Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is It Possible For My Sim To Have Multiple Jobs?

I have a young adult Sim Clark Grant. He already reached Level 10 in Culinary Arts Master Chef Branch but I still want him to have another job. Is it possible to have a double job at a time without quitting the other career? Or do I need my Sim to quit his current job to find another job or career? If he quit his current job, will he retain his highest position on the career (Culinary Arts Career) once he GO BACK to that job as celebrity chef (Level 10)? thanks...

Comments

• colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Nope.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    You can't. Not too sure if you will retain the level if you go back. Maybe you could try on some random made up sim (wait for them to promote to 2nd level and then quit and go back) and see?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • ImNoComedianImNoComedian Posts: 886 Member
    No, and he wont go back to the highest level of the culinary career, I think you'll be in the first level of the branch you chose
  • Marshmellow027Marshmellow027 Posts: 2 New Member
    i don't know if it is possible to have two jobs at the same time but i do know its possible to quit your job and start a new without losing your current level (meaning know matter how many jobs you have and quit your level will stay when you re join) at least that what happen to me i leveled up in every career and before deciding to re join a previous career- sims 4
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I know you can own a retail store and have a career, but you can't juggle both.

It would be hard to have two careers because the job times would overlap.
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    In a way you kind of could if you worked an actual job and then on the days off maybe do something such as paint and sell the paintings or write a book, etc. without picking up the actual careers that may go with said hobbies. That's just my thoughts on it. But two actual careers I know you definitely can't
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'd love if they could do this with part time jobs - have some that are one part of the day, some another, weekday ones and weekend ones. Then some could double with some others.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    No, I'm afraid this has yet to make it into the game. If an extra income is desired/needed, there are a few things you could have your Sim do in their 'off' time. Gather the wild fruit/veggies and flowers around your lot and sell them from the inventory. Paint and sell the artwork; write and sell the books/articles. I'm currently playing a Legacy Challenge family, and money is really tight, so my Sims gather the wild fruit/veggies and flowers from around their lot. Comes in handy, and has actually helped them keep the lights on. o:)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Not unless the other job is unofficial self-employment.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Sadly it's not possible.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    im sorry to say but its so annoying how they made these jobs. After 4 games i thought they could improove something about it.
    Like having more than 1 job at a time. I like a workaholic sims who is almost never home or a sim who has to to work hard than hard to pay her bills.. maybe cause she has a big family and some unwanted children.. i dont know its just makes more story possibilities.

We cant play with more than 1 sim per household on an active job even though they work at the same place in the same time.
    We still cant have more than 1 job at a time.
    How about the part-time jobs? I remember ts3 i guess had that. It was awesome. I could have a part time job and a full job or just a part time job cause i cant afford a babysitter (if we ever get toddlers and proper babysitters).

We got an work EP, but it wasnt fleshed out as it could be.. These things go unseen, cause the stuff that would remind us of it, is also lacking.. its sad
  • ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member
    Having more than one job would definitely have those schedules clash together. You can kinda give yourself an at-home job I guess, like selling paintings and publishing books. Or you can use that cooking skill to have a bakery and get a little extra dough from there.
    original.gif
  • Soulcloud6Soulcloud6 Posts: 267 Member
    I would love to have two jobs, are there any mods that allow this?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Soulcloud6 wrote: »
    I would love to have two jobs, are there any mods that allow this?

Haven't seen one yet.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    edited December 2015
    You can with cheats. careers.add_career {careername}

The code names for the careers are listed here: http://sims-online.com/sims-4-game-info/sims-4-game-cheats-codes/

You would have to make sure the hours didn't conflict. The teen jobs for everyone mod is useful for giving second jobs to sims with a daytime career already. (Note: I haven't actually tested this in my game yet any further than actually assigning the jobs, which does work, but I have seen other people play through and say that it works. ETA: I just tested through a whole work session with both jobs and it was fine, got paid for both, got progress for both. The only problem is the game only seems to store one work outfit, so they'll wear the outfit for the newest job to both jobs.)
    Post edited by pixiejuice on
  • Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    I'd love a two-job option. I also want a work from home option.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Besides multiple self employment options, I don't think so.
  • Thesimsman22Thesimsman22 Posts: 4 New Member
    Yes it is now possible to have two jobs. My sim on ps4 sim4 works 5am -7am and than 5pm-9pm they both work in fast food and it just works i baristasome jobs now allow you to pick the time that you want to work you can pick what time there's two options morning or night
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    It's awesome you're wanting to help out but this thread has been inactive now for nearly 5 years so I'm going to close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top