Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Two careers confirmed for December update

Comments

• SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    Happy to know that business and athletics are coming back :) I hope some more familiar careers come back in the future.
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • NaydiNaydi Posts: 387 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Actually in real life astronauts do not get their job through college but through Service to our country. In the armed forces they take flight officers training - pilot etc, etc and the top pilots eventually get the offers to start astronaut training. But college has nothing to do with it as most of our astronauts went in the service after graduating from high school, but some did also go for college degrees through the service programs. Some astronauts also attended military schools before they went in the service for both grade school and high which gave them a leg up toward joining the astronauts career line.
    Good catch, all the more reason that the Sims tradition of using the Military career to end as an astronaut was better.

TS4's Astronaut seems to be a civilian position at first glance.

TS4 Tech Guru is a better example. Most had to go through college save for the whiz kids.

Actually, I know that most US astronauts that were pilots before-hand came out of the Navy, Marine Corps or Air Force, and to be a pilot you have to be an officer, and to be an officer, you have to have a college degree. Former Navy Lieutenant here, and Navy wife to a Navy Lieutenant Commander.
    This I do for the fun of it.
    • My Sims 4 Blog with Custom Content and Commentary is at Celynoir
    • Get my Custom Content at The Sims 4 Noir and Mod the Sims.
    • More downloads, houses and Sims, are available in the Gallery, under Naydi33.
  • Ej2131Ej2131 Posts: 26 Member
    When is it coming out? I can't wait for these two careers!! :D
  • LordDarthSimsLordDarthSims Posts: 1,306 Member
    Ej2131 wrote: »
    That is What I'd Like to know as well, Really it's Dec 3, and no December update, because I want to be done with this Update That I haven't got yet, and Origin say, Your All Set.

• JessicaMWardJessicaMWard Posts: 7 New Member
    I'm an admin in a Sims 4 group and I just wanted to check the forum to see if the date has been announced since a lot of the members in the group keep asking lol. Looks like no news yet. *Sigh*
  • ZalloriZallori Posts: 56 Member
    > @SelenaGrey said:
    > So just 2?
    Awesome suggestion!
    You know I was researching a bit on the Sims 2, then 3, then well now 4 and I found that they all seem to build up to be awesome!
    This is awesome news and gets me all excited again at the vast possibilities! Love the ideas on Mermaid kingdom! would it have total underwater cities?
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Ej2131 wrote: »
    That is What I'd Like to know as well, Really it's Dec 3, and no December update, because I want to be done with this Update That I haven't got yet, and Origin say, Your All Set.

they said no update this week. And they can't give a date, because if they find a bug last minute and have to push back by a day, people will be furious.

• SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    Any guesses on when the career patch comes out? I know they said it would come out in December. But, it's already December 3rd.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Not this week. Maybe it is next week.

The SimGurus did not say a specific date. They only said it is going to be released in December.
  • SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    They've officially stated not this week.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Evidently they discovered some sort of major bug -- so the delay is a good thing.

Hoping for next Tuesday at the latest; I've got Sims ready for a career change.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Interesting how quickly all the "omg where's the patch??" posts pop up, considering there are 31 days in December, and we've only had 3 so far.

This is not on my list of things to stress about. It'll come when they drop it.

I'm good with that. Well, I will be, as long as it's READY when it's released.

• Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Don't really care much about the careers, but would like more things fixed and fine tuned in the patch that cannot come soon enough.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    December 31, 2020

LOL
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Don't want no boring careers.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Jimil wrote: »

I do want boring careers, just don't really care about the two they're offering. I can easily wait for this patch.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
    December 31, 2020

LOL

No Catmando. No! Bad!
    dontdothat.gif
    Don't give them any ideas! :p
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Interesting how quickly all the "omg where's the patch??" posts pop up, considering there are 31 days in December, and we've only had 3 so far.

It's also supposed to include the holiday sweater and hopefully some other holiday decor, as well as some possible bug fixes -- one of the Gurus said the patch had a lot in it. So it's probably just folks looking forward to getting their hands on it; it was promised in December and hopefully before Christmas for those who want the holiday content.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

I do want boring careers, just don't really care about the two they're offering. I can easily wait for this patch.
    I was talking about this upcoming patch. Business and Athletics, really? Sitting on the desk and getting sweaty all day seems like an ideal career lol
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I was talking about this upcoming patch. Business and Athletics, really? Sitting on the desk and getting sweaty all day seems like an ideal career lol

Me too, actually. Neither of those careers are ones I can't live without. I'm a bit disappointed.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5

It's also supposed to include the holiday sweater and hopefully some other holiday decor, as well as some possible bug fixes -- one of the Gurus said the patch had a lot in it. So it's probably just folks looking forward to getting their hands on it; it was promised in December and hopefully before Christmas for those who want the holiday content.

I do NOT need more tacky clothes that NPCs will be running around in (hotdog costume) unless this patch comes with an awesome ability to allow me to somehow manage and filter clothing. I already have little to NO desire for any DLC packs over this :🐸🐸🐸🐸:
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

I wish they'd add something for the outdoorsy types... best I've thought of is artists that draw outside... and astronaut, can't get more outside than space, right? but something on THIS planet would be nice, also.

I do NOT need more tacky clothes that NPCs will be running around in (hotdog costume) unless this patch comes with an awesome ability to allow me to somehow manage and filter clothing. I already have little to NO desire for any DLC packs over this :🐸🐸🐸🐸:

therethere1_zpsez6gyvjh.gif
    colton147 wrote: »

All I need is a 1st person shooter to take out the hotdog walkers.
    OJGRGDT.gif
    colton147 wrote: »

All I need is a 1st person shooter to take out the hotdog walkers.

Go on...