Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Two careers confirmed for December update

Thanks to @fullspiral for the suggestion that I post a thread around what the two careers will be in the December update. SimGuruRyan confirmed that they will be Business and Athletics in an interview with Kotaku last month.
SimGuruBChick
Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    We know this has nothing to do with the OFB ep speculation. Right?
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    We know this has nothing to do with the OFB ep speculation. Right?

Plot twist: It is something to do with the expansion speculation. ;)
  • Joey2eyeballJoey2eyeball Posts: 1,792 Member
    Wait, @SimGuruBChick, do you know because SimGuruRyan posted it or did you know anyway?
    My name is Joseph, please don't call me Joe or Joey.

Yours sincerely, Joseph :)
  • CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    Does any of the careers come with Justine Keaton or pretty Dracula or Lana Del Ray or Nicki Minaj or Arianna Grande or @munchie885 or Goopy Gilscarbo or...?
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Thanks to @fullspiral for the suggestion that I post a thread around what the two careers will be in the December update. SimGuruRyan confirmed that they will be Business and Athletics in an interview with Kotaku last month.

Thanks. So sounds like we're getting two, not two plus maybe more? I hope they're good :) I've missed the Business career, a lot.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • simsalways1simsalways1 Posts: 31 Member
    I am looking forward to the two new careers. There should defiantly be a medical career as well. Though I'd only want that if you guys added a hospital.
  • BobTheLlamaBobTheLlama Posts: 192 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    IceyJ wrote: »
    I find it hilarious how they keep telling us there are only 2 careers, and people still keep asking if it is only 2. :p
    LOL I just want them to confirm it, unmistakably.

Business and athletic careers are so boring. :(

Boring careers for a boring game, how fitting! :blush:
  • TCJGTCJG Posts: 83 Member
    Wish there would be more, but I guess this is alright
    Hello all! If you enjoy Sims 4 Let's Play be sure to check us out right here: ChrylerGames

Our Tumblr
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    SimGuruRyan confirmed that they will be Business and Athletics in an interview with Kotaku last month
    I could have sworn he said Daycare (with toddlers), but they wrote it wrong.
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    Aww, I was hoping for more. :/

Oh well. It will be nice to have them back at least. I wonder what the career rewards will be. Probably a Basketball Net and. . .
  • MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    @SimGuruBChick thank you for confirming! Just out of interest, what is your favourite career in Sims 4 so far? I keep playing the Astronaut and Secret Agent careers. (My Sims have heroic tendencies ;) )
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    @SimGuruBChick thank you for confirming! Just out of interest, what is your favourite career in Sims 4 so far? I keep playing the Astronaut and Secret Agent careers. (My Sims have heroic tendencies ;) )

Lol, I love my food, so culinary is always my first choice. And then I fish for ingredients. In every game I play, I take up cooking and fishing. I'm predictable that way :D
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    well their take let's say 1 month or more to make only 2 careers, >.>, i'm hope their come with a lot of things/furnitures otherwise i could really feel angry, because that current "career" system is something who probably any moder can do in at best 1 weeks(i'm not talking about adding new cloths or furnitures but the career itself), or i'm hoping for adults being able to get part time jobs otherwise i will just keep using my mod for that, and this will means who we gonna have currently 10 careers, with 2 branch each leading to 20 who if you have a large town,(work withy more than 20 sims you get repeating things very fast).

well i also was hopping for at last 2 more part time jobs for teens... well... bether than nothing but i really hope their bring a good amount of things for that 2 careers otherwise will be like the pool patch where we get pool, but almost none furnitures or pool interactions, currently we have swin, swin around and sit at bay, and a splash, omg their give to the most basic of the basic of the possible basic actions.

well.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • pezhead7pezhead7 Posts: 838 Member
    troy-barnes-crying.jpg

OMG JUST TELL US IF WE'RE ONLY GETTING TWO OR IF WE'RE GETTING MORE !!!!
  • GlamourSimmerGlamourSimmer Posts: 238 Member
    > @pezhead7 said:
    > OMG JUST TELL US IF WE'RE ONLY GETTING TWO OR IF WE'RE GETTING MORE !!!!

When I asked about if there would be a Christmas update, they said two careers and sweaters for Christmas. Don't know if this is actually true though but I hope we get more.
    Sim is life !
    Gaming Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjdolzKVXRHZhBiMKXTdofw ( Don't be afraid to go subscribe )
    I am a huge fan of the Open for business packs...I just love for my sims to have their own business to add something different to game
    Sim is life !
    Gaming Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjdolzKVXRHZhBiMKXTdofw ( Don't be afraid to go subscribe )
    > @simsalways1 said:
    > I am looking forward to the two new careers. There should defiantly be a medical career as well. Though I'd only want that if you guys added a hospital.

I'm looking forward to it as well!
    Sim is life !
  • steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    I hope we get some snazzy career outfits for the business career!! I loved the business career in the Sims 3 as it was sooooo easy lol cant wait to see what its like in 4!!
  • azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member
    My guess is we get new build mode objects for these careers??
  • steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    edited November 2014
    azsimmer1 wrote: »
    My guess is we get new build mode objects for these careers??

What build mode objects would we get that tie in tho?
  • EowynCarterEowynCarter Posts: 299 Member
    Only two?
    Bummer.
    I was expecting more.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    steve7859 wrote: »
    I hope we get some snazzy career outfits for the business career!! I loved the business career in the Sims 3 as it was sooooo easy lol cant wait to see what its like in 4!!

A couple of proper women's suits would be awfully nice to have.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Thank you for adding those two careers in the update next month.
  • Biggos6Biggos6 Posts: 412 Member
    I am bit sad with only 2, a Scientist and maybe Military would make sense since they are I think also the popular ones (especially since Military has ALWAYS been the highest earning one)