Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

3t2 Rabbit Hole Project

Comments

• nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Details shots:

csftg_bell_detail.jpg

csftg_playground.jpg
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @nanashi-sims
    I hadn't previously seen this thread - good job! :)
    When Sims3 was released in 2009, I created some of the homes of Sunset Valley and Riverview residents as well as a few community lots such as Central Park, Mirabella Plaza and the Little Bistro. If memory serves, I think I used the map of Desirata Valley?
    I feel inspired to create a neighbourhood with my packaged lots again plus add a few others. :)
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    Just wanted to jump in and say thank you for sharing.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    Probably dumb question but the buildings are empty correct? and we have to furnish?
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    edited December 2016
    bluegayle_ wrote: »
    Probably dumb question but the buildings are empty correct? and we have to furnish?

Yes. They are unfurnished. I do post interior CC that I've created for my lots (based on my screenshots) but I use about 20GB of CC to design my lots and that's way too many creator policies to worry about what I can and cannot share. Also, I don't want to be responsible for CC that I downloaded for myself to corrupt anyone's games. So this is the easiest way to share :relaxed:
    Thank you. Just wanted to check in case i missed something. lol Love your builds and the screenshots. Really adds to my game so thanks again for sharing.
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    Uploaded Interior CC for the Bookstore. It's available on my site (see signature)

nanashi-4t2_bookstore_set.jpg
  • BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    Wow, I am in awe of the patience and love that went into making these builds :dizzy: I can't wait to see more of this -- it's phenomenal! :smiley:
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Nice to see someone converting this world or builds from ts3 >> ts2. I always had a thought if somebody had already worked upon this project and almost had an urge of starting this project myself back in the days. GJ though! ;)

@DragonCat159 - You're welcome to join me! This is a pretty intensive project considering that all rabbit holes have to have the functionality of the TS3 rabbit holes (which requires mods), custom CC for build and buy mode (which requires meshing), and recolours (which requires graphic skills), as well as research and imagination (which requires creativity). It would be a lot easier if more people were helping out with this project (independently or as a team). I know that I was stressing about having to convert all of the TS4 police and hospital content to for other lots, but someone went and did this so all I have to do is provide a link to that content when I finish the lot! Are you a member of Leefish?

Feels like I wrote this comment (de javu I guess?), but here I go again: I would totally help you, but considering that I don't have the TS3 and TS4 installed, I can't really do anything. Maybe you can provide me a picture with a blueprint so I can replicate a few lots that are required to be replicated ;)
    NNpYlHF.jpg
    Fabulous project I am impressed , the exterior copy-catting is absolutely stunning and the interiors are to die for. I wish rabbitholes playable in ts3. I don't really like rabbit holes idea in fact.

Does TS3 allow for community lots with an OFB-like functionality? I thought they never implemented businesses in that iteration? Thanks very much for your feedback. It's a very long work in progress! I sometimes get really excited and get ahead of myself. I've already done the build for the Community School for the Gifted, before I even finished Mirabello Plaza :confounded: I really need to stay focused! Once I graduate though... it's so game on :joy:

If I can find them I'll post my Divisadero pics here :smile:
    Midnight Hollow set has OFB functionality.

@DragonCat159 is that only for the set, or do you get that functionality for every world/hood if you download the set?

I think you get for all, but I'm not totally sure about it. One thing I know about it that the system of it sucks and you better of using the modded version of it ;)
    NNpYlHF.jpg
    You should definantly upload them on modthesims!
    NNpYlHF.jpg
    You should definantly upload them on modthesims!

Cheers. I have my own site and I link all my stuff to Tumblr, so I only use MTS for downloading other artists stuff. If I share files on any other site, it's 🐸🐸🐸🐸 which is my main TS2 community.

And I don't mind doing the conversions since I have both games (TS4 is currently unplayable with Origin uninstalled) you're welcome to do interior items. Right now I'm working on the Everfresh Grocery build/lot objects, and haven't even started the interior yet, and I am working on the Wilsonoff Community Theatre interior CC. I still need:
    - curtains
    - movie screen
    - A faux window, faux painting, or wallpaper image set of a film room
    - concession stand items (buyable popcorn, soda, and candy bars (any/all of these functional, if possible))
    - 3D glasses deco bin, and 3D glasses accessories
    - Sims 1 or Sims 2 thematic animations for a custom TV channel

I really want a saxophone and flute in my game (see TS1 CC) and so if you do animations, custom sounds or know any player in the TS2 community who does, please encourage them to work on a project like this!
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    These are epic. REALLY epic. :o
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited January 2017
    I have no words , because I play sunset valley all the time (my own version of no more the original) and to see all the buildings from this town in the sims 2 is totally incredible. I would love to get all of them in my sims 2. I just ignore if every cc you use are in the sims2pack or if I have got to download. I forgot to ask you this last time.
    Fabulous project I am impressed , the exterior copy-catting is absolutely stunning and the interiors are to die for. I wish rabbitholes playable in ts3. I don't really like rabbit holes idea in fact.

Does TS3 allow for community lots with an OFB-like functionality? I thought they never implemented businesses in that iteration? Thanks very much for your feedback. It's a very long work in progress! I sometimes get really excited and get ahead of myself. I've already done the build for the Community School for the Gifted, before I even finished Mirabello Plaza :confounded: I really need to stay focused! Once I graduate though... it's so game on :joy:

If I can find them I'll post my Divisadero pics here :smile:

@nanashi-sims I am sorry for my late answer , I didn't have any notifications. Yes it's possible if you got the Savvy Seller's Collection from Midnight Hollow Gold edition (ani's also have an improved version I just don't use it so I can't tell you). You can even sell cars.
    You also can run a backery and a restaurant . That's all I know. I myself don't play OFB like gameplay but I have some premium contents.

However for rabbit holes except if you have got this mod by Zerbu explained by nrass (availible for ts4 as well) you can't see your sims working inside. I never tested it.
    I also to thank you for your meshes you've done a couple of years ago, I love them.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Yeah the Savvy Seller set doesn't really compare to what they gave us in TS2. It's very simplistic and doesn't even work for all objects. The Savvier Seller mod available at NRAAS is better but still not as good as the TS2 system. You have to use objects on the lot - shelves, displays, rugs - and a special register in order to be able to sell things on a TS3 lot. It's better than nothing, but I think players deserved better!

I love all these lots! They do look absolutely fabulous, inside and outside. I checked out your website and that wall outlet for TS4 is really cool, too!
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Yeah the Savvy Seller set doesn't really compare to what they gave us in TS2. It's very simplistic and doesn't even work for all objects. The Savvier Seller mod available at NRAAS is better but still not as good as the TS2 system. You have to use objects on the lot - shelves, displays, rugs - and a special register in order to be able to sell things on a TS3 lot. It's better than nothing, but I think players deserved better!

I love all these lots! They do look absolutely fabulous, inside and outside. I checked out your website and that wall outlet for TS4 is really cool, too!

@HappySimmer3 Thank you for all these explanations. I heard the savvy seller wasn't really according to the rumours. I don't play OFB either in the sims 2 I got the ep . I tested one time it was hard to manage to it was the mess in my own shop I abandonned it. ;) but I love the idea of shopping.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
    tumblr_onscsrIuSE1u6pegqo1_1280.jpg

Because I really just don't want to study any more :cry: Two... more... months.

I'm looking for interior CC ideas if anyone has time to share their thoughts. I think a conveyor belt, and a mini-shopping cart for baskets are on the definite list.

conveyor_inspo.jpg

cart_inspo.jpg

Along with all of the produce from the TS3 list as buyable content... might pop off some TS4 spa day stuff for a speciality section. Reckon folks will get weirded out if I start taking photos in a WholeFoods store, but I reckon this is what Everfresh Delights would be like if you could go inside...

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :smile:
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Only just came across this thread and your creations are totally awesome! Could I please ask a favour? A long, long time ago I took off signatures so I cannot see any anymore and I don't know how to get them back, so could you please post a link to your creations within a normal post?

As for content inside the shop, the only things I can think of have probably already been done - shelving with tinned goods, boxed cereals and all that sort of stuff.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited April 2017
    @nanashi-sims

Thanks for the update and pics I already use your 3t2 hood lots/decorations in my 2 game and am really looking forward to being able to use the lots from your latest project as they are just awesome so thank you for taking the time to continually create them.

With 3 the rabbithole community lots just provide notifications on what Sims are supposed to be doing while they are inside visiting however in later years’ career mods were developed and something called Rabbit hole rugs were used on player made community lots allowing the community lot status to remain intact while visiting sims were able to go inside due to the rugs. In this way players, could create their own community lot work environments and follow their sims into work/school etc.

As far as shopping and restaurants go I purchased every thing that ever came out from the 3 store and it simply never worked out the way it was supposed to no matter how I tried to make it work so eventually I gave up. Then came my first ever try out (apart from one play a lot of years ago) of the 2 series with UC and I could not believe the depth of interactions between sims, the way they actually walked around stores with shopping baskets, pay with money at cash registers and then put their groceries away in their fridges when they returned home. Then I watched in amazement how meals were served at the table and how they sat and chatted with one another. I liked the way sims did not stand up or move around when they went to a restaurant for a group meal and how they are even able to propose at the table so I spent days just watching all these interactions/animations I had so desperately wanted to see/create in 3 never knowing it was all there in 2.

I have only just started playing OFB and am taking it slow learning how it works but I already know the way it works far exceeds anything I have tried in any other series as yet so I have a lot of different business ideas that are going to take me some time to create and play in my hoods.

I do miss the 3 open world and colour wheel though :)

I found a link for a supermarket conveyor belt but it is dated 2005

https://www.thesimsresource.com/members/buntah/downloads/details/category/sims2-objects-furnishing-surfaces/title/supermarket-conveyor-belt/id/178433/

I hope you manage to get a decent break from your studies :)

@elanorbreton

the full link to nanashi-sims creations on the following link

http://nanashi.sims2.net/
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    the full link to nanashi-sims creations on the following link

http://nanashi.sims2.net/
    Thank you xx (I really must get out of bed and go to work now lol)
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @elanorbreton

You are welcome :)
  • NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    Wow! This looks amazing. :blush:
    @nanashi-sims Very well done, you did an awesome job. I am sure it is a lot of work to get all the CC you need and then build it so that it looks like in Sims 3. :open_mouth:

For the supermarket interior CC, I recently found a shopping trolley on Sims Resource that looks quite nice. Unfortunately I can't post links yet, but the creator of the shopping trolleys is called Cyclonesue, if you're interested. ;)
    And Around the Sims 2 has nice grocery clutter, if you need that kind of stuff. :smile:
    Nindl wrote: »
    Wow! This looks amazing. :blush:
    @nanashi-sims Very well done, you did an awesome job. I am sure it is a lot of work to get all the CC you need and then build it so that it looks like in Sims 3. :open_mouth:

For the supermarket interior CC, I recently found a shopping trolley on Sims Resource that looks quite nice. Unfortunately I can't post links yet, but the creator of the shopping trolleys is called Cyclonesue, if you're interested. ;)
    And Around the Sims 2 has nice grocery clutter, if you need that kind of stuff. :smile:

Thanks for the heads up! I love Cyclonesue's stuff! Right now I'm working on designing the checkout counter. I'll be busy this weekend with school work but the following week, I should be able to complete it. I might change the design though... still not sure if this is the design I want to go with.

tumblr_oo9yo0hgaa1u6pegqo1_1280.png
  • NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    @nanashi-sims
    Wow, you create CC? That is so cool, I wish I could do that as well. :)
    I think the checkout counter looks really good so far. ;)
    Nindl wrote: »
    @nanashi-sims
    Wow, you create CC? That is so cool, I wish I could do that as well. :)
    I think the checkout counter looks really good so far. ;)

Haha! Yeah, I have to create all the CC (viz. windows, doors, wallpaper, floors, signs, object conversions, interior, etc.) to make these rabbit holes :joy:

Until I started this project I mainly did IKEA furniture and clutter... stuff I like my sims to have. If you like my stuff, you should visit my site :blush: