for being such noob

Do the move-the-Sims 4-folder-to-your-desktop thing (or at least the Save and Tray and Mods folders) so you can refresh that too. Uninstall via Windows Control Panel. Then reinstall the same way you installed before.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • WithoutBrain1234WithoutBrain1234 Posts: 126 Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > WithoutBrain1234 wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Do the move-the-Sims 4-folder-to-your-desktop thing (or at least the Save and Tray and Mods folders) so you can refresh that too. Uninstall via Windows Control Panel. Then reinstall the same way you installed before.
    Thanks!
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I just uninstalled through my computer, If you have a disk as I do, when you reinstall put your disk in, then go to origin and you have the option to download, that's what I did, your not paying anything, origin is just downloading your game, which to be honest I don't like, I wonder what would have happened if I wasn't online and needed to reinstall my game, would I have been able to do it without origin?? I would hope so.
  • simfan441simfan441 Posts: 1 New Member
    i was not able to play the sims4 since like august so i started to play the sims3 witch worked but lets get back to the point i uninstalled the game through origin but when i tried to reinstall the game origin said there was a problem what should i do
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    simfan441 wrote: »
    i was not able to play the sims4 since like august so i started to play the sims3 witch worked but lets get back to the point i uninstalled the game through origin but when i tried to reinstall the game origin said there was a problem what should i do

What was the exact message you got?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
  • AbbiAbbi Posts: 1 New Member
    I downloaded sims 4 quite a while back, but now I've logged back into my origin account my game isn't there. It will not let me reinstall my game because I've already used the code, does anyone know how to solve this? Thanks.
    Abbi wrote: »
    I downloaded sims 4 quite a while back, but now I've logged back into my origin account my game isn't there. It will not let me reinstall my game because I've already used the code, does anyone know how to solve this? Thanks.

Hello @Abbi.
    Make sure that you are logging into origin using the same account that you used when first registering the game.

If the issues remain, try logging out of origin then go back in again and see if that helps.

• indiaayoungindiaayoung Posts: 3 New Member
    I had a glitch with the new toddlers update where i can't see their interaction options, they were all blank. people have said uninstall the game and reinstall it so i have uninstalled it. i can't find the option to reinstall. i am on a mac using origin by the way
    i was just wondering, how do i reinstall the game on origin and how to i fix those glitches
    I had a glitch with the new toddlers update where i can't see their interaction options, they were all blank. people have said uninstall the game and reinstall it so i have uninstalled it. i can't find the option to reinstall. i am on a mac using origin by the way

Hello
    I am not sure if Origin for Mac is the same as for windows, but for windows,you log in to Origin and click on game library. Then click on the sims 4 picture icon in games library, This will bring up another screen, and you will have the option to download/install it there.
    how can i make the bubble interactions not blank? i have figured out how to reinstall
    how can i make the bubble interactions not blank? i have figured out how to reinstall

Hello
    Have you reinstalled the game? Doing that should fix the blank bubble interactions.
  • miabill311miabill311 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi I wonder if anyone can help,
    I run sims 4 on my laptop and tried to update my game but apparently my laptop storage has run out. I only got it for Xmas and I didn't realise how much storage sims took up and now I cannot update! Is there any possible way around this??? I have literally deleted everything from my laptop and still have no room for the update:((((
  • Nearia35Nearia35 Posts: 522 Member
    miabill311 wrote: »
    I run sims 4 on my laptop and tried to update my game but apparently my laptop storage has run out. I only got it for Xmas and I didn't realise how much storage sims took up and now I cannot update! Is there any possible way around this??? I have literally deleted everything from my laptop and still have no room for the update:((((

Either A. continue deleting things, B. have the hard drive in your laptop replaced with a bigger one and move all of your files over to the new one, or C. buy an external drive to move other things to. Unfortunately there isn't a magic button to push to make the game smaller.

The easiest route would be to get an external drive and move all of your non-sims data over to it. Note that you need to keep your games installed on your laptops actual main hard drive - installing games on an external drive gives terrible performance.
    Playing on an HP Z800: 2x 6-core Intel Xeon X5660s, 48GB RAM, 4GB nVidia GTX 970
    Alienware R4 17: i7 6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 8GB NVidia GTX 1070
  • miabill311miabill311 Posts: 2 New Member
    Nearia35 wrote: »
    miabill311 wrote: »

Either A. continue deleting things, B. have the hard drive in your laptop replaced with a bigger one and move all of your files over to the new one, or C. buy an external drive to move other things to. Unfortunately there isn't a magic button to push to make the game smaller.

The easiest route would be to get an external drive and move all of your non-sims data over to it. Note that you need to keep your games installed on your laptops actual main hard drive - installing games on an external drive gives terrible performance.

Okay thankyou for the advice and the quick reply!!
  • Noodlemonkey12Noodlemonkey12 Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi I'm having the same glitch with the toddler update and have also found that the only solution is to uninstall. I downloaded the game from origin so have no cd to reinstall with. If I uninstall will it let me reinstall without paying again?
    Did you get sims 4 with a disk?
    Hi I'm having the same glitch with the toddler update and have also found that the only solution is to uninstall. I downloaded the game from origin so have no cd to reinstall with. If I uninstall will it let me reinstall without paying again?

Hello @Noodlemonkey12
    You don't need to pay again after uninstalling the game.
    Your sims 4 game is linked to your origin account, Log into origin using the same account that you used to first register the game and packs , then click on the Games Library section, click on the sims 4 picture, then download/install it there. Then click the extra content button that is half way down the page. That will take you to a screen that shows you what game packs, stuff packs and eps you own. You can then download/install them there.
    Thanks @rosemow I will try this now
    I have reinstalled it and no longer have the glitch but some clothing and build mode items are missing, how can I fix this?